It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pokemon Over Level 100 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post lol
i used my original master ball on a lv. 197 {starmie} and i had loads of master balls because of the multiplication trick so i used all of em on legendaries

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:27 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

SneakySneasel wrote:
i used my original master ball on a lv. 197 {starmie} and i had loads of master balls because of the multiplication trick so i used all of em on legendaries

You can't get level 197 Starmies. They do not exist in-game. Oh, and there are only 4 legendaries, not counting Mew, in RBY. And I belive that you get many more than 4 Master Balls via the duplication trick.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

goldenquagsire wrote:
SneakySneasel wrote:

You can't get level 197 Starmies. They do not exist in-game. Oh, and there are only 4 legendaries, not counting Mew, in RBY. And I belive that you get many more than 4 Master Balls via the duplication trick.

FYI: In the Kanto generation (RBY) you can. Along the missingno strip, you can get a whole lot of Pokes over level 100. It all depends on the name you choose at the start, I think. The maximum level a Poke can be is 255 [rare candy only] I think...

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

DragonPhoenix wrote:
goldenquagsire wrote:
[color=gold]
SneakySneasel wrote:

FYI: In the Kanto generation (RBY) you can. Along the missingno strip, you can get a whole lot of Pokes over level 100. It all depends on the name you choose at the start, I think. The maximum level a Poke can be is 255 [rare candy only] I think...

Oh. I've never tried those glitches, but I never knew that you could get past level 100! Wouldn't it break the game or something?[/color]

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

No, the Pokemon will "level up" and suddenly it's level 100 again. Catching such Pokemon will mess up game data, however. My entire Hall of Fame got scrambled up and I lost an entire box of Pokemon.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If I may continue that off topic discussion, I once caught a level 117 Starmie, then fought a level 0 Missingno. After I killed it, the game said Starmie gained 0 Exp. Points. Then it "grew" from level 117 to level 100.

Let's recap:
I caught a PkMn that you can only get via a stone IN THE WILD, it was level 117, then it battled a level 0 Missingno, and with the huge sum of 0 Exp. Points it GREW from level 117 to level 100!!!! That is SO wrong on so many levels that I just had to share it....

Anyway, back on topic, I already knew how valuable the Master Ball was due to the fact that I watched my friend play his Red version for a few months before I got my Yellow version, however for some handi-capable reason, I used it on Articuno instead of Mewtwo. I deserved to have my head slammed in a door for that one. I learned that you can't catch Mewtwo with friggin' Ultra Balls. It...just...won't....work! Boy was I retarded!

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When you get a pokemon that is above 100, give it Rare Candies.
It takes awhile, but if you give it loads of Rare Candies, your pokemon will reach level 0, and you can train it to level 1 with beginning stats. THIS IS NO JOKE!!! But if it gets exp. in a battle when it's above 100, it goes to Lv.100.

On topic, I used my Master ball on good old Mewtwo :D

Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

sN0wBaLL wrote:
No, the Pokemon will "level up" and suddenly it's level 100 again. Catching such Pokemon will mess up game data, however. My entire Hall of Fame got scrambled up and I lost an entire box of Pokemon.
can you only get 3 over lv. 100 pkmn??/ well anyway.. on topic... i used the three i found (starmie, rhydon and articuno) in pkmn league and my hall of fame was fine and my pkmn boxes were also fine (however i had leveled them off to lv. 100 before)

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wait...you found an Articuno that was over 100?! I have never heard of that before...you're pretty lucky, SneakySneasle. All I ever found were Electrodes and Starmies. :(

Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, I know this is going terribly off-topic, but I didn't know anywhere else to put this. There can only be 3 pokemon that you catch that are over level 100. It all depends on the name you choose at the start, and that this name also decides what level the pokes will appear at.

http://glitchcity.ath.cx/misc/namegen

That link would help you choose your name at the start. And remember that the maximum level your pokemon can be is 255, so I'd recommend using them in link battles only. (I'm not sure about the resetting to level 0 thing, but just don't go over 255). That way you won't waste all those hours giving your pokes rare candies.

[[Just so this topic doesn't turn into a glitch FAQ, my first masterball was on a Zapdos. But I had 129 of them, so whatever. BTW you CAN catch Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball, I did it]]

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Alright, I've decided to split this entire chunk of posts about Pokemon with levels higher than 100 into a whole new topic. Let the Master Ball topic be on-topic again :P

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When you get a pokemon that is above 100, give it Rare Candies.
It takes awhile, but if you give it loads of Rare Candies, your pokemon will reach level 0, and you can train it to level 1 with beginning stats. THIS IS NO JOKE!!! But if it gets exp. in a battle when it's above 100, it goes to Lv.100.

Try it sometime, it's fully sick.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If I may continue that off topic discussion, I once caught a level 117 Starmie, then fought a level 0 Missingno. After I killed it, the game said Starmie gained 0 Exp. Points. Then it "grew" from level 117 to level 100.

Let's recap:
I caught a PkMn that you can only get via a stone IN THE WILD, it was level 117, then it battled a level 0 Missingno, and with the huge sum of 0 Exp. Points it GREW from level 117 to level 100!!!! That is SO wrong on so many levels that I just had to share it....

Anyway, back on topic, I already knew how valuable the Master Ball was due to the fact that I watched my friend play his Red version for a few months before I got my Yellow version, however for some handi-capable reason, I used it on Articuno instead of Mewtwo. I deserved to have my head slammed in a door for that one. I learned that you can't catch Mewtwo with friggin' Ultra Balls. It...just...won't....work! Boy was I retarded!

I caught Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball. Just put him to sleep and lowered his health. I caught Moltres with a Great Ball. Should I use my Master on Articuno? The whole idea of a Master Ball is quite silly, you don't need it to win or anything.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Training with Sojiro the tenkin to become the ultimate sword master
I used my master ball on Mewtwo. I just caught all the missingno's and other plus level 100's with ultra balls.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:27 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere i have no idea where... oh look thers a unicorn
on my first ever file and game on pokemon blue i used my masterball on a lv 117 charzard i found

SHINY SHIFTRY
SHINY MIGHTYEENA
SHINY MEGANIUM
SHINY GOLDBAT
SHINY CROBAT
SHINY LATIOS - HACKED
SHINY GOLEM
SHINY HO - OH - HACKED
SHINY MILOTIC - HACKED
SHINY DARKRAI - 100 - HACKED
SHINY KYOGRE - MAKING 100 BUT AROUND 60 NOW - HACKED

IM NOT JOKING AND NOW LOOKING FOR MORE SHINY
STUFF

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

On my older games, I always used my Masterball on Mewtwo. I just started a new game on yellow and plan to use missingno to duplicate my Masterball. Hopefully, it'll work so I can use it to catch Mew as well. Is the Lv 7 Mew as hard to catch as legendaries? Just wondering...

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once I caught a MissingNo. and i used rare candies and it evolved into something (i can't remember what) and i got it to lvl 231 with a gameshark and rare candies

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well, in rby, there were pokemon above level 100. I mostly remember there being golbats and gravelers above it. Along with a couple water pokemon. I never saw a starmie.

Join the Cerise Island Pokemon forums! Users can buy their own items, partciipate in an mmorpg, guilds, create their own blog, and tons of other unique features. All with a great people and an active community.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Is the Lv 7 Mew as hard to catch as legendaries? Just wondering...

No,its not although its harder than normal lvl 7's(i still caught it with a normal poke ball though :) )

Man...Swampert20 is talented... ^^ Look at that!

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i got lv 255 pokemon with gameshark

lol mine screw up my pokemon yellow.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Post ...
It IS possible to catch pokemon over lv100 along the missingno strip but as already stated they almost always evolve after a single battle, also the glitch seems to only choose 1 random pokemon to be over lv100. I ended my first game with a team of 6 lv151 Mewtwos that didn't evolve after their first fight for some reason...

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i one used rare candy's to level up my mew2 to lv100 but i just kept giving it more rare candys and then i saved and turned off and when i started my gb back on i had all level 999 pokemon but i had lost all my money and items which sucks and every time one of my pokemon got exp it went back to level 1 :cry:

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The lvl 7 Mew obtained through his glitch is easy to catch. I caught him with a Poke Ball.

The Pokemon that you find above lvl 100 on the Cinnabar strip depend on your name, there are only 3 different kinds, and I haven't worked with my lvl 141 Golduck - yet.

You should NOT TRY THIS ON A YELLOW GAME. I have heard AWFUL THINGS HAPPEN.

The highest Lvl a Pokemon can attain, even with cheats, is 255, because 255 in hexadecimal is FF.

And, you can find wild Raichus and Wigglytuffs in Cerulean Cave, which are perfectly normal.

For more info on this go to "The Missingno Files" by bobashotmace.
I hope I didn't go off topic with this :oops:

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next