It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 New Dragon Pokemon 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Like it's not an uber even though it's dragon. Because in Gen III three new dragon lines were introduced but only one line was an uber being the salamence line. Meanwhile Flygon and Altaria are left with non-uber status.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dark_Swampert wrote:
Like it's not an uber even though it's dragon. Because in Gen III three new dragon lines were introduced but only one line was an uber being the salamence line. Meanwhile Flygon and Altaria are left with non-uber status.

Yep, that's what i meant. And i'm just wondering, and my internet was too slow for me to check it, how many non-legendary dragon evolution line in Gen V?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kibago, Onondo, Ononokusu (Pure Dragon axejaw family) -- Supposedly non-Uber
Kurimugan (Pure Dragon standalone UglyBlue dude) -- Supposedly non-Uber
Monozu, Jiheddo, Sazandora (Dark/Dragon Hydras) -- Pseudo-Uber

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:

Really? I Kinda though the stand alone one was pseudo. Huh, cant always be right.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Really? I Kinda though the stand alone one was pseudo. Huh, cant always be right.

That surprises me, too. But the stand-alone and the other tri-stage dragons status aren't confirmed yet. maybe they'll be classified as uber with a hold item or something...

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

B-Mac wrote:
GofD wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

That surprises me, too. But the stand-alone and the other tri-stage dragons status aren't confirmed yet. maybe they'll be classified as uber with a hold item or something...

i was thinking the Ononokusu line was also a uber.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:58 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't think anyone in this thread really knows the difference between uber, legendary, or pseudo legendary.

An uber is a title that is held by all of the version mascots, Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Skymin (I didn't know that one was uber until just now), Latias, Latios, and Arceus. Also included in that tier is Wobbuffet since the introduction of abilities, Garchomp, and Salamence (4th generation only, Salamence is fine in RS.) They're ubers because they have extremely high stats, a great movepool, and totally outclass anything in the lower tiers. They'll destroy pretty much anything, even in OU.

A LEGENDARY is different entirely. Regigigas, Entei, and Phione are definitely not uber, they're not even in the standard tier, yet they still hold the title of "legendary" because they're slapped with that classification by definition (only found once in the game, can't breed, hard to catch, etc.) These Pokemon can fall anywhere, in the standard tier or the lower tiers. There are definitely more legendary Pokemon, but I won't list them, the ones I did list are just examples.

A pseudo legendary is a Pokemon who isn't classified as a legendary (can breed, can be found multiple times in the game, etc.) but has stats that total up to 600. These Pokemon are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Garchomp, and Salamence as of DPP (people commonly mistake Flygon for being a pseudo legendary but he's not.)

What you guys are debating about makes no sense, because NOTHING has been classified as uber yet since the BW metagame hasn't been played. People originally looked at Rampardos and Rhyperior when Diamond & Pearl came out and decided they were going to be ubers, when really, they're not even in the standard tier anymore (at least for Rhyperior, I don't think Rampardos was ever in the standard tier.)

I don't know if people are trying to classify the new dragons (excluding the version mascots) as "ubers" because they just don't know what that word means or because of Garchomp/Salamence. If it's the latter, then consider it a special case, because Garchomp and Salamence could go back down to standard in BW. Pokemon don't keep their tier status in the new generation, they could stay static, go up, or go down, depending on how the new metagame is played.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@krisp- Thank you for clearing up the uber and legendary stuff (I already understood psuedo, but thanks for the brain boost).

Anyway, based on what krisp said, and after lookin at the stats, Im gonna say that either the hydra or "axe jaw" will be psuedo. I dont think they both will be. Tthe single dragon CANT be psuedo, simply because all psuedos are triple evolutions. (Yes I know I said, I though it was, but krisp made me remember that little fact).

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(thanks krisp) ok, looking at the psydex, the hydra is thr puseudo uber.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That helped a lot, thanks krisp. I'm really not that into the deep parts of the games so yes you could sort of bash me for not knowing. So how do you tell when a pokemon is competition banned? I already know latios and latias are banned when holding soul dew and wobbuffet is just plain banned, but how can you tell further?

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When i remembered, the one who was banned from the competition was everything in the uber tier. I guess legendary and pseudo-legendary was fine as long as it was not at the uber tier. I might be wrong but that's all i know.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

B-Mac wrote:
That helped a lot, thanks krisp. I'm really not that into the deep parts of the games so yes you could sort of bash me for not knowing. So how do you tell when a pokemon is competition banned? I already know latios and latias are banned when holding soul dew and wobbuffet is just plain banned, but how can you tell further?

It depends on the competition. Most people online go by Smogon's tiers and rules and count that as a standard for battling, but official tournaments and stuff might do it differently. The competition should specifically state which Pokemon are banned. Latios and Latias are banned with or without Soul Dew (Latias was considered for OU without it but she moved back into the ubers tier.)

Wobbuffet is banned because of Shadow Tag. Even though his stats are extremely mediocre or poor, he has good base HP, which is all he needs. He doesn't need any other stats really. He has no direct attacks nor special attacks. He does not have to be fast. His moveset consists of Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, and Safeguard. Safeguard protects him from status like Toxic that could otherwise totally shut him down; Encore makes his life much easier by Encoring an attack and using the appropriate counter move to take the target down. Shadow Tag means the target is totally stuck no matter what and can not switch out.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well, I think they have done a very good job of making this gens stats pretty equal, I don't think there will be any one non-legendary to take the bacon, with the triple battle there are so many new strategies that you could nullify any pokemon, even if they are uber, I mean with flash fire, a flame plate and sunny day, an arcnine can deal 500-1000 damage to almost any pokemon, so with the right strategy tiers, really don't matter, besides most uber/legendaries, you can't breed for a desired IV/trait/characteristic so any normal pokemon can take one out peice of pie

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

true. my training strategy requires a realy great movepool, 2 games/DS, and TMs. get a egg. train it to lv: 5, Give varied TMs to it and trade W/ starter in second game. then afer it reaches the desired level, trade back and add to the team. works evry time.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14