It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mewtwo origin 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{mewtwo}

Mewtwo is the ultimate legendary from the original Gameboy games. It's not listed anywhere in the Psydex that Mewtwo is a clone but I recall somewhere in my childhood that he was in fact that; a clone. My memory could be warped as it was over a decade ago but it wasn't until lately I began questioning this.

From currently attempting the Nuzlocke Challenge on my FireRed version, I made it to Cinnabar Island and was reading the little notes left by scientists in the Poke'Mon Mansion. One of the notes said something along the lines, "Mew gave birth. We decided to call the newborn, Mewtwo."

From this note, I made the assumption that Mewtwo isn't a clone but instead Mew's child. This assumption also seems a bit improbable from the Poke'Dex descriptions they give on Mewtwo. So, I have to ask: What exactly is Mewtwo?

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I thought the whole "Mewtwo is a clone" thing was from the first Pokemon movie? I could be wrong, as I've never seen it.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, in the movie, mewtwo was cloned from a Mew fossil. he was grown in a vat, and after he opened his eyes, promptly slaughtered his creators. Enter Giovanni. Mewtwo works in Giovanni's gym, and beats the living crap out of Gary (rofl). then he escapes, and goes on to make all his own clones and nefarious schemes, which is pretty much the first movie.

but maybe something different happened in the games?? for instance, today, clone embryos still have to be implanted in the womb of (insert whatever animal the clone is here). so perhaps that's what happened to mewtwo??

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

JsXtm wrote:
I thought the whole "Mewtwo is a clone" thing was from the first Pokemon movie? I could be wrong, as I've never seen it.

So that was the point of that movie.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i dont think the movies and the games line up.

In my ninja expidition we found evidence on cincabar that stated contrary to the movie..

you must pick your truth.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Poke'Mon games were released prior to the animations, right? That being said, my allegiance lie with the games themselves as they would be considered the original work and thus, be less warped for anything like viewers.

If gene splicing and genetic manipulation was involved, would or could this be done while Mew herself (She gave 'birth' so, has to be female) was still pregnant with Mewtwo or rather, after Mewtwo was born? Thus, going through horrible testing as a child and growing into the scary as crap adult it is today?

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

----
I remember seeing Mewtwo in a large test-tube thingy. I think that means he was cloned? Probably... That would've hurt Mew to crap out something 50 time larger than it. xD

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]