It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trading to Pearl/Diamond 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This might be in the wronge section, but here goes...

My question is, which pokemon will you be trading to P/D, from E/FR/LF, if and when you get a copy of P/D? Because I know some of us have run into shiny's and/or have super cool or strong pokemon, and you want them to live on and be active.

Well, I'll be trading my {gardevoir} *shiny*{seviper} {milotic} *shiny*{gyarados} {tropius} {mew} (got mew from going to New York, and I don't wanna go back!) {mewtwo}(maybe) and possibly some others, but these are my favourites right now.

Join the Team Today!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ill definetly move my {blissey}, {gengar}, {tyranitar}, {dragonite} to it. Also ill get the one that has {sneasel} and the 4 legged new legendarie.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:17 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

im transfering almost every pokemon ive got, they all have high levels

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would just transfer my team, nothing else. It all depends how fast transferring my pokemon takes. If it takes forever to just get one little pokemon onto it, I couldn't be bothered.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I probably wouldn't trade one of my best onto it. Since the transfer is one way and once you transfer them... You can't transfer them back...

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I probably wouldn't trade one of my best onto it. Since the transfer is one way and once you transfer them... You can't transfer them back...
Where did you hear this :shock: ? I seriously doubt that transfer will be only one way.

Anyway, I'll be transfering my squad ({venusaur}, {gyarados}, {zapdos}, {mewtwo}, {groudon} and {rayquaza}) over to my Pearl for online battles.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i would transfer my ( and these are all shineys )

{kyogre} {groudon} {rayquaza} {deoxys} {latios} {latias}

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

kryten2x4b wrote:
Where did you hear this :shock: ? I seriously doubt that transfer will be only one way.

Anyway, I'll be transfering my squad ({venusaur}, {gyarados}, {zapdos}, {mewtwo}, {groudon} and {rayquaza}) over to my Pearl for online battles.

It has been confirmed by Nintendo that it is only one way.

So you transfer them.... You can't get them back. They're stuck on D/P forever

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gyarados wrote:
kryten2x4b wrote:

It has been confirmed by Nintendo that it is only one way.

So you transfer them.... You can't get them back. They're stuck on D/P forever
You got any evidence to prove Nintendo officially confirmed this?

Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wouldn't lie about it because I think it sucks too.

But if some evidence would make your newbie mind feel better then here you are.

Pe2K.com wrote:
Once you have transferred the Pokemon to Diamond/Pearl, you can not transfer them back to your GBA game, so choose carefully.

They wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Accept it.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:50 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

God, Nintendo can't organise a p**s-ip in a brewery!

First the crappy baby Pokemon, then the messed-up new attack/spec. attack system, now this. Are they ever going to get anything right?

Surely it wouldn't have been that hard to find a way of transmitting the Pokemon back. They'd better include the legendaries in D/P, as I'm never giving away my prize Rayquaza.

What next? No battles? Replace Pokeballs with tiddlywinks? Please, Nintendo, do something right!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll be transfering my entire, full pokedex across. why? because i'm a pokemon collector and need to. (they better have some kind of diploma for a full 'dex again :evil: )

The rarer the pokemon, the less likely you are to find it in the new park though. So i'm going to send across Mewtwo, feebas, Celebii, Jirachi, rayquaza and Mew first so that they are only pokemon in the area. Then the 3 birds and 3 dogs. i'll work my way down like that untill, with the last 6 ill send the most common. (probably zubat, rattata, tentacool, magikarp, zigzagoon and goldeen)

I tend to stop playing previous pokemon games when a new one comes out, so i wont be that bothered that my Emerald game is useless.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well since the recent emerald cloning thing happened, you can do that trick on emerald and transfer your clone copies to pearl/diamond. Problem solved.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well since the recent emerald cloning thing happened, you can do that trick on emerald and transfer your clone copies to pearl/diamond. Problem solved.

You beat me to it, but exactly what you said.
Trade to Emerald>Clone>Transfer ONE to P/D>keep the clone/original>Voila.
There's no way I'm going to permanently lose all my Pokemon from the Advanced Gen, where some will get screwed up in the Jewel (that's what I'm calling them for now, so shut up kthxbai) Generation, like my precious Raikou's special attacks turning physical.
Just about the only things I will transfer are favorites, stupid hatched Pokemon that are taking up my Emerald's boxes, and the like.

-Gardevoir~

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

*Sigh* Why don't you just accept it?

I wouldn't lie about it because I think it sucks too.

But if some evidence would make your newbie mind feel better then here you are.

Pe2K.com wrote:
Once you have transferred the Pokemon to Diamond/Pearl, you can not transfer them back to your GBA game, so choose carefully.

They wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Accept it.
Aren't you the polite one? I'm not saying I don't accept it I just needed to know for sure if it was true, and you've given me the evidience I needed so thank you. Oh, I may be a "newbie" on this forum but I've been a member on other forums for long enough to not instantly believe any **** that any old member says without proof first, even if it is a mister 'I've got loads of posts so I'm always right' like yourself :wink: .

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok, well check this link gyrados and look at the 4th Generation Requirement section and read on.
http://lolstop/diamondpearl/3rdgentrade.shtml

Ok, well the way I see it is that both Kryten and you Gyardos might be right. It says in the article that it looks like the transfering is permant, BUT it's not yet confirmed, so yea it might go both ways.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:24 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The rarer the pokemon, the less likely you are to find it in the new park though. So i'm going to send across Mewtwo, feebas, Celebii, Jirachi, rayquaza and Mew first so that they are only pokemon in the area. Then the 3 birds and 3 dogs. i'll work my way down like that untill, with the last 6 ill send the most common. (probably zubat, rattata, tentacool, magikarp, zigzagoon and goldeen)

There are probably going to be other pokemon that you can catch in the part not just the ones you transfer over otherwise all everyone would have to do would be to trade them one at a time to get everything they want easily.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

+ Many of you have been saying that you can't wait to move your strong Pokemon from your R/S/E/FR/LG games to Diamond and Pearl. Well, I have some news that might upset you. In order to get the National Dex to move those strong Pokemon over, you have to complete your Shinto Dex completely. This is a big inconvience for many people. I hope that it will be a bit easier to get all the Pokemon. The number of Pokemon needed to complete the Shinto Dex is not confirmed as of today.

sad. in a interview, the guy who created pokemon said that they'res more pokmeon in shinou than any other place. maybe it will be easier to get the new pokemon.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:25 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

If they have any of those stupid event Pokemon needed for the Shinou dex, I will fly-kick my DS.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It wont be too bad if there are event pokemon as long as they are tickets etc. that you get from the event not just the pokemon itself as you can just mix records with someone over the net who has the ticket or whatever it is to get your own.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:39 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You can't trade from emerald to Shinou until the dex is completed, according to the latest news thingy.

Anyway, I think you can only link emerald with it. RuSa and FrLg were incompatable with Pokemon Dash, as far as I know.

The good news: It IS compatable w/ XD for Game Cube. So, you can probably trade from EmSaRRu and FrLg to XD, and then trade to DP. Of course, you may need to complete the dex to hook up w/ XD. Oh, and complete the E4 to get the National Dex.

Sorry for Bad News!
Oh, and on top of that, It won't come out until February, the Earliest, according to Smogon (They say Spring, but some say that End of February is sometimes considered Spring).

Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:41 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

...Emerald was made AFTER Dash came out. RSFRLG are compatible with it. >_<
How it connects to XD; that's what I want to know.
stupid Nintendo...gaah, I'm going to FORCE one of my friends to get Pearl so I can get the exclusives to complete the stupid Dex. But, it really wouldn't be fair:
Five days after you get the game (hypothetically, let's say it comes out April 2nd and you get it April 17th), you look for a battle on Wifi. Your party is in the mid-20's, while your battle opponent has six freaking legendaries at lv 100. I think I see where they're coming from, but it's still a pain for fair players who just want to transfer well-trained Pokemon not used purely for beating the crap out of defenseless new players.

-Gardevoir~

Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll be transferring most Pokemon that are unavaiable on Shinou to my cart. But I will not be transferring much of my other carts' powerful Pokemon (I mean as in at least Lv 70, EV trained etc). I'd rather have a bunch of carts containing a few extremely powerful monsters rather than ditching my old carts just to strengthen a new, more popular cart, if that's the case.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It was stated that you actually catch the pokemon at a lower level when you transfer them, I am guessing this will basicall turn out like catching that pokemon naturally on the old games but in D/P, as far as it looks at the moment even if you trade over a level 70 Alakazam for example, the way i see it you should catch a low level Abra as they are trying to stop people from transfering over high level pokemon and running around on the servers beating everyone so early after the games releases.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:32 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Is anyone forgetting the WiFi internet trading? You don't have to force friends to get it. Just connect. I hope you can chat, telling them that it is only temporary.

Also, goldenquagsire mentioned a "messed-up new attack/spec. attack system". What does he mean?

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next