It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 17 types forever? NOPE WE GOT FAIRIES! 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

christ people not every fairy is tinkerbell, it's no more or less "girly" than any of the other types

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know that. That's a good point, thanks for bringing it to my attention, but that's just the way it worked out for my pokemon. I'm not saying that Fairy type is girly, just that Dasher my boy Gardevoir has personal issues with being fairy type. :lol: The rest of my Gardevoir are estatic, because they are stronger against dragon types and maybe even dark types, but that's not been proved yet. Sorry if I made you guys think I thought Fairy types were girly and bad. :(
You know, this sort of reminds me that Gardevoir share some attribes with Ghost types. Completely random thing to think, but there you go, I think weird things.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
A source that spoke to Water Pokemon Master of Pokebeach back in February said that, among other things, there would be a new Fairy-type in XY that is strong against Dark, Dragon and Fighting, weak against Poison and Steel, resisted by Fire and Psychic, and has an immunity to Dragon. He also said the English names of Helioptile, Fletchling, Gogoat and Pancham and that there were would be an Electric-type version of Giga Drain, all of which turned out to be true.

I like the new Fairy type now, but I'm just disgruntled that the Steel type is strong against this type too, should this source be completely accurate. Of course, I'm just speculating, but maybe they will make changes to the spectrum of resistances that Steel has. *shrug*

sad but rad

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Honestly if the Fairy type turns out to work exactly like that, that would be pretty scary. But I'll just wait until it's official.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
Honestly if the Fairy type turns out to work exactly like that, that would be pretty scary. But I'll just wait until it's official.

I agree. I have a feeling that if this is true, Steel types may end up being paired with dragon types more frequently. But we do have to wait and see what the facts are. (I am kinda hoping this is true, so my Scizor can go nuts with bullet punch, MUHAHAHAHA)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What I don't get would be why FIRE resists it. Hmm. That's just weird. And the weak against Steel part might make for some interesting battles.
Hey, Gardevoir is Fairy and Psychic type, and Lucario is Fighting and Steel. If they fought which would win? Their types boths have lots of interest strengths and weaknesses against each other. I just wonder, if we focused solely on types there, who would win? It would depend more on the specific pokemon though, wouldn't it?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
Hey, Gardevoir is Fairy and Psychic type, and Lucario is Fighting and Steel. If they fought which would win? Their types boths have lots of interest strengths and weaknesses against each other. I just wonder, if we focused solely on types there, who would win? It would depend more on the specific pokemon though, wouldn't it?

As with all Pokemon Battles that depends on the Pokemon is built and how the person plays said Pokemon. We really cant focus SOLELY on type, since a Pokemon battle is built up of many other factors.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:49 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Honestly I'm thrilled if the rumors about Fairy-type's matchups are true (and I'm guessing they are because so much of the insider info already has been confirmed). It will go so far in rebalancing the currently busted type chart it's not even funny. Poison and Steel finally get offensive strength against something else. Fire and Psychic finally get a little defensive strength. Dark, Dragon and Fighting all get the nerf that they need (granted, Dark needed a nerf a little less than something like Water, but eh). The only change I wish would happen is that Ice would get a resistance to Fairy because Ice is like the only type that's completely unbalanced in one way that Fairy doesn't address at all.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

CuteKirlia wrote:
What I don't get would be why FIRE resists it. Hmm. That's just weird. And the weak against Steel part might make for some interesting battles.

Fairies, according to mythology, are deities that reside in nature and may contain magical qualities. I guess they thought of it in the sense that fairies are part of nature, which symbolizes life, which is destroyed by fire. It makes sense to me in that context idk

I suppose since Steel is now strong against Fairy, it would give me more of an incentive to train steel types even though they aren't my favorites.

sad but rad

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh. I get that now.
I just got bored and read the entire chat on this subject now, and I'm considering laughing. I looked at previos post of yours Frost, and you mention Mawhile maybe becoming Fairy/Steel type. I thought it was Dark/Steel, so I sorted mine into my Dark Type PC box. I feel kinda dumb now... :shock:
And that's also another thing; If they mess around with this new type a little, it'll be great fun. If they mess around too much... well, it'll ruin the game. I bet you 5 bucks that this new typage for Mawile will make it a better choice for most people. Fairy is weak to Steel. Combine them? Maybe too strong... Then again, we can always rely on fire types. I think that's all mawile might be weak to from X and Y out.
And I really think Fairy type's cool, but they might nees to stop adding types after it. Ya know.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

If the rumors are true, Mawile would have neither of Fairy's weaknesses (thanks to Steel's immunity to Poison and resistance to Steel) but all of Steel's would remain intact. There's also a rumor that Mawile could get an evolution too though so who knows. Either way I don't think just slapping a Fairy-type on a lot of these Pokemon would suddenly make them powerhouses. Azumarill might be pretty good as a Water/Fairy-type because he's already quite good and the Fairy-type would help him distinguish from the tons of other Water Pokemon, but nothing's really saving Wigglytuff.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Huh, I mostly forgot about Steel's weaknesses. But, isn't Steel only weak to Fighting and Fire? Fairy type neutralizes the Fighting weakness, so Mawile would only be weak to Fire. But, seeing how I'm no typage genius and I tend to be wrong in everything I say, I'm probally missing somthing here too?
I wonder if you should all just ignore my posts, since I don't seem to have anything correct to contribute. :(
But Fairy type is pretty cool. :)

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:28 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Steel is weak to Ground, Fire and Fighting. Also, there's been no confirmation -- or even rumors from the insider information -- about what Fairy resists, if anything. It's said to be immune to Dragon and that's the only defensive interaction that's been stated/rumored so far.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

African fairy (Tikoloshe):

Australasion (Yara-ma-yha-who):

Swedish (Radande):

English (Barghest):

That's not counting goblins, Trolls, gremlins and the plethora of Celtic fairies (including leprechauns).

There is ZERO need to stress about this being a type full of cute pink balls.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
There is ZERO need to stress about this being a type full of cute pink balls.

Most of them, if not all of them, will be cute pink balls.
Because I doubt Mightyena or Raticate will be fary.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:08 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Primary colors of the known Fairy-types:

-Blue: Marill, Xerneas
-White: Swirlix, Gardevoir, Flabebe
-Pink: Jigglypuff, Spritzee

And Sylveon is a mix of all three, but her main body is actually white. So the majority of the known Fairy Pokemon aren't even pink right now.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

cute pink balls = girly Pokemon.
I hope that all the fairy types won't be girly Pokemon, that's what we're talking about.

When we ear "fairy", we are mostly thinking about Disney fairies and those girly stuff.
But there are also werewolves, and many other things that could fit into this category. (Mightyena?)

If they don't touch my horse it's fine for me.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not really sure what to think of the fairy types right now. Maybe they'll be some interesting ones, like the creatures Superpull is talking about. But honestly, take a look at the only four pure fairy types.

Flabebe; It has a FLOWER. A FLOWER. That does not strike me as very far from "Cute pink ball"

Sylveon; Have you seen the bows? It looks like it jumped into a box of ribbons.

Spritzee; Cute pink ball.

Swirlix; Cute (Light) pink ball.

And Ghost, Rapidash is a unicorn. The word Unicorn screams fairy-type, and I (suspect) they WILL touch it. Sorry.
Perhaps Dasher has something to worry about afterall.

Anyways, my point is that I based off of what we have so far, we'll get an awful lot of cutsie ones, though not all of them will be cute pink balls.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:18 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Oh, there are plenty of badass faeries out there. Just look at the ones from MTG. Half of them are evil and carry lances.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
Oh, there are plenty of bad*** faeries out there. Just look at the ones from MTG. Half of them are evil and carry lances.

I doubt that half of these fairies will be "evil and carry lances".
Have you not seen SWIRLIX for heaven sake? I bet people will be raging about that one like they rage about Vanillite and Trubbish. I mean, it's a cotton candy pokemon, it will have HATERS. Lots of them. Not that I hate it, but Dasher rests his case that being a fairy type will be no picnic for him.

I like fairy type, but really, Spritzee and Swirlix are pink puff balls of weirdness.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It annoys me when people hate Pokemon for that reason, and not only that but they keep bringing it up as if I love to hear them rant about hating Trubbish and not Grimer or Koffing (I like all 3 but get my point?) And I bet after they're done hating on them for a while, they eat some cotton candy or ice cream and think it's delicious. There are some good reasons to not like Pokemon (stats, personalities, association with topics or trainers, personal reasons) but then there's some not good reasons...

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Swirlix actually seems pretty popular for some reason. I never see that many people hating on it despite the widespread venom the Vanillite line receives because BAWWW THEY'RE ICE CREAM. Double standards run rampant in this fandom. :-/ REGARDLESS it's definitely not pink and it's not even a stereotypical Fairy since it's only that type in the first place because cotton candy is known as "fairy floss" in some countries.

And CuteKirlia, Xerneas is also a pure Fairy-type and is the furthest thing from a cute pink ball.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I admit, you guy got me there. I don't hate Swirlix either. ;)

For argument's sake though, Swirlix isn't quite white. Its a very light, light pink, like a shiny Gardevior's normally pure white dress. People just think its white because it's so light, and that's what they classify it as. Ok, I guess its more of white with a little pink tinted in it. Plus, it's feet and tail/stick? are pink.

Xerenas is Legedary. Those are nevercute pink balls.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Forst wrote:
Xerneas is also a pure Fairy-type

Oh nice!
The only thing I hope is that they're not going to stick with the stereotypical fairy, being the girly thing.
I hope for dark, mean, spooky fairies.

Originally, people used to fear fairies, because they were demonic things.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

To Paraphrase Pratchett:

Fairies are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Fairies are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Fairies are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Fairies are glamorous. They project glamour.
Fairies are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Fairies are terrific. They beget terror.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next