It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Yellow Forest available on WiFi April 1st 
Author Message
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
For those of you who own the American versions of HeartGold & SoulSilver, Yellow Forest will be available on WiFi on April 1st. It's a special forest where you can catch male Pikachus that know Fly and female ones that know Surf. The article is here.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
This is fantastic & I heard about this yesterday on the internet somewhere...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 50
As I don't have my copy of SoulSilver yet (c'mon Amazon.com! :)) I was just wondering, is it true that you don't have to activate the Mystery Gift option on HGSS, it's already on the start-up menu?

Also, since I haven't started HGSS yet, any word on how receiving a PokeWalker route is going to work exactly? o_O

_________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Image
Check out my blog, Infinititus or my DeviantArt page! :)


Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 22
I dont understand how this will work, will you receive it on your pokewalker, or in the game? And, if in the game, how do you receive an area?

_________________
Image Image


Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Rybo wrote:
As I don't have my copy of SoulSilver yet (c'mon Amazon.com! :)) I was just wondering, is it true that you don't have to activate the Mystery Gift option on HGSS, it's already on the start-up menu?

Also, since I haven't started HGSS yet, any word on how receiving a PokeWalker route is going to work exactly? o_O


to the first portion of this...Yes it is already unlocked...once you recieve the Pokedex that is...

to the second portion of this...I don't know but I do know that Pokewalker courses aren't unlocked on the Pokewalker but on the connect to Pokewalker screen of the game your Pokewalker connects to...so you probably download the Wonder Card via Mystery Gift to game & then it unlocks it immediately once you go to the Pokewalker screen & or connect your Pokewalker to the game again...someone please either confirm this or tell us how somehow...meh... -_-

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:09 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
ooh. i wonder if you can breed these moves onto pichus? *blinks* that would be AWESOME!!! XD.

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:34 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoiler Alert!

You Aren't!...

I do dislike one thing about this event & that's that it's happening from the 1st & going on all month though!...why all month & not two events 15 or so days a piece... ( ,- __ ,- ) ...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 50
Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoiler Alert!

You Aren't!...

I do dislike one thing about this event & that's that it's happening from the 1st & going on all month though!...why all month & not two events 15 or so days a piece... ( ,- __ ,- ) ...


This makes me suspicious of the conditions you need to meet to access the event, ie, unlocking certain ingame content to access the downloadable content. Which could suck, since I leave the country on the 6th! Aieeee... :)

_________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Image
Check out my blog, Infinititus or my DeviantArt page! :)


Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoiler Alert!

You Aren't!...

I do dislike one thing about this event & that's that it's happening from the 1st & going on all month though!...why all month & not two events 15 or so days a piece... ( ,- __ ,- ) ...


This makes me suspicious of the conditions you need to meet to access the event, ie, unlocking certain ingame content to access the downloadable content. Which could suck, since I leave the country on the 6th! Aieeee... :)


umm the only things you need to do to access this event is;

1. Get the PokeDex from Prof. Oak ingame...

2. Connect your Pokewalker to your pokemon game by transfering a pokemon to it (this should not be a problem!...under no curcumstances...)...

3. PROFIT?!

in other words, there are no real requirements to get this Event since it's just a PokeWalker course which is just unlocked for selection via your HGSS Cartridge once the Wonder Card I guess is downloaded via Mystery Gift (Mystery Gift which is unlocked when 1. is achieved...see?...)...

& I was talking to Ryder...nothing more...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:16 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
im not? huh. anyways, so i connect to wifi from my ds in a hotspot, dont gotta go to a gamestop or anything?

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:17 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryder wrote:
im not? huh. anyways, so i connect to wifi from my ds in a hotspot, dont gotta go to a gamestop or anything?


Exactly...since it's being distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which is like the Platinum Wi-Fi Events...which can be done from your living room couch if desired or even in the middle of on going traffic...as long as you are in the right...Country...see?...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Posts: 7
When I first read this article I was a bit confused, a pikachu using fly? *giggles* not possible but I looked at the pic advertisement for the yellow park and there are pikachu's flying up by ballons, silly how that would work in battle but I guess it's possible.

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm
Posts: 4
Pikachu knows fly? Best concept ever!!! I wonder if you can then breed that pikachu to have a pichu that knows fly. That'd be even more fantastic.


Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Katasa wrote:
Pikachu knows fly? Best concept ever!!! I wonder if you can then breed that pikachu to have a pichu that knows fly. That'd be even more fantastic.


hey...I just answered this question...no...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
Lawence Codye wrote:
Ryder wrote:
im not? huh. anyways, so i connect to wifi from my ds in a hotspot, dont gotta go to a gamestop or anything?


Exactly...since it's being distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which is like the Platinum Wi-Fi Events...which can be done from your living room couch if desired or even in the middle of on going traffic...as long as you are in the right...Country...see?...

Ok. thanks. i thought it was funny that i couldnt get the event pichu straight to my heart gold with the wi-fi thing. :S

and to this person:
Lass-Momoi wrote:
When I first read this article I was a bit confused, a pikachu using fly? *giggles* not possible but I looked at the pic advertisement for the yellow park and there are pikachu's flying up by ballons, silly how that would work in battle but I guess it's possible.
its about as logical as a mouse that shoots lightning bolts, or ppl controlling god-like creatures such as arceus, palkia, dialga, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza. rofl. just sayin', not intending to troll or anything.

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 50
Lawence Codye wrote:
Exactly...since it's being distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which is like the Platinum Wi-Fi Events...which can be done from your living room couch if desired or even in the middle of on going traffic...as long as you are in the right...Country...see?...


Actually, I found out recently (though to be confirmed) that Australia operates on the same server as the States (or, at very least, has synchronized events...?). So, some different countries are okay. Thankfully for me. :)

_________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Image
Check out my blog, Infinititus or my DeviantArt page! :)


Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Exactly...since it's being distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which is like the Platinum Wi-Fi Events...which can be done from your living room couch if desired or even in the middle of on going traffic...as long as you are in the right...Country...see?...


Actually, I found out recently (though to be confirmed) that Australia operates on the same server as the States (or, at very least, has synchronized events...?). So, some different countries are okay. Thankfully for me. :)


yeah...somewhere in this forum's "Sinjoh Ruins" this was mentioned already...so fantastic news there...meh...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:02 am
Posts: 64
You don't know that. I'd like to believe that there is a possibility of a badarse surfie / ballooning Pikachu.

_________________
ImageImage
__________Team KETCHUM___________________ My Pokemon PLATINUM Team


Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 50
Lawence Codye wrote:
Rybo wrote:

yeah...somewhere in this forum's "Sinjoh Ruins" this was mentioned already...so fantastic news there...meh...


lol, your apathy is awe inspiring. People will write books of it one day. Though they'll probably be short, and fairly analytical. More of a clinical psychology pamphlet, possibly? :)

_________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Image
Check out my blog, Infinititus or my DeviantArt page! :)


Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Rybo wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Rybo wrote:

yeah...somewhere in this forum's "Sinjoh Ruins" this was mentioned already...so fantastic news there...meh...


lol, your apathy is awe inspiring. People will write books of it one day. Though they'll probably be short, and fairly analytical. More of a clinical psychology pamphlet, possibly? :)


lol...you made me look up the word Apathy in a dictionary & with that knowledge, I now say this...
I am interested in this topic...just have a very sarcastic way of speaking which...yeah, so...meh...

...I just notice that the Surfing Pikachu is female only meaning breeding would be a no go anyway...on the other hand, the Flying Pikachu is male only but due to Pichu not being able to learn Fly itself...no dice there either...I am hoping that this will be a special case with it being able to learn the move only if breeded with the respective Pikachu...but not likely...meh...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
Yay, a surfing pika! thats legit! XD and dont forget about the pika that flies up high with balloons and zaps its foes with lightning from above. i shall nickname him Zeus as soon as i get it in my pokewalker. incidentally, there's no timer for this is there? like the yellow forest being deleted from your pokewalker after a month or so? or can you get a theoretically unlimited amount of flying/surfing pikas?

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryder wrote:
Yay, a surfing pika! thats legit! XD and dont forget about the pika that flies up high with balloons and zaps its foes with lightning from above. i shall nickname him Zeus as soon as i get it in my pokewalker. incidentally, there's no timer for this is there? like the yellow forest being deleted from your pokewalker after a month or so? or can you get a theoretically unlimited amount of flying/surfing pikas?


If your asking if you can keep the Pokewalker couse Yellow Forest from this event as long as you want, then of course you can...just like any other Event Pokemon or Pokewalker course unlocked from any Event Pokemon...I'm not sure about this in the case of starting your game file over though...& yes you can catch as many of these ""Special Pikachu"" as you want as long as you pay for it...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
Okay, thanks. do you know if you will be able to trade or GTS these special pikachus?

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 am
Posts: 50
Ryder wrote:
Okay, thanks. do you know if you will be able to trade or GTS these special pikachus?


I believe that you will be able to. Surf and Fly are moves that are readily available in DPP, so I don't see any reason you couldn't. Version exclusives are usually things like alternate forms (ie, Origin form Giratina can't go to DP, Sky form Shaymin can't go to DP, Spiky-Eared Pichu can't go to DPP). As far as I know... o.o

The only problem with GTS'ing them would be that other people couldn't see that the Pikachu had Surf or Fly, and so wouldn't know that they were special... unless that's changed with the Platinum/HGSS GTS system? (haven't made it that far yet :))

_________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Image
Check out my blog, Infinititus or my DeviantArt page! :)


Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
I actually meant will the GTS consider them legit, or hacked, because pikachu normally cant learn fly or surf. :S

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.