It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mew Glitch Questions 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If you catch the Mew with the glitch in R/B/Y does it obey you naturally or is like a traded Pokemon or does it just plain not obey you?
Also, Does it learn the same moves as it says in the psydex.
Final Question! Does it look like Mew in the Picdex, or like a Missingno.?

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It obeys you just like any other PkMn you catch. I does, in fact, learn the moves displayed in the Psydex, and it shouldn't look glitched like Missingno. at all.

Yeah, I had the same concerns before I tried it, but now (thanks to trading to and duplication on Gold version) I have a perfectly normal Mew on all my games. (not to mention a Gengar I caught in the wild using a similar trick on Red version, but that's another story for another day...)

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Everyone seems to be going to that Gambler in Fuchsia, then going back to the Slowpoke trainer. Well, it isn't necessary. What you can do which will save you a lot of time is right when you eneter Cerulean, don't battle the gym or its trainer, but go up Nugget Bridge. Beat all of the trainers on the path to Bill except for the youngster with the Slowpoke. To the left of Nugget Bridge is a patch of grass with a trainer, accessible once you have beat Nugget Bridge. Get an Abra, and do the exact same thing you do with the Gambler near Fuschia with him, using Teleport instead of Fly. The trick is that itdoesn't really matter what trainer you fly/dig/teleport away from, but what trainer you battle next. Now, there are two trainers in Cerulean who you may battle. Since you haven't gone all the way to Fuschia, you can battle the Youngster, and then go to Nugget Bridge. You will encounter a Lv. 7 Mew, as before. For a second Mew, activte the glitch again by teleporting away, then go to the gym and fight the swimmer. Beat him, go to Nugget Bridge again, and another Lv. 7 Mew is yours for the taking. It should be known that if you activate the glitch and battle another trainer, once you go back to the place where you activated the glitch (near Fuschia or Nugget Bridge) another pokemon will appear other than Mew. I am not sure how you can tell which pokemon appears when, but theoretically you can use it to catch growlith in Blue, for example. I got a Lv. 7 Mankey once. :)

Thanks to darth_schroodle and his wonderful guide for notifying me on this.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere i have no idea where... oh look thers a unicorn

it learns the right moves
(all tms)

its not missingo, thats something evil and different

SHINY SHIFTRY
SHINY MIGHTYEENA
SHINY MEGANIUM
SHINY GOLDBAT
SHINY CROBAT