It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Interesting Little Tidbit... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm really hoping that I don't sound like a complete n00b, but I have recently found out something I had never realized before. I'm definitely not the first to notice, for sure, but I'm not sure how many other people have not realized it yet also.

I was playing my Platinum for the heck of it, and was at the Battle Fronteir. I walked into the Battle Castle, and selected my team. Darach led me to the battlefield, and I was set up for a match with an opponent. Lady Caitlin then ordered the match to commence. Then it struck me. Lady Caitlin. Caitlin. THE Caitlin! I couldn't believe it! Caitlin from the Elite 4 in B&W is the head of the Battle Castle!

I decided to look further into the matter, and looked up what she says during battle. It turns out, she has psychic powers. Well that figures. Nearly every Psychic gym-leader/E4 member has some sort of psychic abilities. She then went on to say that when she was younger, and lived in a different region, when her emotions would flare up during a battle, her powers would be unleashed and she had no control over them. THAT'S WHY DARACH HAD TO BATTLE FOR HER! SHE WASN'T JUST A STUCK UP BRAT! Caitlin went on to say that she had eventually mastered her control over them, and joined the Elite Four.

So that's it. I personally think that this is a really cool bit of hidden information, and am really happy that Nintendo decided to give her character more backstory, in a way that all makes sense. Feel free to discuss this, other bits of interesting character background information, or just argue about random stuff. Never mind about that last part, we don't want this to become a spam thread. :?

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I suppose that means the Unova story happens after Sinnoh and Johto. Awesome.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This is quite cool. I like little things like this. Like, when Jasmine appeared in Sinnoh. Just little things.

Another interesting titbit: American's changed the word titbit to tidbit, because the first three letters were 'offensive'.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:23 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My favourite little tidbit is the music. While on Routes, the percussion only plays when your character is in motion.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That's what Ilike about Pokemon (and Nintendo) games! They always give lots of attention to the smallest details. That is awesome!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah i know it's really cool and it's especially best when people like us notice and appreciate those little things

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I figured that out too, but I just thought that she couldn't fight because of the unfairity of predicting the opponents moves in a "formal" battle... Yeah, I'm stoopid. :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I found another little something as well.

In Iccirus City, during the Winter, you can reach a certain house. In it, is the foreign Rocket Grunt from HGSS! You know, the annoying one who stole the part from the Power Plant and hid it in Cerulean Gym. He's gotten married and had a kid.

I really like it when Nintendo brings minor characters from previous generations and gives them a cameo in newer games. Sorta like in DPP when Jasmine gave you the Waterfall HM.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've also noticed that sometimes Nintendo brings characters forward in time, too, and forshadows future games.
Examples:
Jasmine in DPPt before GSC remakes
A dude in the Valor Lakefront talks about wanting to see Clefairy dance under the moon, a silver bird Pokemon, a gold bird Pokemon (GSC referances), and a rocket ship blast off into space (isn't that an Emerald referance?)
Stephen in HGSS (maybe)
A weak example, but: Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in HGSS(?)
Random "new" Pokemon sometimes appear in the anime (like Sinnoh Pokemon in Hoenn in Temple of the Sea)

Also, I saw a thing on Youtube that is probably fake, but a shrine appears on One Island in FRLG sometime that warns people about the deceptiveness of Zoroark. I think it's a bunch of garbage, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i noticed that when u go near the accoridian guy in one of the towns the music changes getting louder and softer as u move closer and away

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I Never played plainum, but that's sounds kinda awesome. I appreciate things like that, where they have you tie the strings yourself. Jasmine, Stephen, and Palmer are all links I like.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here's an interesting thing I found out while playing my Emerald nuzlocke. In the Devon Corporation one of the scientists says "I'm trying to develop a device that visually reproduces the dreams of Pokémon..."
Sounds like the Pokémon Dream world was being thought of long before Pokemon Black and White.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

O.O Wow...

That reminds of me in Red and Blue when someone standing outside of a cave said, "The Pokemon here are so chunky. There should be a pink one with a floral pattern."

Munna, anyone?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

makes me think that every thing that is Pokemon to come is already made up and just needs programing to make it real. do ya know what I mean? :?:

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Another funny tidbit:

On Mount Battle in XD, one of the people mentions another person having the same Pokemon. She has a Chimecho and a Cacnea - So does James in AG.

Just something I thought of.

I've got an idea for a Pokemon hack, it's all fleshed out, but I can't put it into game format. Any kind hack makers want to help?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]