Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Ryder: aww! that's kinda cute! :3

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
I got Red first, my first video game of my own. With the atomic purple Gameboy Color. I still remember that very moment vividly.

One day, I was bored. My brother already had moved out of the house at that time for college (He was 18, I was either 5 or 6 at the time). He left his old gameboy, NES, and Sega Genesis behind at the house. I picked up his old Gameboy, lied down on the couch and played Super Mario for hours. My dad was like "You really seem to like that Gameboy, I'll get you one of your own." My eyes lit up and I was really really happy!!

A couple weeks later, we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa's house. All we do is chit chat when we're over since that's all there really is to do. I wasn't interested in TV, especially when I didn't know any of the channels since they lived two states over. I was really bored. My dad said that if I waited a few minutes, we'd go to the mall. We went to Babbages, now owned by and converted into a Gamestop in the mall. He asked the sales associate which gameboy to buy since there were a few out at the time. We went with the Color, the newest. I chose the atomic purple, I liked being able to see inside it! Then, because all my classmates were into Pokemon, I wanted to try it too, and chose the Red Version. We drove back to my grandparents house and I opened up my new electronics, and I spent the next 10 minutes at the time trying to find my way out of Red's house.

The memories. <3

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My first was Pokemon Blue but the memory broke for strange reasons. Weird? So my dad got me Pokemon Yellow as a replacement.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My fist pokemon game was the red virtion i used to play it and i still do :)

Sun May 02, 2010 11:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got Blue Version first, technically. I find it very ironic because Blastoise is the "mascot" Pokemon of Blue (English). My brother liked the look of Blue better (he technically got Red first), even though Charizard was "mascot" of Red.

The real irony is that I got Blastoise (Squirtle) as my starter in Red after we traded, while he got Charizard (Charmander) as his starter in Blue... :P

Once he lost interest, he bequeathed all of them to me, and it's helped a bunch... :D

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My Grandparents got me red and blue and they created a monster :O

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:36 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
PokePat wrote:
My first was Pokemon Blue but the memory broke for strange reasons. Weird? So my dad got me Pokemon Yellow as a replacement.

This is an awesome story, PokePat, my Pokemon Blue Version lost it's memory from being washed with the clothes which pissed me off of course...

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
I got Blue Version first, technically. I find it very ironic because Blastoise is the "mascot" Pokemon of Blue (English). My brother liked the look of Blue better (he technically got Red first), even though Charizard was "mascot" of Red.

The real irony is that I got Blastoise (Squirtle) as my starter in Red after we traded, while he got Charizard (Charmander) as his starter in Blue... :P

Once he lost interest, he bequeathed all of them to me, and it's helped a bunch... :D

This one is too, AEP: Master Trainer, I wish I would have done this with my brother's Red Version & my Gold Version but didn't cause I had sharing problems which came after our experience with the Blue Version...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri May 07, 2010 1:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:

This one is too, AEP: Master Trainer, I wish I would have done this with my brother's Red Version & my Gold Version but didn't cause I had sharing problems which came after our experience with the Blue Version...

Ahaa, i'm very stingy with my pokemon games. I'm 16, my brother is 15, my other brother is 9 and my sister is 8...I'm probably the only one that takes an interest in pokemon so i never had to share my pokemon games from yellow - Crystal - Emerald - Pearl. Lucky me! Ahaa. Man, i love the GTS in the new(er) games, but back on Gen I... I was a bit lonely since i couldn't trade at all. :/

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 4:15 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Ahaa, i'm very stingy with my pokemon games. I'm 16, my brother is 15, my other brother is 9 and my sister is 8...I'm probably the only one that takes an interest in pokemon so i never had to share my pokemon games from yellow - Crystal - Emerald - Pearl. Lucky me! Ahaa. Man, i love the GTS in the new(er) games, but back on Gen I... I was a bit lonely since i couldn't trade at all. :/

{darkrai}

Well the only reason we both got the game was really cause it was kind of just brought for us & either of us knew WTH pokemon even really was maybe except for the anime...& I wasn't really into it at that point so it was just another game to us at that time (we shared too much ****)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 09, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahh, slightly different for me...the only think i knew about pokemon was the anime and movies. And one christmas...wow a pokemon yellow game. me not knowing anything else kept playing. And then lost it. several years later my friend lent me his emerald and i was like, WOAH?! they made others. and then found out my old yellow and then bought crystal and pearl.

Life story over, Haha

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 3:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Honestly, I got All Pokemon Red Blue Green and Yellow. I'm to young even to remember playing it. But I have an older brother. He was a slick kid. He got Both Red and Blue first. But he said that on the machine it said Pokemon RED first. So I guess I have that first..

Sun May 09, 2010 5:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I remember my "friend" had "forbidden" me to watch and play pokemon. So I sent my mum on a secret mission with my saved up pocket money to buy one for me. She bought me a purple Gameboy colour and Pokemon Blue. It was awesome. I started with a Bulbasaur. :)

Tue May 11, 2010 9:14 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That is really an awesome & unique story, thetanoun...

Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

yellow

My current Team:
Blastoise Lv.100
Blaziken Lv.40
Pupitar Lv.40
Jolteon Lv.31
Dragonair Lv.30
Blissey Lv.30

Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kintoru wrote:
yellow

One word posts are kind of frowned upon, how about telling more on how and why you got yellow? :)

{darkrai}

Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Kintoru wrote:
yellow

One word posts are kind of frowned upon, how about telling more on how and why you got yellow? :)

{darkrai}

bullsh@t ;)

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
bullsh@t ;)

I just thought id say...

Psypoke Forum Rules wrote:
» 9. Do not post one word/one smilie replies. Do not even think about quoting a huge block of text and then making a one word/smilie reply

I dont have power to enforce but might as well just say.

{darkrai}

Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Don't pay them too much attention Darkrai-follower, you said what you said & whatever happens happens...

Wed May 12, 2010 10:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Don't pay them too much attention Darkrai-follower, you said what you said & whatever happens happens...

Yeah, s'pose.

Back on topic. I found out the blue my brother used to have a few hours ago. Wooo, that was his first game, still need to check it but i think its completed.

{darkrai}

Wed May 12, 2010 11:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Back on topic. I found out the blue my brother used to have a few hours ago. Wooo, that was his first game, still need to check it but i think its completed.

So what?, did he beat the game completely or?...cause if he did, that is awesome...

Thu May 13, 2010 12:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry, shouldve been specific, after looking at the game yesterday...(we dont own game cheat device thingys)...the game has:
- 151 caught pokemon
- all badges and elite 4 beaten
- um, i think about twelve level 100's including mewtwo, all starters, pikachu, mew.
- And looking through the bag (and PC) i think he has all items in-game.

It's quite a monster-of-a-game but has not much use since it's only Blue. ;__ ; I would've been overjoyed if it were 3rd gen or above.

Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokémon Red, first video game I ever played.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

my first was blue sadly i cant play it anymore its kinda breaken i can only play it like 10 minutes then it goes all laggy and shut down :(
and yeah i know i can just use an emulator but its just not the same :/

Image Image

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:51 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My first was blue.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:49 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I got Blue in the summer of 98 and started with charmader. Since then my favorite starter has always been the water starter.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next