It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Pokemon Emerald ROM and the Lilycove Megamart Clear-out sale 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Since it says "The internal battery has died, time related events will no longer occur" when i start the game, is there any way i can get the sale items? Either by a gameshark code to force the sale or codes to buy the items at any store?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zaldbathar wrote:
Since it says "The internal battery has died, time related events will no longer occur" when i start the game, is there any way i can get the sale items? Either by a gameshark code to force the sale or codes to buy the items at any store?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not unless you want to learn how to make your own gameshark codes, which involves some pretty heavy stuff. Nothing that you can just jump into. To get an idea of what goes into a gameshark code, you can check out this lovely page from stackexchange. There are no simple how-to guides with step-by-step instructions on how to do this.

Helpful answer: Just get an emulator that supports emulating a RTC (real-time clock) for games like Emerald. VBA for Windows and Mac OS X, as well as MyBoy for Android support this.

Don't emulate unless you own both the game and the console. Otherwise you're being a colossal jerkwad and are the reason we can't have nice things.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well first off i bought this the day it came out. I dont own any handheld gaming systems however so i needed an emulator to enjoy the game again. Secondly i am using VBA... And it is not supporting the clock.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Scratch that, i found the option for RTC. wow... Will i have to restart my game now or will it work even tho at first the game had no clock?

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dunno. My memory's a bit hazy of that point. Try it and see, and don't forget to report back to us. If berries grow and tides change, then you should be good to go.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Seeing as it is not the cartridge itself, once you enable real-time clock, it will actually modify the in-game clock to your time on the device itself.

Go ahead, and set the clock ahead 2 hours, it should modify.
And yes - berries should grow without a restart immediately.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]