It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Will you be able to use your GBA Pokémon? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I know you cannot play a GBA game on the DSi or Lite or something, which probably means you can't play them on the 3DS, so I was wondering something. If I had the GBA games, traded my Pokémon to the DS games, would I be able to trade them then to the 3DS? I know the game hasn't come out yet, but I was just wondering if anyone had some good guesses. I feel like this needs a visual.

FRLG/GSC/RSE -Trade-> DPP/HGSS/BW/BW2 -Trade-> XY

I don't know if that helps. I'm not really sure how to ask what I'm asking... It's too late for me to be thinking.

I guess I'll just say what I'm wanting to do. I want to be able to trade my Charizard from LeafGreen to Gold, then Charizard and Typhlosion to Ruby, then Charizard, Typhlosion, and Blaziken to Pearl, then Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, and Infernape to Black, then Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar to X. Do y'all think this will be possible? I'm making this very complicated, but I'm tired, so that's how it has to be done.

Thu May 09, 2013 11:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The answer is yes.
Would suck to not be abble to trade the old Pokemon to the newest games.

Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As stated above, yes

By trading the poke from your LG to D/P/PLT or HG/SS via pal-park

Then from that to B/W or B2/W2 via Poke-Transfer lab

Then to however you'ed get it to X/Y

You would end up with your poke
It's just time consuming
Which I hate doing

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Fri May 10, 2013 3:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, cool. I didn't know how the process works, as I've never owned a handheld system before.

Fri May 10, 2013 4:46 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

There is no actual confirmation that XY will have backwards compatibility with BW/BW2. If it turns out that it does, then yes, you can bring your third Generation Pokemon up to Generation VI via DPP and then BW to XY. Otherwise, no, Generations III, IV and V will be isolated in the same way that RBY and GSC are cut off from the later games.

Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Frost wrote:
There is no actual confirmation that XY will have backwards compatibility with BW/BW2. If it turns out that it does, then yes, you can bring your third Generation Pokemon up to Generation VI via DPP and then BW to XY. Otherwise, no, Generations III, IV and V will be isolated in the same way that RBY and GSC are cut off from the later games.

Do you really think GameFreak would do that? Not making it backwards compatible I mean, since it had such a positive feedback when they added it and haven't made any hint of taking it off? I mean it would completely suck having to let go of all the Pokemon that you've worked so hard on specially after they give us so many things to get involved in raising specific time consuming Poke's in BW2. Plus having carried some over for so long I mean I've literally had my Arcanine for like a decade I think I love that damn thing more than my kid lol (jk don't have kids) but letting him go would suck

Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

If the mighty dollar speaks, Gamefreak would do it in a heartbeat. Actually, I wanted to say this in my last post, but all of the people who are pining for RS remakes more than anything else Pokemon-related in life should HOPE that XY lack backwards compatibility, otherwise it would be pretty redundant to have remakes of games that are still indirectly compatible with the current Generation.

Mon May 13, 2013 12:07 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Frost wrote:
If the mighty dollar speaks, Gamefreak would do it in a heartbeat. Actually, I wanted to say this in my last post, but all of the people who are pining for RS remakes more than anything else Pokemon-related in life should HOPE that XY lack backwards compatibility, otherwise it would be pretty redundant to have remakes of games that are still indirectly compatible with the current Generation.

Well you make hell of a point there, but well it was nice brainstorming with you and enjoy your life. I hope you enjoy X & Y

Mon May 13, 2013 11:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Since no one else has mentioned it ... According to the on-cartridge "manual"; "This game does not support communications with previous Nintendo DS Pokemon games or other Pokemon games." I'm figuring from this that there is no way to transfer pokemon from older games (even B/W or B2/W2). This kind of makes me sad, but on the other hand, it might be good as we're all starting on a level playing field so to speak.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:00 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Barn Owl, since the last time this thread had replies, Nintendo announced some online applications called Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transfer. For $5 a year, you can store over a thousand Pokemon on Nintendo's servers and Pokemon Transfer lets you bring up Pokemon from BW/BW2. But right now there's no way to transfer because Transfer isn't available until Christmas.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
Barn Owl, since the last time this thread had replies, Nintendo announced some online applications called Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transfer. For $5 a year, you can store over a thousand Pokemon on Nintendo's servers and Pokemon Transfer lets you bring up Pokemon from BW/BW2. But right now there's no way to transfer because Transfer isn't available until Christmas.

Ah! Was wondering what this "bank" was I'd seen mentioned a couple of times. May be worth it I guess. Thanks Frost!

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]