It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:16 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Noob question of the year.. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Anybody who knows me is going to cry when they read this, but I'm going to ask it anyways. Because I'm not going to play it if I can't.

Which Pokemone can I catch on FR? I mean, is it just the original 150?? I know its a remake, but will it at least have some of the new Pokemon in it? So far it has been nearly exactly like R/B/Y.. If it's too much like it, I'm geing to be pretty frustrated. I mean I know all the pokemon games have been alot alike. But I bought FR with the thoughts that I could train all of the Pokemon(however many there are now.. I dont even remember, been a couple years), but play with the same environment that the R/B/Y games had.

To put it simply, if I cant even train a new Absol, Umbreon, ect... I don't know if I want to play this game.

*EDIT*

Ok. After reading the FAQs of FIRERED, I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake. I think I should have bought Emerald.. ;(. They took out a lot of great features that made R/S/E Awesome, as well as all of the R/S Pokemon, and a large amount of G/S/C Pokemon. I mean, its cool that you can catch all of the old pokemon, but darn it. I want to catch them all, not all the old, or all the new. Not everyone can afford to buy 5 different games and two gameboy advances. I guess I'm going to have to be a newb and get a gameshark. I like R/S alot, great story, not boring, cool pokemon. FR will be OK I guess, to get the starters, Legendaries and whatnot.. But I think I'm going to play Emerald. Meh.

Thu May 19, 2005 8:44 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

EDIT: Re-opened after locking. Apparently he needs opinions, so post constructive ones. Thanks.

Fri May 20, 2005 2:14 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

really to beat fr/lg you need a gamecube to get a lot of the johto pokemon

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:11 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

On a plus side you can get johto pokemon in fire red.

I'll admit, i thought pretty much like you did... It's a cheap remake, the same old stuff i already own, another way of nintendo leaching money out of the people... but then im not sure what changed...

In a way, FR/LG are simple juiced up clones of R/B/Y (kinda like {mew} and {mewtwo} huh).. but then... even though they are remakes.. they are great (as is {mewtwo}). They're are some changes, and some nice additions, like i said, you can find johto pokemon, in a new, never before seen area (the sevii islands) and there are even some funky mini-games! does anyone... other than me... play those...?

Either way... i wasnt sure about FR myself, but once i got my hands on it, and got playing it... i sunk in to my couch for about a week playing.

Though i do plan on getting emerald (i cant stay awake in colosseum), i like fire red, and maybe if you're anything like me, you will too :wink:

Besides... a gameshark would cost just as much as the game, so why not skip the cheating part and do things right? you'll probibly feel better in the end.
Or at the worst, you'll trade in the game for another :P

Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ghost wrote:
Not everyone can afford to buy 5 different games and two gameboy advances. I guess I'm going to have to be a newb and get a gameshark.

I have four of the GBA games, as well as XD and Colosseum (Colosseum I'm not playing), and two GBA's (The old kind, which never has batteries and doesn't work that well anyway, and an SP). I haven't gotten all of the Pokemon yet, so...

Gameshark's evil. I have one and used it, but I'm stopping now that the tournament's coming up. (Also, most of the sharked Pokemon I got I learned I could trade from XD...bleah)

And about FireRed...the Sevii Islands are awesome. There's Johto Pokemon there, you get a Togepi, there's Moltres on Mt. Ember...all that good stuff ^_^ lol

Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:30 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I would think that a topic not posted in for 10 months wouldn't usually be noticed, remembered or even cared for if it had indeed been inactive for that long. Try to pay attention to the date of the last post or even the forum page number that you found it on. :roll:

Try to avoid posting in threads like these.

*Locked*

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]