It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:46 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pokemon with the Same Type Twice 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is a no for me. I don't want double typing, and never will. I would be confused if i picked up a normal pokemon and saw that it was type Normal/Normal. I would die, haunt the spirit of the double typed pokemon, and make it haunted so that no one uses it ever again.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
wismagnet wrote:
surely it would just be the same as having a single type pokemon, they would have the same weaknesses only larger, not the best idea out there...

Looking at Blaziken's stats, on paper, it seems like it should NEVER be used.
Sure, nice and strong, but it's relatively slow and can't take a paper bag to the face.
However, Blaziken's all over the place.

Anything, ANYTHING, if used correctly and with some smarts can be devastating.
A pokemon with a double typing would (in my dream world) have doubled weaknesses but immunities in place of resistances.
A fair trade, if you ask me. Pair that with increased STAB, and I think we'd have a grand new horizon to explore.

If you're talking about UU, fine. Otherwise, Blaziken is completely outclassed by Infernape, rarely seen in OU and only found on wi-fi with Pikachus and Mewtwos.

Double typing immunites would change quite a lot of the metagame. Imagine double steel... sure it would have 3 4x weaknesses, but it would also have 11 immunities :/ a double dragon would have only 2 4x weaknesses, one of which is a very common 4x weakness for dragons, but it gains immunities to Fire, Grass, Water and Electric, and a 100% boost on Outrage/Draco Meteor. If Salamence was double dragon, Salamence switches in on scarftran's fire blast, uses Dragon Dance then rips the team with Outrage.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think that it will happen, but if Nintendo really did make a Pokemon like that, it maybe interesting.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd be okay with some types being used, such as Normal/Normal and Rock/Rock. But types with too many resistances shouldn't be dual single typed. Steel/Steel is a definite no-no, and I'd wouldn't be happy with a Dragon/Dragon. It's a great idea, though, and it may come into play some day.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
More importanly I believe that any pokemon having 100% STAB bonus ... is a bit overkill.

& also, the main advantage of having only 1 Type on a pokemon is that weaknesses can never do X4 damage to you which actually helps in certain situations imo...

That's exactly it.
It's a double-edged sword kind of concept.

Sure, all its resistances become immunities (@nomnom52) and its strengths become MORE powerful,
but it's THAT much weaker to other attacks.

Obviously, Gamefreak would have to be careful which type they'd use (Electric/Electric would be a bit over-powered),
but I think it's an interesting idea. Don't love it, but I definitely don't hate it.

Okay, I get it now, sorry for my ignorance. I still don't think that this could be properly executed without much trial and error before it went into an actual game, but it would be an awesome idea if GameFreak can pull it off successfully.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2