It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:21 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Do you wish for a remake of Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald in Gen 6? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

LWK wrote:
Well, I've started with RBY too but I did enjoy the remakes of FRLG and HGSS. To me, I felt that they've retained their originality with some added bonus. Playing these remakes brought back many good old memories of me playing the older games.

Exactly why I still play Firered!
I'd like, of course a remake of RSE, but sadly, I'm sure they will remove nice stuff and add boring and useless stuff...
Like the Safari Zone in HGSS, really disappointed.

For me, FRLG was the perfect game, only need contests and secret bases.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I started with RSE and I think it would be amazing if they made a remake.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
I started with RSE and I think it would be amazing if they made a remake.

Right there with you, that's what I started with too, and they were great games, It'd be pretty cool to get a 3D Kyogre (or Rayquaza/Groudon)!

And too veer off the topic, I love how my laptop thinks that I misspell all the pokemon names (and pokemon) lawl.

ImageThe time has come to speak of other things, of shoes and ships and ceiling wax and cabages and kings! And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings! Kalue kalae no work today! We're cabbages and kings! Credit to Dragoboy for the AWESOME sig.!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
72% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on the side of a building about to jump, if you're the 27% who would be sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!" then copy and paste this to your signature.

you don't see those statements too often these days....and these were popular when people said the same thing about the Jonas Brothers. I know right it feels so long ago.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I kind of agree it's hard to play the remakes if you started on the originals. I'm a day one Red/Blue player, but I didn't care for FR/LG as much as playing the originals, even without the running shoes. But I do actually like HG/SS, they were pretty good remakes.

Even being an old school pokemon player, I think GEN 3 was my favorite, so the chance to see it again with improved graphics would be fine by me, and of course there are always the fun times of playing an older game but with the newer pokemon. Amusing to have an entire team of ??? pokedex entries to play the main story mode with.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah but at the time of their remakes it was pretty clear that Kanto and Johto needed to be revisited and updated. What has helped me accept a possible R/S remake is the fact that those games turn 10 in March. I would also want a new Pokemon Pinball game. It seems like Generation 3 and 4 were full of spinoffs but Gen V just had Pokepark 2.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

vaporterra wrote:
I would also want a new Pokemon Pinball game. It seems like Generation 3 and 4 were full of spinoffs but Gen V just had Pokepark 2.

Completely ignoring Conquest, Dream Radar, (super) Rumble Blast, Pokédex 3D (+pro), Typing Adventure, and the to-be-relesed Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Would like to see a new pokemon pinball as well, it's been awhile.

I don't necessarily think that GEN3 needs the upgrades, everything was pretty much instituted in GEN 3 that is common for mechanics at least right now, and you can already get all the Pokemon from Hoenn over into the DS games via pal park, so it's not like we are missing anything for a complete "Legit" pokedex (won't lie, I've AR'd some old ones when I was too lazy to pal park transfer over 2 different versions).

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hoenn was a decent region, and Gen III was awesome. If they do make remakes, they won't do it only for the sake of Pokedex (unless there is no backward compatibility in Gen VI), but for the sake of seeing an old school game with new, improved graphics and mechanics we've never dreamed of before, while of course keeping the old elements that make the recipe successful.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ya, I really loved the Hoenn region, it had great areas to explore. Really I wouldn't mind a 3D version of all the regions though, after seeing the screenshots of X&Y.

I still stick with the idea that it'd be nice to finally have a game that visits every region all in one cartridge. Ya, I know that will never happen though. Crazy huge game that spans every zone and has all the evil teams working together to bring about destruction would be fun.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Whether we like it or not, there probably will be a remake of ruby and sapphire (not emerald). There's no reason for there not to be. Look at it this way: Game Freak/Nintendo can make money out of it, and the main plot, characters etc. are already there so it would be easier than making a game from scratch.
There'll probably be FR/LG (R/G) remakes after that, and eventually D/P after that.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, since FRLG are remakes, we go straight to DP. Probably.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ChillBill wrote:
Actually, since FRLG are remakes, we go straight to DP. Probably.

Yes, but FR/LG are older and on the GBA, while D/P are on the DS which has only just gone out of use (in terms of Pokémon games)

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As long as people keep buying, they will keep making.

And of course I plan to keep buying them, haha.

Now think of the changes though if they do release Sound/Light typing (theory crafting of course) then remake old ones again with the addition of new types/old Pokemon with new typing. Could be fun, at least it does add a splash of change to the remake instead of a straight port with better graphics.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Completely ignoring Conquest, Dream Radar, (super) Rumble Blast, Pokédex 3D (+pro), Typing Adventure, and the to-be-relesed Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity.

Dream Radar or Dream World, to me, doesn't count as a separate game. My Pokemon Ranch is more of a game than it, at least in my book.

The Pokedex 3Ds I didn't really consider games either but more like apps for reference, especially since the first Pokedex was free.

I Did forget about Rumble Blast and Conquest. My bad.

Typing Adventure was very badly advertised in North America and I still forget it exists time and time again. Definitely not gonna be one of the best spinoffs in Pokemon History.

And MD Gen V hasn't come out yet so it doesn't count.....yet.

Quote:
[Like the Safari Zone in HGSS, really disappointed.

Are you kidding me? The Safari Zone was a great addition to HGSS and a lot of people wanted it, anticipated it, and enjoyed it, including myself. You get a lot of cool Pokemon at a decent part of the story giving you quite a few more options and it was an interesting concept of you designing the Safari Zone and decorating it to get certain Pokemon to appear. However if the next Safari Zone isn't too similar to HGSS, I wouldn't be heartbroken either.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

HG/SS Safari Zone was pretty fun I thought. Pain in the rear at first, but it was nice to be able to twick and customize it how you wanted and get a lot of Pokemon you normally wouldn't see.

I liked the hidden bases as well.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ChillBill wrote:
Oh please... Krisp is a member of the Lite Four. Stuff like character limits and reasons don't apply to her. She's above all of us.

Or she added 23 spaces to it

I don't believe any pokemon is better than another, (although Arcanineis my fav) I would just use a Bidoof as soon as a Charizard, I would rather lose with my own Magikarp then win with a traded Mewtwo

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wrong again.

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Look. They just make it very small. Very, very, very small.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Gen III: Great, deserving of remakes on the 3DS

This Thread: Terrible, degraded into a troll war, or something

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gardevoir was the pokemon that really got me hooked on the series. I wouls love to see a remake of Ruby and Sapphire because of the fact that Gardevoir was intorduced in those games.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:
Gen III: Great, deserving of remakes on the 3DS

This Thread: Terrible, degraded into a troll war, or something

Having a troll war on this tread that I started would be the last thing I wanted here. I just want to see some reasonable discussions and opinions among members regarding this topic.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It degraded when James and Shiny asked an off-topic question.
The correct answer is that it is capable through the use of using colored text.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yes i think they should itd add new variety 8-)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

the emerald remake should be a lot like the gold silver crystal remakes i liked how they created two different versions yet with so little differences :o
game freak should allow the gym leaders to trade pokemon with the player (i really would like their ace pokemon :twisted: )
like the underground in platinum they should expand the underwwater sections in hoenn

Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next