It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Forget 'Gray', What about the 'Combo Games'? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I just faced Cynthia in Black, and GameFreak put a possible Easter Egg in her after battle speech. She says, "If you want to know more about me, come to Sinnoh!"
It sounds like the fifth gen will have a pair of games that will follow in the footsteps of FRLG and HGSS. But what will they call them? I think that they might use Ruby and Sapphire, if the pattern follows itself.

Goodbye
"

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Are you saying about a remake of Ruby and Sapphire? It's possible, but I have no idea about names.
However, Cynthia states that you have to go to Sinnoh to know her. But you can't go to this region by those games.
I think is something more commercial. Like, "play a Generation IV game, and you will find me there" or something like that. I think this is for those that had Black & White as their first game and didn't play another game.

"

Last edited by Wongz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Now that you mention, it could be for promo reasons. Also, I was looking at 'Jiggz Needs Your Help', someone asked about Mistralton City Airport. They asked if there was a second region or something. I think its a possible Easter Egg for the Sixth Generation. Which will probably come out when the teams come back...
Excellent! More potential users. More potential carnage!

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think they should do something like Gen II games. 2 regions that are connected, and the connection in Unova could be the Mistralton Airport.
Since Gen II I'm hoping for something like that.

"

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Try not to get too off topic.
I've been thinking of what they might call the 3rd gen remakes, and I got nothing. Its so hard to think of the names they might use!

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sorry about the off topic post.
I was thinking about the remakes. If they do a Gen III remake, I guess is to make those games compatible with Gen V games, since you can't transfer your Pokémon from RSE directly to BW. But I'm not sure about that.
The Gen I and II weren't compatible with the other games, so a remake was necessary.
It's hard to think about a reason to have a remake.
Also, I was thinking about Gen VI. Will they do a DP remake for Gen VI (if they do a Gen VI)?

"

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I thought that too (that there's little need for a remake) but then someone in the chat pointed out that ten years is a long time to the target audience of the series: ten-year-olds. In 2013, Ruby and Sapphire will have been around for ten years... hard to believe when you're 20. Still doesn't feel like that long ago... but means a whole lot more when that's, you know, all the years you've been alive.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think as long as nintendo is making the green stuff we'll see more pokemn remakes, although we won't have to worry about diamond or pearl remakes until there's a completely new handheld. I like the idea of ruby and saphire remakes because they were so iconic to me, it was a major leap forward from gold and silver and frankly I'd like to see them in 3D. I guess we might be in need of another red and blue remake sometime soon, huh?

Fire Water Earth Wind

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

^ This. FR and LG were great and all, but they're still completely outdated at this point, both graphically and gameplay wise. I would also LOVE Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and I'm sure they're close to doing it to be honest, because Nintendo has no reason what-so-ever to stop remaking the older games. It's a genius strategy; remakes get the old fans (even people who've stopped buying newer Gen) to get back into pokemon from nostalgia (not to mention people who DO still follow the series), and the younger audience who haven't played the old games yet buy them as well.

As for me? Bring on the remakes. I'd love to see Ruby/Sapphire, and I'd love to see Red and Blue with all the updated game mechanics.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Amen. Again amen. I'd like to see them play with the connectivity a little more too, I think it'd be cool to be able to synchronize my games, but I'm straying off topic. Combo games. Genius nintendo. now give me 3D pokemon. please :D

Fire Water Earth Wind

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wongz wrote:
Are you saying about a remake of Ruby and Sapphire? It's possible, but I have no idea about names.
However, Cynthia states that you have to go to Sinnoh to know her. But you can't go to this region by those games.
I think is something more commercial. Like, "play a Generation IV game, and you will find me there" or something like that. I think this is for those that had Black & White as their first game and didn't play another game.

Govani said"We shall meet again"at the last time we battled him.He means other games,so,yes,I totally agree with you.

[url][img][http://www.marriland.com/phpbb/index.php[/img][/url]
I am a christian and I am proud of it!Copy and paste this if you are too.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

^^^ but how many bad guys have we heard say this that NEVER came back?

Fire Water Earth Wind

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]