It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Types that GameFreak officially hates more than Bug! 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Phantasms wrote:
Sure it is! No attack or defense! All the fail in one convenient package. It could even be a palette-swapped magikarp.

There are Poison Types with good attack & there are Ice Types with good defense meaning it's the types in general that is ranked so to speak as the worse offensive & defensive types as in the Poison Type is a bad offensive type cause it's only good against 1 type & is weakened by Earthquake which is a very common move apparently & the Ice Type is a bad defensive type cause it can't hold off really that many types as it has alot of weaknesses to what are primarily physical attacking types & only having 1, 1 resistance which happen's to be it's own type, just saying...

I mean yes, part of it is stats but not really all that much & Legendaries in general tend to usually have it good in the stats that they favor utilizing more anyway, though I will take back what I said about Grass/Fighting being worse as at least it has alot more resistances...yeah...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

my point was that bug has been way weaker and neglected longer than the other two.

bug was alittle better 4th gen but still not that well off.

if poison and ice had gotten 10 great new pokes and bug got one crappy evo line you guys would all be crying foul.

however, this went the other way- and bug got the upgrade not ice/poison.

and of course you are all crying out.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
my point was that bug has been way weaker and neglected longer than the other two.

bug was alittle better 4th gen but still not that well off.

if poison and ice had gotten 10 great new pokes and bug got one crappy evo line you guys would all be crying foul.

however, this went the other way- and bug got the upgrade not ice/poison.

and of course you are all crying out.

Everyone cries about something; take the "lack" of new fire types in gen 4 for example, or the abundance of dragons in the last three gens total.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

& it's not crying...it's complaining & in my case more so making a point more then anything KingErick & my point I was trying to somewhat make is...that they had the time to do something good for all 3 types, even if they were to still give more to the Bug Type this time around like they actually did, they just kind of I guess got lazy in regards to this 1 thing & just decided to only really focus on the Bug Type but for some reason still gave us more poison & Ice Types that aren't that great apparently except for maybe the Ice/Dragon Type Legendary of course...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{Dewgong}
{Cloyster}
{Jynx}
{Lapras}
{Articuno}
{Delibird}
{Glalie}
{Walrien}
{Regice}
{Abomasnow}
{Weavile}
{Glacion}
{Mamoswine}
{frostlass}

while ice needs improvement its status quo was nowhere near as bad as bugs..

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:
while ice needs improvement its status quo was nowhere near as bad as bugs..

You do at least understand that I was talking about 5th Gen pokemon only when I said

Lawence Codye wrote:
but for some reason still gave us more poison & Ice Types that aren't that great apparently except for maybe the Ice/Dragon Type Legendary of course...

, "right"?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yes, but they added pokemon and saw the position bug was in the last gen and added more. dont worry. ice will get its chance.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:11 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I just hope that when they do that they actually try not to give the Poison Type or Ice Type Pokemon a 2nd typing that doesn't do anything but add more weaknesses cause a notable amount of 5th Gen Pokemon in general have alot of weaknesses & I mean alot of them with not enough resistances & or immunities to I guess make up for it...I think I saw 1 with 7 weaknesses or I was seeing things, but I know I saw a bit of them with 6 weaknesses & not enough resistances to make up for it...

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That was well analysed, Frost. The Poison type has always been around, but it's not promoted much at all unfortunately. If Poison attacks were super effective against Water types or even Steel (seeing that some toxic substances can easily burn holes through metals) it would get its worth offensively. Gen V did introduce a lot of Bug types.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wai wrote:
If Poison attacks were super effective against Water types or even Steel (seeing that some toxic substances can easily burn holes through metals) it would get its worth offensively.

That's true but I think that, in general, the "poison" is treated more like a biological venom than a corrosive acid.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:28 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

make it poison/dark w/levitate ability lol
something like skuntank only better

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@hattqv: agree, Poison/Dark lost its weakness to Psychic and now only weak to Ground type. And Drapion(Poison/Dark) have Ice fang, so it has an advantage against Ground-type.

And there must a move that makes Steel-type lost its immunity to Poison. I would like to see Poison legendary, counterpart of Shaymin, that always poluted the world ;)

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ill save judgment until AFTER I play the game. I really cant say anything until then, but I agree with people saying bug needed this.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Poison has been, and always will be my favorite type. I was extremely disappointed when I learned it got pretty much nothing, and although it has had some really good Pokes (Weezing, Crobat, etc), the typing in of itself is awful and as said previously, really needs an overhaul to be viable. Or even just make it so Toxic is unique to Poison types for Christ's sake; how can a non-toxic creature create toxic waste? I know, nothing in Pokemon makes sense anyways, but Poison needs SOMETHING. And by that I mean something more than just a new good Poison like Weezing. At this point, hoping that GameFreak would fix something like that is probably futile.

I am glad to see that at least Bug got its due. Bravo Bugs. :)

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Weezing is pretty good. I used to use one to counter those triple punchers (Pokemon with Fire, Thunder and Ice Punch in their moveset) from the Battle Tower.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I do feel bad about the lack of really, really solid Poison, but hey, Bug is my favorite type. I really tihnk they suffered a lot, escpecially since gamers of the first Gen relied on them for Psychic types. And Bug still doesn't have a Fire Blast-esque move. But yeah, we do need a Poison legendary. Maybe something that created pollution in the world? Pollutimon?

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

At least we have competitve bugs other than scizor and herecross, it my sneaking suspicion that ulgamoth is going to be a worse pain in the ass than garchomp..,

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

yes this is some much needed muscle for the bugs. dont hate.....appreciate!

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I agree with Ice being neglected. Ice can be a very powerful type, if combined with types like Electric, Steel, Dark, Psychic, Bug, Ghost (...might as well combine them with every type) and given more effective attacks and maybe power ups and held items.

Semi-neglected types would be:

Dark
Electric
Steel
Fire
Ground
Rock
and Ghost

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Impersonation wrote:
Semi-neglected types would be:

Dark
Electric
Steel
Fire
Ground
Rock
and Ghost

Electric is Pokemon's mascot type (cough pikachu). It has good moves too. Paralysis is very effective, Thunder is great for Rain Dance teams, and Charge Beam is great on a SErene Grace Poke.

Given that Fire is one of the starter types and has some god-powerful pokes like Arcanine, Magmortar, and Houndoom, I say they are doing well, though there aren't many defensive ones. Flare Blitz and Flamethrower are solid.

Ground and Rock? Really? Ground has Earthquake (nuff said) and Rock is a bad type in terms of weaknesses but poke like Armaldo, Ramparados, Rhyperior, and others make up for it.

Dark, steel, and Ghost do need some love though.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Through neglection I meant they have few Poke'mon that has those types.

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just the fact that Steel isn't neglected at all. As it is one of the most broken types out there.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

shinashu taji wrote:
Just the fact that Steel isn't neglected at all. As it is one of the most broken types out there.

Agreed...

& about that Electric Type being neglected thing, only in the case of most of them not being able to learn many moves of other types except the Electric & Normal Types, Pikachu's family is a good example...

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Electric is a garbage type in both quantity and quality, so don't be fooled just because the mascot of the series is that type. It's one of the lowest types in terms of numbers, and several of its Pokemon are awful because GameFreak loves making useless Pikachu "clones."

However, in terms of type match-ups, it's actually pretty good, unlike Ice defensively, Steel offensively and Poison in general.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
poison may be crap at first glance, but in a triple battle, you could back it up with some sweepers use the poison type for dealing poison toxic paralysis confusion sleep ect. throw in some hail/ sandstorm from another powerful pokemon and your opponent is in for hell, poison is based 100% on strategy not sheer brute force, in the wild real animals use their venom to make their pray lethargic and easier to kill, same basic principle. granted there are some animals who can kill their prey in a matter of minuets but that would have to be more like a legendary pokemon. why isnt poison based on weight? in real life the smaller/lighter something is, the faster the poison will kill it

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next