It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Training HM ho? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've noticed people often just keep their HM hoes at low levels and don't bother training them, but right now in Platinum my Pokemon are all lvl 22-23, including my Bibarel, and I plan to keep it even with my party for the entire game, because cut and water fall are both decent moves, AND they get stab with Bibarel, so I think doing a little extra grinding is worth the time for having the full party of six. Thoughts?

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The point of having an HM slave is so you won't have to teach your good pokes HM's but if you keep it the same level as the others you might as well treat it like a team member with HM's rather than an HM slave but it is kind of hard to do that because HM's aren't really that good in battle.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Wailord_2 wrote:
The point of having an HM slave is so you won't have to teach your good pokes HM's but if you keep it the same level as the others you might as well treat it like a team member with HM's rather than an HM slave but it is kind of hard to do that because HM's aren't really that good in battle.

This very much..& umm, language...

I tend to have about 3 pokemon who among them have all the HM moves in the game, 1 has Fly & Defog, 1 has all HM moves having 4 of the moves that include Surf, Waterfall, Rock Climb, Strength & Rock Smash & the last 1 has Cut & maybe Flash & maybe some of the other moves I couldn't get on the second 1...

The first 1 is usually the first Bird Pokemon of the region, the second 1 is usually a Bibarel or more often a Golduck & the last 1 is either a Bibarel or something else that learns Cut or Cut & Flash like Meowth or something...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]