It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon General Questions Thread 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lol does that mean that all pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon can have 999 stats wthout cheating? Thanks for the help...I've got 1 more question though, how is damage calculated in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? :)

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm just too lazy at the moment to read through all 12 pages.

What's the best Pokemon to use in the lv. 1 dungeons (Wish Cave, Joyous Tower, etc....), and what's the best way to equip them. I just took a shot at Wish Cave with Zigzagoon. I got to B28F or something before I had to get out. He's a little difficult at first, then grows ridiculously fast, and then goes down. I'm trying to figure out what the fastest-growing Pokemon is, as the only way to get through those dungeons is constant training. I was considering taking my Tyranitar in for a while, but then again, he's strongest when his level's not reset. o.o;
So... what's your strategy? Care to share? ...Please?
*{charmander} eyes*

Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Good suggestions:

Alakazam: He's relatively slow to level up (but not excruciatingly so), and he starts out with great stats (80 HP, about 30 on everything else).
Mew/Mewtwo/Kecleon: 10 exp to level 1. Level up incredibly fast.
Lombre: 50 exp to level 1, and he can pull off the Frustration trick with Kyogre very well. (Not to be used in Purity Forest.)
Kyogre: Not sure about him, but I presume he could pull off Frustration single-handedly. His stats and growth are somewhat low, iirc.
Registeel: This guy is actually really good, but only in Purity Forest. The reason is, because he's Steel type, Poison doesn't affect him, and that status condition could be the death of you. The second reason is that he starts with Explosion, and if he's in a monster house, you could do 80 damage to everything (pretty much all OHKOs), and only lose half your own HP.

I got to about 24F or so before a Poliwag's Bubble killed him.
Also, if you can manage to snag a Pass Scarf in Purity Forest, USE IT. It's a lifesaver.
Another good item is the Tight Belt; which prevents the Pokemon's belly from going down, period.
X-Ray Specs is okay, but if you're on recruiting runs, you'll need the Friend Bow.
Escape Orb is a must for recruiting runs, and also a good item to bail out with if you're in trouble.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
Good suggestions:

Alakazam: He's relatively slow to level up (but not excruciatingly so), and he starts out with great stats (80 HP, about 30 on everything else).
Mew/Mewtwo/Kecleon: 10 exp to level 1. Level up incredibly fast.
Lombre: 50 exp to level 1, and he can pull off the Frustration trick with Kyogre very well. (Not to be used in Purity Forest.)
Kyogre: Not sure about him, but I presume he could pull off Frustration single-handedly. His stats and growth are somewhat low, iirc.
Registeel: This guy is actually really good, but only in Purity Forest. The reason is, because he's Steel type, Poison doesn't affect him, and that status condition could be the death of you. The second reason is that he starts with Explosion, and if he's in a monster house, you could do 80 damage to everything (pretty much all OHKOs), and only lose half your own HP.

I got to about 24F or so before a Poliwag's Bubble killed him.
Also, if you can manage to snag a Pass Scarf in Purity Forest, USE IT. It's a lifesaver.
Another good item is the Tight Belt; which prevents the Pokemon's belly from going down, period.
X-Ray Specs is okay, but if you're on recruiting runs, you'll need the Friend Bow.
Escape Orb is a must for recruiting runs, and also a good item to bail out with if you're in trouble.

AS much as Wish Cave goes, Big apples seems to be everywhere.
Sometimes I wonder if I actually need to bring ANY food to wish cave. perhaps one ordinary apple would do :P

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I'm asking this because I accidentally took of the o from my Articuno when I recruited it and it looks really weird. Will I be able to recruit it again if I say farewell to it now? Or, I think the question should be this: Can you recruit legendaries again if you "released" them? :?

Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't think so =/

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I know that you can find them where they were before (i.e. Deoxys will be at Meteor Cave B20F), but I'm not sure if you can recruit them again.

I did test this with Deoxys and didn't get it back (then again, Deoxys has a relatively low chance). I'll test it with someone else like Zapdos and get back to you...

Edit: DNA getting back to you. I tested it with Zapdos and Moltres, and yes, you CAN recruit them after they're released! (It's not advised that you do so, however.)

Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey DNA: Since you seem to know everything about mystery dungeon, how come when I slapped a tight belt on my gengar and proceeded to walk through the walls, my belly still went down like crazy?

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:18 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I don't believe that Tight Belt works on Ghost Mobility (-5 Belly per pace). I don't remember testing that myself, but, since I'm in the mood for PMD, I'll test it tonight and get back to you! (After I get my Tyranitar.)
Check this post for details.

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
I know that you can find them where they were before (i.e. Deoxys will be at Meteor Cave B20F), but I'm not sure if you can recruit them again.

I did test this with Deoxys and didn't get it back (then again, Deoxys has a relatively low chance). I'll test it with someone else like Zapdos and get back to you...

Edit: DNA getting back to you. I tested it with Zapdos and Moltres, and yes, you CAN recruit them after they're released! (It's not advised that you do so, however.)

Why do you advise not to do it? it's quite easy to get to them...I can't stand my Articuno being called Articun :shock: ...anyway, thanks for experimenting on my behalf. i can now say farewell and hi again to my Articuno. :D

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:01 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

All right, Tight Belt apparently does not work on the Ghost Mobility. Gengar (yes, I tried it with Gengar, just like you did) still loses 5 BP every time he walks through 1 square of wall.

But if he doesn't walk through walls he should be fine. (I never tested if Tight Belt works on him cutting corners through walls, like this:

[_][_][P][_][_][_]
[_][_][P][_][_][_]
[_][_][P][P][_][_]
[_][_][_][P][_][_]
[_][_][_][P][_][_]

P = Path
Blank squares = Wall
---
I don't think he loses 5 BP though. I believe I once tested this without the Tight Belt.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, I have another question, why can you switch leaders in-dungeon in only certain dungeons, but not in others? I cant think of any specific dungeons right now, but why cant you switch in-dungeon?

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:45 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You can switch leaders in dungeon, provided that you hadn't recruited them in this trip through the dungeon. e.g. If you took with you a Charizard (leader), Sceptile, Poliwrath, and then recruited Omanyte, you could swap leaders freely between Charizard-Sceptile-Poliwrath, but not Omanyte because you just recruited him.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hmm, well what you're saying dosent work, I went into the dungeon with unowns, and I didnt recruit any. I wanted to switch to my scizor so I could cross water, but the option to switch leaders wasn't there.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I need blue gummis for a baby Manaphy in Markness. Any good dungeons to get {manaphy} them?

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ok i found out that as you go into tougher dungons that the rate at finding a Reviver seed or Oran barry drops GREATLY. any low lvl place i can find these easly in PMD2

i'm silver not gold (darn)

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Cactuar wrote:
I need blue gummis for a baby Manaphy in Markness. Any good dungeons to get {manaphy} them?

Use the Gummi Dex: http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon/gummidex.php

Blue Gummis are common at the Frosty Grotto, Mt. Freeze Peak, and the Silver Trench.

Fri May 02, 2008 7:52 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

sN0w, he said he wanted to get Gummis for Manaphy, who doesn't exist in PMD1.

Blue Gummis? Chatot says they're at Craggy Coast, but I went there 5 times and only saw 1 (I had to hard reset cus I came unprepared).

Your best bet would be either doing missions with Blue Gummi rewards, or hoarding a bunch of Deluxe Boxes (Landslide Cave and Tiny Meadow are good places). They won't always give Blue Gummis, but the possibles are Red/Blue/Grass Gummis, Reviver Seeds, and on rare occasions, Joy Seeds or Golden Seeds.

A Golden Seed is like a Joy Seed, times five.

Also, Miracle Sea is a 2-parter. (You'll need to go there for Manaphy eventually.) The first bit is 18 floors. Oddly enough, the first 5 floors of the top are super-deadly, and the rest is very easy. There are many Water-types, and I used a Pikachu with Discharge/Agility/Thunderbolt/Feint. I would have done better had I brought more Max Elixirs, which you will most likely need.

After that, the second part has 5 floors, and then Gyarados as a boss. I pulled this guy off single-handedly with Pikachu. Agility twice, then Discharge a lot. If he's next to you, use a Sleep/Totter/X-Eye Seed. Since Gyarados has double weakness to Electric, using Discharge does close to 200 damage each time.

Sat May 03, 2008 1:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

My apologies; I merely read the first part of his post about Blue Gummis. I don't know any dungeons in PMD2 which have Blue Gummis since I don't have to game, so you might want to try re-doing missions that give Blue Gummis as the reward.

Sat May 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

can anyone help me beat primal dialga (i no hes lvl 48)???

im a turtwig lvl 39 with 119hp

moves:
solarbeam
razorleaf
crunch
synthesis

and a lvl 39 118hp partner mudkip

moves:
tackle
watergun
dig
protect
(might change one to bide)

primal dialga sometimes gets me by using ancient power(doubling speed)and using roar of time
(does a total of about 150hp to one and 89hp to the other)

i am going to try using stun ,sleep, etc seeds on him but get KOed

{blissey} Visit my breeding center! {chansey}
my shinies: {shuckle}

HG friend code- 3910-9716-1694

credit to mektar for my Angel and Demon Eevees

Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a question.
When I tried to activate the mission for Groudon, Kyogre or Articuno, why does it say that I can't do it yet?
Is it maybe because I haven't beat Primal Dialga?
And anyone have tips on beating Primal Dialga?
Like what level I should be?
Thanks in advanced.

Fri May 09, 2008 6:29 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

manuel_suplico2 wrote:
I have a question.
When I tried to activate the mission for Groudon, Kyogre or Articuno, why does it say that I can't do it yet?
Is it maybe because I haven't beat Primal Dialga?
And anyone have tips on beating Primal Dialga?
Like what level I should be?
Thanks in advanced.

You have to have rescued Scizor before beginning said missions. That is two parts after the story ending (the beating of Dark/Primal Dialga).

As for level, 35+ should get you through, but bring a lot of seeds (especially Reviver and stuff like X-Eye or Blinker), and use the attack of yours that does the most damage if you can't get a weakness or normally effective hit.

Sun May 11, 2008 5:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have 2 questions:

1. Where do you find Palkia in Darkness?

2. Does anybody know if there is a guide like the one here for pmd2? http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10850&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=320

Wed May 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

1. Palkia is at the bottom of Spacial Rift. This is after the Mount Travail dungeon, which is about halfway into the post-story arc.
2. There is not one in existence a la DNA because I haven't made one yet, because I have not bothered to go to Zero Isle.

However, for that formula I used, I used a Wonder Mail Generator online.
My good friend Blazikendude provided me with a link to one:

http://www.upokecenter.com/games/dungeo ... osmail.php

Thu May 15, 2008 3:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll probably find out tonight, but I need help in Dark Hill, you know, after being taken into the Future by Dusknoir...(yeah it spooked me too...)

No there's not a phone number.

HEY! get outta mah house e.e

No but really: PM me if you want some kind of advertising in my sig. PM also for the rules of it =]

Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next