It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Starters' Types: pure Grass, Fire/Fighting, pure Water. 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the idea of new type combinations, but a Grass/Dragon Pokemon would really hate Ice attacks...

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wai wrote:
I like the idea of new type combinations, but a Grass/Dragon Pokemon would really hate Ice attacks...

Dragon/flying and Dragon/ground hates ice attacks too but all of them except {altaria} made it to OU and Ubers as long as it has enough speed power(or bulk if it's a supporter) and a good enough move pool it would be a fine poke.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A grass dragon would be a good idea, just to increase the number of non-psuedo legendary draons/legendary dragons.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
dragons should only be reserved for ubers and super legendaries, I mean dragons in mythology are massive creatures of terror, not little things to contend with pathetic weaker pokemon, dragons should be nearly invinable, thats why they are rare and you don't run into dratini's or gibles early on and thats why they won't make a grass dragon starter, plus it nulls out the first triangle because fire isn't very effective against dragon, so the grass type would immideatly become the best starter! (pardon my spelling)

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

that's true. i did'nt think about that, but also, there is no weakness to fire, it isnt a resistance either, so i guess it's ok.... right?

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
isn't fire a resistance? oh then I guess it would be okay, but a dragon type should be something you have to look for closer to the end of the game, not the first pokemon you obtain.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

robbydebry wrote:
isn't fire a resistance? oh then I guess it would be okay, but a dragon type should be something you have to look for closer to the end of the game, not the first pokemon you obtain.

True, but lets face it tjastuas evo has a dragon elegance to it. It has the look of intellegence to it, and the look that if you get it mad- IT GETS MAD!

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Okay but Infernape can beat Empoleon with it's Fighting Type & still do normal damage with it's Fire Type attacks so so what if Grass/Dragon can take Fire attacks without it being a weakness to it & besides, it's not like the Grass or Dragon Type is super effective against either the Fire or Fighting Type anyway so it's fine imo...

I really really hope that they make Tsutaaja's final Evolution Grass/Dragon cause it would be a good secondary type for it without killing too many of it's other weaknesses...It would still have Poison, Flying, Dragon itself & Ice to both of it's types, not bad imo, even if it is resistant to Ground cause of it's Grass Type & Electric, Water & Grass for both types...& that's it really...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I wouldn't mind if it were dragon, im just saying if it were dragon/grass who wouldn't pick it? it would just be too good to be true

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it's kind of like empoleon. the seel in it was a good idea, but it made evryone want it. so i guess tussuja's evo is problably like Gen V's Empoleon.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

robbydebry wrote:
I wouldn't mind if it were dragon, im just saying if it were dragon/grass who wouldn't pick it? it would just be too good to be true

*raises hand*

sure, it'd be a good typing, but really only competitive battlers would choose it solely based off of that. i've always picked my starters based off of the design of the final evo, and smugleaf's final evo design isn't quite my taste. so that's really quite an opinionated way to look at it....

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

... ok. i' have never competed though.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hmm, this is true... touche, I've never kept a starter in my final team other than empoleon (whom I still use btw)

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

robbydebry wrote:

I know that, it's just that a starter wouldn't make the best Dragon so maybe not "everybody"...still I see your point...

1 can only wait as we all find this out at some point on Saturday or Sunday...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You know, i started to think that Tsutaaja's evolution line will be like Charizard's, because the Charmander and Charmeleon's type were pure Fire, but Charizard was Fire/Flying. Then if Tsutaaja's final evolution is not Grass/Dragon, it should be Grass/Flying, just like Charizard.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
You know, i started to think that Tsutaaja's evolution line will be like Charizard's, because the Charmander and Charmeleon's type were pure Fire, but Charizard was Fire/Flying. Then if Tsutaaja's final evolution is not Grass/Dragon, it should be Grass/Flying, just like Charizard.

I actually wouldn't mind that if they did it right but I don't see them doing Tsutaaja's final evolution justice in the case that they add that type combo to it...again though, if they were to do it right then I can deal with this very well...

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As someone who isnt a competive battler ( cause my router wont let me connect DS to DS), I choose my starter based on what it's final evo typing is and how it looks. Every game Ive chosen the fire starter because A) Fire one of y many favorite typings B) To me, the final fire evo's have a big mean and nasty feel to them. For this Gen, im leaning away from the fire type. This for a few reasons A) Fire/fighting? AGAIN!? If this is supposed to be a "new start", how about making the starters have typesets that haven't been done or that haven't been done for a few gens. B) I cant stop seeing rhyperoir and magmortor in the fire final evo. Those two have ruined the image of the fire type.

Wow, I hope I dont do another rant like this.
2 DAYS!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, you choose the starter just like me. And the reason why i won't choose the Fire starter this time exactly like yours. But i don't know why Magmortar and Rhyperior ruined the image of Fire types.

P.S. Rhyperior wasn't even Fire type, it's Rock/Ground.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Opps, I meant to say rhyperior and magmortar ruined the image of THIS fire type. My reason, it looks like what the offspring of rhyperior and magmortor would be. If gamefreak hadn't have made ryhperior and magmortor, I may have been able to overlook the fire/fighting typeset.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tch, the types of the starters final evolution's already been revealed as Pure Grass, Fire/Fighting, and Pure Water. Kinda too bad with the typing, but probably not with the looks. Oh well, our guessing in the Grass final evolution are wrong.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:56 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I knew for sure the grass starter wasn't going to be part dragon and I don't know where you guys got that idea.

He looks NOTHING like a dragon type, and even Sceptile and Charizard who actually LOOK like dragons weren't. Why would they make one of the starters part dragon?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh well...I'm still picking the Grass Type starter just cause it just looks that much better then the other 2...I'm curious about their stats though but aside from that, I am pretty much sold on the Grass Type Starter through & through...

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why couldn't they make pokabu pure fire? I cant say im not dissapointed that both water and grass didnt get a second typing, but hey at least it's not grass/poison. I still don't know who im gonna pick when I get the game. It's a tough pick this time around.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

*sniffle, sob* No, not pure grass! *sobs some more* Well, I am a little disappointed, but i'll live...Still definately picking Tsutaaja!!

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

blegh ,
I hate single typing's on starters.
I really like having 2 STAB moves
the grass/dragon would have been way cooler, a water/ice would have been much preferred too

this is the first version where I'd prefer not to have to start with a starter :o

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next