It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 USA Version R S AND E Catridges on an EU GBA... 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey

Im from UK and i bought the 3 games at the same time earlier this year from ebay.

From the description on the page, it said that they were UK versions and so I bought them for like £20 (roughly $40), given that the new games P and D cost bout £30 EACH here in UK (roughly $60).

ANYWAY. i started playing each, and clocked up about 5 hours on each. then SUDDENLY one day i start the game and it says the save file has been deleted or corrupted, the game cannot be loaded... AND i have to start a NEW GAME!

This happened on EMERALD first, and then straight after on my ruby, after i'd traded over some pokemon too!!!! So i was well annoyed!

Can any1 tell me if its due to the fact that i THINK theyre american and my GBA console is UK version? Or is it a simple case of the battery is dead. but thats not likely in BOTH emerald and ruby is it????

PLEASE HELP ME!

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't think version should affect it. Are you sure they are legit cartridges, not fake?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:44 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Im pretty sure they are. They're all made in japan.

On the fronts of each are these codes:

Ruby - AGB-AXVE-USA
Sapphire - AGB-AXPE-USA
Emerald - AGB-BPEE-USA

They all have the 'Official Nintendo Seal of Quality' logos on the front

On the backs of each are:

Ruby - Model No. AGB-004
Sapphire - Model No. AGB-002
Emerald - Model No. AGB-033

It's just that after searching through ebay, i have found UK cartridges that are coloured differently, e.g. Ruby is a Red coloured cartridge, Sapphire is Blue and Emerald is green. Whether this is only for UK and not USA cartridges, i dont know, coz ive never had USA games before...

But yeh those are what are on them, and the cartridges themselves are a DARK GREY colour. They even have a white warranty sticker on the backs of each, with red writing and a big letter A in the middle.

Are these official?? And if so can any1 still answer my question as to why they are messing up on my GBA?

If they're fake I'm going to get in contact with the person I bought them from and see what I can get done

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

US cartridges will be a translucent color relative to the game - blue for Sapphire, red for Ruby, and green for Emerald. I imagine the same goes for international varieties.

IIRC, though, there isn't any real need for region differences for handhelds - after all, you're not dealing with NTSC vs. PAL on a GBA, right? So other than rescripts for languages, is there any difference between regional releases?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well thats what i was thinkin. it has no affect on my psp either. and come to mention it, i believe i also have a leaf green USA cartridge too! haha and ive clocked up about 8 hours on it, and have traded it between fire red with no problems. when i bought R/S/E off ebay they came with original boxes though... so they seemed very genuine

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:01 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm pretty sure you have bootleg cartridges. I'm pretty convinced from this:
Quote:
But yeh those are what are on them, and the cartridges themselves are a DARK GREY colour. They even have a white warranty sticker on the backs of each, with red writing and a big letter A in the middle.

and

Quote:
ANYWAY. i started playing each, and clocked up about 5 hours on each. then SUDDENLY one day i start the game and it says the save file has been deleted or corrupted, the game cannot be loaded... AND i have to start a NEW GAME!

All the people who have complained about having corrupted files said the exact same thing as you. Is it possible you could take a picture of the cartridges?

Also, this is why I do not recommend buying Pokemon games online.

Oh and by the way, GBA games are region free, as are DS games. A japanese or european GBA can play US cartridges without a problem, etc. etc.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

GBA games are region free? I knew about GBC but not GBA. But I wouldn't think it's possible to link-battle or trade with two different languages of games (i.e. having an English Sapphire trade with a Japanese Ruby).

But yeah, games that are bought online come from rather questionable sources, especially places like EBay. Pokemon games are one of the few GBA games that have colored or translucent cartridges - just about all the others are opaque gray. If you want to buy good games that you know won't fail on you, GameStop/EB Games and Play'n'Trade are two good places to look.
GameStops are just about everywhere in the US and some even appear in Europe, or so I've heard, so there should be at least one in your local area (in my area there are four that I know of :? ).

There have been so many questions about games failing on them, and just about all of them were bought off of EBay or other online source.

In conclusion: Go to GameStop for your gaming needs.
- DNA

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey heres some pics of them can anybody tell if theyre fake or not??

Ruby

Ruby

Sapphire

Sapphire

Emerald

Emerald

The emerald pic didnt turn out too well... nevermind

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:37 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

make the image to a link, its against the rules to have it that big.

there fake

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Those are gigantic pictures. Anyway, they look real. I don't think they're fake.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

sorry i didnt know there was a size limit on pictures in posts. and i used tinypic and i forgot that theyd come out the size that the camera took it at, not the preview size visible on tinypic...

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:42 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

BIG APOLOGIES to the GIGANTIC pictures, at least u get a close up of them i guess...

the stickers with the titles printed on seem very genuine its just a debate about whether the cartridges should be dark grey or not...

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've never seen the cartridges for those games in dark grey. Ruby should be a transparent red. Sapphire a transparent blue & Emerald a transparent green.
You should edit your post & remove the pics to.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:50 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Instead of yelling at him to remove his pictures and telling him it's against the rules, why don't you just help him and tell him how to fix it so it doesn't stretch the page? Anyway, BryJovi88, I fixed your post, and as the others have said in this thread, they're fake. Sadly, they're pretty worthless, because the bootleg games are built alittle differently... the save file is held in a battery, like RBYGSC, instead of a chip like Nintendo's official games. That's why they're corrupting. You can't migrate to D/P either (my friend from the UK has a fake Ruby version and told me.)

Sorry. :/

Quote:
the stickers with the titles printed on seem very genuine its just a debate about whether the cartridges should be dark grey or not...

No, the games were illegally manufactured in sweatshops (most likely in China or Korea), and since it's illegal to make them anyway, they might as well put the official seal and information on it too to make convincing.

Oh, and here is what the carts are supposed to look like. If you're going to buy new ones, be sure they look exactly like that. Ruby is supposd to look like the rest, but my cartridge is 4 and a half years old and has been through the wash...multiple times.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Krisp you are a LEGEND! thanks for fixing the post and also for clearing up this whole discussion. im now going back to the guy who sold me these and having a few words i believe...

Do u reckon ebay would be on my side coz i didnt know any better that they were fakes, and that i could get my money back? or would they just say it was my own fault for not comparing them with other listings?

This has really made me angry now by the way coz i spent £20 for the 3, and if i cant get my money back then thats a complete waste of money! ARGH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah, good luck with getting your money back, I don't think it's likely. :/

If you're planning on replacing them, do not buy them online. Try shops and used gamestores.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

yeh i really hope i can get my money back though :(

and thanks for the advice i will take that into account in future. u know its been so long ago that the listing isnt even on ebay anymore coz its older than 60 days LOL so how on earth im gona prove that he listed the games as real is just my word against his... grrrr luckily i print off the receipts of all my purchases, so i know his user name and the amount I paid him and the exact date.

wish me luck!

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:26 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Good luck getting your money back. Next time, always make purchases from authorised dealers just to be safe.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:48 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

Hmm...I remember hearing about a woman who went on e-bay, thought she was buying a cell phone for $75, and it turned out to be a picture. She sued and won. So I beleive law would be on your side. Not quit sure though

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:50 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Court costs are much more than £20. I doubt BryJovi88 would want to throw £250 down the drain for wasting £20 on video games.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i know lol. firstly i'll just try an assertive friendly approach to try and get my money back. if i dnt hear anythin i mite just contact ebay asking them to get the other person to try and agree with me. if not oh well

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eeew... So opaque gray GBA Pokemon cartriges are illegal? That's a shame, because all my Pokemon games were bought at a local store and look like that.

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:23 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They all have the 'Official Nintendo Seal of Quality' logos on the front

-----------------------------------------
runescape gold|diablo 3 gold|Swtor Credits

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm sorry,I don't think version should affect it, you can find the best answer on yahoo answer or at official site.
"i know lol. firstly i'll just try an assertive friendly approach to try and get my money back. if i dnt hear anythin i mite just contact ebay asking them to get the other person to try and agree with me. if not oh well" I agree to BryJovi88

rs gold | buy runescape gold

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]