It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tyrogue evolution help? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi I just finished FireRed and now I'm trying to fill my pokedex with all the avalaible pokemon in it without trading. I'm up to Tyrogue and I've already got Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. My problem is getting Hitmontop I've tried several different ways of getting his att and def even but always 1 of them is higher that the other. Can anyone give me a good technique that will help me with this? I was thinkignabout using the everstone until they evened out a little more. Would this work? Plz help :D

Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
You can use protein to adjust its attack and Iron to adjust its defense. When both of them are the same at lv 20, Tyrogue --> Hitmontop

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Like what Starlatias said, you can use Protein or Iron to adjust its attack or defense.Its tough for me to evolve {tyrogue} into {hitmontop} too. I took 5 times in order to let it evolve.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Get it to lv 19. Save. Now, play with the nutrients until you figure its DV growth out (i.e. for every lv up A+2, D+1), then feed it the things it needs. Keep playing with it until you get it.
If I knew you, I would trade you mine, but no trading over the 'Net. Go computers.

-Gardevoir~

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post THX
Great advice guys but I already tried the protein and iron but after giving him a couple so his stats can catch up they stop working he will take them but the stats won't change. And I'm trying Gardevoirs tecnique next. Thx I'll keep you guys posted on the results.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I got one of my first try; the trick is to train him up levels against guys with no Attack or Defense EV's, so those won't affect him. Then, look at his stats, and if Attack doesn't equal Defense, press B when it tries to evolve. Continue until about level 23, when the two should be equal, and you'll get a {hitmontop}.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thx. He's on level 24 now so I'll start taking you're advice also. But here's another question. His defense is higher now so what pokemon should I train him against with no defense Dv's? :D

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Look that up in the Psypoke Dex (second link at the top of the page). The EV's that each pokemon gives when defeated are listed on the stats section of their dex page. I'd recommend using a combo of EV training in the one he's weaker in, and the proper vitamin, to balance it out if he's more than 1 or two off from equal.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

After plowing through what seemed like 10 million paras' I have my Hitmontop. Thx everyone for the advice. It was very much appreciated.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]