It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Alpha Sapphire Playthrough -- Build A Hoenn Dream Team! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So I'm finally playing through Alpha Sapphire after a lifetime of playing through the original Sapphire game, and I need ideas on how to run through ORAS for the first time.
I'm looking for ideas from:
- What pokemon in what teams did you use in early playthroughs of Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire? Why?
- What pokemon in what teams did you use/are you using in ORAS? What did you change about past teams? Why?
- What would your dream team on early Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby be? Why
- What would your dream team on ORAS be? Why?
I would love inclusive details like stats, EVs, abilities, natures, items held, and move-sets! Include quirky facts like how fast they are against some types of pokemon, or if there's a certain aesthetic you build your teams off of?

Mon May 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I posted this in another thread. This is a good MVP team of sweepers and tanks

Magnezone: A good tanky lead and volt switch allows a quick attack at the enemy and switch out to a more favorable type if magnezone is not
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Fire
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt
Item
Choice Scarf
Magnet Pull
Timid
EVs
4 Def
252 SpA
252 Spe

Garchomp: The most used pokemon in OU tier, Incredible attack stat and coverage with fire blast makes him hit like a truck on super effectives. Best sweeper in the meta
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Garchompite
Naive
EVs
4 Atk
252 SpA
252 Spe

Gengar: Top tier speed, Almost nothing outspeeds Gengar in the meta, Slaughters almost any other Ghost Pokemon and Levitate covers one of it's key weaknesses. Excellent sweeper.
Destiny Bond
Sludge Wave
Shadow Ball
Protect
Levitate
Timid
EVs
4 Def
252 SpA
252 Spe

Azumarill: Bulky water type that also hits hard. Aqua Jet is a priority move allowing you to easily sweep something that's weak.
Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Superpower
Choice Band
Huge Power
Adamant
EVs
172 HP
252 Atk
84 Spe

Volcarona: Once volcarona sets up it's hard to take it down. Swapping between quiver dance and roost will keep this pokemon as an incredibel special atk wall.
Quiver Dance
Fire Blast
Roost
Bug Buzz
Passho Berry
Flame Body
Timid
EVs
72 HP
252 SpA
184 Spe

Weavile: Excellent speed and knock off can really mess up certain pokemon's strategies and even falter their mega evolution
Knock Off
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Poison Jab
Life Orb
Pressure
Jolly
EVs
252 Atk
4 Def
252 Spe

These are all OU Tier Pokemon in the most competitive leagues.

Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I never thought of using Gengar as a sweeper to be honest; I've always just used him as a wall -- the same way I use Torterra or any bulky grass type because they have some of the same defense stats (if I'm not mistaken). The theme across the board for your team is offense not defense if I'm not mistaken? And I have a really odd question, in other threads I've seen people talk about OU and OI (I think) tier pokemon? What exactly is that? Is one better than the other?

Thu May 19, 2016 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

OU, UU, NU, BL, BL2, LC are categories of competitive play. They are categorized by Smogon on how much usage a pokemon gets during tournament competitive metal play. Yes this is a primarily offensive team. If you are interested in more specific competitive information, I'd reccomend spending some time on the Smogon website as we do not have much in the way of competitive discussion or data. THat is more Smogon's territory.

Thu May 19, 2016 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]