It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Opinion About Pokemon White/Black 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

* I just recently signed up for this website as of today (6/10/11) so please go easy on me. Thank you. :D

Everyone,

I would appreciate it if I would like all of your opinions about those Pokemon in White/Black. My first impression about those Pokemon for White/Black was that most of them are quite ugly. As a result, you could say that I prefer to stick with those (Pokemon) that are from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Sliver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and of course, Pearl. I just cannot believe how ridiculous most of them look like in White/Black because it simply looks like their creator(s) were high when they (creators) created them (Pokemon) for White/Black. :frustrated: Just wanted to get this off my chest and on this forum because I haven't heard someone complain about that yet as well, but this is simply just my opinion, that's all.

- Mister_Kitsune

[Current Pokemon Sapphire Team]

---

⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mister_Kitsune wrote:
* I just recently signed up for this website as of today (6/10/11) so please go easy on me. Thank you. :D

Everyone,

I would appreciate it if I would like all of your opinions about those Pokemon in White/Black. My first impression about those Pokemon for White/Black was that most of them are quite ugly. As a result, you could say that I prefer to stick with those (Pokemon) that are from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Sliver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and of course, Pearl. I just cannot believe how ridiculous most of them look like in White/Black because it simply looks like their creator(s) were high when they (creators) created them (Pokemon) for White/Black. :frustrated: Just wanted to get this off my chest and on this forum because I haven't heard someone complain about that yet as well, but this is simply just my opinion, that's all.

- Mister_Kitsune

Well, would you care to back that up with some examples?? I mean, the only Pokemon design that I personally really don't like is Stunfisk. Patrat, Watchog, and Jarooda follow up, and I can't think of any others whose designs I dislike. Stunfisk is really just... strange, and not in a good way. For Patrat and Watchog, I believe others have mentioned that they look like they aspire to kill people. And I have (somehow) warmed up slightly to Snivy and his evo, but I still really dislike Jarooda (mostly the head just irks me for some reason).

I can remember that a lot of people had a stong dislike for many of the new Pokemon when they were first starting to be revealed (myself included). But now, it seems like that has kinda died down a little bit. Maybe it's just me, but I've definitely gotten more used to the new Pokemon.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

rex09 wrote:
Mister_Kitsune wrote:

Everyone,

- Mister_Kitsune

Well, would you care to back that up with some examples?? I mean, the only Pokemon design that I personally really don't like is Stunfisk. Patrat, Watchog, and Jarooda follow up, and I can't think of any others whose designs I dislike. Stunfisk is really just... strange, and not in a good way. For Patrat and Watchog, I believe others have mentioned that they look like they aspire to kill people. And I have (somehow) warmed up slightly to Snivy and his evo, but I still really dislike Jarooda (mostly the head just irks me for some reason).

I can remember that a lot of people had a stong dislike for many of the new Pokemon when they were first starting to be revealed (myself included). But now, it seems like that has kinda died down a little bit. Maybe it's just me, but I've definitely gotten more used to the new Pokemon.

Rex09,

Well, I personally remember getting attached to those in the previous versions (because almost all of them look totally awesome), but the first thing I noticed when I first saw the new Pokemon for White/Black was that I actually got attached to very few ones. I'll give you all of the new Pokemon (as a example) that I got attached to easily (as in looking awesome) are: Snivy, Servine, Serperior (fell in love w/ it at first sight since I rarely use my grass starter), the fire & water starter, Purrloin, Liepard, Unfezant (somewhat strange, but cool), Blitzle, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Scolipede, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Krookodile, Dwebble, Crustle, Scaggy, Scrafty, Tirtogua, Carracosta (looks bada**), Zorua, Zoroark, Cinccino, Minccino, Sawbuck (I worship it!), Emogla, Joltik (my fav cute Pokemon), Galvantula (love it!), Axew (SO CUTE!), Faxure, Haxorus, Meinshao, Braviary, Hyrdeigon, and Volcarona... That's all.

However, I personally think the rest of those that I didn't list are strange, ugly, or not creative at all. I would say that Thundurus, Tornadus, Durant, Cryogonal, Vanilliauxe, Conkeldurr, etc...are the ugliest Pokemon I ever have seen. Come on! Some of the Pokemon actually look like my most favorite foods to me and I find that utterly ridiculous as well, too. XD

---

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can only say one thing: a Pokemon that is an ice cream cone is one of the most creative things that the people who designed these could have done. It may be ugly or bad or whatever else you say, but on this one single example, I think you're wrong. It is indeed a strange idea; but creative for sure. But on everything else, you're entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is.

Also, I just realized that I keep calling Serperior by its Japanese name, Jarooda. My bad, lol.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

rex09 wrote:
I can only say one thing: a Pokemon that is an ice cream cone is one of the most creative things that the people who designed these could have done. It may be ugly or bad or whatever else you say, but on this one single example, I think you're wrong. It is indeed a strange idea; but creative for sure. But on everything else, you're entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is.

Also, I just realized that I keep calling Serperior by its Japanese name, Jarooda. My bad, lol.

Rex09,

Actually, I must admit that the Pokemon (ice cream) is kinda cool...it reminds me that I'm absolutely crazy for sweets so my apologizes. It's just that it's really late where I live (it's 11:10pm in California right now) so what I meant to say is that this Pokemon (Vanilluxe) looks absolutely delicious that I want to eat it right now! I'm so in the mood for a chocolate chip cookie dough, cookie cream, vanilla, mint chip, reese's, etc combo ice cream! Yuuuuum! <3

---

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Personally, I think Pokemon Black and White has the most...eh...unique kinds of Pokemon in it. Some of the designs aren't the best of work and some of them are just plain crazy. I don't know for sure if the creators went overdrive in Pokemon designing or if they were just too lazy.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

CommandoFlygon wrote:
Personally, I think Pokemon Black and White has the most...eh...unique kinds of Pokemon in it. Some of the designs aren't the best of work and some of them are just plain crazy. I don't know for sure if the creators went overdrive in Pokemon designing or if they were just too lazy.

CommandoFlygon,

I completely agree with you with the fact that Pokemon Black/White contains the most unique Pokemon even though they can look quite bizarre as well. :/

---

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Yeah....we've had more than enough "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF B/W??????/" threads.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]