Yes 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Do you like the new Pokemon? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
The National dex has been obtained, with the final number being at 718 for the Z legendary Zygarde (Ground/Dragon).

#666 is Villivion, all bow down to your Bug/Flying Overlord.
Goomy/Goodra is the Pseudo-legendary.
No new trio but rather Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres.

Wow....over 700 Pokemon, OO. Does playing Pokemon count as a Good reason to take time off of work?

Goomy/Goodra is the dragon Slug thing right? Ehh....Would have LIKED to see something other than Dragon in the Pseudo Spot again. We only have 2 Pseudo Pokemon that arent Dragon, But what can ya do, Ill likely end up liking this guy anyways.

And I agree with Kiga, Kinda dissapointed to see the Lenendary Birds, considering they were in Gen 4. However if they have a Mega, I might be able to like it. (Of course, if you think about the Pokemon Bank thing, they might have included them for people who arent able/ dont want to pay for the Pokemon Bank System.)

Kiga wrote:
It seems to me, that this might not be due to a lack of creativity or because they are focusing on Megas and Fairies too much, but rather they could have realized that the amount of Pokemon is growing too large, and some of the older pokemon are being lost and forgotten by the fans. I realized the other day that I had completely forgotten about pokemon like Dunsparce and Walrein, for example; this would explain the Mega forms very well. So now they are trying to limit the actual amount of new pokemon, while still filling in the basic format - the Starter-Class, the token bird (Fletchling), rat (Bunnelby), and Pikachu (Dedenne), as well as the fossils (which is something they must have regretted dropping in Gen II), and at least few dozen other pokemon, which include at lease one new line in each type as a bare minimum.

This does seem like a logical explanation to the lack of newer Pokemon, and the introduction of Mega's (something I already commented on). 700 Pokemon IS kinda hard to remember, and lets face it, some peoples favorite Pokemon Get overshadowed by newer ones, so its actually a good idea. I do agree they could have lowerd the # of Gen 5 pokemon to appear in this Gen, since it they were last gen and more easy to obtain then some of the older Gen Pokemon.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:16 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oddly enough I hate all Pokémon generation above 4. I guess im better off with the older generations because I know more and grew up on them. It just isn't the same anymore.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:27 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF?!?! I GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT.

... What does Zygarde look like?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:55 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

CuteKirlia wrote:
WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS STUFF?!?! I GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT.

Zygarde

A few people got copies of XY before the street release date. One person with the game is leaking stuff on Something Awful and at least another two are leaking stuff on /vp/. Some of the leaks might be coming from others idk.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:33 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Zygarde is a green and black serpent. He almost looks like he could be bug type. Actually, here is a pretty accurate drawing of him.
edit: ninja'd

I think all of the last round of reveals we've seen the past couple days have been pretty good. My favorites would probably be Zygarde, Goodra, Dragalge, and Mega Gardevoir (they seem to be pretty popular among everyone else, too).

I'm a little disappointed with Florges, I'd have to say I still like Floette better.
Zygarde is one of the coolest looking legendaries I've seen to date.
Goodra is like an awesome cross between Goomy and Dragonite.
Dragalge takes Skrelp's design to a whole new level (too bad his stats are terrible from what I've seen).
Mega Gardevoir is basically Gardevoir with a ball gown, still fabulous <3.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
Mega Gardevoir is basically Gardevoir with a ball gown, still fabulous <3.

I like to think those are legs, Go Fairy spider queen!

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh, so there will be a Mega Gardevoir? Would someone please post a link? I've tried looking, and all I end up with is some poorly drawn fan art, and some of that perverted art that is quite annoying to wade through. Gardevoir is one of the Mega-Evolutions that I was waiting for, and I'm sure that CuteKirlia would appreciate a link as well.

Also, with all of this news, is there any indication of X and Y forms being spread out, or is it just Mewtwo and Charizard? I don't know which sites are actually trustworthy, aside from the news here, and from Celebi, and Celebi is kind of being dead weight at the moment as far as news is concerned.

...Also, Zygarde, I love. Definitely one of the better designed Legendaries, in my opinion; it's a shame about the double weakness, though. I appreciate that they have stepped down the intricacy that Zekrom and Reshiram, and then Kyurem afterward, were introduced with.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone wondered what the likes of Trick or Knock Off would do to a Mega-Evolved pokemon? Trick might just gain more importance in the competitive world.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:53 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Kiga wrote:
Oh, so there will be a Mega Gardevoir? Would someone please post a link? I've tried looking, and all I end up with is some poorly drawn fan art, and some of that perverted art that is quite annoying to wade through. Gardevoir is one of the Mega-Evolutions that I was waiting for, and I'm sure that CuteKirlia would appreciate a link as well.

Also, with all of this news, is there any indication of X and Y forms being spread out, or is it just Mewtwo and Charizard? I don't know which sites are actually trustworthy, aside from the news here, and from Celebi, and Celebi is kind of being dead weight at the moment as far as news is concerned.

http://i.imgur.com/U3dPh34.jpg Mega Gardevoir. Linked because the pic is extremely large.

And no, there haven't been any version-exclusive Megas other than those two. All the Mega Stones seen so far are just normal Mega Stones, not "Blahblahite X" or "Blahblahite Y" as Charizard and Mewtwo's are.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/U3dPh34.jpg Mega Gardevoir. Linked because the pic is extremely large.

And no, there haven't been any version-exclusive Megas other than those two. All the Mega Stones seen so far are just normal Mega Stones, not "Blahblahite X" or "Blahblahite Y" as Charizard and Mewtwo's are.

Thank you =) This picture is much appreciated.

I wonder, with the flushing out of the green on her body, if they were trying to give a pure, perhaps angelic, form? She seems to be a bit taller, as well. Aren't her legs normally so frail that she needs to use her psychic powers to walk with them? Maybe they'll describe her power is such that she can fully sustain floating movement, now…which would enhance the angelic image. Yet, for all of this 'angelic' influence, she still appears to be glaring… Ah, I guess some things never change...

Good. I'm glad that she evolved. She is one of my favorite, and I've been waiting for a chance to use her competitively for some years now, but could never find a suitable place for her. I hope that now I can. It looks like they'll focus on her Special Attack and Defense though, and maybe HP, but not her speed, but if the boost is comparable for her to what Mewtwo Y received, who it seems was reliably found by Smogon to have a Special Attack base base of 194, then who knows.

That's a shame about the lack of alternate Mega Stones, though. That would have been such an interesting dynamic in battle.

Last edited by Kiga on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cherrygrove wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:

Zygarde

A few people got copies of XY before the street release date. One person with the game is leaking stuff on Something Awful and at least another two are leaking stuff on /vp/. Some of the leaks might be coming from others idk.

Wow... epic!!!! :shock:
It looks wonderful, love the look. :P

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*SQUEEEEEs like a fangirl*
It's MEGA GARDEVOIR!
Her dress is rather poofy, and yes she's not as green anymore. She does look more angelic, and perhaps taller as well, as Kiga pointed out. Before, she seemed more to have a flow-y sort of gown, but now it's a total billow-y ballgown. I'm still unsure if I totally love her, but I know that's what Sparkle is going to look like once I trade her to Y/X. I can't wait to hear more on her stats, though it looks like her speed isn't going anywhere if you ask me.

Our hopes and dreams have finally come true... Gardevoir is practically guaranteed a niche ! Now, this makes me wonder if they're planning to add Mega Gallade to accomadate her...

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ehhh, was never really a fan of Gardevior, and this still doesnt make me one *Ducks under table*

Ahh, so not every Pokemon that has Mega will be getting two forms. I have to say its a bit of a mixed feeling. Im somewhat dissapointed cause it would make for an interesting change, but im also glad cause it probably would have made WAAAAAY to many Megas.

As for the third Legend...Holy Cow I want one. Right now. Im serious. Give meh.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Ehhh, was never really a fan of Gardevior, and this still doesnt make me one *Ducks under table*

*Drags GofD out from under table.* "COME OUT GIRATINA! SEND HIM TO THE REVERSE WORLD FOR A TIME-OUT!" *Giratina pops out of my Masterball and sucks GofD into the Reverse World, as well as going there itself to make sure he seves his time-out for the alotted three hours.* "YEAH!" *Feels very much better.*
Glad we got that matter out of the way. Now to business:

GofD wrote:
Ahh, so not every Pokemon that has Mega will be getting two forms. I have to say its a bit of a mixed feeling. Im somewhat dissapointed cause it would make for an interesting change, but im also glad cause it probably would have made WAAAAAY to many Megas.

As for the third Legend...Holy Cow I want one. Right now. Im serious. Give meh.

Yes, it would annoy me if I never knew which mega my oppoment was to use. Charzard X or Y? Muscle-y Mewtwo, or Tail-on-head? That would irritate me if every Mega was like that, because I might end up summoning Abol in expectation of Mewtwo Y, and end up with X using Close Combat or something.

I rather like Zygarde too. Will there eventually be a pokemon Z to accomodate it? It annoyed me when Nintendoe made Black and White 2, instead of a Grey for Kyrem.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:51 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

CuteKirlia wrote:

I rather like Zygarde too. Will there eventually be a pokemon Z to accomodate it? It annoyed me when Nintendoe made Black and White 2, instead of a Grey for Kyrem.

I would be very surprised if Game Freak did not make a Z version. Also, Xerneas is still the superior Gen VI legendary~

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
I'm also starting to worry that weather is staying the same this gen, honestly that's the one thing that will have me quit playing the meta for X/Y...
(There was an image of a thunderstorm weather leaked, but to me seems too visible compared to other weather moves shown that I feel it's a area in-game rather than a weather effect.)

So rumor around the /vp/ mill is that auto-weather got nerfed to 5 turns (10 with weather rock) and the effect has to end before the weather user can restart it.

IMO not the best cure for it. Especially if more drought and drizzle users are available. but it's a nice and very welcome step.

The electric field is said to be a effect more similar to trick room than weather, and boosts electric attacks. Also there's apparently a grass one that recovers grass-types's HP every turn.

In Super training there has been balloon figures of what is likely MegaTTar and MegaAggron. But stones have yet to be found.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:
I'm also starting to worry that weather is staying the same this gen, honestly that's the one thing that will have me quit playing the meta for X/Y...
(There was an image of a thunderstorm weather leaked, but to me seems too visible compared to other weather moves shown that I feel it's a area in-game rather than a weather effect.)

So rumor around the /vp/ mill is that auto-weather got nerfed to 5 turns (10 with weather rock) and the effect has to end before the weather user can restart it.

IMO not the best cure for it. Especially if more drought and drizzle users are available. but it's a nice and very welcome step.

The electric field is said to be a effect more similar to trick room than weather, and boosts electric attacks. Also there's apparently a grass one that recovers grass-types's HP every turn.

In Super training there has been balloon figures of what is likely MegaTTar and MegaAggron. But stones have yet to be found.

So..... from what I understand from reading......Auto weather now lasts the same # of turns as its move counter-part?

.........Im not impressed. Although I am not a user of weather mons, I see this as a move too far down. A decrease in the effects they give would have been nicer.

As for "electric feild" and the grass variant..... Makes me want the grass Juggernaut, MORE!

Mega TTar? MegaAggron? WOOT

CuteKirlia wrote:
*Drags GofD out from under table.* "COME OUT GIRATINA! SEND HIM TO THE REVERSE WORLD FOR A TIME-OUT!" *Giratina pops out of my Masterball and sucks GofD into the Reverse World, as well as going there itself to make sure he seves his time-out for the alotted three hours.* "YEAH!" *Feels very much better.*
Glad we got that matter out of the way. Now to business:

Heyyyyy......Im a little too old for a time out....

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:52 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

The weather thing was a hoax, and also isn't new Pokemon-related. :P

Still so lamed out by only 69 new Pokemon (minus Events)... it's honestly deflated all of my hype for the games. Which sucks because the new Pokemon are all quite good on their own, but the type variety is horrible, and even Johto had 30 more Pokemon than this.

I honestly wish they scrapped the Megas and just made 30ish new pre-evolutions, evolutions and Legendaries like they did for Diamond and Pearl because almost none of the Pokemon they gave Megas to needed them, whereas Mega Mawile and Mega Absol could have been real evolutions, Sableye could have evolved, etc. And having only three Legendaries is quite bizarre. I know "there's too many Legendaries!!!" is a big thing in the fandom but they could have at least given us an actually new trio instead of sending out the Birds to roam a region that isn't Kanto again. And there's still no Poison Legendary (yet).

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:

Well… that's kind of a shame. It's understandable, and a move in the right direction, but it's just a move that's a bit too far, in my opinion. I might be a little biased, though, as I run a Politoed competitively. It would be be better, in my opinion, to hold the weather indefinitely while the actual weather user is in battle, and then start a count down after they leave. And then, spread out Cloud Nine and Airlocke to some more viable users, and maybe make a TM move that ends or stalls weather, rather than simply changing it. This should also be applied to the Rooms, something that can generally cancel the effects without having to change them, like Rapid Spin does for Traps.

On the subject of Rooms and Traps, I wouldn't really mind seeing an ability that automatically established a Room, but was did not hold an eternal effect. I would also like to see limitations on traps, so that they would 'deactivate' after being 'activated' enough times. Or at least an ability that automatically removes traps upon arriving on the field. If they did create these, though, the pokemon themselves might not be too good… the real reason that Politoed and Ninetales even get to see the OU circuit is because of Drizzle and Drought; they are generally outmatched, otherwise, even if they have a few other uses.

But still, the Affinity Fields look like fun.

PS: Frost beat me.

Well, there's always hope that (one of) the Event Legendary(-ies) will be a poison type… and the lack of the new trio is still disappointing. So the weather thing is a hoax? Then just consider this post as something that I think could be done to balance weather…

Does speculation on possible future abilities and attacks still count as New-Pokemon related?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:

Well I'll admit it would have me disliking a few pokes a lot less... but my shame for falling for hype on /vp/ without double checking.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE: A video posted showing it only lasts 5 turns in x/y http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIydIvSSQU

Kiga wrote:
ell… that's kind of a shame. It's understandable, and a move in the right direction, but it's just a move that's a bit too far, in my opinion. I might be a little biased, though, as I run a Politoed competitively. It would be be better, in my opinion, to hold the weather indefinitely while the actual weather user is in battle, and then start a count down after they leave.

Completely agree with this, or just have it end outright when the ability is removed from battle.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:
Frost wrote:

Well I'll admit it would have me disliking a few pokes a lot less... but my shame for falling for hype on /vp/ without double checking.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE: A video posted showing it only lasts 5 turns in x/y http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIydIvSSQU

Kiga wrote:
ell… that's kind of a shame. It's understandable, and a move in the right direction, but it's just a move that's a bit too far, in my opinion. I might be a little biased, though, as I run a Politoed competitively. It would be be better, in my opinion, to hold the weather indefinitely while the actual weather user is in battle, and then start a count down after they leave.

Completely agree with this, or just have it end outright when the ability is removed from battle.

Well, darn. I took hope from Frost. Anyway, I stand by my original thoughts. It would be better to let the weather bleed off, though, so as to allow synergy within the team. Otherwise, people might as well start dancing, instead. Aside from the two originators, Tyranitar and Hippowdon are the only two singularly viable weather users in Gen V, and I still debate Hippowdon sometimes. I would bet that Politoed and Ninetales would not be near as common in the OU if they were the only ones to benefit from their weather. I don't know enough about the new users to really argue for or against them yet, though.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Now I know why they added only 50 Pokemon, maybe or maybe not counting Megas. It's because they had to go back and turn like 700 Pokemon 3D! That must have been a lot of work in and of itself, so duh they won't be able to come up with as much as they did for Unova or anything. And even for Unova, they added in animations, and that must have taken time.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:18 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I hate that people keep bringing up the 3D thing as a reason for why we only got 70 new Pokemon. It honestly starts to feel like an excuse after a while. 3D models existed of every single Pokemon before XY so, if they REALLY wanted, they didn't have to make so much more work for themselves that they had to keep the number of new Pokemon low.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cherrygrove wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:

Zygarde

Interesting. Zygarde looks a LOT like Quetzalcoatl!

Well, I haven't gotten very far into the game yet, but from what I've seen, I like the new Pokemon. But, for the most part, I'm pretty easy to please. :D

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I HAVE THE ANSWER!
...To Ash's immortality.

Read the Pokedex entries for Xerneas and Yvetal;
Xerneas: Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before it's revival. / When the horns on it's head shine in seven colors, it is said to be sharing everlasting life.
Yveltal: When this legendary Pokemon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the lifeforce of living creatues. / When it's life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more.

Either Ash has a secret Xerneas friend or he is a Yvetal in disguise! OH MY GOSH, WHERE'S MY MASTER BALL, I'M GOING TO CATCH ASH KETCHUM!

...Yes I am aware that I am overreacting, but it's so much fun..

I'm going to name my Yvetal Ash.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aegislash is the **** =D.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9