It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 What are the new items in this Generation? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I keep on hearing items like "balloon" or "Evolution Stone." I tried looking them up on Bulbapedia, but they arnt there. What are the New items of Gen V and what do they do?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Evolution stones arent new they've been around since gen 1, and from looking at the psydex, there's no new ones.

(Evolution stone- A stone that when used on specific pokemon, cause it to evolve. Current evolution stones are, water, moon, fire, thunder, sun, dusk, shiny and then theres one used to evolve haapiny into chansey (currently ecapes my mind).

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, on Smogon there was something about how Rhydon w/Evolution Stone is better than Rhyperior. I know about all the other Stones =P

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Evolution Stone is a newly introduced item to Gen 5. Evolution Stone's effect changes depending on the Pokemon that is holding it:
-- If a first stage Pokemon is holding the item (For example, Sneasel, Scyther, Squirtle) then the Defense and Special Defense stats are boosted by 1.5x
-- If a second stage Pokemon is holding the item (For example, Marill, Clefairy, Porygon2) then the Defense and Special Defense stats are boosted by 1.3x

Balloon allows any Pokemon to be immune to Ground-type attacks. If any attacking move lands on the Balloon-holding Pokemon (immunties and spikes/toxic spikes/stealth rock not counted) then the Balloon bursts and the Pokemon is no longer immune to Ground-type attacks. When a Pokemon with a Balloon enters the field, a message appears saying 'POKEMON is holding a Balloon!'

There are other new items in Black/White. For example, there are Elemental Gems (the ones you find in swirling dust inside a cave) which boost the power of ONE attack of the gem's type by 1.5x.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wow those evo stones seem really strong, dose a nidorino with a moon stone coutas one? and if so dose that violate the no doubles rule if i run a nidoking?

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fallenwayward wrote:
wow those evo stones seem really strong, dose a nidorino with a moon stone coutas one? and if so dose that violate the no doubles rule if i run a nidoking?

You don't seem to understand. Evolutionary stones that evolve pokemon do NOT work like the Evolution stone in Gen 5. Evolution Stone is a totally separate item that has been newly introduced and is the only item that has its affect on pokemon. A Nidorino holding a moon stone would do nothing, a Nidorino holding an Evolution Stone would receive a 1.3x boost.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

http://www.lolstop/blackwhite/newitems.shtml

i realy have to praise Game freak for their unique items. A lot have to do with the Pokemon's weight though... it's weird.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Now that we are on the topic of new items, one actually came to mind.

I was look at all this new stuff from black and white, and i saw a link for an area called the undersea ruins. I read about how you had only a certain number or steps and blah blah blah and then i saw these items. The first floor was all plates, which is nice, but then the consequent floors all had ancient items, like the Ancient Gold coin or the Ancient bracelet.

All the items say, "made by an ancient civilization some 3000 years ago. Enthusiasts will buy them for high prices." So i thought they were like a nugget, but then i wondered if there was something more. So this is the quesiton i pose to you. Could there be something more? If there is, what is it and is it worth doing?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Redsteel13 wrote:
[color=#FF0000]I was look at all this new stuff from black and white, and i saw a link for an area called the undersea ruins. I read about how you had only a certain number or steps and blah blah blah and then i saw these items. The first floor was all plates, which is nice, but then the consequent floors all had ancient items, like the Ancient Gold coin or the Ancient bracelet. color]

Maybe if you collect all the items, you can combine them into a more useful item.
Like in Hoenn at the Shoal Cave where six Shoal Salts and six Shoal Shells will make a Shell Bell, which restores health on attacking the foe. Useful for mega sweepers.

Either that or they might end up being useless key items that have some sort of 'role' in the story line. Although, like you said before, you could just sell them all for a TON of money.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm pretty sure this guy in Sekka City (7th gym city) buys the items off you for a very high price.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What guy? Is he in some special building or what?
I don't know probably because I don't have the game yet.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]