It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 am

Forum rules


ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA
Image



Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Frost's Unova Rankings (100-91): Walk Like a Unovan 

Which top 100 is superior?
IGN's because Frost's is too gay 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Frost's because IGN's is too predictable 80%  80%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 40

 Frost's Unova Rankings (100-91): Walk Like a Unovan 
Author Message
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 227
Location: If I told you, you'd have to kill me.
I.........LOVE...........THIS..........TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL OLO LOL LOL LOL
so funny, i love this countdown
never, ever stop, ever
i am sad that ho-oh left so soon though :( , coz i love that rainbow with wings, even if it is weak against a tree(sudowoodo)
i can't wait to see where u put some of the best pokkemon in the game..............

i like bananas

The Amber Mine

_________________
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27427
--The Island--
--Crush--
Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...


Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:58 am
Posts: 12
Location: Diglett Cave.
Epic thread is epic.

_________________
So, I herd u liek centered things.


Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:09 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Actually, I liked Drowzee all along. I can't quite describe why, but back in my first Pokemon game, which was Yellow, I caught every new Pokemon I saw, used each for a bit, before discarding most of them. Drowzee was the only one who stuck, and followed my team all the way. So I guess I can be counted as a bit of an exception =p

_________________
ImageImage


Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 am
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
More of the same.

Update Title: "The Snoopy Dance," referring to #284.

290. Illumise Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 314)
So I'm sure everybody was wondering what happened to Illumise because Volbeat was eliminated some time ago. Well, I freely admit to being a sexist bastard and preferring feminine Pokemon to their male counterparts, as Illumise is cuter and more outgoing, fun and purple-colored than Volbeat's grumpyface. She was also the second of two Hoenn forum icons that I created (and that darkmind later cleaned up a bit... icon love childrens! <3), so she gets points for that too. In the anime, there was some episode about Volbeat being Illumise's bitch, just like in the games, but it was pretty forgettable episode other than Ash crossdressing and the bizarre pronunciation of Illumise's name. In the games Illumise actually sucks badly, even worse than Volbeat because she doesn't get Tail Glow, but at least they gave her the awesome ability Tinted Lens in Generation IV while Volbeat is stuck with the craptacular Illuminate for its second ability. (Speaking of Illuminate, I need to reiterate that these guys should have been Bug/Electric, but we all know Gamefreak hates Bug-types, so meh.) The best thing about Illumise, though? Her 60's flip wig-inspired hair, duh:

Image

289. Taillow Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 276)
Taillow is the archetypal "early game Normal/Flying bird" for the Hoenn Region and, surprisingly, I like it MORE than any of its predecessors. This is because Pidgey, Spearow and Hoothoot all have neutral, bland colors, like tan and brown, while Taillow has more vibrant blues and reds, making it more visually appealing. However, the trade off is that Taillow had a pretty awful sprite in Ruby and Sapphire, looking like a squawking harpy with a broken back; as such, it was one of many Hoenn Pokemon that looked so much better in Generation IV. Like every other early game bird except Spearow, Taillow was on Ash's team in the Hoenn anime, where people said it had an annoying voice even though it sounded pretty typical of a bird-based Pokemon to me. It evolved into the badass Swellow, who was one of Ash's tougher Pokemon and is one of the tougher early-bird evolutions in general, which raises Taillow's stock simultaneously. It's a cool bird without that same feeling of "this thing is too common" that the others have, but it's not mindblowing or anything.

288. Stantler Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 234)
This update's running theme is one-stage Normal-type Johto Pokemon, as Stantler is the first of three and the most low-key. Indeed, it's just some deer-based Pokemon who appears in two Routes mid-GSC and doesn't have anything to remain a powerhouse later in the game, unlike Miltank who is found on the very next Route. However, as far as deer designs are considered, Stantler fills the role well, although it does tend to have a smug look on its face that isn't very cute. Stantler's most memorable appearance to date was in the Johto episode "Little Big Horn," in which Brock befriends an adorable baby Stantler and nearly captures it before deciding to set it free. While it was a great episode and Brock's decision was true to his character, when we compare Stantler to the only other Johto Pokemon Brock caught (Pineco), both Stantler and the viewers were robbed by this development. I also wish they had done something when they introduced gender differences because female deer aren't supposed to have antlers, and I don't get why Stantler is placed so high in the National Dex. You usually expect Pokemon near the Legendaries to actually be GOOD, but Stantler is a pretty overshadowed battling Pokemon. It has a neat design, but when was the last time you saw a Stantler outside of a Christmas-themed team? Exactly.

287. Vibrava Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 329)
Due to the WTFness of Trapinch, Vibrava is an atypical middle evolution. I still remember looking through the new Hoenn Pokemon for the first time and totally thinking that Vibrava and Flygon were their own two-stage family while Trapinch was some reject gimmick Pokemon. So as a transition Pokemon, Vibrava doesn't really connect Trapinch and Flygon at all, but that's okay because Trapinch sucks. Vibrava has a nice design with great contrast of colors, although the wings could be less blocky, and works well with Flygon. I remember getting kind of fed up in-game though because its stats were a little on the meh side and it evolved into Flygon at such a late level. And, as I'm sure I've stated many times before, Vibrava's type really pisses me off. It's a dragonfly, so... WHY EXACTLY IS IT DRAGON/GROUND-TYPE INSTEAD OF DRAGON/BUG-TYPE? Oh, yeah, GameFreak hates the Bug-type in general, I forgot. Rather than continuing to harp on a point that the fandom unanimously agrees on, I'll just conclude by saying Vibrava is cute, has some consistently cool artwork in the TCG, and is definitely one of the better Dragon-types, but it doesn't exactly blow me away.

286. Kabutops Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 141)
So here's my question: why is it okay for RBY to have TWO Pokemon with scythes for arms, but when any later Generation adds a Pokemon with ANY kind of superficial similarity to a Kanto Pokemon, it gets derided as "a ripoff"? Using that logic, Scyther and Kabutops are ripoffs of each other even though they're not even remotely similar outside of the scythes, just like the only thing that, say, Gear has in common with Magnemite is that they're small metal objects. Anyway, I obviously prefer Kabutops over Scyther, since it has a more menacing design and it's among the cooler designs for the otherwise bland Rock-type. But as I said in my last update, my Kanto Fossil of choice was the Helix Fossil and therefore I never had as much of a connection with Kabutops, to the point that was Kanto Pokemon that I owned the smallest percentage of TCG cards for until only recently. Also, until Generation III, it was kind of a terrible battler with a limited movepool and awful typing. I was always kind of amused that Kabuto and Kabutops could learn the Grass-type draining moves though. It's definitely my favorite of the "other" Fossil final evolutions however.

285. Aggron Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 306)
At first I liked Aggron, then I hated it, and now I like it again. I used Aggron on my first team on Psypoke's Ruby and Sapphire bots; the team was based on X-Men, and I picked Aggron for Wolverine because it looks tough, rabid and powerful. Then, like Flygon and Gardevoir, an influx of Aggron fantards lowered my opinion of the Pokemon, but these days Aggron doesn't have many obnoxious fans and I like it again. On a superficial level, it is a bit like Hoenn's answer to Rhydon, as Rhydon and Aggron are both bipedal rock monsters with similar pre-evolutions, but there's enough of a difference between the two that they shouldn't be compared outside of generics. However, Aggron is a bit of a letdown in battle due to its horrible typing that provides 4x weaknesses to two of the most common attack types. Personally, I would have liked to see Aggron's design modified a bit and have him serve as Hoenn's Pseudo Legendary rather than the lame Dragonite rehash that was Salamence. With a few aesthetic and statistic adjustments, Aggron easily could have been an awesome Dragon/Rock-type; instead, it's just a cool enough Rock/Steel-type who wishes it had a better typing and stats.

284. Smeargle Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 235)
So with a Pokemon version of Mystique in the form of Ditto, it was only a matter of time before we got a Pokemon version of Rogue. We didn't have to wait long, because GameFreak granted us the gimmick Pokemon known as Smeargle, who can learn almost every single move in existence, in the very next games. Despite my previous comparison to Rogue from the X-Men series, Smeargle has just as much in common with Relm from Final Fantasy VI due to his trademark technique, Sketch, that allows him to use the powers of his opponent, and in Smeargle's case permanently copying them to his moveset. While it is a gimmick Pokemon with subpar stats through and through, Smeargle's sheer versatility makes it much more potent than a Ditto or Unown, since having access to almost any move can make for some lethal combinations. While Smeargle is actually a pretty good design and it makes fellow beagle Snoopy proud (wouldn't you like to see Smeargle do the Snoopy dance?), being able to learn every single move makes Smeargle feel less like a distinct "Pokemon" and more like some sort of Swiss army knife mutant, so that doesn't help its placement. Also, why did they plop it in the middle of the Ruins of Alph of all places in GSC?

283. Ariados Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 165)
Like Hoothoot, Ariados' family were some of the Pokemon designed with the intention to show off the day and night feature early into Generation II's games. I guess having spiders as nocturnal creatures works well enough, even though I personally see plenty of spiders around during the daytime too. Although that's really kind of nitpicking in the first place because Ariados is not actually a true spider due to it having only six legs rather than eight. Anyway, even though I was a Silver player first and foremost, Ariados is one of the very few cases where I prefer the OTHER version exclusive Pokemon, as Ariados' design is fine but a bit lacking. I mean, even though arachnophobia is common, Araidos just doesn't have any of that spider "fear factor" and that's why I'd like to see it evolve into something scarier, like a tarantula or a black widow, even though Ariados is a typical crappy early-game Bug and therefore it would never happen. In addition to association with the awesome family of Koga, Aya and Janine throughout the canons, Ariados also has a trademark move in Spider Web but unfortunately it's too lame in battle to utilize it. Meh. In short, I like it but it could have been better.

282. Girafarig Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 203)
A lot of Johto's single stage Pokemon are pretty bland and forgettable and Girafarig fits the bill so well that the anime claimed it had "a tale that bites." It has a gimmicky typing that grants it a Ghost-type immunity while being a Psychic-type, but just look at Girafarig's design for a second. There's nothing particularly "Psychic" about either half; the back-end looks evil, with crazy eyes and fangs, and the front-end is obviously the source for the Normal-typing. If they wanted to do a Pokemon with two separate entities, they really should have made it Normal (or Psychic) and Dark to properly contrast the good and evil sides. While Girafarig is a cute enough giraffe design, it's another one of those Pokemon that just doesn't look as though its reached its potential, and I'd really love to see this guy evolve into a Psychic/Dark or Normal/Dark qilin in my own pipe dreams. As it stands now, its stats are just a bit too mediocre and its typing isn't that great, even if it WAS the first dual-type Normal Pokemon that wasn't a bird. At least I have good memories of using Girafarig as my Baton Passer of choice in a Baton Pass gimmick team back in the days of the GS bots. Also, picture related:

Image

I completely agree, Ash.

281. Arbok Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 24)
You all know damn well I'm going to mention that Arbok was Jessie's main Pokemon in the anime; to anybody who started watching the anime before the Pokemon Advance era, Jessie and Arbok are nearly as synonymous as Ash and Pikachu. While Jessie's Arbok doesn't have much in way of personality, it does have a cool voice and longevity on its side. Hell, it's only been around for one episode less than Pikachu, since Jessie's Arbok later went and evolved into Seviper, who is still on the show today! Just kidding, but you know I had to mention that infamous fiasco. Something about Arbok's design is just kind of lacking "wow" factor to me, though, whereas Seviper is far more legitimately badass. I think the problem is that Arbok is supposed to be a vicious cobra yet its stats in the games are tragic, and it doesn't help that its markings look way more goofy than scary in its earlier sprites (you also gotta love the ridges that appear in the Gen I backsprite and then never again). Speaking of markings, I really wish they would actually CHANGE between each game to support the theory that Arbok's markings vary across regions. What's up with that, Gamefreak? Arbok mainly gets points for nostalgia and being my favorite anime character's main Pokemon.

Bonus Entry:
280. Seadra Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 117)
Seadra is FireStarter's favorite Pokemon and, since my friends tend to influence my own opinions about Pokemon, I do feel a little guilty eliminating it so soon. Therefore, it is also the first of the admin mascot Pokemon to be eliminated as well. In battle, Seadra was the worst Water-type in RBY after Seaking, with an absolutely hideous movepool and a pure Water-typing even though the word DRAGON is in the Pokemon's freaking name in both English AND Japanese. Robbed. Therefore, Gamefreak understandably gave Seadra a new evolution, and I've already made my feelings known about that can opener. Thus, Seadra is a non-typical middle evolution, which is understandable because it didn't start out as one, in that it's the "cool" member of its family because Kingdra doesn't live up to its pre-evolution's badassery. Seadra is a decently cool Pokemon, what with those thorny body and angry face, and there's not much wrong with it; I just like other Pokemon more. Its only achilles heel is the horrible anime voice, which is now fresh in my memory because I recently watched the Gym Battle with Cissy and her horrible "DOO DOO"-spouting Seadra. The only thing that's "DOO DOO" about this Pokemon is that voice.

The next update will have eleven Pokemon yet again. Highlight to view spoiler.
-The most popular Pokemon ever. OMG!1!
-An early game Normal-type.
-An alternate form with a different type than the base form.
-A middle evolution of a Starter.
-Flying-type slaughter all around.

5 Kanto, 2 Johto, 1 Hoenn and 3 Sinnoh.

_________________


Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:48 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 pm
Posts: 103
Location: If I wanted you to know, then I would tell you!
I'm guessing the alternate form is Shaymin, seeing as it's typing changes
For the most popular pokemon ever... Something tells me it's {mudkip}?

Anyway, Frost, you're awesome. Hilarious and I can't wait for the next update!

_________________
Anger {wobbuffet}, initiate death.
Love {wobbuffet}, initiate instant awesome.
Kill {wobbuffet}, initiate brutal murder from me...
Image


Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:03 am
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
I think I've been making these things too long recently, plus the bonus entry is REALLY long since it's a special Pokemon, so for these entries I'm going to try to cut down on the length a bit. Anyway, at the end of this entry, one-third of the Pokemon in Brawl will be eliminated. Which four of Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle and Lucario will live to see another day??? :O

Update Title: "The Fonz," referring to #269.

279. Staryu Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 120)
Strangely, despite not having a face, I still like Staryu. Most notably, I guess, is that Misty's Staryu was around for about 270 episodes in the anime but, since Misty is useless and never battles much, the only noteworthy thing about him was that awesome "HYAH!" voice, which is the reason why I consider Staryu male even though it's genderless. I never understood why the writers had Misty keep Staryu and leave Starmie with her sisters instead of the opposite though. Staryu was another one of those "haymaker" Pokemon in the early TCG because it could do 20 damage on turn one, too. Base Staryu was one of the first cards that I owned in real-life and you always start with them in TCG GB, so I do have fond memories of that card. I guess I mostly like Staryu because I like Starmie, but Staryu is a cool starfish design in its own right.

278. Shiftry Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 275)
Even though I was a Sapphire player, I really enjoy how Shiftry and Ludicolo compliment each other as dual Grass-type families that are based on Japanese folklore. In Shiftry's case, it is a tengu, which is brilliantly conveyed with its typing and design. The defining characteristic of the tengu is the long nose, which is evident in Shiftry's design, but they have also been portrayed as forest demons, which explains Shiftry's Grass/Dark-typing. While Shiftry isn't my usual cup of tea because it's not cute and/or happy, it manages to balance "cool" and "sinister" without being obnoxious like so many worse Dark-type Pokemon, and it definitely has the most appealing appearance out of its family members, although my personal preference is Ludicolo. It doesn't have much more to strike a chord with me in the games, anime or TCG, so it goes out here, but I do appreciate the folklore that brings to the series and would like to use it in Diamond.

277. Rattata Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 19)
Even though common Pokemon are usually penalized in my rankings for making me feel too blah, Rattata is a special case because it was the first Pokemon that I ever caught. As a neglected Pokemon fan, I always liked using Rattata and its evolution in-game because they weren't that bad, especially compared to counterparts Pidgey or Sentret, and they got Hyper Fang and Super Fang! Rattata is a cute little guy, especially in its TCG artwork in the Team Rocket set, which was one of my early favorite TCG pictures and revealed Atsuko Nishida's awesomeness to me at an early age; it's also useful in TCG GB as a haymaker, despite the bad HP. My one complaint about Rattata, other than how it's a whore in both Kanto AND Johto, is that it has inconsistent coloring. In the early days it was a pale brown, and since then it's alternated between pale purple and bold purple as if the designers can't settle on a color.

276. Poliwag Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 60)
Poliwag is a typical first stage that's cute enough and lays the groundwork for its evolutions. But I also get a little bored with the pouty lips and puppy dog eyes that it has in every in-game sprite or piece of stock art, and that's why I'm glad we have the anime (ignore the demons circling around Poliwag) and TCG so that Pokemon aren't locked into the same facial expression forever (which is good news for Mijumaru, by the way). Poliwag's standout episode was "The Stun Spore Detour," in which a cute little wild Poliwag helped Mistycuntress and James collect some weeds to heal their friends and, unfortunately for him, Misty caught him at the end of the episode. Poliwag is a nice Pokemon but it's a little bland with bland evolutions until Generation II, so it's not an all-time favorite. Seriously, how interesting is a Pokemon if its most notable trivia is that its spiral reverses after evolving?

275. Honchkrow Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 430)
When I was first looking at the new DP Pokemon and saw Honchkrow, I liked that they finally gave Murkrow an evolution because it needed one, but at the same time it seemed like so much... less useful than unnecessary new evolutions like Electivire and Rhyperior. However, when I finally used Honchkrow in Diamond a few months ago, it was fun beating up AI opponents with Super Luck/STAB Night Slash hax. (Side note: Honchkrow is a rare version exclusive from my preferred game that I like less than its counterpart, but don't hold that against it.) Even though it IS a bit random for a crow-based Pokemon, they went in a Mafia boss/pimp direction with Honchkrow's design, and that's cool because it gives the Pokemon some attitude and they didn't miss the opportunity to give one to Giovanni in HGSS. Since I only used Honchkrow in my game AFTER I finished this list, I expect it to ascend when I redo these rankings after Generation V, as it's definitely one of the cooler Dark-types.

274. Ivysaur Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 2)
Ivysaur is a pretty middle-of-the-road Pokemon. It's not quite the asshole that Charmeleon is, but it's not as cool as Wartortle, and it's not as cute as Bulbasaur but it's also not as fat as Venusaur. Ivysaur also got some notability for being one of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon in Brawl and all I can say is... eh. Charizard was obviously the lock for the final evolution but I rather would have seen Ivysaur and Squirtle switch evolutionary stages because Ivysaur is nice but a bit bland compared to either Bulbasaur or Wartortle. It also never got much of a chance to shine in the anime because Ash's Bulbasaur was a badass who refused to evolve and May's Bulbasaur went from first to final stage offscreen. Fail. While Ivysaur isn't bowling me over with its notability, it's cute (but not exceptionally cute) and it does a good job at bridging Bulbasaur and Venusaur thanks to the rosebud on its back. A decent middle stage.

273. Sky Shaymin Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 492)
Shaymin, while adorable, wasn't exactly a powerhouse in DP. Realizing they didn't make Shaymin special enough to be labeled a Legendary, Gamefreak invented a new Shaymin form for Platinum that, unsurprisingly, trades in cuteness for being a wannabe badass. Sky Shaymin, or Skymin as I've always called it, is just an odd entity. It's a flying reindeer form of a GRASS HEDGEHOG; now, I know that Pokemon has lapses in real-world logic all the time, but... HUH? Anyway, Skymin is kind of cute but I'd it more if it didn't have the permanently pissed off Nicole Kidman eyebrows or if it weren't a ringing declaration of GameFreak's insanity. I still can't believe that they thought giving Air Slash and Seed Flare to a Pokemon with base 127 Special Attack/Speed and SERENE GRACE was a good idea. Needless to say, Skymin is broken and less cute than the original, but at least its creation brought a lot of new toys for Land Shaymin, like Air Slash and Earth Power. Therefore, Skymin is alright but still a little unnecessary and strange.

272. Sunkern Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 191)
Poor little Sunkern. Because I used to hate Sunflora, I never really liked Sunkern either because, in addition to evolving into Sunflora, it was, y'know, the Pokemon with the lowest overall stats in the game and whatnot. I guess Sunkern's stats are somewhat justified because it's a seed and therefore it hasn't reached any of its potential yet but... did they really have to screw it over harder than MAGIKARP or any number of Baby Pokemon who evolve into stronger Pokemon than Sunflora? I first started to like Sunkern when I bought my first Neo Genesis booster pack and saw this cute little guy, rather than the zombie seed in GSC. While Sunkern got cuter and cuter with each sprite and my Sunflora hatred died out, it's unfortunately a forgotten Pokemon who hasn't gotten many chances to stand out in the games, anime OR TCG. Don't cry Sunkern, I still like you. :(

271. Hippopotas Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 449)
Even though Slowpoke was vaguely hippo-based, Hippopotas was a welcome addition in Generation IV because it was a fresh idea and it actually has an appropriate typing since hippos cover themselves in mud. However, if I recall correctly, it was stupidly hard to find in DP unless you captured some Unown (rofl) to trigger the Ruin Maniac to dig further into his cave, plus Hippowdon's design doesn't do a whole lot for me as previously explained, so I never got around to catching the little guy in Diamond. All things considered, it's a pretty cute hippo design with some nice camouflage-like mud patterns and an obliviously adorable facial expressions, especially its "cannot be unseen" face. I just wish it had a less clunky name because... really? It's about as smooth as Regigigigigigigas.

270. Crobat Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 169)
Because Golbat was Generation I's WORST fully-evolved Pokemon, Crobat was definitely the most warranted new evolution in GSC. Even though it has some hideous hillbilly teeth that are not suitable for a bat AT ALL, Crobat is definitely the coolest design of its family; it looks sleeker and faster, which is definitely appropriate for a bat, and even gets a hilariously fabulouth pink Shiny form. Despite being worlds better than Golbat, Crobat was kind of weak in Generation II, but it improved with movepool additions in each Generation and now it's even a solid fighter. Brock also ended up getting one in the anime despite his Zubat being one of the most neglected Pokemon EVER, and I definitely appreciated seeing the poor thing evolving twice. And did I mention that my opinion about Crobat isn't BLUNTED INTO NEUTRALITY FROM IT APPEARING IN EVERY SINGLE CAVE EVER? It could use better TCG artwork though, as I only really like one.

Bonus Entry:

269. Charizard Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 6)
Many times, a long-running franchise gets a breakout character who eclipses everybody else in popularity, even the original main character(s). In Happy Days, it was Fonzie. In Power Rangers, it was Tommy the Green Ranger. In X-Men, it was Wolverine. In the Pokemon series, it is Charizard. Even more than Pikachu, Charizard is the one Pokemon who attract swarms of stampeding children who gush about how it's the BEST THING EVER OMG!!!! As such, it is really hard to accurately judge Charizard. On one hand, yes, Charizard is cool for what it is. On the other hand... why do little kids and the general public think THIS Pokemon in particular is the best one ever? There are plenty of other Starter, Fire and Dragon-like Pokemon out there. Is it because Charizard all three?

Despite its status as God to the fantards, I have some good memories associated with Charizard myself. Even though I picked Charmander only because it looked the least lame in Red/Blue, Charizard was my first Starter ever and you bet your sweet life that mine probably had some awful moveset like Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower and Fire Blast. Charizard was also the only one of my Kanto Starters who I would let evolve in Yellow back when I thought it was so cool to emulate Ash's team to the letter. And, naturally, I used Charizard in my first playthrough of LeafGreen since it was only appropriate for a remake. In the games alone, I'm puzzled by Charizard's popularity. Fire was the "hard" difficulty type in Generation I and yet everybody picked Charizard anyway. Why? It didn't even become that good in battle until Generation II and after, when it can pull off the Bellyzard set or at least when it can do more than STAB attacks. It's a decent battler but nothing great.

And, of course, if you were alive and conscious of the general public in 1999, you know damn well how crazy EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD was about getting a freaking Charizard card back then. Base Set Charizard's infamy was truly the biggest sign that the Pokemon franchise had become a phenomenon, as people were Tickle Me Elmo-level stupid about getting their hands on this card. The funniest thing is that the card was easily the worst of the three Starter cards in Base Set, but kids didn't care; it was CHARIZARD and it had OMG 120 HP (which is not special in the TCG these days at ALL but back then Charizard and Chansey were the only two) and it could do OMG 100 DAMAGE TO KILL ANYTHING even though Charizard would be left completely vulnerable afterward. But I won't even lie: yes, when I got a Base Set Charizard card in a booster pack back in September 1999, I jumped around my bedroom like a crackhead and slept with the thing in a toploader under my pillow for like an entire weekend.

And then there's also the anime in which Ash's Charizard was basically a gigantic asshole for 50+ episodes because Ash reeked of n00b and Charizard wasn't having it. Eventually he came around, but Ash naturally couldn't have such a powerhouse under his command back in those days without the universe collapsing, so the writers shipped Charizard's ass off to the Charicific Valley and made the chillrun drown in their own tears. Charizard frequently wins popularity polls to this day, including most popular Kanto Starter, Starter in general or even Pokemon in general; in fact, I bet HGSS was the ONLY reason why Charizard did not win Psypoke Idol 2 last year, much to the relief of the staff because Charizard winning a popularity contest is about as predictable as a cat meowing. While Charizard is cool enough, nothing about it in any of the franchise's canons really cements to me why it's our "Fonzie." It's basically a typical overrated entity. There's some coolness there to support why it's overrated in the first place, but not enough to support why the kiddies idolize it. Thus, it goes out here.

In the next update: a dozen Pokemon are eliminated, and the bottom half of my list is completed in the process. Highlight to view spoiler.
-A duo that people probably expected to see eliminated a LONG time ago.
-Another early-game Pokemon, alternate form, and middle Starter evolution.
-All of the remaining Hoenn Pokemon from a specific type are eliminated.

2 Kanto, 3 Johto, 5 Hoenn, 2 Sinnoh.

_________________


Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:29 pm
Profile
Art Commentator
Art Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 2467
Location: London, UK
Frost wrote:
and even gets a hilariously fabulouth pink Shiny form.

I actually used a shiny Crobat on one of my FR squads. ¦3

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Kentucky
As I may of posted before a Shiny Rattata was my 1st shiny of my Soul Silver (Caught in the Burned Tower, thats about... 2 hours of playing!) so for your inconsistancy issue with Rattata's color try the shiny!

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:46 am
Posts: 1549
Ivysaur is like the most awesome starter middle evolution of the lot. kthxbai

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Kentucky
EvilPenguin wrote:
Ivysaur is like the most awesome starter middle evolution of the lot. kthxbai

Personally I prefer Quilava, then again the whole family is my favorite (untill they make a Wolf starter)

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
RIP Charizard, Ivysaur.....
lol but I see your point about charizard... there's not much point to him being popular, and yet he is. I picked squirtle over charmander when i played FR (never played RBY) mostly because i always thought it was cooler to have a turtle with guns than a dragon.
i lol'd at the pink crobat animation.

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 733
Location: Toronto
Kagemaru Himeno's Poliwag art is so cute!

_________________
And what it all comes down to
is that everything's gonna be quite alright


Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 pm
Posts: 103
Location: If I wanted you to know, then I would tell you!
darn...My guesses were close though, as I said Shaymin...
However, I didn't think that Charizard was very cool. I mean, the shiny is the best out of the Kanto starters, but other than that, it kinda meh for me. Maybe Im just being ignorant.

_________________
Anger {wobbuffet}, initiate death.
Love {wobbuffet}, initiate instant awesome.
Kill {wobbuffet}, initiate brutal murder from me...
Image


Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 pm
Posts: 386
Location: Confidential for specific reasons...
On with the next one! Let's see who rounds out the bottom half!

I am going to guess that after this half, you'll be in 7/10 land?

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

_________________
It's great to complete a Pokedex! So I'll need some help...

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge


Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
We've been in 7/10 for many updates now.

Update Title: "Wonder Twins, Activate!," referring to #266 and #267.

268. Starly Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 396)
Yes, out of all five early-game bird Pokemon (and six if you include Mamepato from BW), Starly is my very favorite, so people who think that I'm always biased in favor of Kanto Pokemon are formally invited to suck it. Like Taillow, Starly's design is more appealing than Pidgey or Spearow, thanks in part to the nice contrast between the blacks, whites and grays rather than the boring browns and tans on their older counterparts. It's also probably the least common bird on the overworld, with Staravia taking the brunt of the "GRR IT'S COMMON AND BROKE MY CHAINS" wrath for the family, and it definitely evolves into the most asskicking final evolution out of all of the early-game birds. So I really don't get why people bitch about Starly for being "weak" or "common" or "stupid" because it's none of the above. Starly's design isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but it brings the most flair to its archetype, it's the series' only starling Pokemon, and it was used on my very first in-game team in Diamond, so I have plenty of good thoughts for the little guy.

267. Minun Image and 266. Plusle Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 312 and 311)
I'm sure everybody was wondering why these guys hadn't shown up sooner. To put it nicely, Plusle and Minun are probably two of the least popular Hoenn Pokemon, due to their similarities to both one another and with Pikachu, as they were introduced as a duo to show off double battles in Generation III. I never liked them much myself, as they seemed like nothing but pathetic Pikachu clones who really sucked in battle, so I GET the criticisms here. However, last year I started to do a 180 on these guys and it brought them this high up into the rankings. Getting into the TCG was one factor, as I really enjoy how the artists always do creative things to demonstrate the relationship between the two, such as having them in the same scene but showing them from different angles, or having artwork that comes together to form one complete picture. The greatest instance of this was the completely awesome "Pikapuff Girls" piece recreated below (featuring an unrelated Pachirisu):

Image

Special thanks goes to R_R who gave me the Minun card when we met up last year. The meeting was also important for changing my opinion about Plusle and Minun because I met Datvu on that trip and he's just about the only fan of Plusle and Minun that comes to mind. As I've said before, the opinions of my friends have an influence on my own opinions, and Plusle and Minun's stock increased due to DatVu, himself an identical twin, liking them. And, really, if you can get past the fact that Pikaplus and Pikaminus, as I used to call them back in the day, look so similar to Pikachu, they're really pretty cute, although I'm not going to pretend for even a second that they're worth a damn in battles. It's only natural that they placed next to each other, but I like Plusle a little bit more because the "plus" aspects of its design, such as the plus-shaped tail, look better than the corresponding parts on Minun. It's a bit odd that I prefer Plusle, really, because I like blue more than red, but oh well.

265. Flaaffy Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 180)
Flaaffy was probably the very first instance of "Middle Evolution Syndrome" that I ever noticed. I mean, Mareep is super adorable and Ampharos kicks ass (while still being adorable), and Flaaffy is... a frumpy, pink version of Mareep who looks more like somebody's grandma than something actually cute. And while I dislike its random pink coloring when the rest of the family is mainly yellow, Flaaffy does a pretty good job at bridging Mareep and Ampharos. Like Mareep, it's still visibly a sheep with wool, yet Ampharos' striped tail and ears have snuck in there too. And, unlike a lot of middle evolutions, Flaaffy can actually pull off cuteness, especially when the better TCG artists draw it. Despite being the Pokemon that brought MES to my attention, I do like Flaaffy on its own and because it has an awesome family that I've used a lot in the games.

264. Quilava Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 156)
Blah blah blah middle evolutions blah. Quilava actually isn't a bad design at all and, like Flaaffy, does a good job of connecting Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, while thankfully retaining Cyndaquil's cuteness rather than looking awkward. One pointless factoid that I find interesting about Quilava is that it's one of the few Pokemon who has been portrayed as capable of both bipedalism and quadrupedalism, but that's pretty dorky so I won't continue talking about it. Quilava's GS sprites were, quite simply, horrible, so I didn't start to like Quilava until Generation III, in which the improved color palettes really made Quilava look much more colorful and cute. Looking cute and being a nice connection between its first and final forms is all I can ask from most middle stages, and Quilava fills both criteria. Also, apparently (highlight for spoiler)
Ash's Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava in one of the most recent episodes of the anime. They're only about eight freaking years late with that development, so good job, anime writers.

263. Paras Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 46)
Paras is most known for that infamous filler episode "The Problem with Paras," in which Paras was portrayed as a complete and total wuss who sucked in battle. Despite this, I liked the Pokemon because it had cute googly eyes and managed to beat Ash's asshole Charmeleon all by itself, which was awesome. Back in my days of loving neglected Pokemon, Parasect was the favorite Pokemon of both my Internet BFF and the girl who started the NPLU web site, so I had a lot of appreciation for Paras as a result. I also liked that Paras was available at Level 5 in both GSC AND FRLG, since I didn't have breed for a lower-level Paras because of my OCD to train Pokemon from the lowest level. I've trained Paras on many teams over the years, including regular files, mono-Grass teams, neglected Pokemon teams and more. It's not a great battler, but it's one of Kanto's more creative designs as a Grass/Bug-type parasite, plus it's an underappreciated and cute little guy, so I like it.

262. Glalie Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 362)
When I first saw Glalie, I checked its stats and thought "Wow, it has base 80 in everything! That's pretty good!" In reality, base 80 IS pretty good, but only when used for a Pokemon's secondary stats; base 80 in everything, however, SUCKS, especially because Glalie debuted in the same games as the EV system and has a horrible pure Ice-typing. To be fair, Glalie's basis as a frozen rock would be more suited for an Ice/Rock-type, so the Pokemon could have been even WORSE in battle than it already IS if they went in that direction. Glalie actually has a pretty cool design in a "Satan's hockey mask" sort of way, and Ash's Glalie in the anime was a great fit for the oddball sixth Pokemon slot, but it's such a clunker in battle (and evolves way too freaking late) that it's hard to get excited about the thing. After awesome Froslass came along, they really should have bit the bullet and changed Glalie to a male-only Ice/Rock-type as well, since Glalie does not look feminine at ALL. It's a pretty good Pokemon but it could be so. much. better.

261. Walrein Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 365)
As Hoenn's other fully evolved non-Legendary Ice-type, Walrein goes out right after Glalie. Walrein's pre-evolutions are basically the Hoenn versions of Seel and Dewgong, but Walrein is more original and breaks away from those comparisons since there's no Dewgong evolution; therefore, it is the main reason why I would never want to see Dewgong evolve, as Walrein is freakish and scary compared to its adorable pre-evolutions. Sure, it's a pretty decent walrus design and it's more comparable to Lapras than Dewgong in battle, although it does share Dewgong's 8x-resistance to Ice (lol). Yet at the same time it has two giant YELLOW tusks (ew) and a frizzy mane of hair that makes Walrein resemble a clown from hell. (Glalie was "Satan's Hockey Mask," so I dub Walrein "Satan's Death Clown.") Despite this, I do like Walrein's comparative usefulness in battle and became a fan due to its happier Generation IV sprite, whereas it previously only looked angry or stupid in the games, anime or TCG. A decent Pokemon, but I'm glad it evolves from Sealeo rather than Dewgong.

260. Fan Rotom Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 479)
I remember when the silhouettes for the new Rotom forms were revealed back in 2008, I was convinced that Fan Rotom's silhouette was a Sandstorm Castform. Of course, the actual Pokemon was nothing like that, but it's still the comfortable midpoint of the five new appliance Rotom forms. While it does have the worst exclusive attack of the five Rotom, since Air Slash is freaking LAME compared to all of the other destructive moves like Blizzard and Leaf Storm, Fan Rotom's typing being just Ghost/Electric is probably the least irritating of the appliances since Ghost/Flying, Ghost/Electric and Flying/Electric-types all already existed before Platinum. Therefore, there's no wasted type potential in making a fan-based Pokemon the same combination as all the other Rotom. It's a pretty cute design for a fan Pokemon and looks more visually interesting than the Frost or Wash Rotom, but it's not quite as awesome as Heat or Mow Rotom. It probably should have had a white aura to reinforce the air aspect, though.

259. Growlithe Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 58)
Back in the day, Growlithe was one of my favorite Pokemon due to the episode "Holy Matrimony," in which it was revealed that James' first Pokemon was a Growlithe and it ended up saving him from his fiancee, likely due to Growlithe's basis: the shishi or guardian lion. James was my favorite character back then and "Holy Matrimony" was my favorite episode, so naturally my opinion of Growlithe was high, and it later got more screentime as Officer Jenny's signature Pokemon too. While it can be extremely cute in the anime, Pokemon Snap and the TCG, Growlithe does look a little scruffy and mean at times, like in its horrible DP sprite seen above. Over the years my Growlithe love has diminished a bit, since it only had that one great episode and was a version exclusive in none of my preferred versions (i.e. Red, Gold AND FireRed), plus I prefer its cuter counterpart, Vulpix. Growlithe's original beta name was "Flame" and, once again, I'm glad that changed it to what we have now. It's a good Pokemon with a lot of nostalgia for me, but I just like others more these days.

Bonus Entries:

258. Manectric Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 310)
Manectric was Generation III's most powerful new Electric-type but, when the competition is its own pre-evolution and the Pikatwins, that's not as impressive as it might sound. Unlike its green pre-evolution, Manectric does actually resemble a canine and displays itself as a competent fighter; thus, I did use it a lot in RS, though it retained the inappropriate Stevo nickname from its Electrike days. Considering Electrike was so close to Mauville City and it evolved into the only new Electric-type worth anything in battle, the game directors really botched up in RS by giving Wattson a bunch of Kanto Pokemon instead. Thankfully, the anime fixed this and Manectric has been portrayed as Wattson's main Pokemon ever since, showing that good things do indeed come from the show. Manectric is a bit outclassed in battle but, hey, how funny is it for an Electric dog to have Flamethrower? It's a cool Pokemon, getting some nice TCG artwork to support this, and there's not much bad to say about it, although its head does look too much like an arrowhead. I just like other Pokemon more.

257. Ursaring Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 217)
I have a slightly unusual history with Ursaring, as I played Japanese Silver and English Gold primarily; in the Japanese version of GS, Ursaring was Silver-exclusive while Donphan was Gold-exlusive, but Nintendo switched the two in the American versions. As a result, I always got Ursaring and never got Donphan, which was kind of annoying because Ursaring wasn't the one that was introduced first. I liked Ursaring's design because, in addition to having a cute pre-evolution and a ring on its belly to link to its name, it always looked sleepy and doofy in GS. Of course, it didn't really stay that way and Ursaring became GRR ANGRY in just about all of its appearances after GS, including in the anime where an angry Ursaring was the cause of "Forest Grumps," one of the best Johto fillers. Ursaring is a decent (though outclassed) battler and it's the series first bear-based Pokemon, so I like what he brings to the table, even if I'd prefer him to be less rabid. It's a good Pokemon, but not as great as its pre-evolution or counterpart. Still, you gotta love Ursaring chillin' in a hot spring.

_________________


Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
THE TOP 256:

Kanto (108)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Johto (60)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hoenn (46)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sinnoh (42)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Clue for the next update: Highlight to view spoiler.
-The very first Kanto Legendary appears.
-One member from two different Fossil families.
-Three Kanto Pokemon from the four "trade" families.
-The first two stages of a three-stage line.
-Maybe the first Legendary Beast, depending on update's length.

Not a single Hoenn Pokemon to be found and only one Sinnoh. Don't know how many I'll do in the next update but they're almost all Kanto and Johto.


So gaiz, who are you hoping to see eliminated next?

_________________


Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:17 am
Posts: 100
Location: Boise, Idaho
I've been anxiously awaiting {lickilicky}'s elimination, as I hate it. Compared to the absolutely adorable {lickitung}, {lickilicky} just looks ugly, and lacks all of the charm that its pre-evolution has. I've also never been a fan of {clefairy} (it's pre-evo and evolution are awesome however), because it's face is really ugly to me, especially in the sprites where it has those "fangs".

_________________
''I believe that humanity's goal should not be complete victory, but rather a certain demeanor, an attitude, towards fighting.''~~Treize Khush-Renada


Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
I know you very well, and I know for sure that the Pokemon I'd love to see eliminated (way back when you ranked your least favorite) won't be gone anytime soon. Those Pokemon are Chansey, Happiny, Blissey, Starmie, and...I guess that's it.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 442
Location: Space, the Final Fronteir
I really can't wait for Lickylicky's ultimate demise.

_________________
I'm back!


Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am
Posts: 30
i must disagree with frost on his rating of shedinja. yes, it fails in battle. yes, it's "super" ability fails. also, it lacks the moves to utilize it's 1 HP (fail nintendo) it is however A) the only ghost/bug pokemon (i love ghosts, bugs and waters) B) a pokemon whose design i like... inexplicably, but quite certainly and C) it is one of the few pokemon who i can truly call dead.

ps. i am not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the fact that trapinch evolves into dragonfly like thingies is because an adult antlion has wings and shape very similar to a damselfly, the helicoptering relative of the dragon fly

pps. i have a strange affection for dunsparce, it is just so complete seeming...(also it seems a bit like an oxymoron...it can hover but doesn't levitate, it has wings but burrows...very strange...should be a psuedo legend to break the "oh it's so cool super dragon" format for a change:P) (maybe a normal ghost type...)

ppps. the tentacles on dunsparce remind me of a particular and rather obscure amphibian, the caecilian (look it up)

_________________
Bug, ghost and water!


Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
Generation V mini-rankings that could change entirely once I actually play the games:

21. Hihidaruma -- looks crazy and angry, not my style at all.
20. Gochiruzeru -- too boring and bland for a gothic Pokemon.
19. Minezumi -- has none of the charm of Bidoof, looks like it wants to kill me.

Image Image Image

18. Giaru -- not bad, just too boring for my tastes.
17. Zekrom -- never like the version mascots that much, looks big and clunky.
16. Munna -- kind of cute but has a weird body shape and pose.

Image Image Image

15. Meguroko -- fine design for what it is, mostly like its unique typing.
14. Reshiram -- like it more than Zekrom since it'll be my version's mascot.
13. Mushaana -- better than Munna because it looks like less of a blob.

Image Image Image

12. Zoroark -- it's OK, but it feels too much like an attempt to recreate Lucario... and its face could shatter glass.
11. Koromori -- could have been my favorite new Pokemon, but then I saw its face.
10. Tsutaaja -- not the worst Starter ever but it's pretty low due to that smug look on its face.

Image Image Image

09. Mamepato -- it fills the "Early-game bird" archetype just fine and doesn't look much like Pidgey.
08. Mijumaru -- it's cute but I wish I could see it more without the :< face.
07. Shimama -- glad we have a zebra Pokemon finally, hope it has a good evolution.

Image Image Image

06. Rankurusu -- disappointed it's White-exclusive, it's huggy and cute.
05. Kibago -- looks like an improved version of Larvitar, hope it's the Pseudo Legendary for Isshu.
04. Wooguru -- awesome bird Pokemon; love the red, white and blue coloring for an eagle.

Image Image Image

03. Zoroa -- probably the cutest Dark-type so far, or at worst in the top two.
02. Pokabu -- it'll be the first Fire Starter I use in my first playthrough since Charmander.
01. Chiraamii -- cutest new Pokemon yet, hope it won't suck in battle but I'm not holding my breath.

Image Image Image

_________________


Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 pm
Posts: 386
Location: Confidential for specific reasons...
Can't help but wonder if this is stupid on my part or not, but I know I've heard the phrase Wonder Twins before, but I just can't place it...

Looking forward to the next half! And the Gen V rankings were a nice bonus!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

_________________
It's great to complete a Pokedex! So I'll need some help...

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge


Last edited by AEP: Master Trainer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 am
Posts: 67
Location: In Solid Snake's CardBoard Box
That pigeon THING is a complete disgrace to starly. I MEAN COMEON.

_________________
Image

BEAST MODE


#E3CF57 reference ;]


Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:06 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 227
Location: If I told you, you'd have to kill me.
Frost wrote:

08. Mijumaru -- it's cute but I wish I could see it more without the :< face.

Image



mijumaru has been robed!!!
but at least it isn't in last place.

_________________
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27427
--The Island--
--Crush--
Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...


Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:04 am
Posts: 1320
Location: Sky Tower
I actually like Smugleaf's grin. He's like the most badass of all starters, not even Treecko or Gang Leader Squirtle can top him. The only problem with it is that it sorta gives the Pokemon a pre-determined, unchangeable personality. Fortunately other official media and fan art exist to soften Smugleaf's situation.

Rankurusu just looks weird to me because of its eyes and funny-shaped mouth. But, I've seen so many cute fanart of it already that it doesn't really matter; it's sort of a cute hugging blob.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.