It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Eighteen ranks....the ranking threads! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

RANKING/RATING THREADS ARE THE BEST.

I Love reading through all of your opinions! I love seeing how obsessed you are with things that don't really matter! I LOVE how you split it all up into weekly installments as if your thread was the forums version of LOST or something! BUT MOST OF ALL I LOVE THE NUMERICAL ARTISTRY DEMONSTRATED. *

HEAR/HERE it IS:

10.GoFDS TCG GAMES--NO ONE CARES

Who cares about tcg? no one thats who. that is why this is last on the ranking list. don't be ashamed gofd...your persistence pays off and you come back with a bigger and better ranking thread later! ;););)
Pros:gives gud background on card games
cons: is about card games.

9.BOSSES OR SOMETHING??!

LeoTheLion comes in at #9 in an attempt to rank bosses of the famous sega franchise pkmn!! Firstly i am impressed a lion can type so well! SEcondaly, B-mac makes a hilarious revival of the originally 2mnth dead thread to whine about some dude named morty and ghost pokemon...which is HILARIOUS in an alanis morrisette irony kind of way (hi frost!).

Pros: GOOD depth i guess?, attempts of being rational! some attempt at coherent thought. B-mac.
Cons: VOMIT text! NEEDS MORE PICTURES. NO ONE IS TALKING.

Quote: "The only problems with her... her Gym was frustra.ting as balls."
since when are balls frustrating? ONLY when You are sitting on a horse, thats when!!!

5.FROST SUPER SMASH BROS

forst, seemingly having nothing better to do than play games all day long and then post long rants about them that ppl only pretend to read, comes in at #5 for a beautifully constructed thread about ....something? OH YEAH abou t half way thru on the first page he decides to rank ssb characters. the OP is a welcome invitation for things to rank! CAN U BELIEVE IT. I CAN'T. BUT ITS THERE. IN FRONT OF ME. ON THE SCREEEN>>>

Pros: Amazing depth, if not TOO MUCH. WELL constructed! PICTURES! Borderline obsessive....
Cons: So obsessive it scares me at times.

Quote: "-Funniest names of racehorses" TCM (Oct 5 2010)

4.GOFD's EVERY TV SHOW !

GOFD Shows that if at first u dont succeed just try again! and if then u dont succeed then its prob best to quit. :(
Pros: HILARIOUS commentary on modern and post-modern tv shows that we all can relate to!
Cons: As per psypoke policy, forum seniors decide to bury the thread and it descends into a meme extravaganza! OH PSYPOKE YOU OLD CARD! *posts pictures of hitler*

Quotes: "ADAM AND JAMIE MAKE SCIENCE FUN!!!"

2.REGISTEALS CHARACTERZ

R_R IS Close to my fav poster on these forums its true. THIs topic does things right but setting things out int he OP ! Then thers great discussion on some other stuff and theres also lots of different colours and then ther....ok i'll be hoenst i didnt read the thread.
Pros: Only 2 pages long.
Cons: Is 2 pages too long.

Quotes: "Aha! I have started infecting people with Meat Boy madness!" nomnom52 15:2 never forget.

And NOW! for number #1........
1.FROST EVERY PKMN SOMETHING
The original, the best, the one that started it all!!!!! Frost ranks an ungodly amount of pkmn in meticulous detail showing a side that we have rarely seen from frost....she shows vulnerability, ferocity, and an overwhelming sense of pride throughout the whole process. This thread is a conduit to pure and utter paradise through the bowels of asphyxiating lunacy. Teddy R Roosevelt once said that landing man on the moon was the greatest achievement in the past 100 yrs....i beg to differ mr president.

Pros: THE ORIGINAL/THE BEST. Encourages debate! Controversy! Personality! Details--explainations--pictures. JUST THE PURE EFFORT PUT INTO THIS--SPRITES, FAN ART! Can you see what i'm seeing?! JUST LOOK AT IT! This belongs in the freaking LOUVRE.Obsessive.
Cons: So obsessive it scares me. Spawned all the other ranking/rating threads.

Quote: "I really wish I could give one a hug, even with its slightly derpy DP sprite."

* I only did the ones on the first page cause lets be honest this subforum is horrible and i did not want to venture into page 2; furthermore this is just a poor mans team solar. forever riding in the coattails.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:28 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

10/10 would read again.

Your words cut my heart like a knife though. :'(

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I got quoted? A nobody like me, quoted?! That's pretty cool.
I do find it interesting that your ranking thread didn't get ranked. I liked it, though.

EDIT:
Wait, what's with the "15:2 forever. Never Forget." stuff? Sorry for ignorance, I'm just confused.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:30 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Ranking thread of ranking threads.

Next you'll be telling me Psybucks will be brought back.

oh wait...

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:11 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

request to delete all posts after skull kid's. tyia.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Posts deleted at the request of OP.

One question though: where does your ranking thread rank on the list? :?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I meant no offense Eighteen, but I think most of us (not trying to put words in anyone's mouth here, it just seemed like it to me) were just trying to get the point across that this seems somewhat silly at this point since there are only a handful of ranking threads out there (also that they pop up every few days). If you're intending on adding in new ranking threads when a new one comes out (which seems to only be a matter of time) this would seem more sound, but as of right now it seems almost entirely pointless. Again no offense, just seems that way to me.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]