It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Evolutions!! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lapras needs a Baby Version

Kangaskhan needs a version where it's just the lil one in the pouch. Maybe not an evolution but like just a related pokemon. I dunno :P

Mr. Mime

Sableye and Mawile could use evolutions, maybe incorporate the evolutions into the Ruby and Sapphire remakes they need to hurry up and make :P

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They never introduce new Pokemon in remakes of old games, they just work with the existing Pokemon and make several Pokemon that weren't previously obtainable in those games obtainable somehow. They don't even introduce new forms with the exception of Firered and Leafgreen's Attack and Defense formes of Deoxys.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My votes go to {sableye} and {mawile}. They're both cool 'mons and they deserve it. And this is coming from the guy with a level 94 Shiny Farfetch'd named Sleek. As cool as an evo for it would be, it won't happen. Ever. Problably.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What about {skarmory} ?
Or an evo for {chatot} ?

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

NO. NO SKARMORY. NO WAY.
Seriously, it doesn't need. It's the greatest physical wall of the game. Evolving it would be insane.
Chatot is, again, a gimmick Pokemon (look Chatter mechanics) and unlikely to evolve.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd love to see Sableye and Mawile as well. Hmmm who else... Oh that's right.... PINSIR. COME ON. Scyther got one, GIVE PINSIR A PURPOSE! :D

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Arekasune wrote:
I'd love to see Sableye and Mawile as well. Hmmm who else... Oh that's right.... PINSIR. COME ON. Scyther got one, GIVE PINSIR A PURPOSE! :D

If they did give pinsir one, what would it be?
Would they make it steel/bug like that did with pinsir?

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Plz evolve Dunsparce, you're awesome!!!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:57 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I always thought that Pinsir should have gotten a Dark/Bug evolution to serve as Scizor's counterpart, but clearly that ship has long sailed. I'm kind of scared to see if they'll go back and touch anymore Kanto Pokemon in XY after seeing the things they decided to evolve in Gen IV, like Rhydon and Electabuzz. Because they'd probably ignore the ones like Farfetch'd and Pinsir while giving us stuff like Gyaragod and Starwe, I'm okay if they focus on evolutions for the Unova group first and foremost.

Also, branch evolutions are always welcome, ala Slowking, Gorebyss or Froslass. Johto had a nice number that complemented the existing Kanto Pokemon, so hopefully XY will do the same to Unova's Pokemon, which had NO branch evolutions at all. Scyther/Scizor and Porygon2/Porygon-Z situations in which the overall BSTs between the two family members are (almost nearly) the same are good too.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Honestly, I don't like that last idea. An evolution must be 'stronger', otherwise why do it? To get an extra boost from Eviolite?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pinsir and Skarmory are definitely good on their own, and really? Not too many people complained about Rhydon and Electabuzz getting evolutions considering they turned out to be strong Pokemon. Generation IV did a good job but if anything maybe they were too complacent that generation and focused too much on evolutions of past Pokemon. And likely because of that excess they gave it a break in Generation V (other reasons likely play into that too).

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

About Gen IV, I don't understand why they did an evolution for Magmar and Electabuzz, but didn't for Jynx. They're like a trio. So i'm hoping a evolution for Jynx this time.

And just because a pokemon is Strong doesn't mean it can't evolve. Scyther was Strong, but evolves...

"

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What if they give them pre-volutions
It wouldent benefit much but it would still be a good filler
Because really, they're running out of ideas for new 'mons

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Let's make an evolved form of Unown that is two letters stuck together! :D

...No. xD Although I would like to see them become slightly less useless in the form of gaining some kind of power/ability from having multiple Unown in your party.

The Pokemon I would like to see get an evolution is Audino because it's adorable. :3

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was thinking about a pokemon that evolves either into Tauros or Miltank.

"

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

We're not saying that strong Pokemon can't have evolutions, we're just saying that we hope they only give evolutions to old Pokemon that could really benefit from them (if they chose to include any of those types of Pokemon at all this generation).

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Giving strong Pokemon evolutions is pretty pointless. Rhyperior is a good example. In cases, the pre-evo is actually better than the final evo due to Eviolite (Porygon2, Dusclops). Evolutions must first be given to useless, outclassed Pokemon.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Rhyperior, PorygonZ, and Dusknoir were introduced before the Eviolite was. And if it wasn't for them, Rhydon, Porygon2, and Dusclops couldn't get the boost from Eviolite that makes them sometimes more threatening than their evolutions.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That's what I'm saying. Rhydon, Porygon, Dusclops, Electabuzz, Magneton, Magmar were all good Pokemon. Giving them evolutions was pointless in the first place. And the introduction of Eviolite made such evolutions even more pointless.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ChillBill wrote:
That's what I'm saying. Rhydon, Porygon, Dusclops, Electabuzz, Magneton, Magmar were all good Pokemon. Giving them evolutions was pointless in the first place. And the introduction of Eviolite made such evolutions even more pointless.

I don't agree with that. The evolutions aren't useless just because we have Eviolite. Since this item only rises Defense and S. Defense, its use will depend on your strategy.

But I have to say: Scyther. With Eviolite Scizor is a little useless. Don't you think?

"

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Guardian1239 wrote:
Let's make an evolved form of Unown that is two letters stuck together! :D

i know it is a joke but to me that seems a good idea

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have to admit that mentioning Scizor is a hit under the belt. But I'll counter it with this:
I said Eviolite made things worse. If you noticed, I said that powerful Pokemon are in no need of evolving in the first place. So yeah, Scizor, although being potentially better than Scyther due to typing, movepool and abilities, isn't necessary because Scyther is a pretty good Pokemon on its own (they even have the same BST).

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

For the evolutions mentioned, there are some distinct differences between the different stages
Rhydon is already a good Pokemon but Rhyperior gains Solid Rock as an ability which is better than Lightningrod or Rock Head. So there's that.
Magmar and Electabuzz work a bit differently than Electivire and Magmortar and in Generation IV (no eviolite) Electabuzz and Magmar definitely could've used evos because they were pretty frail. I'm not saying Electivire or Magmortar are walls either but you know what I mean. It is interesting how Jynx was left in the dust though.
Even before the eviolite Porygon2 was an option aside from PorygonZ because Porygon2 was already more defensive. However PorygonZ is more offensively powerful.
Dusclops might be the exception. Dusknoir didn't bring too much differently to the table but competitively if you know what you're doing you can't go wrong with either one.
And Scizor has been around since Generation II (since 1999 in Japan) and I think by now we've noticed Scizor and Scyther have the same BST and that using Scyther or Scizor is dependant on what you want to do. However most people end up using Scizor because 1.They ended up evolving their Scyther to continue to complete the Pokedex 2.Bullet Punch

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

3. 130 Base Attack.

I'm not saying that Rhyperior, Electivire or Magmortar aren't better than their pre-evos. Obviously they are. But they weren't needed in the first place.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well there they are. It's not like you can just have Gamefreak take them out of all future Pokémon games and erase people's memories of them.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next