It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Mega Evolutions 
THE POWER IS ON!

Oh my GOD. This is really the first time I've seen a new feature/Pokemon/whatever from a new Pokemon and just sat in complete horror while wondering what the hell Gamefreak is doing. Yes, it's a bit of a kneejerk reaction and I could change my mind when presented more information, but as of right now? I HATE it. It just causes so many questions:

If Mega Evolutions are supposed to be like alternate new forms, why didn't they just use Mawile's and Absol's as actual new Pokemon?
If Mega Evolutions are supposed to be like actual evolution, why the hell did they pick Pokemon that are already part of three-stage lines?
Are these the only six that they're going to do for XY?
Why did they pick six totally random, completely unrelated Pokemon?
Why would they pick Blaziken but not any of the other Starters (insert RS remake conspiracies here)?
Why are the designs about as similar to the originals as actual evolutions like Klang/Klinklang and Pidgeotto/Pidgeot?

To be kind to the idea for a second, though, at least it's not Pokemon fusions. THAT would be the worst idea possible. >_>

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When I first heard of it I thought it was a complete and utter joke then I saw the Coro Coro scans and just facepalmed. I just don't understand the reasoning on concept behind Mega Evolutions. -insert fandom outcry of Pokemon becoming Digimon here-

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I will say that I'd love MegaMawile and MegaAbsol if they were just regular evolutions. OMG at a Steel/Fairy-type with Huge Power, get it gurl. <3

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mega Evolutions sound like the pokemon will evolve into something that is god-tier. Oh, please, don't let it come to that. The butthurt.

Goodbye
"

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hell I would be fine with it as long as it was just regular alternative forms with different stat distributions like Shaymin and Skymin. I will not deny the fact that I like the attention that Mawile is getting.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wouldn't mind this as much if they were just doing it with one and two stage pokemon. But I just think it's a terrible idea that they are doing this with pokemon that all ready evolve twice. Also, how does Ampharos turn into a dragon? That just doesn't make sense at all, its a sheep.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Ampharos's Japanese name is Denryuu, which can literally translate to "electric dragon."

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Ampharos's Japanese name is Denryuu, which can literally translate to "electric dragon."

Wat.

Okay, I clicked on psypoke, and as soon a I reach the page, I see those 3 new Pokemon, I was unhappy because of this ANOTHER MOUSE and this horrible bunny.

But I scroll down a bit and see these horrible things.

-Blaziken: Why him? He's already OU and pretty overpowered with it's speed boost ability. Why not other starters. What make him so special that he need to become a super-chicken?
-Lucario: My friend will be upset. His favorite pokemon being ruined by this new thing. And he doesn't even look good!
-Absol: I can't see it properly, but I can see that it have wings, so dark-flying? It's nice that Absol receive a boost, but a current normal evolution would just be perfect. No need for this thing we can only receive from special events. :/
-Mawile: I see that she as two heads now :/ I hate two heads thing. But like Absol, a normal evolution would have been much better actually.
-Mewtwo: No.
-Ampharos: Now you're talking! Mareep-Flaafy = sheep. Ampharos = mutant thing I don't know what is it. But now we can at least see that it's a sheep with all this wool, and it looks awesome!

So well, I hate this Mega-thing, it is by far the worst idea by Gamefreak. So le me not buying this game.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:

To be kind to the idea for a second, though, at least it's not Pokemon fusions. THAT would be the worst idea possible. >_>

I did read a comment elsewhere that pointed out some of the Megaevolutions seem to draw traits from legendary pokemon...

Blaziken looks like Yveltal
Lucario/Giratina
Absol/Reshiram
Ampharos/Fabio

These things look horrible though... Like every over-designed exaggeration come true.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Half of these mega-things look AWESOME; Mawile, Ampharos, and Absol. Absol especially. GO ABSOL! YOU HAVE WINGS, AND LOOK LIKE AWESOME DESTROYING ANGEL!
I'll say, the Lucario, Blaziken, and Mewtwo just ruin the look. Really, why not any other starters other than the Over-powered Blaziken? WHY.
Lucario looks like he's been melded together with a Hydregigon or a Darkria I'm afraid. They added RED to his color scheme. Red? On Lucario? NO. Even if he's based off of Giratina.

Until I learn more, I'll withhold ultimate judgement on whether this ruins pokemon. Over-designed exaggeration pretty much sums it up though.

NINTENDOE, STAY AWAY FROM MY GARDEVOIR AND GALLADE.
FOREVER.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I'm not really a fan....I'm actually a broomstick.

I don't like that they're doing these with Pokemon that already have a three-stage evolution line, and I REALLY don't like that they're doing these with Pokemon that were already really good to begin with. Absol and Mawile I'm completely fine with as far as them having a Mega form. Blaziken and Lucario don't need to be buffed even further.

Onto the designs, I do feel like "mega" seems to be a synonym for "design it like someone from DeviantArt would". All sorts of appendages and growths added so it looks cool in a blowing wind because 12-year olds like that sort of thing. With that said, I'm alright with Ampharos and Mawile's mega designs...also Absol, I suppose.

GhostPony750 wrote:
-Mawile: I see that she as two heads now :/ I hate two heads thing.

...she already had two heads, how did you not notice

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
-Mawile: I see that she as two heads now :/ I hate two heads thing.

...she already had two heads, how did you not notice

Wat.
She has one head with soem kind of... oh yea you're right, this is "kind of two heads".
But now she has 4 heads then.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:28 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GhostPony750 wrote:
She has one head with soem kind of... oh yea you're right, this is "kind of two heads".

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
Frost wrote:

I did read a comment elsewhere that pointed out some of the Megaevolutions seem to draw traits from legendary pokemon...

Blaziken looks like Yveltal
Lucario/Giratina
Absol/Reshiram
Ampharos/Fabio

These things look horrible though... Like every over-designed exaggeration come true.

I swear I'm gonna blow a gasket if they have these be somekind of fusions.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

[13:17] * Eagle4 (Mibbit@MZNation4i3nuj.fl.comcast.net) has joined #pokebeach
[13:17] <Eagle4> mega pokemon smh
[13:17] <Eagle4> huge power mawile smh
[13:17] <PMJ> U
[13:17] <PMJ> SO MAD
[13:17] <Eagle4> adaptability lucario smh
[13:17] <Eagle4> yeah i mad
[13:17] <PMJ> :D
[13:17] <Eagle4> ;_;
[13:17] * DNA is now known as DNA|DrinkingTears
[13:17] * !DNA|DrinkingTears sips

Hey, I don't like this concept any more than anyone else, but as long as it gets people crying, I'm okay with it.

Your tears are delicious, guys. Keep 'em coming.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:

What are you trying to tell me? D:

Mawile have this cute face with this huge mouth behind her head. So you said that count as two heads, right?
So now for the mega-mawile, I see two of those huge mouths. But since we don't see what's behind this, I guess she now have two cute faces?

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:12 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

...okay I just looked at Megamawile's picture again and she does actually have two of the horn-mouths now. My apologies for not realizing that, please disregard the facepalming statue.

With that said, two horn-mouths wouldn't mean two "normal" heads.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I...am actually fine with this idea, as long as the following doesn't happen:

A) NO FUSION. (enough said)
B) Every Pokemon gets one- No...this should be reserved for certain Pokemon.
C) Some of the.."lesser" used ones get a Mega Evolution, and just not the Overused/ fan crazed ones.
D) No legends. You already BOTCHED "mega-mewtwo". No need to ruin the others. (Yvetal and....what ever the X one is, are exempt from this, as I feel this is something they are gonna get).

Now on to how I feel about how the current ones released:

Mega-Blazkein: I actually think this design looks REALLY cool, but I have to ask, is all the starters gonna get one? Cause if it is JUST Blazekein, then its too much, Since Blazkein is pretty much OP. So I am currently on the fence with him.

Mega-Lucario: Eeeeh..... Im a little iffy with him. He looks kinda cool, but the picture of him is a little fuzzy.

Mega-Absol: Yes. This just looks freakin sweet I REALLY like the design for Mega-Absol, and I feel that Absol is deserving of this. This alone makes me wanna Use Absol.

Mega-mawile: Another deserving Pokemon, but the Picture is cut off. I will wait for a full pic to say how I feel about the looks.

Mega-Mewtwo: Of the 6 shown, this is the most dissapoting. Mewtwo went from Awesome "Im gonna kick your butt" to...Barney's son. Yes, Barney's Son. It is THAT bad. 15 years and that is all you can do for Mewtwo? ..No...just no...

Mega-Ampharos: I personally, dont like the Looks of Ampharos. Mega-Ampharos on the other hand, looks freakin cool. Kinda looks like he went Super-Saiin (I probably mispelled that.....Sorry to DBZ fans.....). I SERIOUSLY like the desigin of this more than I do Ampharos.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Absol has wings. AWESOME. Do you thing that it can fly? Maybe Mega Absol will be dark/flying! Well, probally not.

Huh, you're right, Mawhile has TWO heads now. What is it, a Deino? Still pretty cool. Ghost, to clear this up, it'll probably have One real head attached to the two false cool heads.

Since they have a Mewtwo Mega, will they have a Mew? I hope not, because Mega-Mewtwo looks like he pulled off his tail and wore it as a hat. :lol: In other words, rediculous.
I wonder what Mega Deoxys looks like. If they have one. I bet a Mega-Machamp would get, like, eight arms.
Scratch eight arms, it would look like an octopus. :shock:

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013 ... volutions/
GofD wrote:
I...am actually fine with this

Mega-mawile: Another deserving Pokemon, but the Picture is cut off. I will wait for a full pic to say how I feel about the looks.

Follow the link for a good picture of MegaMawile.

I'm just wondering how they are going to distribute out Mega forms If they are going to have every Pokemon have one at some point and release the forms via a mechanic like BW(2) Dream World or if its going to be something arbitrary.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/08/pokemon-x-y-new-pokemon-and-mega-evolutions/
GofD wrote:
I...am actually fine with this

Follow the link for a good picture of MegaMawile.

I'm just wondering how they are going to distribute out Mega forms If they are going to have every Pokemon have one at some point and release the forms via a mechanic like BW(2) Dream World or if its going to be something arbitrary.

Okay, Mega-Mawile, Im perfectly fine with. This is probably one of the few Fairy types I would actually use. (also thank you for the link)

And that is a good Question. From what I gather from the Snipet on the main page, mega Evolution, requires am Item. That being said Mega-Blazkein's Ability is Speed Boost, SO, that means one of two things:

1) When Blazkein evolves, he gets speed boost

OR

2) the item only works with a DW pokemon.

Hopefully we will get some more info in the coming months.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

CuteKirlia wrote:
Absol has wings. AWESOME. Do you thing that it can fly? Maybe Mega Absol will be dark/flying! Well, probally not.

On the corocoro scan Mega Absol's type is listed as Dark only.

I'm going to wait for more details about these Mega Evolutions but for now I am not turned off by the idea of 4 stage evolution lines or the possibility that every fully-evolved Pokemon will receive a Mega Evolution.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:04 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

A few more details on Mega Evolutions:
1) Pokemon transform during battle and revert to their normal form afterward
2) Mega Pokemon get increased stats (Lucario gets +Attack, Absol has +Attack/Speed), though no sign how much
3) Not every Pokemon gets a Mega form
4) It requires Mega Stones as a held item

So basically you're sacrificing your item slot for a stat boost. Also this does explain why pretty much all of them are slightly modified versions of the originals as opposed to drastic changes that an actual evolution would entail.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As long as this is the equivalent of Probopass/Magnezone/Leafeon/Glaceon I will be fine.

i.e. These are more akin to actual location based evolutions (special area/energy from a legendary) that can only happen in Kalos then I can get on board with it.

If it is anything close to resembling digimon then i'm out.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:07 am
THE POWER IS ON!

With the newly revealed information, I am more accepting of the idea because they're not permanent evolutions and you have to sacrifice something (in this case your hold item) to trigger them. I just hope that they aren't ridiculously overpowered. However, the fact that they wasted Mega Mawile and Mega Absol's designs on this concept burns me because they have about as much different from the originals as Pidgeotto and Pidgeot, Lickitung and Lickilicky or any other number of highly similar evolutionary stages. :/

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next