It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Reshiram or Zekrom? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, both of them can learn Draco Meteor, and it's worse for Reshiram. That's because Draco Meteor lowers the user's Special Attack by 2 stages after use, and since about 80% of Reshiram's learnable moves are Special, it will start to make Reshiram much weaker. As for Dragon Pulse vs. Dragon Claw, they would do the same amount of damage if Reshiram attacked Zekrom with Dragon Pulse and Zekrom attacked Reshiram with Dragon Claw. Reshiram would have a STAB bonus, extra power because Dragon Pulse is a special move and Reshiram has high special attack, more power because of Zekrom's lower Special Defense, and finally a x2 multiplier becaue it's Dragon on Dragon. If Zekrom attacked Reshiram with Dragon Claw, Zekrom would get a STAB bonus, extra power since Dragon Claw is a Phsyical move and Zekrom has high Attack, more power because of Reshiram's low Defence, and a x2 multiplier. So, they would wind up doing almost the exact same amount of damage. Also, since Reshiram and Zekrom were both once supposed to be the same Pokemon before they split in half, it would mean that they would be equals. Plus, Nintendo probably wanted for people to choose their favorite by opinion, so they made the two Pokemon equals by making one succeed where the other one fails, and vice versa, again representing their Yin/Yang type thing.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They both have different abilities that come in handy so neither is better

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If I had to choose it would be reshiram because it is fire

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'll have to give 10 thumbs up for Reshiram and 10 thumbs up for Zekrom so to me both of them are wicked awesome.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Their base stats are evenly matched, however Zekrom's attack is higher, as is Reshiram's special attack. They can both learn near enough the same TM's and HM's with a few exceptions. And I'd say their moves are pretty evenly matched too. So I guess it's a matter of opinion when it comes down to "who is better". I find Zekrom's appearence is a lot more manlier and I would say Reshiram is quite feminine. And Zekrom's attacks are more aesthetically pleasing than Reshiram's (in my opinion). As a Pokemon White owner I guess I'm a bit biased but I'll still say Zekrom is better! :D

EDIT: I don't have anything against Reshiram as they are both awesome, I just prefer Zekrom.

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4