It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokemon VG Rules Thread 
Lite Four
Lite Four

October 1 - FROST SAYS:
People, stop hotlinking pictures of the new Pokemon from Serebii and other sites. Those are not your images to steal at will. Just leave the link of the picture and users can click on those to see the new Pokemon. We've seen a ton of hotlinking in the past few days and we will be turning all hotlinks from Serebii, Pokebeach, etc. into regular links. Using Photobucket, Imageshacks and whatever else, however, is okay.

1) Spamming
No spamming. No posting of non-constructive comments on threads that have been inactive for several weeks. This includes making ridiculous threads that can be answered by looking at the Psydex or main site.

2) Flaming
Just like in the other forums, no flaming or senseless arguing is allowed in the forums.

3) Polling
Look in the other forums to see if a particular poll has already been posted. Repeated polls will simply be deleted.

4) Requesting trades
This should be done in the trading thread and ONLY the trading thread. Any posts asking for a trade in a random thread will be deleted and should be ignored.

5) READ ALL THE STICKIES.
Self explanatory.

Psypoke's policy on cheating:
Psypoke allows the use of Pokesav, Action Replay, etc. to be discussed, requested for trades, and all of the above. Do NOT post in an Action Replay thread "durr cheating iz bad y do u do it". It'll be counted as and dealt with as spam. If you receive a "hacked" Pokemon in a trade with a user on this forum, I'm sorry, but we can't and won't do anything about it.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Please try to stay on the subject of the topic. If you have another question just post a new topic.

5) Asking the same question again and again (applies to pretty much to all game forums (RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG and this one)
Before posting a new topic about something, please check on the Site or check for a similar topic first.
It gets pretty annoying when something like: Where's the Dig TM? Where's Raikou?, etc. comes up, where you can easily find answers like that in the Psydex, Item Locations and TM/HM Locations. (as soon as there are Pearl and Diamond info).

If you see someone spamming or want a topic to be locked, please PM the moderators of that forum instead of posting in the topic.

Important Topics:
All the polls
Anti-Spamming Tips
Board Features
Forum FAQs
Introduce Yourself!
Spamming

Gamewise Important Topics:
Official RBY Team Rating Thread
~Official GSC Rating Center~
The Rating Center
Trainer's Guide

{raichu}{latias}

Last edited by RaichuLatias on Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Having two topics about rules was sorta annoying me. ;(

<center>WHERE TO POST</center>

I've realised most discussions on the Diamond/Pearl Forum are a bit messed up with off-topic replies. Its probably due to the reason the games haven't yet been released and people want to post their opinions on what should the new features be. Unfortunately, some topics are completely away from the original idea and I fear I'll eventually have to lock them.

Thinking about this, I've decided to open this topic, so you people can know where to post your opinions. When replying to a topic remember to read the first page, so you can know what it is about.

1) "I want the new region to be like this and that, and I would like to see some new pok

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:58 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hello, everyone!

I'd just like to say one or two things regarding the games and how I'm reacting to new topics started in this section, considering lots of people over the internet have bought the Japanese versions and are already coming out with Walkthroughs and random comments about Pearl and Diamond.

Locking Topics

First thing is, I've seen a few people wondering why some apparently "pointless" topics are still opened while information here and there has already given the answer to the thread's main discussion subject. Why haven't I locked the topic yet? Mainly because, unless that information was confirmed by Nintendo or whatever company is in charge of the Pokémon games, I cannot take it as the true and say "we already know what happens, topic locked". I cannot assure that the information is accurate. What if it is fake or some false rumour somone started out and it's now spreading over the internet as confirmed? There's no way to sort it out unless Nintendo themselves say it is so. Besides, I'm not entirely into the Pearl and Diamond news, so I can't judge myself the accuracy of the information members insist is correct, and I have to rely on other sources to make it out.

Second, maybe what we are discussing has already been confirmed, but it might still be an interesting subject of discussion, so why should I lock that topic? If we can still talk about it, give our opinions and thoughts, why put an end to the fun? I will only lock a thread like that if an user has necromanced with a SPAM. Otherwise, no, it will remain opened. So don't insist.

Release Dates and Walkthroughs

Something else I would like to say. I know we are all excited about the games' release date looming, but please try to stay calm. Don't bother opening topics asking when it is coming out, because if Nintendo hasn't yet published the date there is no way we will know. All we have are speculation and most likely dates for the release. And, still about our excitment, I know some of you want to provide help and assistance, but try to restrain yourselves when you talk about Walkthroughs. It is a bit annoying when you insist on that matter. You are more than free to make your own Walkthrough and send it to Psypoke, so we might even make a guide out of it and everything, but please don't insist on "hey, site 'A' has a Walkthrough while Psypoke hasn't, blah blah blah, here's a link for it". Honestly, if people want a Walkthrough, they may simple Google/Altavista/*insert Search site name here* it, and no, we are not using someone else's work because that is stealing: when we have it we will make it available for our members to use.

Keep an eye on the Latest News (for Pokémon Pearl/Diamond) thread, perhaps a member will display the information when they have it.

If I have anything else to say I'll add it in. If anyone has questions or comments, please feel free to PM me. ;)

IMPORTANT: The offical release date for the US is April 22nd. For more information, please check out this thread.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

The posts in this thread are really old, but still apply. I just edited sN0wBaLL's post to include more recent things.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:28 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]