It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Do you like the new Pokemon? 

Yes 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like Fenniken, but when I saw its 1st stage evolution, I felt like crying.

ITS GOING TO BE ANOTHER FIRE-FIGHTING, ISN'T IT?! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

WHY, NINTENDO?!

XD Yup...

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Um. No. There's nothing even remotely Fighting-esque about it. In fact because it's based on a WITCH, it's quite the opposite actually.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If it does become Fire/Fighting (which seems super unlikely), at least they waited until the Final Evolution for once, am I right? That counts for something :P

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm sorry, I know that Frost got here first, but really, that statement was ridiculous. Braixen is based off a witch, or perhaps a Kitsune; most likely a mix of the two, even. Compare her to Combusken, Monferno, and Pignite. Can you really say that she's going to be another fighting type? Have you seen the introduction video for these evolutions? Did you notice that she uses the stick in her tail like a wand? If she's not going to be pure fire, then my bet is on a Fairy subtype, which would actually be the opposite to fighting, as Frost said.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I bet you're right. She'd better not be Fighting; Otherwise, Kalos would be infinitely darkened and sad forever in my perspective. It is really cool, how she has that stick, and uses it as a wand. I wonder what her thrid evolution could possibly look like? Either way, she had guranteed that I shall never choose Chespin or Froakkie.

I just love her! <3

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm. Everyone here has a point. Fire-Fairy IS possible. It would be just awesome too. :lol:

Now that you said something, I really did make a stupid comment... :oops:

XD Yup...

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm sorry, I just reread my earlier comment, and I realize that I may have come off a bit harsh…

But really, there would be a lot of people that would be unhappy if Nintendo puts out another Fire-Fighting starter, and they must know this. On the other hand, they are introducing a new type, and what better way to showcase it than to go all the way: a Fairy Legendary, a number of new pokemon with the Fairy type, a number of old pokemon given the Fairy type, Fairy type cards, and so on. Why not have a Fairy type starter class pokemon to show that they can break an annoying trend?

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:01 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Chances are Fennekin's final evolution is going to be part Psychic, not part Fairy. The rumored leak information that's been 95% right about everything said that Fennekin becomes Fire/Psychic, and Fennekin's line has been confirmed to learn about three or four different Psychic-type moves so far. And a witch being a Psychic-type isn't too far of a stretch, even though Fire/Psychic is a very underwhelming typing defensively.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would have posted something yesterday, but my face felt like it was gonna fall off, so I probably would have just written some nonsence, Annnnnywhoo, my thoughts:

Fennikin will LIKELY end up being Fire/ Psychic. The reasons, Pretty much what Frost said. However, I will say that there is a SMALL chance that Fennikin could end up being part Fairy type. My reason? When I look at Fennikin I do cant help but think, Fox Spirit. The attributes are there, Human like fox, able to use "magic", the peices are there. Of course one could say Fox spirit=part ghost type, But I would have to decline that option, since fairy would make abit more sense That said, Im gonna have to say Its a 90 percent chance that its gonna end up Fire/Psychic with a 10 percent chance itll end up fairy.

For Chespin's Final Evo, Im leaning between Rock and Ground, with a VERY small inclining to step into Steel territory. The description giving for his second evolution, Really doesnt fit a "dark" type, so unless he has a DRASTIC personality change, I just cant see it. Anyways, my thinking for Rock/ground and steel is that in the description, it says that it shell gets harder and is used to repel attacks. That kinda sound like a rock/steel type. As for where the ground comes in, I point to Torterra. I personally feel there is a greater chance for this guy to be part rock type, Because this guy looks like he is going to be rather defensive in the end. Steel is the better of the Defensive typings, but I just dont see it. Therefor im gonna say 70% rock, 25% Ground, 5% steel.

Froakie is a bit harder. I want to say Fighting, his apperance Kinda speaks to me as a lean nimble fighting type, Having a good fairly half decent attack, but mainly relays on his speed. But..then I look again and see a Pure Water type. Lean, not much on him to produce "drag" (other than the fur(?) around his neck.). But then I read the description, and it says he wraps rocks in his bubbles, so maybe he'll be a rock type?? I really done know with this one. Its so close, I can be swayed either way.

Of course there is the chance Nintendo can just make em all "pure" Fire, water and Grass typings. Cause ya never know.....

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

While Fire/Fairy, Water/Fighting, Grass/Steel would make sense with the new type matchups, I just can't see it happening. I feel like Gamefreak won't push the fairy type on us as harshly as most people expect. I'm hoping that Fairy's introduction as a type is gradual, similar to Steel.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't think there's going to be a Fairy starter either but it would be incredibly dumb if they hype up this new type and then end up giving us like a dozen Fairy Pokemon and five Fairy moves and calling that a day. A lot of people were frustrated when Dark and Steel were introduced because there weren't enough Pokemon of those types to do mono teams, some of the ones they made weren't very usable (Murkrow, Sneasel) and their STAB moves were mostly terrible other than Crunch.

Also they have to go harder now because unlike when Dark and Steel were introduced, there's 649 existing Pokemon rather than 151, and like 500 existing moves rather than 160something. Fairy doesn't have to as plentiful as Normal or Water or something but they should at least aim for about as many Fairies as there are Ghosts or Dragons.

---------------

It was originally leaked that the Starters were supposed to be Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark before news reports flip-flopped to Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting. I think the original report could be accurate after seeing the directions the middle evolutions are taking in design and name. Quilladin has the word paladin in its name and that would be much more suited to Fighting than Dark. Braixen is clearly based on a witch, so Psychic. What muddies the original report is that Frogadier's naming schemes in various languages refer to things like organized leaders and army ranks. A lot of people also think he's based on the "rogue" thief role. Frogadier could go either way in the Dark vs. Fighting debate, but it would have to be a huge swerve for Quilladin's evolution to be Grass/Dark IMO.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So, most likely it's Quilladin = Grass/Fighting and Frogadier = Water/Dark?

In a way, it makes more sense for Quilladin to be Dark, so it could pwn Fraixen's Psychic typage when it evolves. You know, like the Sinnoh Starters, how Infernape's Fighting typage gives it the opportunity to pwn Empoleon once they evolve? Of course, it's a bit rougher when you throw in Torterra's Ground typage, but still.

A Dark/Psychic/Fighting lineup for starters would be great, as long as the rumors are true, and Fraixen doesn't get stuck with Fighting.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
I don't think there's going to be a Fairy starter either but it would be incredibly dumb if they hype up this new type and then end up giving us like a dozen Fairy Pokemon and five Fairy moves and calling that a day. A lot of people were frustrated when Dark and Steel were introduced because there weren't enough Pokemon of those types to do mono teams, some of the ones they made weren't very usable (Murkrow, Sneasel) and their STAB moves were mostly terrible other than Crunch.

Also they have to go harder now because unlike when Dark and Steel were introduced, there's 649 existing Pokemon rather than 151, and like 500 existing moves rather than 160something. Fairy doesn't have to as plentiful as Normal or Water or something but they should at least aim for about as many Fairies as there are Ghosts or Dragons.

---------------

It was originally leaked that the Starters were supposed to be Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark before news reports flip-flopped to Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting. I think the original report could be accurate after seeing the directions the middle evolutions are taking in design and name. Quilladin has the word paladin in its name and that would be much more suited to Fighting than Dark. Braixen is clearly based on a witch, so Psychic. What muddies the original report is that Frogadier's naming schemes in various languages refer to things like organized leaders and army ranks. A lot of people also think he's based on the "rogue" thief role. Frogadier could go either way in the Dark vs. Fighting debate, but it would have to be a huge swerve for Quilladin's evolution to be Grass/Dark IMO.

I agree with you on the Fairy typing, Nintendo has a big task in giving us enough Fairy Pokemon and Moves, while not overdoing it, but also not under-doing it.

I don't know about Grass/Fighting for the final form of Quilladin. I see what your saying about his name and description, but I just dont see the fighting typing. I do agree with you on the Dark typing.

Fraixen is really a no brainer. It's gonna be Psychic. (But I still stick with my low percent chance of it being Fairy)

Frogadier, Dark?.......Well.....putting rocks in your bubbles is kinda sneaky and playing "dirty"........I think his final typing is gonna be a surprise for us.

CuteKirlia wrote:
So, most likely it's Quilladin = Grass/Fighting and Frogadier = Water/Dark?

In a way, it makes more sense for Quilladin to be Dark, so it could pwn Fraixen's Psychic typage when it evolves. You know, like the Sinnoh Starters, how Infernape's Fighting typage gives it the opportunity to pwn Empoleon once they evolve? Of course, it's a bit rougher when you throw in Torterra's Ground typage, but still.

A Dark/Psychic/Fighting lineup for starters would be great, as long as the rumors are true, and Fraixen doesn't get stuck with Fighting.

Sorry, Im gonna have to disagree with you, Quilladin's description mean a Dark type really doesnt make much sense.

I do agree on the second part though, a sub triangle of Dark/Psychic/fighting would be awesome, and a nice change from past gens.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've heard a lot of rumors about the type of Braixen's evolution, although I've not heard much about the types of Quilladin's and Frogadier's evolutions, oddly enough. When Chespin and Froakie were released, I though that they might be Grass-Ground and pure Water initially, but Fennekin; with Fennekin, I've heard that she'll have a Fairy-subtype, I've heard that she'll have a Psychic-subtype, and I've heard that she'll be pure Fire. I was thought she'd be based off of a Kitsune, rather than a Witch, until I read what Frost wrote. This is actually the first I've actually heard of a leak, however, and if there is a Psychic-Fighting-Dark sub triangle in the starters, well then I'd be overjoyed. I mean, I'm getting tired of Fighting type starters to the point that I'm hesitant to see it on non-Fire type, but another type triangle in the starters would actually be interesting to see.

Which way would it go, though? There still seems to be debate there. If Frogadier's evolution has a Fighting-subtype, then the triangle effect would ultimately be negated, as each would have a strength and weakness to each other. But if it goes as Frost says, and Frogadier evolves into something with a Dark-subtype, then that would double up the strengths and weaknesses, which would be much more challenging, with regards to their type interactions.

Based on that observation, I would like to see the Grass/Fighting-Fire/Psychic-Water/Dark triangle that Frost indicated. Not only that, but if Fighting and Dark are indeed the subtypes of the other two, then Fairy would be overpowering, which is something that I would not like to see.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost isn't the only one that's mentioned the possibility and the interesting matchups that Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting would be.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No, he isn't, as far is I can tell, he's the one who started it here. I've not seen this information anywhere else, as I mentioned, and it's easier to list him as the source for this thread than to provide a list that includes everyone else who has, when as far as I know, they are acting on his information anyway. I apologize if I have misunderstood the actual source or situation, or if I have offended you, but I responded based on what I understood at the time.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I am pretty excited for pyroar. I know that we already have luxray, but there is just something about pyroar's design that says "take me along, and together we will lay waste to all things."

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, it does look amazingly similar to Luxray. Darn it, now I have four fire types I want to journey with! How can I ever pick between Litleo, Fennikin, Torchic, and Charmander? Actually, scratch Charmander and Torchic, I'ma go with the lion and fox. :P
I needa Ralts too, just to make my gameplay complete. YES, 3D RALTS!

And I want a poodle and a Flabebe so bad... There's too many cool new pokemon to pick from...

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, the fossil Pokemon are totally epic, probably the best so far. :shock:

And I DO like Furfrou, except when it is pink and stuff. When it's plain it looks good, except for the nose, look like it was taken from sonic.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Subject: Do you like the new Pokemon?

CuteKirlia wrote:
Yes, it does look amazingly similar to Luxray. Darn it, now I have four fire types I want to journey with! How can I ever pick between Litleo, Fennikin, Torchic, and Charmander? Actually, scratch Charmander and Torchic, I'ma go with the lion and fox. :P
I needa Ralts too, just to make my gameplay complete. YES, 3D RALTS!

And I want a poodle and a Flabebe so bad... There's too many cool new pokemon to pick from...

Do what Ash did in Unova. Train several. That's what I plan to attempt to do, anyway, with a core of three.

Yes, Ralts is very much needed prior to the Elite Four in-game. Fairy-Gardevoir needs to shine!

I like Pyroar's design, but the colors are so bright…actually, Pyroar might be based off of Gryffindor, with that color scheme… and I like how the female Pyroar is noticeably different than the male. That is something that annoyed me with Luxray. I can never quite remember the difference off the top of my head, aside from the shorter mane.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Huh, I suppose I could try to train several. I usually just catch six to actually use, and get a few more that I resolve to train, but don't until after the 'Lite Four.
The only difference between Luxray is the manes. I personally think they should have make the mane size difference more noticable, and that the Female Luxray should have gotten the bigger mane. Roserade has the same annoying vagueness with the diffence in cape sizes, and I think the males ought to have the longer capes. Ah, even Nintendoe cannot be awesome 100% of the time. Perhaps not even 73%.
I think Blue FurFrou looks best.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, Pyroar does kind of remind me of Luxray. It might be a fire-type version of it. Well, AND Normal-type.

Kiga wrote:
I'm sorry, I just reread my earlier comment, and I realize that I may have come off a bit harsh…

But really, there would be a lot of people that would be unhappy if Nintendo puts out another Fire-Fighting starter, and they must know this. On the other hand, they are introducing a new type, and what better way to showcase it than to go all the way: a Fairy Legendary, a number of new pokemon with the Fairy type, a number of old pokemon given the Fairy type, Fairy type cards, and so on. Why not have a Fairy type starter class pokemon to show that they can break an annoying trend?

That's okay. :)
But yeah, I'm over the whole "Fraixen will be fighting-type" thing... XD It was a stupid comment. I thought about it, then I'm like, "Wait a minute... :lol: "

Oh well.

XD Yup...

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH! Okay, Tyrantrum Looks freakin awesome. BEST FOSSIL POKEMON EVER. Hands down, no contest.

Aurorus......Eeeeeeeh......I like the design.....But the.....Wings? Fans? .....Whatever is on his neck, Im not just not feeling it to be honest. Its move though is VERY interesting. An Ice type move that supers effective against water types? Yes, I like this development. (And when you think about, makes it wonder why they took 6 gens to make a move like this.)

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:57 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Aurorus > Tyrantrum but this is the second Generation where both Fossilmon are cool. Too bad Aurorus is never going to see the light of day with that horrendously bad type combination, and especially if he's unfortunate enough to play the Cradily/Bastiodon/Carracosta defensive role to Tyrantum's Armaldo/Rampardos/Archeops. Even Dragon/Rock isn't too hot defensively, but I seriously doubt that Tyrantrum is going to be the defensive one of the duo. D:

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My toughts about Aurorus: Another Meganium lol.
And it have a great move against one of the most overpowered type, water. So I guess it is not that bad, but it will suffer the Meganium thing, it will be useless.

For this other dinosaur, I'm quite neutral. There's only a front picture with fire everywhere, can't see anything.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next