It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Shiny Charmander 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok so I'm about to get my Charmander from Prof. Oak. I really want a shiny one because we all know. Black Charizard is SO badass. So I want to know which process would be easier/faster? Soft resetting until I finally get one or breeding Charmanders until I get one. I'm thinking breeding may take longer but would be easier in the long run with a flame body Pokemon while riding on a bike. What do you guys suggest?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
*sign* this might not suppose to be here as it might be referring to FRLG but anywho, soft resetting is faster imo cause you don't have to wait to acquire eggs which you can't really control the color of the pokemon inside it anyway so it is exactly like soft resetting only it's reset & get through the title & then receive the pokemon & then repeat if not shiny VS walk a certain number of steps which is actually random due to your pokemon not generating an egg everytime you walk the 200 & something steps you need to to generate it, walk half of it's steps to hatch it & then repeat if not shiny...I know which 1 I would prefer but if you use RNG Abuse, the process that's the fastest is definitely breeding as RNG Abuse speeds up the process but it is not considered legitimately acquired by most people so there is also that to think about & you also need to have already caught another shiny pokemon in that game legitimately to even use it...

In short, just soft-reset for it as it is faster imo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No this is SS. Its after you beat Red and Oak's all like "OMGAWDS YOU IS A POKEMANS AWESOMESAUCE! TAKE ONE OF MINES PLEASE!"

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well still, just soft reset though I have come to always give up weither breeding for 1 or soft resetting for 1 in HGSS as it gets a little difficult to keep doing either compared to past games imo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

actually, soft resetting and breeding will still take a TON of time and since you are in Soul Silver it would take far less time to learn how to RNG for a pokemon. Since you want a shiny, you will need to figure out what your secret ID number is, which is similar to your regular trainer ID except you can't see it. RNG seems really complicated at first, but in reality it isn't bad at all. All you need to do is find the seed you are looking for and you can get a Shiny {charmander} with any nature and any IV spread that you want. So not only can you have a dark {charizard} but you can have a really good one. Go ahead and google all of the info you need, smogon has some really helpful tutorials on how to do it. Also you will want to google a tutorial on how to find your secret ID without the use of an Action Replay device which is possible.

If you get started, and you have some questions with RNG feel free to PM me. But I do ask that you read all of the info you can find first. The more you read on this the easier it becomes, also using a regular Nintendo DS is preferred for this.

If this process seems too complicated for what you are looking for, you can soft reset a ton. Though I warn you, you could reset a thousand times and never see a shiny charmander come from professor oak, when you could just spend a few hours reading and get it on the first few tries.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Without a cheating device, RNG will require 1 to have encountered a shiny ingame without it first which is kind of counter productive though it is 1 of the easier ways to get a shiny...

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]