It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Gotta Rate 'Em All: Bosses [45-44 Who?] 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey there! Leo here, and I figured that in spirit of the GPCT, rating a large mass of things would be challenging and fun. So I vowed that I'd rank all of the bosses of the game, including all of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Evil Team leaders, rivals, Frontier Brains ('cept Hoenn's) and other random bosses. So here's the list of the eligible ratees, in order of game:
-Blue
-Brock
-Misty
-Lt. Surge
-Erika
-Koga
-Sabrina
-Blaine
-Giovanni
-Lorelei
-Bruno
-Agatha
-Lance
-Silver
-Falkner
-Bugsy
-Whitney
-Morty
-Chuck
-Jasmine
-Pryce
-Claire
-Will
-Karen
-Janine
-Red
-May
-Brendan
-Roxanne
-Brawly
-Wattson
-Flannery
-Norman
-Winona
-Tate&Liza
-Wallace
-Juan
-Sidney
-Glacia
-Phoebe
-Drake
-Steven Stone
-Barry
-Dawn
-Roark
-Gardenia
-Maylene
-Wake
-Fantina
-Byron
-Candice
-Volkner
-Flint
-Aaron
-Bertha
-Flint
-Lucian
-Cynthia
-Palmer
-Thorton
-Dahlia
-Darach
-Argenta
-Cyrus

That's 65 to be ranked, and I started with 64 so after number 1 is the CHAMPIONZ! I will rank five at a time at a rate of five every so often, so mathematically I should finish.. sometime. And the rankings start... NEXT POST!

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

64. Lucian - The Psychic Elite of Sinnoh!
How did this guy make it to the bottom of the list? Well, let me tell you. This guy wishes he was as fabulous as Will. He really does. I mean, there can only be so many Elite Fours that have a preference for the Psychic, and Lucian decided that one fabulous guy wasn't enough to carry the name. He was wrong. Will wins over you, buddy, and you'll never take his place in my heart!

Point two: He's wearing some sort of warm-up suit/jumpsuit. Wtf? He's a Psychic type elite! And warm-up suits are for gym teachers and old ladies. I can imagine Lucian with the personality of an old woman, but that gives up no reason to dress like one. My friend here is the lowest of low. Sorry bud!

63. Bertha - The Ground Elite of Sinnoh

Hey, speaking of old ladies and the Sinnoh Elite Four, it's Bertha! Yes, like a swift kick to the groin, two of Sinnoh's most elite have fallen victim to my judgment. But why Bertha? I'm sure she's a sweet lady sometimes, but she has a pretty flat personality for these games. I mean, sure you can only go so far with character development in the Elite Four, but this lady is a cardboard cut-out! Plus she has the ground type in the elite four. Every one of those suckers can be taken out by a water or grass-type - probably the two most common types in the game. Sorry lady, nothing against you, but I don't see any reason for you to be above anyone else except Will-posers.

62. Roxanne - The Rock-Hard Hoenn Gym Leader

No Roxanne, you did not need to bring back the Rock Gym, or at least this early of one. Maybe the middle of the league might be nice. Plus your kind of a boring person. I don't even have anything to say against you, except that what's the age minimum for gym leaders? I know Tate and Liza are young, but they deserve the position. You are not dynamic enough. You lose. Good day sir.

61. Argenta - The Battle Hall Matron

There are not many words to describe this Frontier Brain save for... androgynous. All of the other GenIV brains are pretty acceptable, as well as the other attractions. The Battle Hall didn't really "Meh, might be fun!" me as well as the other ones did. Her theme (whatever it is) doesn't even fit the Battle Hall that well. Whatever the theme of the Battle Hall is. Ambiguity will not get you anywhere, Argenta. Especially gender ambiguity.

60. Glacia - The Icy Elite of Hoenn

Hey Glacia. You're not all that bad. You were just extremely forgettable. I had to go back to the Gyms and Elites page to remember who you were. Then I remembered - you were the forgettable one. You weren't that hard to beat, but you weren't easy enough to redeem yourself either. You don't win. But hey, you're not Lucian!

Tune in for next episode! here's a sneak preview:

Highlight to view spoiler.
Another Sinnoh Elite
Two Sinnoh gym Leaders
Two thirds of two wholes

~A haiku

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've got two questions. One, why are you not bothering to include the Hoenn Frontier Brains? They're bosses in their own right. Admittedly, I like this concept that you're taking them from the games (main) rather than everywhere, because that's what we're most familiar with.

Two, why are you using blue color font? Against the blue background, it's really hard and an eyesore to read. You might choose a color that doesn't match so closely with the background to do this.

Otherwise, cool stuff! Admittedly, it's hard to do too much about characters, but I'm interested to see where this goes!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Where is Wally? You know, the other rival in RSE. The one that you helped to catch a Ralts.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back for more!

59. Aaron - The Sinnoh Elite that Bugs Everyone
I was all for the idea of a Bug-type Sinnoh Elite. It needed to happen, because the Bug-type (until recently) hasn't gotten equal attention with all of the other types. But along came Aaron, the annoying, static, personalityless pseudo-savior of the Bug-type. He was just an annoying 10-16 year-old that liked bugs, basically a glorified Bug Catcher. The Bug Elite had so much potential to be an epic badass Bug-lover but alas, we get Aaron. Sorry, Sinnoh elites, I'm not your biggest fan.

58. Wattson - The Electric Hoenn Leader with Weird Hair
I don't get Wattson. Was he supposed to be in the Army or is he just an Ex-criminal or what? I know his backstory involves New Mauville (an idea that I really liked) but I don't understand anything past that. Plus, to add to that, his Gym was so annoying and nearly unbeatable for its time. The only Ground-type move available when reached was Mud-Slap from Aron (unless you chose Mudkip). He was nearly impossible to beat because he was overpowered. Much like other third Gym Leaders that use the electric type.

57. Gardenia - The Boring Grass Gym Leader from Sinnoh
Let's start with the positives: I liked her DP gym. Hide-and-Seek is such an awesome game.

Positives aside, she was another emotionless Sinnoh Leader. What a shame, because she had the Grass type! How about someone eccentric? Someone that's really weird and likable and players look forward to. Instead we get this tunic-wearing teenager that's like "Oh you found all my gurlfrendz now lets do Pokemon!" Sinnoh... I'm sorry.

56. Maylene - The FEMALE Fighting Gym Leader of Sinnoh
Meanwhile at the Game Freak new game ideas-pitch meeting...
"Hey guys, I've got a great idea! Let's have a female Fighting-type Gym Leader!"
"I don't know how I feel about that idea, Fred. We're going to have to-"
"But wait, let me finish! She's going to be a YOGA INSTRUCTOR!"
*group gasp*

Yeah I like the idea of a female Gym Leader. I also like the idea of Communism, but unfortunately things don't always work out when put into practice. Maylene was NOT worthy to wield Lucario as her clincher Pokemon. I'm sorry Maylene. Yoga Gym Leaders are a must-not.

55. Juan - Simply Fabulous
I missed Wallace and his flaming water-types. So why did he have to be moved from Gym Leader Position and why did he have to be replaced by a flaming stereotypical Spaniard? Ideas como eso no sienta bien conmigo. Wallace was perfectly fine and should NOT have been moved to Champion position. Sootopolis was never the same.

~A haiku

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

... What you got against Communism..... And against Juan. I think it's great that Wallace got champion. Plus it's not like you never got to battle Steven again. (You do know that he is in the back of meteorite falls after the league.) As for Maylene so what a girl fighting gym leader Blasphemy!. It's not a big deal not to mention I never saw her as a Yoga instructor.......... but that just me. But remeber the psycommunist is always watching...

This has been a public service announcement from D_S

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I said I liked the idea of a girl Gym Leader. :P And she definitely looks like either a yoga instructor or a gymnast.

We're not going to even start a communism conversation. I don't want to get into that. Remember the Anarchy thread?

Psh, I ain't afraid of no psycommunist.

~A haiku

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I like this thread a lot. I think it could be just as good,if not better than,Frost ranks every pokemon. Even though he has more things to rank than you do. Also,

GO STEVEN! even though you were a pain in the a$$ to beat in RSE.

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edoc'sil wrote:
GO STEVEN! even though you were a pain in the a** to beat in RSE.

Like he said, Go Steven!

P.S. It didn't really that hard if you have type advantage or if your pokemon level were above them.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

hey guys, i write in blinding colors so you have to highlight what I say to read it

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
hey guys, i write in blinding colors so you have to highlight what I say to read it

I feel foolish, that probably took me 5 minutes to figure out.
But why must you make me feel foolish?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Like he said, Go Steven!

P.S. It didn't really that hard if you have type advantage or if your pokemon level were above them.

I did. Flygon,Blaziken,and crawdaunt. Blaziken was lv.100 and the other two were lv.68. And I still hardly squeaked by. I know what you're thinking,and no: I wasn't a noob.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fixed the apparently apparent color problem. Now on to more bashery.

54. Bugsy - The insectual intellectual (about insects) from Johto
Bugsy was alright at best - the second Gym Leader of Johto. Had bugs. Unfortunately at this point there weren't too many great Bug Pokemon or Bug moves. The thing that bothered me the most though was that I could never tell whether Bugsy was male or female (and even still I'm not sure). The magenta hair makes me think female, but there are enough messed up video game characters and gender-ambiguous pop stars for me to remain unsure. Bugsy should have happened later in the game also. (Reason #76 I'm glad Gold/Silver was remade)

53. Winona - Hoenn's near-win
Let me get this out of the way - I believe Winona has some fantards. I haven't ever quite understood this. She's alright as far as Flying-type leaders go. She was in the right place in the game at the right time - she just kind of wasn't right. Garbed in garbage reminiscent of Tron Guy (just imagine him with wings on his head) and possessed absolutely no soul (Flying-type leaders need more soul), Winona was a near-win among Hoenn Gym Leaders - if only they had given her more of a character.

52. Candice - Cool, bro!
Oh, Candice. Leader of Snowpoint city. Why must you dress so contrarily to your town? It must have been freezing up there, and you were in a skimpy one-piece. I understand the ice-skater persona for an Ice Gym Leader (super-cool idea) but what bugs me is that Snowpoint is such a small town - where's the ice rink? She seems like a city girl in a small town, it just doesn't make sense. There's not really much great about Candice but not much to complain about. She just gets a "meh" from me.

51. Cyrus - The villain who meant well
Cyrus was an archetype. And nothing more. He meant to destroy the world because it was right in his perspective. As if I haven't seen that kind of villain thousands of times before. Cyrus was no different, really, from any other archetype villain. It's like they stuck in the "villain" template and forgot to actually put stuff in it. They could have done so much better with this.

50. Barry - A rival
Barry was disappointing for a rival, especially the game's main rival. He was just an overexcited obnoxious kid who wanted to Pokemanz. But then his dad was a Frontier Brain and he was cool, remember that? Wherever he was going he was in a hurry, and he was still slower than laid-back, protagonist-smelling Blue. He didn't even become Champion. You failed our expectation, Barry. YOU FAILED!!!

~A haiku

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So far so good, keep it up!

Anyway, the gender confusion about Bugsy also confuse me too. Some said that it was male, some other said that it was female. But i guess it was revealed that it's male.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, May, Brandon, and Steven are still in. Lovin' this thread.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MOAR!

49. Chuck - The shirtless fighter of Johto
I'm glad they had a fighting Gym in Johto! They put it in the right place too. Unfortunately, this is a thread for rating bosses. And this is where I'm putting Chuck. First of all, the immediate problem needs to be addressed: Chuck, put a freaking shirt on. Nobody wants to see that. Second of all, you're not as awesome as you make yourself out to be. So what? You stand under a waterfall. That's not BA or anything. There are love songs written about that crap.

Chuck does however have a redeeming factor: He has good taste in women. His wife is pretty sweet and gives you the most useful HM in the game. Thank you!

48. Karen - The Dark Elite of Johto
Karen, why are you dark? I think we all know the answer and here's a hint: it doesn't belong in a kiddies' game. I understand the need for a Dark-Type boss because it's a new type and all but... Why Karen? At least she has some pretty awesome Pokemon! I mean, Houndoom AND Umbreon. And Murkrow. And all of the other GSE Dark types. And Gengar. I don't Kare what yuou think (aha!) but I'm not a Karen fan. I usually forget her when naming off the Elite Four (and I name them a lot!).

47. Bruno - The fighting Elite of Kanto
Before I get into this at all... I'm so glad that really tight spandex is uncommon in Pokemon. It's pretty much limited to Dragon and Bird Tamers.

Now for the man at hand. Bruno the Elite Four. You made it into two games! Grats! But you've always been made easy work of. What with your Onices and your lame Fighting-types. Plus you've really not had much of a personality (but that's pretty standard round these parts).

46. Whitney - The Normal girl from Johto
Oh gawsh... Whiteney. THere is one word to describe her and it isn't to be used on these forums. One reason why she got up here is the aforementioned. BUT the thing that doesn't make her a last-place runner is her personality. It exists! She's a character if there ever was one: a farmer girl from Johto. She was given appropriate typing and appropriate Pokemon. Plus she gives you access to the biggest troll in Pokemon history: Sudowoodo. Too bad she's another American stereotype. (Remember, all stereotypes are bad and falso!)

I'm only doing four this post; my poor little netbook is having trouble with this forum post. For whatever reason.. Moar laters!

~A haiku

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To be perfecteclty honest I forget each gym leader from one gen to the next, except brock, misty and flannery. Why? I have no idea...

Any way, keep up the sweet work.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Where the hell is Morty from GSC and HGSS? his gym sucked balls in both series and he didn't even use misdreavus, which was the only ghost pokemon released in gen 2, in either games!

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

....Did you have to revive this just to say that? You've got to be kidding me... But since this is alive, I'd like to say that I'd be grateful if leo resumed this. It was good when it was first alive.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

whoops... Not my brightest moment. I caught the twelfth and immediately though it was posted yesterday. If this doesn't get continued, I'd be glad to pick it up.

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright guys I'm back. B-Mac, don't touch my topic. This netbook has issues with forum-posting though! Jeez!

45. Flannery - the Red-Hot Gym Leader of Hoenn
I don't mind Flannery too much. In actuality, I think she's kind of cool. The only problems with her... her Gym was frustra.ting as balls. Original design, but it was enough to piss most people off. BLEH. Her Pokemon weren't too impressive either and could have been more diverse. Torkoal and Camerupt. While both had pretty high HP, they lacked in power and were easily shot down by just a water-type. They could have done better with her, but I'm satisfied with their work.

44. Brendan - Wait, who's Brendan?
Oh yeah, Brendan, that one guy who fought you a couple times in Gen III. Yeah that guy - he gave you Fly. Seriously though, as far as rivals go, Brendan SUCKS. He was infinitely static. Not interesting at all. The only reason he made it this far is because I forgot about him. I say he goes below Maylene.

From now on I'm probably only going to be able to small bursts of ranks like this one. I'll make it somehow though!

~A haiku

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Alright guys I'm back. B-Mac, don't touch my topic. This netbook has issues with forum-posting though! Jeez!

I won't touch it now that you're continuing it.
I have my troubles with forums, too. My droid hates this site (I'm on my PC now, you'll know when I post on my droid)

Back on topic (somewhat):

Take your time, this is good stuff. I never played through RSE, and I frankly don't know much about the pokemon, the characters, and the region in general.

current party in HG:

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eh, don't worry. It's something I'm surprised that I didn't do yet. And apparently leo changed the name of the thread, so who knows?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]