It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 EVs 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post EVs
Do I have to count EVs for every single Pokemon my Pokemon battles? Or can I go through the game without worrying about EVs? I saw the EV page on this site, it listed some good places to train EVs, or doesn't Trainer pokemon reward you with EVs maybe?

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:01 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Trainer Pokemon do reward you with EVs, but not those in the Battle Frontier/Tower, I think.

You have to count EVs for every single Pokeon you battle though, so it's better to use a crappy team to clear the game first before doing EV training for your intended battling/competitive team.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:09 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Do you use a crappy team, Snowball? I've just started over, because I want to do this the right way. And I've had h**l getting the natures I want through breeding.. How do you usually solve this problem?

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:54 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't use crappy teams, simply because I don't really spend a lot of time training up a competitive team anyway (few of my friends play Pokemon). It's just a suggestion from me. Simply keep the Pokemon you plan to include in your competitive team, clear the game (i.e. beat the Elite Four, etc.) and then start training up your competitive team's Pokemon from scratch. It's easier to EV train that way since you can choose the EVs you want by battling the respective wild Pokemon, instead of having to fight trainers with specified Pokemon that may not give the EVs you want.

Am I making sense? :P

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:46 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah. You do:P But I only have a couple friends who play Pokemon, and I don't really need to worry about competitive because they don't know what EVs are, and 1 of them has THE worst moveset ever.
I wish I never knew what EVs are, sure, they are nice things, but then I always go around worrying about it.. :oops:

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

EV's aren't hard well their hard until you understand them. I dont need any good teams the only person who even likes pokemon that lives near me is my brother but he doesn't like battling me much

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:22 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah. You do:P But I only have a couple friends who play Pokemon, and I don't really need to worry about competitive because they don't know what EVs are, and 1 of them has THE worst moveset ever.
I wish I never knew what EVs are, sure, they are nice things, but then I always go around worrying about it.. :oops:

Well, at least now you understand more about EVs, so you need no longer worry so much about them ^_^

I'm gonna lock this up since your question has been answered. More information can be obtained from the site's EV guide. Here's the link: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke/lab/evguide.php

*closed*

Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:06 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]