Which Version Should I Get?
Pearl 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Diamond 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Platinum 75%  75%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 12

Looking into a new Poke- Diamond-Pearl-or-Platinum 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, I've been out of the game for a while, haven't gotten a DS. So... I'm looking into one, and I was expecting to get Diamond, but I'm not sure now.

So, which version (cuz I'm only getting one) should I get? Is it better to get the Platinum? or should I start, simple, and get one of the other two. Will trading be an issue? Will I find a good amount of each Pokemon and I heard the story in Platinum is a little different. So... what should it be?

If you don't want to leave a comment, vote in the Poll. But I would love a comment saying "I like this because..." or "You should start with this because of..." etc etc.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You should get platinum. The story is a little different but dex completion is easier.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, You may as well get Platinum. You can get both games' exclusive pokemon, the legendary birds and some Areas/Trainers are updated (Elite four, Gyms).

It's essentially Pearl + Diamond + Legendary Birds = Platinum

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Platinum has the Distortion world and all three mascots, but i also heard it's harder for stuff like chaining. i voted diamond simply because that's what i had first, lol. but platinum makes sense as well (it'd probably be more interesting, anyways...)

Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I personally own Pearl and am only 18 Poke'Mon away from completing the Poke'Dex entirely (Until Black and White come spring) and have loved the game entirely and don't regret getting it at all. Although, if you're going for just the purposes of version exclusive Poke'Mon, I personally believe Platinum is the way to go. I don't personally know the differences in story for that game but I can say I really did enjoy (And still am) Pearl.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Platinum. Longer, for me it's easier to chain in there, etc.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What's wrong with all of you? Diamond is the way to go! You can chain in D/P, and you have the same kind of Pokemon too. The fun of it is to transfer your strong Pokemon to it and become the strongest trainer ever! Pearl's same, but {dialga} is way better than {palkia} , as Dialga somewhat resists Dragon. Dialga could kill Ground types and fighting types with ease, if you have an awesome nature. Platinum is for those who don't have the patience to get a traded {palkia} or {dialga} as well as not having the courage to send some good Pokemon from GBA games to the games!

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Platinum has better catchable pokemon... like scyther, electabuzz, magmar, dusclops, rhyorn etc. that arent pre= elite 4 in the other two games.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright, it seems pretty sound. Looks like I'll be looking into Platinum when more money heads my way. That might be a LONG time, so feel free to continue giving me your thoughts, but most of you seem to agree with the idea I should get Platinum.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]