It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 General Breeding Questions 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have a question for those who breed regularly this generation. How are you supposed to breed egg moves onto any of Tyrogue's evolutions if they're 100% male?

Last edited by UberPorpoise on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

All of Tyrogue's egg moves can be learned among his final forms, so, basically the egg moves are to transfer form exclusive moves between forms, such as Vacuum Wave, which is exclusive to Hitmonchan, or Rapid Spin, which is only learned by Hitmontop, and so on. Helping Hand comes from a Move Tutor, though, but it can then still be bred onto him.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

But egg moves transfer from males and males must breed with females, so how am I to get something such as Bullet Punch on a Hitmonlee when there are no females to breed the moves on to?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ditto. Breed a Bullet Punch Hitmonchan with a Ditto, then evolve the baby into Hitmonlee. On a side note, the mothers will also pass down egg moves as of X and Y.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Egg moves are really passed on by both genders now?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have an additional question that pertains to egg moves.

In order to pass on egg moves, does the Pokemon have to currently have them learned or can they simply have known them at some point?

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The move has to know it at the time of going into the daycare.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've noticed that if a pokemon learns a new move while in the day care that replaces the one that you want to pass on, the baby seems to still learn it, as long as you leave the parent in the day care. I don't know if this is really the case, but I've had eggs that knew the moves when they technically shouldn't have.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:
I've noticed that if a pokemon learns a new move while in the day care that replaces the one that you want to pass on, the baby seems to still learn it, as long as you leave the parent in the day care. I don't know if this is really the case, but I've had eggs that knew the moves when they technically shouldn't have.

I havent run into that yet, mainly cause I havent had the need to breed for egg moves as of yet.

I do recall that last gen, the poke has to know the move, so if it lost at cause of staying at the daycare you had to take it out, have it relearned, or replace it with one that knows the move.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I've ran into the same phenomenon as Kiga, which is why I was asking. I might just test it out.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I figured it out. If your Pokemon goes in with the egg moves, it will continually teach them to the offspring. If you take it out and put it back in without relearning the egg moves, the offspring will not learn them.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]