It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Black 2 / White 2: Icy Terrain Ideas 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What do you think the new iced-over Unova is going to be like?
Do you think there will be changes to the areas or we wont be able to access them at all?
And how do you think it ties in with the story?

DISCUSS!

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:04 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I figure that since Kyurem is part Ice type, we'll have access to the icy areas once we deal with Kyurem (i.e.–kill it or catch it or something else to advance the plot). If you look at the map for BW2, you'll see on the southwest corner a small city (with a pokémon center), from where I assume we start our journey. :)

Also, it's interesting to consider the fact that BW2 takes place two years after BW, and there are already plenty of new cities and gym leaders.

One last thing: look at the rival's pants. What the heck is he wearing? XD

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PowerPeanut wrote:
One last thing: look at the rival's pants. What the heck is he wearing? XD

My fanny pack, my fanny pack!

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well there is one thing we know for sure: There was a big lack of ice-Type pokemon in BW1 - So we can tell by the map that we might see a lot more this time round!

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OshawottFTW wrote:
Well there is one thing we know for sure: There was a big lack of ice-Type pokemon in BW1 - So we can tell by the map that we might see a lot more this time round!

Bulbapedia wrote:
Generation V introduced the most Ice-type Pokémon of any Generation, with eight

That's 1/4 of all ice-types.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Of all the Pokemon created in Gen V, Ice and Poison had the lowest number (they tied at 8). With the addition of the new terrain and a poison type gym (the first one since Fuchsia!), those two types should get some more of the spotlight. Ideally, there should be an equal number of each in a region, maybe with exceptions for Normal and Water.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Except aside from new forms, I don't think we're getting any new pokemon. Maybe there will be more ice types, but chances are they'll just be from previous games.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DragoBoy wrote:
OshawottFTW wrote:

Bulbapedia wrote:
Generation V introduced the most Ice-type Pokémon of any Generation, with eight

That's 1/4 of all ice-types.

Bulbapedia wrote:
I'm not very reliable, don't listen to me. ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, Bulbapedia is very reliable. Its as reliable as this site is! But I hope there is more ice types, because I do love using fire types!

Goodbye
"

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Samurott wrote:
Actually, Bulbapedia is very reliable. Its as reliable as this site is! But I hope there is more ice types, because I do love using fire types!

... I still don't think Bulbapedia is reliable but that's my opinion. However, I do agree that there should be more ice types and I love using fire types too.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

There are probably going to be a lot of places like Route 216/217 and Acuity Lakefront from Gen 4 with high snow, lots of hail and low visibility.

Act Like you know.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sorry, I'm new to fourms in general.
Anyway, I thought at first it would be like silver where you beat the main story first then you get to go to the area from the last game. Thinking about it now makes me uncertain though.

Sun May 06, 2012 6:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Somewhere on the internet drooling over a Mewtwo EX Card...
I was guessing that the iced over areas is where Kyrem is trying to TAKE OVER AND KILL US ALL erm, attampt to take control/attack/make its territory. But thats just a guess.
Or maybe thats where Zekrom and Reshiram are fighting Kyurem?

and I grew attached to the name. xD So..its my username in a lot of places and my RP Mewtwo's nickname.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun May 13, 2012 3:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm hoping some iced over areas might be unfrozen underneath. sort of like an underground city accessible via cave or underground tunnel. with the advance in graphics the DS systems have made as of late I think it might be a nice twist on the ice theme. there's also a chance, and I'm guessing this mainly for the section where we have to go deal with Kyurem on this part, that we might run into a combination of the Chargestone cave(or in white 2s case a thawed area with steam or another heat related area condition) , and Articunos locations the Kanto and Johto areas.were ice and the respective versions other element run rampant. (even though to be honest after dealing with seafoam islands without any sort of guide during Generation 1, ice dungeons leave a bad taste in my mouth in general).

story wise I could see them spinning it like emerald with the whole raised sea level or lowed sea level thing.a sort of "we must stop team plasma from trying to freeze humanity in a block of cold icy doom" apocalyptic type scenario, mayhem , destruction, mutant zombies in the streets on weekends you know...the usual.

editing note: sorry spell check didn't kick in on the first attempt.

Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So why is this frozen over in the first place? Maybe it's cos the hero of the first game woke and pissed Kyurem off? Have you guys seen the animated trailer for the game yet? If not head to IGN RIGHT NOW and watch it. (sorry, I'll add a link later) there is a part where the hero runs into a city that has been engulfed in ice, but it looks like the area will still be accessible. It does show the hero having some sort of battle there, so maybe team plasma is using it as some kind of hideout?

Aaaaanyways, I highly doubt that team plasma is trying to do some kind of apocalyptic end of the world type thing, cos their goal is to liberate pokemon, my thought is that N will try to step in and try and be a hero and try to stop Kyurem

Fire Water Earth Wind

Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]