Favorite Unova Starter
Snivy 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Tepig 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Oshawatt 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 20

Favorite Unova Starter? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I haven't seen this topic yet, so I decided to post it myself.

Personally, I prefer Snivy. I like how Serperior looks and the move Coil that it learns is a pretty intense stat raiser seeing as it does Attack, Defense and Accuracy.

I think Tepig is the worst, it's good for typing, like Blaziken it is Fire/Fighting in Emboar, though, it's a pretty bad design, don't get me wrong, it looks complicated to have come up with (in my opinion) but I still don't really like it.

Oshawatt is most definitely my runner-up, I like how cute it is. And then it turns into this beastly horned thing.

I still don't know much about Tepig, Oshawatt or their evolutions, so please, share your opinions on your Favorite Unova Starter.

Haxorus, Serperior, Drifblim, Zoroark, Vaporeon, Final spot reserved for shiny Charizard

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, the first time I played I chose Oshawott, but I didn't like its moves. I didn't played with Tepig because I'm tired of Fire/Fighting starters? Snivy it's the best choice for me.

"

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My favorite is Tepig, because when it evolves into Emboar it's extremely hard to beat, knows powerful moves, like Heat Crash and Flare Blitz, and can cover its weaknesses really well. Oshawott isn't too good when you start out, just your ordinary water type starter. The only reason I like it is because when it evolves into Samurott, it gets fairly powerful, and looks awesome. I really hate Snivy and its evolutions, because they, at least in my opinion, have very low defense and special defense and have a lot of weaknesses, so they're very easy to defeat.

So, yeah, Emboar rocks. :D

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My favorite is Snivy, because I like the idea of a grass snake. It's the one I picked, and it's currently my highest-leveled Pokemon. I do think, however, that it could use some better stats and moves, and a second-type, such as Poison or maybe Dragon. There are too many Fire/Fighting starters, and I dislike Fire Types, so I naturally dislike Tepig's line. I don't mind Oshawott, and it's final evo looks pretty cool.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Oshawott. I like it's moves, it's looks, blah blah blah. :P

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oshawott.
Running out of ideas, aren't they?

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've finished the game with emboar so emboar's my favorite starter. :geek:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think the Unova region's starters are the worst. :|

I'm gonna go to Sinoh for a little while.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oshawott. Blue's my favorite color, and he has hilarious stubble/freckles. He was my first pokemon and first(and only) non-legend to hit lv.100. He's what got me into the series, so yeah.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oshawott is my favorite starter, I just use my Zebstrika's Flame charge to take care of the grass types,
very very simple :D

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Even before i played the game, when i saw Snivy, I knew it would be my favorite. And he was, im positive about this because my unova team has the other 2 starters.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sure I chose Snivy as my starter (and loved so much put it in my username) but you just gotta love Oshawott. That thing is so derpy it's hilarious. And Ash's Oshawott is hands down his best (and funniest!) Pokemon!

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oshawott is my close second, Tepig trailing behind in last. I have never seen the new Pokemon Anime so I don't know too much about Ash's Oshawott.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dude, you gotta watch at least one episode. Oshawott freaking pops out of its pokeball to fight a Blitzle. Rotflol

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Rofl. Naive Oshawott.... That's too funny.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I almost chose Oshawott just to send into opposing Blitzle, but then I chose Snivy, because Serperior is royaly and is...well... surperior.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah. They are both good. I am a bit tired of Fire/Fighting. I know this is only the second one but after Blaziken... I just lost the love for them. BLaziken is still cool but I just dislike Emboar

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is actually the third Fire/Fighting (Infernape love?). But why couldn't the other two have a secondary typing? Serperior is easily a Grass/Dragon and Samurott could pull off a Water/FIghting or Water/Ice type.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kinda lost Infernape from my mind a sec there. And Grass/Dragon Serperior would be awesome! Except for 4x Ice, and yeah Samurott should have also had fighting since.. well Samurais fight so... yeah.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh yeah the ice weakness.... but Torterra has it and it rulesish! I think GameFreak just decided to have terrible starters this gen

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, and they made the game as a whole noticably easier than other gens. So I'm like "Where's the challenge?"

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I know. The only few gyms that were hard were Electric and Normal. And to be honest I think the artists were seriously depressed when they designed Emboar.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emboar just looks like what I got for Thanksgiving: Burnt Pork.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hahahaha! Nice one! Just looking at it makes me wonder what its ribs taste like.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I bet with the right amount of BBQ sauce and some seasoning, it could be quite good!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next