It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next
 Frost's Unova Rankings (100-91): Walk Like a Unovan 

Which top 100 is superior?
IGN's because Frost's is too gay 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
Frost's because IGN's is too predictable 81%  81%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 42

Frost's Unova Rankings (100-91): Walk Like a Unovan 
THE POWER IS ON!

Coincidentally, two stars of Pokemon movies get eliminated in this update. Which two of Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, Latios, Latias, Jirachi, Manaphy or Shaymin won't survive the update1?1/!?!? (Spoilers: it's probably easy to guess.) I should also note that I've gone back and added a few notes to the older write-ups (e.g. Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Darkrai, etc.) to flesh them out a bit or to add things I forgot to mention before. Nothing really interesting but you can reread them if you'd like and you might find a few new comments.

Update Title: "Evil Occult Pokemon!1!," referring to #252.

256. Forretress Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 205)
Even though I said Steel Wormadam is probably the more authentic bagworm, I still like Forretress' design more because it's more clever, using the "Steel" aspect as heavy armor and having little appendages that resemble cannons, although its look would work better for a calm or something else. Forretress was one of Brock's most tenured Pokemon in the anime, since it was the only one he brought to Hoenn, but it didn't have any personality and the writers never even bothered showcasing it, so uh... way to go? Forretress hasn't been too notable in anything, actually, but I still like it for being one of the very few Bug-types who gets any attention at all in competitive battles, thanks to its great typing, decent stats and ability to lay down entry hazards and use Explosion. Plus, the newest Forretress card as of this writing has an attack called "Everyone Explode Now," and that's awesome.

255. Abra Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 63)
Abra's a cute little guy, but the fact that it sleeps 18 hours a day and has never opened its eyes anywhere hurts its placement in my rankings since it's basically incapable of showing emotion, much like its Hoenn counterpart Ralts. Still, its body isn't essentially a tissue, so at least it's more interesting. Abra is basically famous for not learning any attack except Teleport until it evolves, making it simultaneously useless and extremely hard to catch unless you have sleep inducer. While Nintendo gave us plenty of laughs at Blue's expense in the Cerulean City Rival battle, in which Blue's Abra was dead-weight, the Pokemon is fascinating because it CAN learn TMs and it has great Special Attack and Speed, making it a surprisingly potent fighter in Pokemon Stadium 2's Little Cup. I like that a Pokemon who seems harmless at first glance can actually pack a punch, and Ash certainly learned that lesson when Sabrina's Abra kicked God Pikachu's ass around before evolving. It's also my Synchronizer of choice in Generation IV, so I have an Abra army with good natures in Diamond and it gets points for that.

254. Kangaskhan Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 115)
Despite so many other Pokemon with questionable gender ratios, Kangaskhan is still the series' biggest masculine mama ever. Granted, many of Kangaskhan's manly aspects are exclusive to this side of the Pacific because, in Japan, she's not named after a male emperor and doesn't have deeper voice than most men. Even so, Kangaskhan's design breaks from the typical cuddly and/or visibly female looks of the other female-only Pokemon; she is a big, armored tank of a Pokemon. As such, I really question why Gamefreak decided to make Kangaskhan a female-only species; there are, after all, male kangaroo in the real world. My other issue with Kangaskhan is that she has little resemblance to a real kangaroo besides the baby/pouch, so I'd really like to see a boxing male-only counterpart who more resembles a kangaroo. I'd also like to see them make "Rooskahn" its own species to address how Kangaskhan hatches from an egg with the damn thing in her pouch, but that will probably forever be an anomaly that GameFreak won't fix because they love their "consistency" (/rolleyes). Despite all these issues, I like Kangaskhan and how she can kick ass, even though she's outclassed by other Normal-types in the games and "The Kangaskhan Kid" was actually a pretty boring episode.

253. Gloom Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 44)
Gloom is one of the last-surviving "typical" middle evolutions so you won't have to sit through me saying things like "Gloom is pretty cute, but its first-form Oddish is cuter" for too much longer. Gloom actually sticks out because Oddish, Vileplume AND Bellossom are all extremely cute, making Gloom the reject of its family. You can probably guess why I feel this is the case: namely, the fact that Gloom's eyes are always shut as if it's high on its own fumes. Still, Gloom has an adorable voice, which is completely uncharacteristic for its name and look, and was used well in the anime as Erika's signature Pokemon, even though it was pretty nonsensical that its scent, which could take out GRIMER and KOFFING, would be used to make PERFUME THAT PEOPLE LOVE! Gloom mostly coasts along because the rest of its family is so awesome, but it is better than its counterpart Weepinbell, and that's means a lot coming from me because I was a Blue guy.

252. Kadabra Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 64)
Kadabra is likely the third-most "controversial" Pokemon. While Abra and Alakazam's Japanese names are also allusions to famous magicians/psychics, Kadabra's Japanese name, Yungerer, is the only one that references a person who was alive when the Pokemon series entered the public eye: Uri Geller, the paranormalist who claims to he can bend spoons with telekinesis. Oh, look! Kadabra also carries around a spoon and bends it with his mind. Oops. In 2000, Geller filed a $100 million lawsuit against Nintendo over Kadabra, claiming "Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character," which just shows that he never played the games or even saw Kadabra and probably only wanted a pay day. Apparently the lawsuit was thrown out of court but, for whatever reason, great care has been taken to not feature Kadabra in the TCG since 2003, even though it still appears in the anime and games.

Now that I've wasted an entire paragraph talking about the fraud known as Uri Geller, I should discuss the Pokemon itself. Kadabra is one of the few middle evolutions who looks pretty cool and can actually hold its own in battle, just in case you can't trade to evolve it into Alakazam, and it's certainly tougher in RBY than any of its three trade counterparts. Its beta name was also supposed to be Pocus, with Abra being Hocus, and I'm glad they changed both names to the current ones. Kadabra's main appearance in the anime was as Sabrina's signature Pokemon, becoming just about the only Pokemon to shut down Pikachu completely. It's strange how Sabrina and Kadabra were built to be so powerful in the anime and, in the end, the writers did such a good job at achieving this that they had to throw everything out and go with the anticlimactic ending of Kadabra being defeated due to Haunter making Sabrina laugh. Kadabra is a solid Pokemon and it's unfortunate that it's been marred from Geller's bullshit.

251. Mewtwo Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 150)
As the series' very first unstoppably powerful Pokemon, Mewtwo is special because it was only Generation I species with a backstory in the games. Scientists on Cinnabar Island used DNA from Mew's eyelash to create Mewtwo, a mutant clone, which then destroyed the Cinnabar Mansion and fled to Unknown Dungeon. This backstory was fleshed out further when Mew and Mewtwo faced off in the first annual Pokemon film, Mewtwo Strikes Back, but it was sadly just the first of many shitty movies that were little more than letting children masturbate to boring Legendary Pokemon for ninety minutes. To be fair, Mewtwo's story does have potential, with him trying to find meaning to his existence as a clone, but the games never touch on that and the dub of the movie neutered his conflict in favor of stereotypical "I will take over the world" proclamations and then clunky morals, so it's hard for me to care. Still, at least Mewtwo DOES have a story, unlike 95% of the series' other Pokemon.

Mewtwo's design works for its role, but I think they focused too much on the "mutant" aspect and didn't connect it enough to Mew besides the vaguely cat-like features. It's also a bit too angry for my tastes, especially removed from the anime where it has no reason to be angry. Mewtwo has also had some horrible sprites over the years, including HGSS, but especially Yellow's pelvic thrust of doom. Mewtwo was the undisputed King of Pokemon in RBY, to the point that people created specialized "Mewtwo killers" and thus it became the very first "banned" Pokemon, remaining in Ubers to this day despite taking hits in later games. I thought it was fun using Mewtwo to destroy the Elite Four back in Blue but I haven't used it since then because it IS really cheap. Hilariously, despite Mewtwo's god status in this franchise, it was a BOTTOM Tier character in Melee, below everything except Pichu and then replaced with Lucario in Brawl, which was stupid. Great job, Nintendo! Anyway, I appreciate what Mewtwo brings to the series but it's not a top favorite.

250. Cranidos Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 408)
My style is offense over defense, and as such it's no surprise that I prefer glass cannon extraordinaire Cranidos over its useless wall counterpart Shieldon. I was also a Diamond player primarily and Cranidos was a version-exclusive to that game, so that's just another point for the little dinosaur. Cranidos is one of the few first forms that forgoes "cuteness" for being a pint-sized badass, and while it does pull off the persona decently, I'm glad we usually have cute first forms and cool evolutions instead. Cranidos has an astonishingly high Attack score, even compared to most final evolutions, and as such it's pretty useful with a Choice Scarf in-game and in Little Cup but nowhere else. It was also Roark's main Pokemon in DP but the DP Gym Leaders are the blandest bunch of characters ever so who cares? Cranidos is cool, especially compared to most Fossils and Rock-types, but I prefer its evolution more.

249. Hitmontop Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 237)
Hitmontop is the "balanced" Hitmonster, having better Defense but lower Attack than the other two. Normally I feel balanced Pokemon are a waste since the "jack of all trades" thing rarely works in Pokemon, but I don't really mind for Hitmontop because it's partially based on a top, which needs BALANCE. I also enjoy how the designers tied the "top" aspect with capoeira, a Brazilian style of dance that lend its name to Hitmontop's Japanese name and can be also be used a fighting style. As I've said before, I really enjoy when they base a Fighting-type around an entire fighting style, and Hitmontop does this perfectly, so it doesn't feel forced or unnecessary despite being introduced after his counterparts. I don't really get why Hitmontop gets Intimidate as an ability, though, since it doesn't look particularly scary; something like an auto-Rapid Spin when it switches in would be preferable. While I appreciate what Hitmontop brings to the series, it does feel a little too much like a prop at times since it's almost ALWAYS upside down, downplaying his face and emotions.

248. Omastar Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 139)
Even though Omastar was my Fossil family of choice in RBY, the truth is that the two lines are pretty close while the real Kanto Fossil ~star~ is Aerodactyl. Omastar was one of many RBY Pokemon who had high Defense and Special in Generation I, only to have its Special Defense completely ravaged when Generation II brought us the Special split. I soldiered on and kept trying to utilize the neglected Omastar in spite of its shoddy new Special Defense, using it on my aforementioned Baton Pass team with Girafarig, but it wasn't until Generation III brought it Swift Swim that Omastar was worth anything in battle. I think Omastar has a pretty cool design, although I wonder why they named it "OmaSTAR" in both English and Japanese when it has no apparent connection to stars? I do like that the games give Omastar a canon reason for going extinct, with its shell limiting its mobility, whereas there's no real excuse for why brutes like Kabutops, Rampardos and Armaldo should have died out. Omastar is a tad bland but it's nostalgic and I like it.

247. Golem Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 76)
To nobody's surprise, my least favorite of the four Gen I "trade" evolutions is the Rock-type. That being said, I do like all four, and Golem, nicknamed Nickel, was on my very first in-game team with trade capabilities when I played through Silver in 2004. I don't really get Golem's name, since it was more in common with a turtle than an actual golem, but the design is still cool, if not a bit victim to the Rock-type's blandness. Even though Golem's pre-evolutions can be annoying at times and Rhydon has always been a bit better despite its lack of Explosion, I do think Golem's line is pretty underappreciated as a whole. For example, Brock never got Golem in the anime, and I was always bummed out because I never even SEE Golem in Generation I because no in-game Trainer had one in RBY. Hell, I was EXCITED in GS when I fought the Hiker who has Golem on the S.S. Aqua because it was the first time I ever FOUGHT the thing! I also enjoyed how Golem was uncommon in Fossil because most stage 2s are holo/rare in the TCG. It's a good Pokemon, but I like others more.

Bonus Entries:
246. Slugma Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 218)
Slugma, like many Bug-type Pokemon, is odd because I think it's pretty cute, due to its oblivious face and goofy eyes (which also have the power to stare into your soul), even though I'd probably run away like a wuss from its real-world counterpart. Slugma is basically the Johto version of Grimer, and they even appear on the same Route in Kanto, except that I like Slugma's design as a magma slug more than Grimer being generic pile of sludge; the idea is pretty creative, since you can even see the magma bubbles on its "tail" end. Although I don't really get the explanation that Slugma will harden if it ever stops moving; it's a slug and all, so how fast is it really moving in the first place? Slugma generally isn't too notable, especially for a Fire-type, but I love how the computer characters in the Stadium 2 counting mini-game always go crazy and hit the buzzer twenty times when one Slugma sloths by at the end. I like Slugma overall but it's pretty UTR.

245. Entei Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 244)
As I hinted in Mewtwo's entry, I am generally not a fan of the Pokemon movies, and the third was probably the worst of the ones that I've seen, with Entei getting an absolutely pathetic showing despite being the "star." Like Moltres before it, Entei is the Johto Region's Fire-type Legendary with movepool problems. In fact, it wasn't until Generation IV that Entei could do much of anything, but now it's finally gotten Flare Blitz through the 13th movie event and Flareon is left to cry emo tears in a corner. I think Entei is pretty cool, all things considered, since I like the backstory of the Legendary Beasts in general, with Ho-oh reviving them, and it's a neat how Entei can make volcano erupt just by appearing. At the same time, it's just a bit too busy, brown and blah to really stand out as one of my favorites. It's also popular with the chillrun since they love Legendaries and Fire-types, and Entei is both, plus I have five copies too many of its stupid third movie promo card, ugh. People also debate to this day over what the Legendary Beasts are supposed to be. In Entei's case, I'm guessing a lion, and it fills this role much better than Luxray does, although it could have a better stat distribution and movepool.

The next two updates will have twelve entries each, and then I can go back to ten a piece. Highlight to view spoiler.
-The very first Eeveelution makes an appearance.
-Two Pokemon with alternate forms.
-Two Dark-type final evolutions.
-An Uber tier Pokemon.
-The second Starter Pokemon shows up.

2 Kanto, 3 Johto, 3 Hoenn and 4 Sinnoh.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I always find it interesting when you mention "beta-names." just a little thought....
for abra, i always just throw a random ball, mostly because they're low-levelled enough that it'll probably catch it.
I remember watching the first movie over and over again... simply for that reason, mewtwo will always have a place on my games. even if i never use it, lol.
Maybe omastar is partly starfish?? ok, probably not, since it's a nautilus.... but someone was going to say it sooner or later (or not).

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm gonna assume the first eevee evo is Umbreon...

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Frost wrote:
Slugma, like many Bug-type Pokemon

pretty sure slugma is a fire type there (although tbh bug/fire would be better than just fire)

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:58 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

EvilPenguin wrote:
Frost wrote:

pretty sure slugma is a fire type there (although tbh bug/fire would be better than just fire)

I think he means "Slugma shares a characteristic with many Bug Pokemon", not "Slugma is a Bug Pokemon". derp.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

goldenquagsire wrote:
EvilPenguin wrote:
Frost wrote:

I think he means "Slugma shares a characteristic with many Bug Pokemon", not "Slugma is a Bug Pokemon". derp.

...ok i guess that makes sense ._.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 am
THE POWER IS ON!

In this update, we finally leave 7/10 and reach 8/10 territory, meaning that I "really like" the Pokemon. Positivity is so not my color!

Update Title: "Wasteon," referring to #243.

244. Houndour Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 228)
The worst thing about Houndour is its name. "Dour" is a pretty obscure word that no kid in this series' target audience would recognize, but Nintendo couldn't let Houndour retain its Japanese name "Delvil" without the soccer moms rioting, so what can you do? Since Houndour was GSC's only unevolved Dark-type, I think Gamefreak avoided making Houndour lovable to portray how the type is "Evil," and that's a mistake since Houndour is a rare non-hideous Dark. It's more interesting than, say, Poochyena, due the bone-like structures on its back, so I'd like Houndour a whole lot more if it weren't so GRR ANGRY. Still, even though Houndour would probably eat my face for saying so, it's still cute anyway (save for the Tomokazu Effect), and it has an awesome evolution. It sucks how you could only catch it in Kanto in GSC though... at least HGSS did the right thing and made it available in the Johto Safari Zone.

243. Glaceon Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 471)
Because I'm an Eevee stan, I do like Glaceon, but it's also why I do NOT want to see Eeveelutions of every type: the idea itself has been stretched too thin. Glaceon feels highly unnecessary, coasting along as a lamer Vaporeon with a worse movepool, ability, stat distribution and typing. It sticks out for being the only Eeveelution that shares its highest stat with another and it doesn't have a counterpart evolution stone that it should have evolved from if GameFreak weren't so concerned with their delusions of "consistency." The one thing that could have made Glaceon feel fresh was putting its three high stats into Attack, Special Attack and Speed to make it the antithesis of Umbreon, and they didn't do THAT either, instead trying for a defensive pure Ice-type with bad HP (rofl).

Out of all the Eeveelutions, Glaceon's design reinforces its type the least, and it isn't even that cute, since it always has a smug-ass look on its face. And when May made her token cameo in the DP anime, she revealed that her Eevee evolved into Glaceon of all things. To be fair, since it was the DP anime, we knew it would have become either Leafeon or Glaceon and neither is a great fit for May's team. Anyway, Glaceon had some nice artwork in the TCG and I used it in Diamond with all of the other Eevees. My Glaceon was named after sN0w, since it's the Ice-type Eevee, and I've always felt kind of bad that he got stuck as the lamest Eeveelution of them all. Compared to regular Pokemon, Glaceon is pretty good; compared to its family members, it's not great. Thus, it gets the worst showing of all eight Eevees here.

242. Wobbuffet Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 202)
In Generation II, Wobbuffet was essentially introduced to be a joke Pokemon, having sky-high HP and low Defenses and only being able to damage things through Counter and Mirror Coat. When GameFreak realized that their idea flopped horribly because it was so easy to outsmart, they gave Wobbuffet an ability in RS that completely blocked the opponent's switching function and competitive battling was never the same, as Wobbuffet became the first non-Legendary Uber as a result. Granted, a big problem in using Wobbuffet in Generation II was that it relied so heavily on prediction to use, and so RS also gave Encore to Wobbuffet via Wynaut just to add some more coal to the "OMG BROKEN!!" fire. As such, inexperienced players will forever wonder why the Blobbuffet is banned, and more experienced players will be forever disgusted when some idiot n00b sends it out without knowing any better. It has one of the smallest movepools ever but, in addition to its broken ability, it has just the right moves and stat distribution to abuse it.

Since Wobbuffet deserved a paragraph solely dedicated to its Uber status, let's talk about the Pokemon in general. I wasn't kidding when I said it was intended to be a joke Pokemon; from the games to the anime to Super Smash Bros., Wobbuffet is played up for laughs wherever it goes. This is due to Wobbuffet's very interesting basis, as he is a tribute to a comedian who slapped his hand to his forehead and said "Sou nansu," which is Wobbuffet's Japanese name and means "That's the way it is." This is why Wobbuffet pops out to say "WAAAHBUFFET!" anytime Jessie utters a word in the anime, except that the joke no longer works because Wobbuffet's name is meaningless. This also ruined another joke with Wobbuffet and Wynaut talking to each other, since Wynaut's Japanese name means "Really?", creating an endless loop between the two. Wobbuffet can be funny at times (for example, having the best. gender difference. ever.) and I do appreciate what it brings to the series, but it's also a one-trick pony and can become annoying quickly.

Rating: 8/10 ("I really like these Pokemon!")
241. Crawdaunt Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 342)
Even though Crawdaunt is basically Hoenn's Kingler, it debuted alongside Water/Dark-type trainwreck Sharpedo and thus is a hell of a lot more appealing in comparison. Sadly, because Crawdaunt is a Dark-type, Ash's Corphish upheld the tradition of his main Water-type never evolving, and that sucks because Crawdaunt needed the spotlight. I also remember Crawdaunt's English name was said to be "Lobstar" at one point; I'm not sure if that was just bad reporting or a changed beta name, but I actually prefer it over the final version since it ties with the giant star on Crawdaunt's head. Anyway, I really enjoy Crawdaunt's design because it manages to balance looking intimidating without being hideous, so therefore it's one of my favorite Dark-types. I've used it in the games before, on an in-game team with Kingler, and it's sad how they made the two so similar to each other, only with Crawdaunt being worse, like many Hoenn Pokemon with similarities to Kanto ones.

240. Whiscash Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 340)
Since it was introduced in the same games as Swampert, Whiscash hasn't had much recognition besides having a derpface. And while it's true that Whiscash is easily the worst of all four fully evolved Water/Ground-types in battles, its oblivious happiness is still cute to me. Granted, the yellow highlights and ability to learn Spark would imply that Whiscash should be Water/Electric, but being Water/Ground is fine with me because Whiscash is based around the Japanese myth of catfish being the source of earthquakes. (I should also mention that an episode featuring Whiscash was the second to be "banned" in Japan since the country had a string of earthquakes beforehand and simply never aired the show. Congrats, Porygon, you're no longer alone!) It could use some TCG better art though, since it's a rare for me not to like ANY of a Pokemon's artwork and Whiscash is one of these cases. In addition to being adorably goofy, Whiscash's shape makes it the ideal Pokemon to pick up by the tail and use to slap a bitch across their face, and that's awesome.

239. Absol Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 359)
Like Aggron, Absol was one of the Pokemon on my first RS team on Psypoke's RS bots; in this case, my Absol was named after Gambit because it was known as the bad luck Pokemon. There was probably a point in time after that when I hated Absol, due to that same old Psypoke who worshiped at the shrine of fellow evil cat thing Sneasel, but I got over it and stopped associating Absol with that guy. Absol is admittedly a completely original Hoenn Pokemon, having no parallels with ANY of the Dark-types from the older games and being a decent, though not stellar, battler in its own right for a single-stage Pokemon. I do wish Absol had better stats, since they're pretty dire beyond the Attack, but its movepool is pretty decent if I recall correctly and its design is badass without forcing how "OMG COOL" it is down our throats. It even can be depicted as cute, as seen in former mod Flannery's adorable avatar, so it's really one of the better Hoenn Pokemon AND Dark-type Pokemon. I'd still love to see it cut a bitch with its forehead scythe, though.

238. Tyranitar Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 248)
Tyranitar's rank might seem low, but need I remind you that A) I hate Dark-types and B) Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp all placed about 200 spots lower? With that considered, Tyranitar's showing isn't bad at all, and it got fourth place among all Dark-types. While it was obviously Johto's "Dragonite" archetype, Tyranitar manages to be what its successors weren't: a totally fresh and different design than Dragonite, being completely its own Pokemon rather than the "Hoenn GRR ANGRY" or "Sinnoh Crackhead" Dragonite. Still, one of Tyranitar's distinguishing traits is the horrible Dark/Rock-type; I would have preferred it as Dark/Dragon or Rock/Dragon but, hey, they wanted it to be unique and they had a new type to pimp, so there you go. I honestly never had much of a connection to Tyranitar because I never even had one in the games until I played Crystal in 2008, and it's a bit too angry for my tastes, but it's not obnoxious about it like so many similar Pokemon. It's a powerful battler (sup 'boah), it had a soft moment in the anime as Ash's Larvitar's mother, and it has some awesome TCG artwork. For being a type that's horrible and another that's boring, I can't ask for much more.

237. Chimchar Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 390)
It wasn't until the Sinnoh Starters were unveiled that I started to get excited about DP, and that's because the trio has really good synergy and feel like a cohesive unit, moreso than Isshu's or even Hoenn's trios. At first glance I thought Chimchar was awesome because, hey, it's a flaming monkey! Still, based on preference, Chimchar was second place for me, even though the majority of the fandom disagreed, especially after the games were actually released and everybody picked it because "BAWWW SINNOH HAS NO FIRES!1!!" Chimchar is a great monkey design and it's certainly more authentic than Mankey, but Infernape just doesn't hook me like Torterra and Empoleon do and therefore Chimchar has fallen down to third over the years. Chimchar is still a really cool Pokemon, though, with Ash's Chimchar starting out on Paul's team but not reaching its potential and evolving until joining up with Ash. I wish more Pokemon had storylines like that in the anime, and also that more Pokemon were as cute as Chimchar, even though it's technically one of my least favorite Starters.

236. Rhydon Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 112)
I still have no idea what GameFreak was thinking when they decided to evolve RHYDON of all Pokemon. Sure, its Special stats and Speed are low, but the other three are OVER BASE 100, with its Attack peaking at 394. But yet Farfetch'd is such a powerhouse that he can't have an evolution instead? Right. The one complaint that I have is that Rhyhorn evolves so late, making it a bitch to get; otherwise, it's a powerhouse, easily being the best Rock/Ground-type of them all until Gen IV, and all it needed was Rhyperior's Solid Rock ability instead of... Rhyperior itself. Rhydon isn't too notable outside of competitive battling though, with its biggest claim to fame being the victim of Pikachu's "Aim for the horn!" shenanigans in the anime. (P.S.: why did BLAINE have a Rhydon in the first place?) From a design standpoint, Rhydon's name implies that it's a rhino, but it's more like any old bipedal monster thing and no less cool for it, not even suffering from the Rock-type's blandness. Also, an interesting piece of trivia is that Rhydon might have been the first Pokemon created because it is located first in RBY's internal code. It's a good Pokemon and it's too bad Rhyperior had to come along and fuck it up.

235. Rotom Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 479)
I guess the first thing to discuss is how ROTOM IS NOT A FUCKING LEGENDARY POKEMON. It is so annoying how people are so oblivious to the fact that the Legendary Pokemon music playing when you encounter Rotom is MEANT TO BE A JOKE. Even if it weren't, music is not the ONLY litmus test to a Pokemon's status since Shaymin, Mesprit and Cresselia sure as hell don't get special music yet THEY'RE still Legendaries. Anyway, I love Rotom's Electric/Ghost typing and think a plasma Pokemon that lives inside of a TV is a pretty creative idea; it's also pretty cute in a wacky sort of way, as if it's Pokemon's version of Casper, and I think the Legendary music playing only to reveal... this guy was hilarious. Of course, Rotom's stats were pretty lacking, which should have been another clue that it wasn't supposed to be LEGENDARY, and as such the Appliance Rotoms were introduced in Platinum. To be honest, I like that GameFreak found a way to give Rotom an "evolution" without actually giving it one. Rotom is one of the most original Sinnoh Pokemon and I could see ranking it higher in the future.

Bonus Entries:

234. Grass Wormadam Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 413)
Wormadam was one of my early Generation IV favorites but she's been losing steam for a long time now and I wouldn't be surprised to see her plummet when I redo my rankings after Generation V. I love the wimmenz-only Pokemon, so that's why I liked Wormadam so much in the early the days. But then I noticed her giant hideous hag nose in the Sugimori artwork and I still haven't been able to unsee it. (Based on the sprite alone, I thought the nose was just an opening in her cloak, which was cute because looked like she was actually hiding.) Wormadam's type is recycled from Parasect and isn't particularly useful, but at least it makes more sense for a bagworm than Forretress being Bug/Steel. And her stats are pretty stereotypical too, since she's a female-only Grass type with Special Defense as her best stat. Blow me away with originality, GameFreak. Anyway, Wormadam is my favorite member of her entire family because her cloak is the most natural and cute. And she's still the closest we have to a Christmas wreath Pokemon, KOROMORI YOU DISAPPOINTMENT.

233. Weezing Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 110)
Like Arbok and Jessie, Weezing and James are synonymous due to Weezing's tenure on the show as James' Pokemon. And, as few-remaining Psypokes might remember, I spent my first three years on Psypoke under the username "JamesTR" because I was a total James fanatic. As such, it's not surprising that I have love for James' most well-known Pokemon too. I've used Weezing a lot in the games due to its surprisingly decent stats, including on Team Rocket-based teams, and it made me proud when Weezing became OU in Generation III DESPITE being a pure Poison-type because of its new Levitate ability and its potency as a Physical wall. While Weezing gets a ton of cool points for its association with James and my own nostalgia, it's not as great as I used to think. Especially when Koffing is such a happy guy, and Weezing is just two Koffing fused together, Weezing's new frowny faces are a downer, and it has a voice to match. It's kind of like the Mijumaru effect, where I'd like the Pokemon more if it didn't wear the same face all the time, except I have more history with Weezing than Wotter.

The next update is the last one with twelves entries and YAY I AM SO TIRED OF DOING A DOZEN PER POST. It'll be 22 updates with 10 Pokemon each after that. Finish before BW's release date or bust! Highlight to view spoiler.
-Third place is revealed for Dark: Cacturne, Houndoom or Umbreon?
-A final Starter evolution (Blaziken and Infernape are out so far).
-The first Castform goes: Normal, Rainy, Sunny or Snowy?
-Only three Pokemon altogether that aren't final stages.
-A Pokemon that Ash caught in the anime.

3 Kanto, 1 Johto, 5 Hoenn and 3 Sinnoh.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

(To Frost,of course)The stuff u said about Arceus...I can give u more funny info. U kno how there r people who turn the japanese into english so we lazy or weird people don't have to stand the foreign language? Well my friend pointed out while we were watching the english version of the Arceus movie & she pointed out "I think the english people don't care for religion or whatever because the people who believe in god & everything thinks he has a manly voice or something & Arceus is like the god or something in the world of Pokemon. I mean,r they making fun of the religion because the english Arceus has a funny, nerdy voice."(Which I agreed & laughed at) So don't 4get the Nerdy voice too! (Oh yeah, Cats rock!)
=^-^=

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

^ Don't you know anything about English Dubs? It's ruin 80% of the voices or bust!

As for the thread, Wormadam is one of my favorite Pokemon names, namely because of an inside joke that goes "Wormadam? Wormadam! Wormadam shoes at ho!"

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This is problably the fifth time I've said this but whatever.

FARFETCH'D MUST EVOLVE!!!!!!1!11!

Why? Because it is underpowered and it happens to be my only legit shiny! Of all the shinies I had to find, it just HAD to be one of the least competitively viable final evolutions!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:00 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Yay, the last update with extra entries.

Update Title: "BALLS.," referring to #228.

232. Cacturne Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 332)
I love Cacnea and, since I love Cacnea, I naturally had to use one in the games. Cacnea just happens to evolve into Cacturne, so therefore I have appreciation for Cacturne and have used it in the games too. Naturally, since it's a Grass/DARK-type and James is an anti-hero, James' Cacnea never evolved in the anime, but instead May's antagonist Harley got one. Lame. Cacturne is pretty creative and cool, as it's still visibly a cactus like Cacnea but it also goes in more of a scarecrow direction at the same time. Cacturne is manages to come off as mischievous and sinister-looking without being obnoxiously ugly or annoying like SO many other Dark-types below it, and it really does have the style of a nocturnal Pokemon. It's also a glass cannon, which is totally my style, though I do wish it had better Speed since it's already frail and Grass/Dark isn't a great defensive typing. So while Cacturne does ride on Cacnea's coattails a little bit, it's a solid and unique Pokemon in its own right and completely deserving of third place in an otherwise lackluster type.

231. Porygon-Z Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 471)
I love the Porygon line and, when I first saw Porygon-Z, my reaction was "Ugh, they REALLY evolved Porygon2??" While Porygon2 didn't need an evolution, I have come to appreciate Porygon-Z's cleverness over the years: it's a hack upgrade and that idea is reinforced well, with its design being a flipped around version of Porygon2's, only with cocaine eyes, and even the name "Z" is a corrupted version of "2." Porygon-Z is also more akin to a Scizor than a Electivire, in that it's more of an alternate take on Porygon2 than a replacement evolution, although Z's overall stat total IS just slightly higher. While I haven't used Porygon-Z yet, mostly because I CAN'T TRADE AND YOU NEED TO TRADE TWICE FOR IT :(, I do think it's creative for bringing the idea of a "hack" to the game's resident technology family. It's just a shame that it hasn't and won't appear in the anime due to the Porygon controversy, and it currently can't even be used in the English TCG due to some bad setlist decisions in the Japanese equivalent of HS Undaunted. Great planning, guys.

230. Hariyama Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 297)
Originally, I pretty much regarded Hariyama as the "Hoenn version of Machamp," except that it was only two stages and not as good in battle. Of course, that was a completely shallow comparison since they have little in common beyond typing and being humanshaped but, as a lot of Isshu Pokemon demonstrate, people are determined to make stupid comparisons based on one or two vague similarities. Hariyama, like its pre-evolution, is based around Japanese sumo wrestling, even picking up its name from the eponymous sumo ranking. Hariyama's stock went up tremendously in my eyes when I used him in the horrible catastrophe known as "Pokemon Colosseum," where it kicked a lot of ass and was a generally reliable Pokemon. I do wish it had slightly higher Defenses, but the HP does counteract them, and at least they didn't give it those huge, intimidating hands paired with a wimpy Attack stat like so many other tough-looking Pokemon. (Mawile comes to mind.) It also gets cool points for being Brawly's main Pokemon in the anime and kicking God Pikachu's ass in battle. It's pretty solid.

229. Vespiquen Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 416)
When I looked through the Sinnoh Pokemon for the first time, I was perhaps most excited about Vespiquen. On first glance, she was a dream come true: a Bug-type, female-only Pokemon with pretty good stats and THREE trademark moves. I tracked down a female Combee and used Vespiquen on my only playthrough of Diamond but, unfortunately, she just didn't live up to expectations, as her stats don't compensate for her awful typing, low Speed or limited movepool. Even two of her three unique moves are wasted, since Roost trumps Heal Order and Defend Order sucks on a Pokemon with the plague typing known as Bug/Flying. Once again, we have undeniable evidence that GameFreak hates the Bug-type, since Vespiquen should have been awesome yet wasn't, a fact made even more infuriating since she is such a bitch to acquire. Vespiquen's design is really cool, though, as she does LOOK like a tough asskicker, even with the pepper grinder hive body and the more-anorexic-than-Gardevoir waist. (Seriously, one good hit should snap this girl in half.) Unfortunately, Vespiquen's battle suckitude has made me cool toward her a bit over the years.

228. Electrode Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 101)
Electrode is probably one of the most screwed Pokemon ever. It has two worthless abilities, a pitiful movepool since it's ONLY A BALL, and it's not the type of design that could really be pushed further with a new evolution. As such, Electrode is stuck with its mediocrity forever, but it did enjoy some fame as the fastest Pokemon until Ninjask and Speed Deoxys came along, being able to throw down Thunder Waves before anybody else. I also made a unique ability for Electrode that basically works like an auto, more powerful Metronome (the held item). Anyway, Electrode was not one of Generation I's most creative designs, but I think it fits the job of a fake Pokeball better than angry, emotionless Voltorb does, so I don't have any problems with the guy. Hey, at least it cracks a smile, even if it's a douchey one. Electrode has also provided plenty of laughs over the years, including that one guy who entered a Pokemon race using an Electrode and how Electrode looks so sad when it fails to blow up in Brawl. I do wish Base Electrode wasn't cut from TCG GB though. While it's not winning any awards for originality, and they really shouldn't have made shiny Electrode blue, it does its job just fine.

227. Castform Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 351)
So you might be wondering just why the hell ALL FOUR Castform have made it this far. I'm actually cool with gimmick Pokemon, as long they're interesting gimmicka unlike, say, Unown. A forecast Pokemon based on the weather charm teru teru bozu is definitely a unique and creative idea and, since Deoxys was off-limits, Castform was the series' first Pokemon with "forms" that are actually distinguished, unlike how all 26/28 Unown suck equally. I liked that they created a bunch of weather conditions in GSC and then added a manmade Pokemon based AROUND them in the next games; granted, I do wish Castform came in Sandstorm and Fog varieties, giving us our first "pure Flying-type" in the process, but it's forgivable since sandstorms aren't real "weather conditions" and Fog came after the fact. While I also wish Castform had better stats instead of being a Glalie-wannabe, it's an adorable little guy with puppy-dog eyes, so how can I resist it? Compared to the other forms, though, Normal Castform is the most boring and therefore it goes out here.

226. Anorith Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 347)
I guess the thing that's disappointing is that they ended up using Anorith as a Fossil Pokemon. Since it's a "water shrimp," plus a Bug-type, wouldn't you expect it to be... I dunno, Water/Bug? Instead, it got stuck with the existing type of Bug/Rock, which is okay for a Bug dual-typing, but a better alternative is sitting RIGHT THERE, yet Anorith got stuck with the required Rock-typing for a Fossil Pokemon instead. Don't get me wrong, though, it easily could have been yet another Water/Rock-type and I'm glad it's not. Anyway, Anorith is somehow my favorite of the first Fossil stages that can evolve, probably because it has more nostalgia than Cranidos and a more interesting design than Omanyte. Naturally, I picked the Claw Fossil the first time I played Sapphire and I'm sure glad I did because Anorith and Armaldo are nowhere near the eyesores that Lileep and Cradily are. I generally like the design of Anorith, what with its googly eyes and interesting color patterns. It's cool but not overly powerful or cute, so it goes out with an 8/10.

225. Feraligatr Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 160)
Whenever I'm reminded of Feraligatr's English name, which is probably one of the all-time worst, I wonder why GameFreak has never retconned the ten-character name limit, even on more advanced platforms. Besides the name, Feraligatr is a little too hunched back despite being the only non-cuddly final Starter stage from Johto, which hurts its coolness. It's also a shame that happy and outgoing Totodile evolves into GRR ANGRY Feraligatr, especially when Feraligatr couldn't even back up his fierce look in battles until Generation IV brought it Physical STAB and Ice Punch, and even then it's just a downgraded Gyarados, so uh... good job? Even though I'm being really mean toward Feraligatr, I played through GS so many times that I got to use all of the Starters plenty of times, and Feraligatr in particular was my choice in my first file with trading abilities in 2004, so it definitely gets points for that. Feraligatr is a decent fighter, has a great first stage and fills the role of a cool looking crocodile pretty well, too, but it just doesn't have the impressive appearance of its counterpart Starters (whether in region or typing) to go higher.

224. Hypno Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 97)
Hypno is the first Pokemon to show up from my RBY/GSC "dream team" of Dewgong, Tangela, Magneton, Rapidash, Dugtrio and Hypno. In the height of my days as a crusader for "neglected Pokemon," I picked these six out as the most appealing unused Pokemon of their types for my teams in Yellow, GS and the first Psypoke PPC (lol). Hypno, in particular, was a monster in Yellow with tradeback moves from GS, owning both that game and Pokemon Stadium with Amnesia, Psychic and two elemental punches. In addition to being the MVP of the team, Hypno was the most commonly used of the team in battles, as it was the best alternative to Alakazam in RBY and a decent Special sponge after that. As such, Hypno never really "fit" with the vibe of the team and I eventually dropped it in favor of Jynx for reasons that I won't explain until she shows up.

Hypno was a GREAT Pokemon in RBY who got shunned in favor of Mewtwo and (if Mewtwo was banned) Alakazam, even though its Special was nearly as good as Alakazam's and its Defense and HP were WAY better. Like Drowzee, it's based around the dream-eating tapir of Japanese lore, but it's not as authentic as its pre-evolution (or newcomer Mushaana), even though it was famous to casual fans for the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combination. It also played a major role in "Hypno's Naptime," an episode that, if nothing else, is awesome for bringing us Misty's Psyduck. And Fossil Hypno in the TCG even had an attack named Dark Mind, just like the Elite Four member of the (nearly) same name! So while Hypno didn't "stick" with me like the others, it has several good points and its participation as an original member of my RBYGSC team makes it an important Pokemon to me. That group of Pokemon laid the groundwork for me liking whichever Pokemon I wanted, regardless of their status as being popular, useful in battle, a Legendary or whatever else.

223. Mankey Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 56)
Mankey is a bit of a mutant compared to the simpler Pokemon of Generation I, as it sports a monkey's body with a pig's snout, granting it the species of "Pigmonkey" Pokemon. While Mankey is primarily known for throwing tantrums and looking angry, particularly in Pokemon Snap where I couldn't wait to throw a Pester Ball at the little asshole, it can also be cute at times too, so I enjoy that it's not completely one-dimensional. For example, in Mankey's most prominent episode, "Primeape Goes Bananas," it's perfectly cute and happy until Ash gives it a rice ball and then attacks, prompting Mankey to steal Ash's prized hat. lolpwnt. While I have to dock points because Mankey is angry a little TOO much, it's still one of the cuter Fighting-types and it was definitely helpful in LeafGreen considering Brock suddenly got Rock-type attacks and Butterfree was rendered useless. I guess GameFreak forgot that Mankey was originally exclusive to Red, but I certainly wasn't complaining!

Bonus Entries:
222. Snover Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 459)
While Snover looks nothing like a snow-covered clover, Grass and Ice are probably my two favorite types and as such I was thrilled to see them combined for a new Pokemon in DP, even though people complained about Grass/Ice having so many weaknesses, as if being weak to Poison and Steel is suddenly the end of the world or something. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised it took them so long to make a Grass/Ice type, since there are plenty of indeciduous trees out there, but Snover lived up to my expectations as a cute first form. It was also one of the few Pokemon with a more noticeable gender difference than "male has a longer horn/dodgy phallic appendage," and I think I prefer the male form more because it looks like he's wearing pants. It's a cool little guy with a great type and evolution, so it gets my approval. Also, Snover's ability makes it the Hail answer to Hippopotas, hilariously getting it banned in lower tiers on some battling communities. ZoMg ThE gRaSs/IcE-tYpE wItH sOoOoO mAnY wEaKnEsSeS iZzZz BrOkEn!1!!!

221. Torkoal Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 324)
Torkoal is a Hoenn Pokemon that I loved immediately, and I added it to one of my earliest Sapphire teams, as its stats looked pretty decent on paper and the games had lacked good non-Legendary single-stagers since Generation I. Unfortunately, Torkoal wasn't a godsend from the heavens after all, as it's stuck trying to be a defensive FIRE-type Rapid Spinner, which never works, and its stats ARE decent but not enough to overcome its pitiful Speed and typing. Thus, Torkoal is a textbook example of a Pokemon that I'd like more if it evolved, and I'd LOVE to see it become a Water/Fire-type steam turtle. Ash's Torkoal was a similarly cool guy who wasn't afraid to shed manly tears, but it got pushed aside after Hoenn and Charizard even stole his trademark move, Overheat, and used it to beat Noland's Articuno like a dick! Torkoal's tears are warranted since even the TCG fucked it up too. (Clue: there shouldn't be a fist symbol anywhere on that card.) While I do wish Torkoal didn't have those emotionless stoner eyes, I still like him a lot.

YAY FINALLY I CAN GO BACK TO TEN ENTRIES IN THE NEXT UPDATE! Highlight to view spoiler.
-The next Starter is eliminated. (So far all are still in except Treecko and Chimchar.)
-A member of a Legendary trio. (Right now, the Legendary Birds, Raikou, Suicune and Azelf remain.)
-Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Pokemon that Ash has owned in the anime!
-Three Kanto Poison-types, and a Pokemon with the same dual type as one in this update.
-One of Rhapsody's favorites. Of course, saying this much just gave which one it is away to her.

5 Kanto, 3 Johto, 1 Hoenn and 1 Sinnoh.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I almost did nt't want to see this part of the rankings because of the title. I just want to say that aornith is really cool because he's based off one of the Precambrian sea creatures (I can't remember which one though).

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I really wish GameFreak gave us all the types too, but that's what Gen V is for, right?! Can't wait to see how you round off the sub-200 rankings!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Last edited by AEP: Master Trainer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

HAHAHA!!! at last, electrod goes down!!! YES!!!

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Erm...Wow.Impressive. ....But no offense, but you must have no life.And Gengar is still in!

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

frost i don't like ur opinion on my favorite pokemon, you must have no life!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Couple of updates ago but i laughed at the reference to Mewtwo's pelvic thrusts of doom :')
And out of curiosity and nosyness...Crisp...did you have a name change? I could've sworn that was a 'K' and not a 'C'...I'm probably mistaken though ^_^''

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:45 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

How dare I have an extra 20-30 minutes per day to do these write-ups! I am a horrible human being. Thanks so much for telling me how it is, Mr. 11 Year Old.

Update Title: "MOOOOOO!," referring to #216.

220. Turtwig Image
(Generation: IV; National Dex: 387)
When the Sinnoh Starters were revealed, I looked at Turtwig and thought "...really? Another turtle-based Starter?" It was easily my least favorite of the trio, and it was clearly the reject of the fandom since everybody was all about Chimchar and Piplup when the games came out. The only person who really started with Turtwig was Ash, and he caught his in one of the worst-titled episodes ever, "Getting Twiggy With It!" (Insert /rolleyes to the heavens here.) While I didn't go far into Pearl, I did pick Turtwig as my starter in that game and later used it in Diamond too; thus, it has grown on me over time, going from butt-ugly reject to likable Pokemon. And, even though it doesn't have a fresh basis, it's still original for going in a completely different direction than Squirtle (or Torkoal). The only problem I have with Turtwig on a design aspect is that the sapling is on Turtwig's HEAD even though the plants are on its evolutions' BACKS. Conversely, I really like how Turtwig usually looks so cute and happy, especially in the TCG, so definitely beats out Treecko and Smugleaf for my third favorite Grass Starter.

219. Gastly Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 92)
Gastly, being the first stage of RBY's only Ghost family, was unique at first. Honestly, it's lame how Ghost is the smallest type, since few are really game-defining, but it does make each one more unique. Gastly set the bar reasonably high for the typing, although its Red/Blue sprite was nearly formless and nothing like Gastly as we see it today. Plus, as Ghost/Poison, it wouldn't have been a good Psychic killer even if good Ghost moves DID exist and Psychics WEREN'T immune to them in RBY. My 2004 Silver run was the main time I bothered with Gastly in-game, though, since it's not as fun training something that you can't fully evolve. He was also the anime's second talking Pokemon, and "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" is a great episode because of Gastly posing as the maiden and then fighting off ALL of the main characters' Pokemon, but it's a bit nonsensical that this average in-game Pokemon became some unstoppable force who could TALK on the show. In addition to bringing us Destiny Bond (p.s. lol that card), Gastly is solid but goes out first for being more boring than its evolutions.

218. Pidgeot Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 18)
Pidgeot is the main example of what I call the "Lickilicky Paradox" (to be explained fully later), which is a Pokemon that looks extremely similar to its pre-evolution. Pidgeotto and Pidgeot, for example, look almost EXACTLY the same, except that Pidgeot is slightly bigger with a different hairstyle. But do people EVER bitch about how "unoriginal" Pidgeot is? No. Pidgeot is one of those Kanto Pokemon who tends to coast on nostalgia value, especially where the anime is concerned. Face it: Ash's Pidgeotto was nothing special to the show, and Pidgeot had a grand total of five minutes of screentime. I have no idea why people were so bummed when Ash left it behind since its only purposes were "scout" and "pop balloon." In general, Pidgeot's horrible movepool and well-rounded, but lackluster, stats would make it the loser of the Gen I Normal/Flying-types if Farfetch'd didn't exist, and I don't even think that it's as visually interesting as the others, although it is reasonably impressive-looking in its own right. It's cool, but not exceptionally, in part because I never even had a Pidgeot card as a kid! :(

217. Corphish Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 341)
Corphish is clearly the "Hoenn version" of Krabby, but Krabby is... well, a crab, and Corphish is a crayfish, so they're similar but not carbon copies. Like Cacnea, Corphish grew on me primarily due to the anime, where Ash caught a tough Corphish who kicked ass despite his small stature. Corphish's Japanese name is "Heigani," meaning that it entered battle in the Japanese version with a cry of "Hei hei!," which is awesome. Unfortunately, it didn't evolve, probably because Crawdaunt is a Dark-type, and kept up the tradition of Ash's main Water-type staying in its basic form. Still, the anime prompted me to use Corphish in the games, where it was pretty decent in-game although inferior to Krabby. In general, I like Corphish's design, which does a decent job at distinguishing itself from Krabby, and it can even be portrayed as pretty cute in the TCG (d'aww), even though its eyes have a tendency to BUG THE FUCK OUT. All in all, it's a cool guy.

216. Tauros Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 128)
Since he was the rarest Safari Zone-exclusive Pokemon in Generation I, Tauros is likely the Pokemon with my strongest mental association to the Zone. Of course, the anime also plays a role here, as Ash caught THIRTY FREAKING TAUROS in the undubbed episode that featured the area. Even though it's completely nonsensical that Ash's Safari Balls had a perfect capture rate, Tauros has been a cool, though underutilized, addition to his roster, especially when he defeated Drake's Gengar in the Orange Championship, and it's hilarious that such a fierce, stampeding fighter has an anime voice like "MOOOO." Still, I never used Tauros much in the games, as he was too hard to find in Gen I, and I preferred his female (and more useful/cute) counterpart Miltank in later games. However, I do like the Tauros/Miltank dynamic and if they HAD to give us more stupid baby Pokemon, I wouldn't mind seeing one to connect the two. While a far cry from his glory days as one of RBY's most used Pokemon, Tauros has remained useful and cool throughout every Generation. Now if only one of Ash's Tauros could "accidentally" gore Misty in her ugly face.

215. Raikou Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 243)
As the second Legendary Beast in my rankings, Raikou was featured in a TV special, rather than a feature film, unlike its two counterparts. And "The Legend of Thunder" was such an across-the-board catastrophe in dubbing that it even made the first movie's dub look GOOD. (Whenever the anime calls it "Raikoo," and even in the Johto Pokerap where they don't but try to rhyme it with Porygon2, I cringe BTW.) Even without the hack-job dubbing, the Legend of Thunder really did NOTHING to make Raikou look like a cool Pokemon, almost exactly like how "Tower of the Unown" treated Entei. Unlike Entei, however, I have a major shortage of Raikou cards in real life, owning only two... and one of them is in Japanese. :( Regardless, I liked that Raikou was a pretty powerful Pokemon in battle, since most Electric-types back then weren't, yet my feelings are mixed because Raikou relies extensively on Hidden Power in competitive battles, making it almost impossible to use in-game. As for Raikou's basis, I think it's pretty obviously based on a tiger, what with the TIGER STRIPES, so I've never understood why people call them the Legendary "Dogs," and I even recolored Raikou to be my Sabretooth-Tiger Zord in a previous thread. Raikou is pretty cool overall, but its design is the most "busy" of the trio, with a lot of unnecessary extra frills, so Suicune wins as my favorite.

214. Tentacruel Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 73)
While Tentacool is the nightmare of any water-based Route, Tentacruel is far more laid back so it's not as beaten into my skull. And the design is certainly MUCH more interesting, with two pincers and a lot more tentacles to make it look menacing, especially when two tentacles are posed like arms as if to say, "I am not impressed." or "Bring it on!" Tentacruel was one of the strongest Poisons in RBY, and it's become OU in LATER games despite not being a textbook standard in terms of type or stat alignment. Good show, sir! In the anime, Tentacruel CAUSED 9/11 OMG in the episode "Tentacool and Tentacruel." I have to say it's funny that they temporarily banned the episode due to 9/11 yet left Tentacruel smashing a building in the OPENING ANIMATION AIRED WITH EVERY EPISODE. That episode was also notable because Misty ranted extensively about how much she loooooved Tentacruel for being "cute." WTF, bitch. Though I'm sure Misty fans loved it for fulfilling their Misty tentacle rape hentai fantasies. (P.S.: EW.) I won't hold Mistydemon's adoration against the otherwise-cool Tentacruel.

213. Nidoking Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 34)
Like Misty's dreams of tentacles, gay furry fanboys probably love them some Nidoking, but yuck I'd rather not ponder that further. There was even a cut scene in an episode where Cassidy, disguised as a Nidoqueen, nearly got some unwanted Nidoking lovin', lawl. Moving on from less talked about circles of this fandom, Nidoking is a pretty stereotypical male-only Pokemon, in that it has better Attack stats and worse Defenses; honestly, I'd love so much to see a reversal of this in Gen V, you have no idea. I prefer Nidoqueen over Nidoking because he was less common in Blue and I like girly Pokemon more, but I've used the pair together in any game they share, including Blue, Yellow, Silver and Diamond. He was also one of the few Kanto Pokemon that I never had cards for as a kid, until R_R bought me a Nidoking card when I got back into the TCG last year. <3 Overall, Nidoking is a pretty cool design who always looks like a strong fighter in his various appearance, and he gets bonus points for being purple, although I don't get the typing or why he (or Nidoqueen) evolves via Moon Stone.

212. Xatu Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 178)
Xatu is a rare case in which the flavor text of the Pokedex makes a Pokemon more interesting. I love the whole "one eye can see the future and the other sees the past" thing, particularly because it mentions South America for a real-world connection, but also for tying in with Xatu's totem pole design. Since Natu was so obscurely placed, I first saw Xatu when I fought Will and thought it had an intriguing design from the start. Also, since it was part Psychic, it got some use in the early days of GSC's battlebots, erroneously leading me to believe that Xatu was supposed to be good in battles; it IS a shame that the stats are so blah, because Xatu does have a decent movepool. It also got a starring episode in the anime that, like most Johto fillers, was pretty boring, but it did make me wonder just how exactly they came up with a name like "Xatu" and why it was pronounced like "Zatu." Overall, Xatu is a good, if not slightly forgettable, Pokemon that gets cool points for being one of Rhapsody's favorites and appearing on one of the earliest site banners.

211. Shuckle Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 213)
Shuckle is Generation II's most infamous "gimmick" Pokemon in battle, having the highest Defenses in the game with its other stats being among the most piss-poor, and thus it serves as a textbook definition of a "wall." Shuckle has a ton of issues, including a lack of recovery and set-damage moves and that horrible base HP, but people continue in vain to use it, including the joke Power Trick set in DP that forum idiots hailed as some sort of gamebreaker back in 2007. From a design aspect, I rather like Shuckle for being obliviously cute and bringing a fresh typing; while some incorrectly say it's a turtle due to the shell, it does have real-life bases. In GSC, Shuckle can hold a Berry and turn it into Berry Juice (which hilariously made Meowth gay for James in the anime) and then a Rare Candy; while this is too slow to be practical, I love little quirks that make a Pokemon unique like this. That trainer in Cianwood who gives you a Shuckle and then later accuses you of stealing it is a dumbass, though. It gets further cool points for having BOTH of its types represented in the TCG, which is uncommon.

Next time: the top 200 is determined. Highlight to view spoiler.
-Two trademark Pokemon of the admins found in the forum header.
-Three Pokemon owned by main characters in the anime.
-Five Flying-types and four Water-types altogether.
-Two Pokemon from Legendary trios. (the three birds, Suicune and Azelf remain.)
-The most forgettable Pokemon ever. (Clue: this is sarcasm.)

No Sinnoh Pokemon. 1 Johto, 4 Hoenn and 5 Kanto.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

We have always kind of had the image of Gastly we have today partly due to Pokemon Stadium, which came out only two yearss after Red and Green (in Japan.)

Also Raikou is my favorite of the legendary "beasts" of Johto. So your write up kinda irks me about it being useless in game. It has a decent learn set.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
Still, the anime prompted me to use Corphish in the anime

Lol. Sorry, just felt like pointing this out.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I can predict that...

OH NOES!!! ZOMG!!! LAPRAS IS OUT NEXT!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hooray for update! Also, for Shuckles write up, im surprised you didn't mention this awesome card. http://www.pokemontradingpost.com/image ... huckle.jpg

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Save the endangered species! (And by that, I mean Farfetch'd and Lapras and DEFINITELY NOT Pikachu.) Those are my three that I bet are out.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ZOMG PIKACHU NO!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Update Title: "GameFreak's Forgotten Rejects," referring to #205... just kidding! It's really about #203 and #201.

210. Wailord Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 321)
I pretty much never liked Wailord, thinking that its RS sprite was fugly and that the Pokemon was only the umpteenth shitty Water-type. Then Hot Skitty on Wailord Action became an Internet meme and, okay, that was funny but more due to Pokemon's weird breeding mechanics than anything on Wailord's part. I remember thinking it was lame that you needed Wailord to get to the Regis in RSE, but I didn't care much for the Regis so I never even bothered catching a Wailord in Generation III to get to them. Wailord even had a lame anime debut, laying sick and still in "Having a Wailord of a Time!" while the main plot of the episode was about Hoenn Starters with wildly different personalities from the main cast's.

But soon I saw Wailord's DP sprite and thought it was cute in a "HALP I'M A BEACHED WHALE :(" sort of way, and then sN0w became a Lite Four member. His favorite Pokemon is really Chansey, but she was already DM's "Pokemon," so Wailord became sN0w's "Pokemon" instead and, as such, I began to like Wailord. Still, it only really started to shine when I used one in Diamond, as it was super fun to slap on a Choice Scarf and Water Spout the hell out of enemies. Getting into the TCG further improved Wailord's status because it has some cute artwork, even though the TCG gives 180-200 HP to most Wailord for no particular reason, thereby making its cards really expensive. Altogether, Wailord is a Pokemon that I've done a surprising 180 on, since a number of factors over the years occurred to make me change my original opinion. It was a completely fresh idea in RSE and has been used well throughout the various canons.

209. Cloyster Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 91)
Cloyster is like Wailord in a way because its association with a Psypoke staff member affected my opinions of the Pokemon. At first, Cloyster was a Pokemon that was just "there"; it was okay, but nothing amazing and too hard to photograph in Pokemon Snap. Then TheKirbster became an administrator on the original psypoke.com back in 2000 and he and I just did NOT get along. I was still at the height of my "Neglected Pokemon RULE" stage and he was a serious competitive battler, with his favorite Pokemon being Cloyster, and we went at each other so much that I really began to hate Cloyster, particularly because I didn't get why it was so great compared to my favorites. However, Kirb and I soon became friends, after I realized he wasn't such a bad guy, and my view on Cloyster skyrocketed as well. I caught one in Silver and named it Kirby, and basically thought it was a cool Pokemon after that. Kirb needs to come back, BTW. ;(

Anyway, Cloyster was one of the most raped victims of the Special split, which was a recurring theme for Kanto Pokemon with bad HP but good Defense and Special in RBY. (See also: Exeggutor, Tangela, Magneton, etc.) As such, Cloyster after Gen I dies at the weakest Special moves ever, but remained usable due to its new main role of laying down Spikes and then using Explosion. However, in DP, other Pokemon have taken up this mantle more effectively, leaving Cloyster for the lower tiers. In general, I tend to prefer Special over Physical, so it's not surprising that I prefer some of Cloyster's fellow Ice-types over him. It was also easily THE worst Ice-type in the original string of TCG sets... seriously, look at the horrid Shellder and Cloyster Fossil cards and you'd be a liar to say that it's better than Lapras, Dewgong, Jynx or Articuno. Cloyster also greatly resembles a vagina, an ironic twist considering Kirb was gay. However, I do really like Cloyster overall, although not as much as I did in 2001, for having attitude and being a solid Pokemon in battles and in general.

208. Zapdos Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 145)
Since I think Zapdos is the most popular Legendary Bird, I'm sure that I'm pissing off some people now for eliminating it first. Don't worry, I do think that Zapdos is pretty cool, as it has a very effective design and coloring to emulate its Electric/Flying-typing, but it's usually portrayed as angry and... well, you guys should know by now that angry isn't really my style. I think the problem I have with the design (besides the madface) is that the "lightning" wings don't really look intimidating and they don't even match with the style of the other two Birds. Zapdos was also the most secluded of the Legendary Birds, which was annoying, because Moltres was in a required Dungeon and it was just a quick Surf east from Cinnabar to get Articuno. Still, it's undeniable that Zapdos is the most useful of the three in battle; from RBY, where it was unique for getting Drill Peck while Articuno and Moltres didn't, to its role as a utility Pokemon and Special Attacker in DP, Zapdos is one of the select few Pokemon who has remained OU in EVERY single Generation so far, and that earns my respect. Still, Zapdos doesn't have a lot of personal significance to me, since I've used it the least in the games, it was too rare in the TCG (although I did get this lovely present from Krisp one day) and it was even the last of the Birds to appear in the regular anime, so that's why it goes out first. Good Pokemon, but not a top personal favorite.

207. Swellow Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 277)
After two Generations of early-game birds that sucked in battle, GameFreak finally gave us Swellow in Gen III. Even though its stats were as bad as its predecessors', they're better distributed, with Swellow having monster Speed, good Attack and Guts, an ability that is FAR better than Keen Eye. Granted, Swellow needs a status effect and Facade to really wreck opponents, so GameFreak didn't perfect the idea of a fully competent early-bird Pokemon until Staraptor. Still, Swellow kicked so much more ass than previous birds, and this was demonstrated well in the anime when Ash's Taillow evolved. His Pidgeotto and Noctowl were basically balloon poppers, but Swellow was a badass who took on any opponent and usually won, even though sometimes Dues Ex Machina came into play, like the "Thunder Armor" bullshit in the Tate/Liza battle. Still, I appreciate Swellow for its ability to kick ass and, like Taillow, it has much more vibrant colors like blue and red than its brown and tan predecessors, giving it a unique and cool look among the bird-based Pokemon.

206. Pidgeotto Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 17)
After just ranting about how great Swellow was, it'll probably look a bit weird to follow up with Pidgeotto. And I'll be completely upfront in saying that Pidgeotto is this high mainly due to nostalgia. Even though Ash's Pidgeotto was utilized horribly in the anime, I did see him catch Pidgeotto in the first episode that I ever watched, and thought it was a generally cool Pokemon. I really loved Pidgeotto's voice, which sounds bird-like but triumph and powerful, so 4Kids really did the right thing in keeping the Japanese voice. And, because Yellow was my first Pokemon cartridge, I always spent SO much time looking for a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest in that game so that I could emulate Ash's team. I thought it was awesome that you could catch a Level 9 Pidgeotto because 1) Pidgey doesn't evolve until later than that and 2) it was way stronger than anything else at that point. In closing, Pidgeotto is definitely one of the best middle evolutions and is definitely NOT a card-carrying victim of "Middle Evolution Syndrome." In fact, I think Pidgeotto is MORE badass than Pidgeot because its hair isn't as ridiculous.

205. Pikachu Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 25)
Here it is: Pikachu, the face of the entire franchise. And, unlike other extremely popular Pokemon such as Charizard, I really don't have any disdain for this one. I first want to talk about Pikachu's role as the mascot of the Pokemon series in general. To be honest, it is kind of a weird choice; in original games, before the series blew up, Pikachu is just an ordinary first stage Pokemon that had little to make it "special." I actually LIKE that our mascot isn't some stupidly overpowered brute, such as Mewtwo, since that would be the EASY thing to do. Instead, the three companies who own the franchise did NOT go that route and selected an ordinary Pokemon like Pikachu to show how any of the creatures can be "strong." Additionally, Pikachu was chosen between it appeals equally to both genders, as it's cute but can also shoot electricity out of its body, and this is a brilliant move from a marketing standpoint. Overall, I don't really GET how a Pokemon fan can hate Pikachu just because it's the "most famous" Pokemon. Shouldn't Pikachu's incredible status/celebrity be CELEBRATED by the fandom as symbol of how successful our favorite series IS? I love the Pokemon franchise so much that hating on the "main character" would feel like a slap in the face.

Let's not kid ourselves, though: the anime plays a HUGE role in Pikachu's popularity. And the most ironic thing? The rumor is that it was a last minute decision to go with Pikachu as Ash's first Pokemon, with the original plan for him to start with CLEFAIRY like Red did in the manga. To be honest, I don't think the series would be as successful if Clefairy were the mascot because it doesn't appeal as equally to boys and girls as Pikachu does. Ash's Pikachu in the anime, for the most part, is the serious and determined partner to the serious and determined lead character, though it does have funny moments such as impersonating other Pokemon. While Ash's Pikachu was infuriating though the Kanto League for his tendency to pull bullshit victories out of his ass, there's no doubt that both Ash and Pikachu have developed into genuinely strong and competent fighters over the years and the show would NOT be the same without either one of them. As an aside, I'd like to comment on Pikachu's voice. Ikue Ohtani has always provided Pikachu's voice; it originally started out cutesy, but over the years it's become a little more strained and can grate on my nerves a lot easier. However, I am AMAZED that this woman can act with such conviction despite being limited to the word "Pikachu." Kudos, Ms. Ohtani.

With Ash's Pikachu at the forefront of the series EXPLODING, Pikachu's status only naturally grew over time. For example, it has the most TCG cards of any Pokemon (discounting Unown for obvious reasons), with 75 different artworks** as of this writing and two entire nine-card collections dedicated to JUST PIKACHU, one of which I just imported from Japan. Pikachu has even become surprising decent in battles, thanks to its unique held item, the Light Ball, which doubles Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack. I don't care how overrated you think Pikachu is, somebody who SERIOUSLY uses one in competitive battles and BEATS SOMETHING WITH IT is a badass. Pikachu's popularity also has brought a "Pikachu clone" with each Generation, including Pichu, Plusle and Minun, and Pachirisu (who isn't one, but that's a rant for another time). Pikachu's importance was also recognized as a starting character in every Super Smash Bros. installment, and I won't lie: Pikachu was my main in the original just because it was PIKACHU, and I didn't even know that it was the top tier character of the game! There will NEVER be a Pokemon game, anime, card series, manga or movie without Pikachu and for that it gets my respect. In short, I really appreciate Pikachu for what it's done to series, and it was briefly my favorite Pokemon when I was just starting out. I think that was probably the case for a lot of people, so I feel that it should embraced instead of bandwagon hating against Pikachu just for being "the one."

** - What I find funny is that, despite having SO MANY DIFFERENT PIKACHU CARDS, the TCG has YET to allow Tomokazu Komiya to defile the face of the franchise by letting him draw Pikachu. HILARIOUS.

204. Suicune Image
(Generation: II; National Dex: 245)
Suicune is easily the best of the Legendary Beasts in battle, having the PERFECT distribution of the Legendary Beasts' base stats to serve its purpose. Unlike Entei or Raikou, the worst base number is wasted on a stat Suicune doesn't care about, and it's pretty much the textbook "Bulky Water" due to its great HP, Defenses, Calm Mind and Rest, with "CMcune" being a staple in Gen III and beyond. Suicune is also more important to the story than the other two, since it gets special treatment in both Crystal and HGSS, but MAN Eusine was freaking annoying in HGSS! How many times did we REALLY need "Suicune rushes by, and then Eusine appears out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE and proceeds to comment idly and do nothing!"? It also played roles in the fourth movie and a couple of Johto episodes, none of which I saw. Suicune's flavor text describes it as the "embodiment of the Northern wind," so it could have just as easily worked as a Flying-type and it's kind of a shame that it's not, but its ability to purify water does nicely explain its real type. Suicune's design is also the most impressive and the coolest of the trio, with none of Entei's blandness nor Raikou's unnecessary frills; it is a great mix of white, blue and purple, looking both majestic and powerful, and the "collar" on its back reinforces the windy aspect. Unlike the other two cat-based Beasts, Suicune does strike me as more of a wolf design, however. It is a great Pokemon all-around, but I just like others more.

203. Farfetch'd Image
(Generation: I; National Dex: 83)
Farfetch'd is one of the worst Pokemon ever, sporting base 65 as its best stat and going downhill from there, including a horrible movepool and abilities. Of course, the fandom has wanted a Farfetch'd evolution, such as a Fighting/Flying-type samurai, for years now but, since they've instead elected to evolve things like Rhydon, Farfetch'd evolving is about as likely as getting Rooskhan, i.e. not. But don't worry! They gave it the STICK in GSC and BATON PASS in Stadium 2 to make up for its suckage! Waw waw. In spite of its fecklessness, Farfetch'd is a great wild duck design that balances cuteness and badassery, including the creative leek sword. It's also a trade-exclusive Pokemon in Red/Blue, an aspect of the games that I miss, but you're ironically better off with the Spearow. In addition to a hilariously cross-eyed R/B sprite, Farfetch'd is best remembered for being a Haymaker staple back in the day, even though I think that card kind of sucks. Overall, Farfetch'd is an effective, likable and memorable Pokemon... except, perhaps, to GameFreak themselves, who continue to sweep it under the rug.

202. Wingull Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 278)
Wingull was introduced as an alternate "early game bird," being Water/Flying-type and more Special-based than usual birds. It's apparently pretty common in Hoenn, but I like having a cute common Pokemon and I certainly don't remember it being as OBNOXIOUS as Zigzagoon. I used Wingull on my first Sapphire run just because I liked Water Pokemon and Wingull seemed like it could be useful with HMs; it was actually pretty decent in-game, but I knew even back then that it'd suck in competitive battles. Wingull is probably most famous for its association with Mr. Briney, since you have to rescue his Wingull, Peeko, from Team ___ and bring her home, and they even appeared in the anime, where Wingull was adorable. To be honest, I don't know why he's so ecstatic just to have a SEAGULL back in his house, but maybe senility is a wonderful thing. Wingull isn't that notable, but I favor underrated cute Pokemon, so that's why it's this high.

201. Delcatty Image
(Generation: III; National Dex: 301)
Delcatty is pretty much Farfetch'd's "Hoenn replacement" in terms of being a forgotten reject. There is absolutely no reason for Delcatty to be as BAD as it is and, like Farfetch's amazing "Stick," attempts to improve it have been laughable at best. Delcatty's stats range from base 55 to 70, which is a true shame because its movepool is too great to be wasted on stats that most Starters' MIDDLE stages dwarf. In Gen IV, GameFreak gave Delcatty the sick joke known as Normalize, which is most unintentionally bad ability EVER: it gives Delcatty STAB on everything at the price of HAVING NO MOVE COVERAGE and NEVER BEING ABLE TO HIT GHOSTS, EVER. What. the. hell? They must really fucking hate Delcatty, which drives me insane because I love cats, Delcatty retains much of Skitty's cuteness, and it has some ADORABLE TCG artwork, but its miserable battle performance knocks it out of the top 200. It is definitely one of my top choices to receive an evolution since, like Togetic before Generation IV, there is so much MORE potential in Delcatty that is waiting to come out.

20 entries. 46 days until BW. cAn I fInIsH tHeSe RaNkInGs In TiEm?!/1?1?1?/ Highlight to view spoiler.
-Genders.
-Three Bug-types, four Flying-types.
-Four Pokemon owned by anime leads.
-The favorite Pokemon of a moderator.
-A Pokemon who has always been OU tier.

3 Kanto, 2 Johto, 2 Hoenn, 3 Sinnoh.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next