It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sylveon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Guess what! There's a new Pokémon announced: Ninfia.
It's a new eeveelution. Any thoughts on what its type may be?
anyone else think it looks like victini?

Last edited by DragoBoy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What do you think about the new Eeveelution Ninfia?

I can't imagine the its type, but since all the Eeveelutions have the color of its type maybe we'll see a Flying-type.

So far, Eevee evolves with stones, happiness, and location. Maybe this time we have evolution by gender or maybe something new.

"

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ermagherd, it looks horrible!!!
I'd say dragon (???) or normal.
And yes, the face look like victini.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Not only they make a new, uneccessary (for me) Eeveelution, its design is also kinda average-ish.
I think it's Normal, Dragon or Fighting.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I really don't know where people are getting Dragon or Fighting from. I can kind of understand why people think it's Flying because of the floaty ribbon things that extend from its bows, but let's be real guys... the design of every previous Eeveelution revealed its typing about as subtly as a brick to the face. Yeah, cases like Altaria exist where the Pokemon doesn't necessarily look like its types, but considering the Eevee family's own history, it'd probably look draconic, undead, insectoid, earthy, robotic, venomous or would have boxing gloves if it were any of those other types. Hence, it's most likely Normal.

Also it's girly and adorable and I likes it. <3

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, if this does follow the old pattern, it's probably normal indeed. I wonder what could its English name be?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not impressed. It is too cutsey wootsy for my liking.

Im gonna put my vote in and say its Normal, and it evolves by either lvl up or trade, Since Eevee already evolves by Stone, Time of day, and lvl up in a certain location.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that it's probably a normal type.

It's japanesse name, Ninfia, has the same ending as Glacia and Leaia, Glaceon's and Leafeon's japanesse names.
Glac from Glacial, and Leaf. So what's Ninf?

As for evolution method, I think the most likely case is a new one.
Here's why:
Gen1 had only 3 ways to evolve: lvl up, trade, and evolution stones
Gen2 introduced the night/day system as well as happiness. Trading with an item was also used.
Gen3 had no new eeveelutions or new evolution methods.
Gen 4: knowing a certain move, specific area, and lvl up while holding an item at day/night.
Gen5 had no new eeveelutions or new evolution methods.
(obviously there are special cases with other evolution methods, but these are the main methods)

The bold text is the ways that eeveelutions are evolved. Notice how each Gen only uses one of the methods introduced. Also notice that the two Gens that did not introduce a new method did not have any new eeveelutions.
Does this imply a new method(s) of evolution?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 am
THE POWER IS ON!

DragoBoy wrote:
Gen3 had no new evolution methods.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ninfeon will probably be Normal.
And Drago, no. It doesn't look like Victini. Tini could pull off the white/blue eyes because of its body size, style, and its teeth make it seem like a force to be reckoned with, as it naturally is.
On Ninfia, the eyes make it look like a chupracabra.

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Every eeveelution has the color of its type:
Vaporeon: blue
Jolteon: yellow
Flareon: red
Espeon: lilac
Umbreon: black
Leafeon: green
Glaceon: light-blue
Maybe the color show a clue about its type.

About evolution, i think would be by gender. If i'm right, Ninfia it's based on Nymphs. These are females, so i think Ninfia will be too.
And if you see, ninfia really looks like a female.

"

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This sounds dreadful, considering that Eevee only has a 12.5% chance of being female.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
DragoBoy wrote:
Gen3 had no new evolution methods.

No other Pokémon evolves based on their contest stats. Like I said:
DragoBoy wrote:
obviously there are special cases with other evolution methods, but these are the main methods

@Samurott: I'm so sorry for thinking of these as similar:

I doubt that it will be gender based, given the 1/8 female rate. And, going by my above theory, different gender based evolutions has been done before (Burmy and Kirlia)

I've been reading other theories on the internet, and many people are going with Ninf = Nymph (some say Nin = ninja). Makes sense to me. Many of them think this means that Ninfia is a bug type (as grass is taken) :shock: It doesn't look like a bug to me. They're assuming that all nymphs live in forests, which isn't true.
I think that it's a reference to egg groups. Nymphs are akin to fairies. Most of the Pokémon that are only in the fairy egg group are normal types.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:

I've been reading other theories on the internet, and many people are going with Ninf = Nymph (some say Nin = ninja). Makes sense to me. Many of them think this means that Ninfia is a bug type (as grass is taken) :shock: It doesn't look like a bug to me. They're assuming that all nymphs live in forests, which isn't true.
I think that it's a reference to egg groups. Nymphs are akin to fairies. Most of the Pokémon that are only in the fairy egg group are normal types.

Yeeaaaaaaah, that does not have the bug vibe going. Well we know for a fact it isn't one of the following type:

Water
Fire
Electric
Dark
Psychic
Grass
Ice

Now in my opinion,I don't think it falls into one of these types:

Steel
Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Fighting
Poison

Now the Possible types it could be:
Normal- Honestly THIS is the one Im betting on.
Flying- Now if we go on the fairy idea, this could also make sense
Dragon-Who knows, Nintendo may be trying to make a Super cutsey wootise dragon type! (But seriously, id be in Shock if this was its type)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
This sounds dreadful, considering that Eevee only has a 12.5% chance of being female.

They did say that they hope this one will appeal mostly to girls, mind you.

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*takes out a gun*
Any girl around here who likes this design? Anyone?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think Ninfia wil either be a normal type or a flying type. I hope that it's a flying type, but Gamefreak has surprised us before with the typings, so maybe Ninfia is a dragon and marks the end of additional eeveelutions (i hope not).

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My username is Eeveelution-Master and even I don't like Ninfia. I don't like Ninfia because it is too girly for me.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ChillBill wrote:

Combee also has 12,5% chance of being female, and only the female evolve.

But we also have so think about how it will evolve: happiness, stone, trade, location, holding item etc

"

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:15 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

It's cute. That much we can all agree on. But I'm wondering what its stat spread will look like. Eeveelutions all have the following values assigned to different stats:
60, 65, 65, 95, 110, and 130. None of the existing ones have Defense as their highest stat, so I suspect we're getting a physically bulky normal type here.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
None of the existing ones have Defense as their highest stat, so I suspect we're getting a physically bulky normal type here.

Leafeon has.

Maybe all those bows and ribbons are just trying to make a normal type look more interesting?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh well, I'm very unsatisfied by this new pokemon, and I think we have enough eeveelutions.
It looks horrible and VERY different from the original eevee designs.
These bow ties are organic... o_O

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I call normal or flying, i doubt it would be dragon or fighting looking that girly. It would definitely be a darker color for the latter two.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I actually like it. I'm open to any pokemon (except garbodor) until i don't like it. Looks don't matter when it comes to pokemon except garbodor. I love every pokemon except garbodor . They are all wonderful. Until I actually have bad experiences with it I'm open to try it.

Although I like it I'm definetely soft resetting for a female just in case it is actually extremely girly like everyone is already judging after only seeing in for two days in two different poses.
its like moving to a new school all over again. Everybody judges you the moment they see you.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:52 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

DragoBoy wrote:
Mektar wrote:
None of the existing ones have Defense as their highest stat, so I suspect we're getting a physically bulky normal type here.

Leafeon has.

Maybe all those bows and ribbons are just trying to make a normal type look more interesting?

*facepalm*

I really need to doublecheck my research more often. As for the ribbon thing, a Silk Scarf boost normal type attacks, and Cincinno has one built in, so accessories aren't new to normal types.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next