It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What will your Kalos team/playthrough be? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, I might be taking this too far, but I'm sick of being stuck with only six pokemon in a game that gives you access to 450 in the regional dex. Therefore, I'm training more than six:

I have a primary core of Delphox, Gardevoir, Honedge, and Pikachu.

I have a secondary group of Charmeleon, Combusken, Snorlax, and Azumarill.

And I have a third group of Jumpluff (although she might be a Secondary), Bagon, Gyarados (probationary), and Inkay (probationary).

I plan to train a Goodra, Houndoom, and Gengar, as well as Xerneas when I get her. I might also train a Mawile and a Florges, as well as the Lucario and Lapras.

Most of the old pokemon are ones that I haven't trained in years, and probably will never again. I don't like training pokemon after the League, as they never have the same feel as the ones from before. I might just assign three 'official' teams, with each of the starters at the head.

The trouble with this, is that grinding is taking time. I haven't even stepped into the second gym yet, and Flair (Delphox) is level 38.

I'll crack before the fifth gym. That's my prediction.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:42 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

So mine ended up being a little different than I had thought. I dropped Greninja and left Dedenne, Goomy, Hawlucha, Amaura, Inkay, and Dragalge in the box. My current team is:

Raichu, Charizard, Gardevoir, Salamence, Azumarill, Sylveon.

Raichu has managed to hold his spot because his Thunder Wave is an invaluable pokemon catching tool. I'm at around 150 pokemon caught and don't plan to stop anytime soon, so he's safe. If I find a Mareep though, he might be out (especially since I managed to pick up an Ampharosite).
I mainly just wanted Charizard to try out the Mega Evolution, and while it's cool Charizard still isn't that amazing. Might switch him out.
Gardevoir got a lot more awesome with the additional Fairy typing (new immunities), and she can learn Moonblast via Heart Scale for some amazing STAB damage and coverage next to Psychic and Thunderbolt.
Salamence has always been a viable pick, he's just strong, but I'm not too bent on keeping him if something else comes along.
Azumarill is also super awesome with Fairy type, as he picks up Play Rough at level 50 (which is like Aqua Tail, physical with 90/90), which gives him a double threat on his STAB. He has proven to be exceedingly awesome.
Sylveon is kinda halfway between Espeon and Umbreon, being a good special wall (especially since she picks up Light Screen), and also having a very respectable special attack stat. Also, dem ribbonlike feelers.

Last but not least, Bibarel of course needs a mention, he cuts trees, moves boulders, smashes rocks, and swims. <3

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Starting to work on a mildy bred team until Pokemon Bank comes out, and since some of my faves are unavailable I'm treading some new pokemon.

Aegislash (SD+3 attacks)
MegaGardevoir (Wish/Protect)
Gogoat (Assault vest tank)
Greninja (Life orb)
Throh (ChestoRest)
Talonflame (Acrobat/FB sweeper)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm glad Gardevoir is now considered a more powerful option than she used to be. I am very pleased with this myself, and still waiting for Christmas with high expectations...
Since you mentioned having a Sylveon, SerpentSounds, I'm going to ask you how one evolves Eevee to get it. It's been bugging me since they leaked it in all it's ribbon-emenating glory. Perhaps I'll use one when I get Y, if I can find a girl Eevee first, since a boy Sylveon will seem weird. Unfortuately, they seem as rare as Shinys, or girl Riolu.
Any interesting new pokemon anyone has to reccomend for me to use?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
I'm glad Gardevoir is now considered a more powerful option than she used to be. I am very pleased with this myself, and still waiting for Christmas with high expectations...
Since you mentioned having a Sylveon, SerpentSounds, I'm going to ask you how one evolves Eevee to get it. It's been bugging me since they leaked it in all it's ribbon-emenating glory.

I'm glad for Gardevoir, too. She really needed this.

I've heard, though I've not seen, that Eevee evolves into Sylveon when it has max Amie affection, and knows a Fairy-type move. It makes me wonder what will happen for Sylveon when Amie is no longer included in the games.

You seem to be very competitively minded, Mason. I'm sure that I could learn a lot from battling you. Is the Throh a placeholder for Hitmontop?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kinda, Throh is one of my favorite fighting types outside Top. once Bank comes out I'll go back to my old pokes. Or at least Weavile/Hitmontop/Rotom-H/Amoonguss while Gliscor and Empoleon are up for replacement.

Speaking of which, has anyone found any type gems yet? (Flying Gem, Fighting Gem etc.)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Kiga wrote:
I've heard, though I've not seen, that Eevee evolves into Sylveon when it has max Amie affection, and knows a Fairy-type move. It makes me wonder what will happen for Sylveon when Amie is no longer included in the games.

Yep, this is how I got mine. Eevee picks up Charm (now Fairy-type) at level 29, at which point you can evolve it provided you have enough Amie affection. Or, if you manage to get Charm as an egg move, you can get it nice and early. I waited until Eevee learned Baton Pass to evolve mine, though.

MasonTheChef wrote:
Speaking of which, has anyone found any type gems yet? (Flying Gem, Fighting Gem etc.)

So far I've only found a Normal Gem, just laying around.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was right. I cracked before the fifth gym.

Just finished the Flare plot line, and now I'm running Flair (Delphox), Luna (Gardevoir), Aurora (Doublade), Fiona (Salamence), Sylvester (Cloyster), and now Robin (Xerneas)

I was originally going to go with either Gliscor or Conkeldurr in my final spot, but coming up to the climax of Flare, it felt right to use Xerneas instead.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Beat the game with Greninja, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Talonflame, Heliolisk, Pangoro, and the HM slave Diggersby.

Greninja was the MVP followed closely by Talonflame and Venusaur. Heliolisk and Tyrantrum were fairly reliable. Pangoro was useful in certain situations but could have been replaced.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just beat the game yesterday with a team of Chesnaught, Pyroar, Blastoise, Aurorus, Stunfisk and Klefki. (And I also used an Aerodactyl as an HM slave for most of the way)

Stunfisk was really the only one that didn't contribute much, since I can't find the TM for Earthquake anywhere and they best ground move it learns naturally is Mud Bomb. Klefki ended up being my highest level at the end, but only because I got it off the GTS and it leveled really quickly.

I kind of regret not picking up a psychic type, since it seemed like there were so many fighting types and Klefki's steel type and overall lack of bulkiness made it not the best option. A pokemon knowing fly would have been good too since it was kind of a pain having to get Aerodactyl out of the box every time I wanted to fly somewhere.

Overall, I really liked my team and it did pretty well.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My team at the moment;

Combusken, Wartortle, Pancham, Braixen, Linoone, Pidgey. I've got 2 Pikachus in the Daycare Center so's I can get a Pichu egg, I'll probably put one of them back in my team afterwards. And Linoone will get replaced shortly, just because I'm using him to pick up items so as to get a few extra Poke-yen.

Play-through in Y will be a leisurely stroll with a lot of grinding. When I go through X, I'm thinking of trying a Nuzlocke challenge.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

BarnOwl wrote:
Play-through in Y will be a leisurely stroll with a lot of grinding. When I go through X, I'm thinking of trying a Nuzlocke challenge.

I plan to do a Nuzlocke of of Y myself, actually, sometime next year. Grinding is much, much easier in this game. My team was in the mid 70's range, with two above 80 by the time I actually entered the league, and this was without any hard grinding (aside from getting a level one Shellder to sixty something, which actually probably contributed a bit…). I could never really justify turning the Exp. Share off to myself. The chateau pretty effective as well, especially later on. Even if a Writ of Challenge and a Writ of Invitation cost two-hundred-thousand total, then even without the Amulet Coin, you get that back in two or three full runs through the building, which is pretty easy.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah Kiga, I'm mostly leaving the Exp Share on as well. I've turned it off a couple of times when leveling up a particular crittur to catch it up with the others. It's a huge improvement to have it sharing the exp pts between the whole team.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I became the Champion of Kalos today with Greninja, Meowstic, Talonflame, Venusaur and Aegislash. Diggersby was my main HM slave and I switched up the Pokemon I used for Fly, the current one being Noivern.

Diggersby was a regular member of my team early on but was demoted to HM slave after winning the second badge for me. Since I kept her around all this time (and was at a high level thanks to the Exp. Share) I let her get some action and sent her out against Diantha's final Pokemon (Gardevoir). I was also using Blaziken but put him in the box after I won the fourth badge with him.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm at the point where I need to go into the Winding Wood and my team are:

Chesnaught (M) - Lv.68
Modest (Boooo!) + Leftovers
- Aerial Ace
- Hammer Arm
- Seed Bomb
- Cut

I am so happy for Chespin. After the flak he took for Quilladin, he deserved the awesome looking Chesnaught (although I think Quilladin should have been the final Evo's name). He has not let me down in this game apart from his abysmal nature...

Pangoro (F) - Lv.68
Hardy + Black Belt
- Rock Smash
- Hammer Arm
- Aerial Ace
- Crunch

Loving this lady. Pandas are my favourite animal and again, she doesn't disappoint me. She has become much more useful in the later game.

Charizard (M) - Lv.67
Adamant (Boooo!) + Charizardite Y
- Strength
- Fly
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Claw

I've had my fun here. Charizard Y is eye candy, but I'm thinking of ditching him for a Kalos native. Maybe Hawlucha or Talonflame.

Tyrantrum (M) - Lv.66
Lax + Amulet Coin
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw

Love. Love. Love. Tyrantrum is just awesome. Needs more Stone Edge however.

Florges (F) - Lv.64
Careful + NA
- Tackle
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish

Want to swap this out for Sylveon, if I can get my hands on an Eevee. Apparently learns sweet FA after it evolves... Very disappointing.

Dragalge (F) - Lv.61
Rash + Lucky Egg
- Waterfall
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse

Cool to look at. Nice typing (I lub dragons). Really, really bad... So disappointing. Will probably swap this out for a HM slave so I can delete the useless moves from my decent monsters.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I ended up trying something new and doing a rotation, which mixed with the fact that I didn't keep EXP Share on for most of the time meant the game was actually quite challenging in places. Definitely suggest trying it out

Marked for prosperity. At the time of the E4, my team was
Greninja (Zoe) - Surf, Night Slash, PowerUp Punch, Grass Knot
Venusaur (Hanako) - Petal Dance, Venoshock, Toxic, Leech Seed
Goodra (Yuki) - Dragon Pulse, Rain Dance, Aqua Tail, Ice Beam
Heliolisk (Sumia) - Thunderbolt, Surf, Dark Pulse, Thunder Wave
Aegislash (O-Ren) - Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, King's Shield
Vivillon (Amélie) - Quiver Dance, Hurricane, Bug Buzz, Psychic

In the box:
Hawlucha (Pacquiao) - High Jump Kick, Fly, Hone Claws, Roost
Auroros (Emily) - Ice Beam, Ancient Power, Thunderbolt, Light Screen

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The game seemed exceedingly easy with the Exp. Share, so I turned it off before the 2nd Gym. I ended up playing the most underleveled game of my life, which added to the fun. At the time of the E4, my team was levels 55-59, yet the whole thing was a walk in the park. I beat the game on the 16th using these guys:
Garchomp Lv.54
Gengar Lv.55
Delphox Lv.56
Lucario Lv.57
Blaziken Lv.58
Yveltal Lv.59
I'm now in the process of making my competitive teams. I acquired a bunch of Friend Safari Dittos and am now breeding. I won't tell you my teams though :p.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't have the third badge yet but I decided on a rotation of eight Pokemon because I don't like that I didn't have a team of six all-new ones. I got up to Shalour City and then went on a massive breeding detour after I got the Everstone there.

These are the Pokemon that will stay in the rotation for the rest of the game:
-Adamant Azumarill, 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Bold Aromatisse, 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Timid Gardevoir, 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Jolly Malamar, 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Timid Delphox, 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Bold Sylveon, 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Bold Florges, 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Modest Aurorus, 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Timid Jynx, 31/x/31/31/31/31

These are the losers that will be replaced with genetically superior clones:
[completed]

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
...that will be replaced with genetically superior clones:

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:40 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I used Chesnaught, Talonflame, Aegislash, Dedenne, Tyrantrum, & Clawitzer

I always use Gen specific on my first play-through.

HeartGold: 4727-0718-7125

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I finally beat the Elite Four last Thursday, since I was messing around breeding and EV training some Pokemon for competitive use before I finished the game. I'd also turned off the EXP Share shortly after getting it, and realizing how broken it would be if I continued to use it.

My final team:
- Carver the Chesnaught Lvl. 58
- Jeanne the Aegislash Lvl. 59
- Domino the Malamar Lvl. 59
- Chapman the Aurorus Lvl. 58
- Carrie the Gourgeist Lvl. 58
- Clyde the Dunsparce Lvl. 57

Carver, named after George Carver, the peanut-scientist, was with me from the start, and even though his stats and nature were abysmal, I refused to ditch him. When I found Jeanne, I was excited to use such an interesting Pokemon, and named her after Jeanne D'Arc, the famous female French sword fighter. Domino, I has to look up the location for, because I'd wanted an Inkay on my team from before I'd even gotten the game, and Contrary is such a lulzy ability. Chapman was my obligatory fossil Pokemon, named after Roy Chapman Andrews, no less. Carrie, the last addition to my party, was love at first sight, since I've been begging Gamefreak for a Ghost/Grass for ages. And from the moment I ran into Clyde outside of Santalune City, I swore I would complete the game with him in my team. And so I did. I even swept Shalour City's gym using only him, which I got a real kick out of.

And a couple of side-members:
- Marlo the Pansear
- Petra the Wormadam
- Hernando the Squirtle
- Ogopogo the Lapras
- Corentin the Yveltal

Marlo and Petra were a couple of my early-game teammates, but I ended up eventually replacing them for some Gen VI Pokemon that I wanted to try out. I've never been much of a fan of using multiple starters, so I placed Hernando in the daycare as soon as I got him, and he's currently Lvl. 47 :lol: Ogopogo is my main HM slave, with a top-notch moveset of Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Rock Smash. And I couldn't bring myself to use Corentin to beat the game, since it's so strong, but I did solo Lysandre with him, which was neat.

So... yeah. That's my team, in a nutshell!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What a fun topic! I became the champion with a team of:
Delphox
Flygon
Lapras
Talonflame (more of an HM slave)
Lucario
Floette (didn't seem worth it to evolve her, what's everyone's opinion of Florges? :? )

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I got through the game with:

Blaziken (Loved the event Torchic)
Greninja
Venusaur (I love Bulbasaur, I must say.)
Gardevoir (The added Fairy type generally only helped Gardevoir.)
Lucario (Cause why not?)
Yveltal (Meh, I hate using legendaries so I probably should've picked up a Staraptor.)

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I decided to do an all fire team, since there seemed to be a lot of new, cool fire types and it's been difficult to do in past games.
Blaziken, Talonflame, Delphox, Charizard, Houndoom, Pyroar

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:21 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This was my hall of fame team, with the most badass listed first:

Worldslayer (Tyranitar): Physical Tank
Doomgape (Shiny Victreebel): Mixed Sweeper
Azai (Greninja): Mixed Sweeper
Excalibur (Aromatisse): Special Tank
BoBoBo (Furfrou): Toxic-Stall/Physical Wall
Mittens (Female Meowstic): Special Sweeper

Honorable Mention goes to my handy HM/False Swipe slave, RAWK HAWK the Hawlucha.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next