It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:22 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Zigzagoon & Pick Up 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey all, I have a few questions about the Pick Up ability...
I know in the psydex it says the stuff that you can get using pickup around level 5ish... but i've heard that at higher levels you can get more rare items like Earthquake TM and stuff...
but is there anywhere where i can find what items Pick Up will get at what levels?
more so... does evolution matter?
like, will a level 50 {zigzagoon} and a level 50 {linoone} both get the same stuff regardless of evolution?

That's basicly all i really want to know right now... thank you for any help you can give me.[/code]

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my secret base on the moon, planning to melt Antartica with mirrors
Have fun :D
I don't think evolution matters

Last edited by marowaker on Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

umm... ok another question... is the different level thing only in emerald? or all the gba games?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my secret base on the moon, planning to melt Antartica with mirrors
I'm about 83% sure it's Pickup in all of the gems versions
I've never tried it in FR/LG

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

im using sapphire, i do have fire red, but i seem to get nothing but berries in FR when i use pick up with my linoon (weird?).
Dont get me wrong, its nice being able to get berries in FR, but still...

anyways, the reason why i asked if the different levels for pick up only apply to Emerald, is
1 because its under the Emerald Abilities section (wich you pointed out, ty) and
2 because all uh... 5... of my zigzagoon are level 1-10 and they pick up items like Rare Candy, PP/HP Up and Full Restore (wich the emerald guide says they cant/dont get till later?).

And on a more confusing note... none of the things i've seen so far about Pick Up mention anything about picking up (and only picking up) different kinds of berries... does Fire Red / Leaf Green have completely different items for Pick Up? :?
do i ask too many questions?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

im using sapphire, i do have fire red, but i seem to get nothing but berries in FR when i use pick up with my linoon (weird?).
Dont get me wrong, its nice being able to get berries in FR, but still...

anyways, the reason why i asked if the different levels for pick up only apply to Emerald, is
1 because its under the Emerald Abilities section (wich you pointed out, ty) and
2 because all uh... 5... of my zigzagoon are level 1-10 and they pick up items like Rare Candy, PP/HP Up and Full Restore (wich the emerald guide says they cant/dont get till later?).

And on a more confusing note... none of the things i've seen so far about Pick Up mention anything about picking up (and only picking up) different kinds of berries... does Fire Red / Leaf Green have completely different items for Pick Up? :?
do i ask too many questions?

Yes you do ask too many questions therefore i can only answer a few

I think the items are different in different series (what i mean is The Gems and the Kanto revisited and Emerald versions in a group) so there is your Firered question

Maybe it might be how many items your {zigzagoon}'s has picked up or it's really really really....(You know what im saying) rare.

Probably the guide is just for emerald and therefore could have a FR/LG one or a Ruby/Sapphire one.
I think i've answered them all. :D

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yes i believe you've answered them all too... so should i stop asking questions?
jk...
Although some might not of been the answers i was hoping for... at least i have some more clarity.
And so, with my 5 zigzagoon and a soon to be Blaziken(1 level to go), i shall take off from the city of Mauville, and maybe level up 2 or 3 of my goons.

Thanks alot for your help.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You should probably ask all of your remaining questions in here and not start a new topic unless it's isn't about Pick Up :D
All of my answers are either guesses or conformed statements so you might be lucky enough to have my questions wrong so you have it your way :D
it's also OK if you don't understand me :lol:

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i understand no prob, an if someone has somethin to say they're welcome to add their 2 cents.
but i think that i've gathered what i need.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Pick Up works differently in different versions. In FRLG, all you can pick up are berries, if I'm not wrong. In Ruby and Sapphire, you can pick up many different items, and what you pick up is random, and not determined by level. Only in Pokemon Emerald does the Pick Up list in the Emerald Abilities List apply.

Clear now?

For your information, here are the items that Pick Up can get you in RS:

30% Super Potion, 10% Ultra Ball, Full Restore, Full Heal, Nugget, Revive, Rare Candy, 5% Protein, PP Up, 1% King's Rock.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
In FRLG, you can Pick Up not only berries; I had my Meowth to pick up Nuggets and TM10(hidden Power)

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:36 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Alright, thanks for the correction Starlatias.

Bottom line is, RS, FRLG and Emerald have three very different sets of possible Pick Up items, so do take note of that when making use of the ability.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

so my zigzagoon's pickup in R/S is limited to those items listed in the psydex? regardless of level?
Well if so then there goes my hope of getting Earthquake

well thanks everyone for you're help, i think i've got what i needed.
:D

Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh and a little bit more information, if u find rare candies, try using them on ur zizagoons, faster u grow ur levels more better items u can get.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]