I just arrived in Fuchsia and my team is:
Snorlax
Gyarados
Fearow
Raichu
Nidoking
Charizard
Lvls 33-38

My question is, Do I need to replace Snorlax in my team? Should I replace him with a Psychic type? (Mr. Mime or Alakazam?)
Any other adjustments I need to make in my team?

Right now, I'm mostly worried about my team's chances against Agatha in the Elite Four.

Thx for your help in advance.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To me, that would be a good choice, despite the tank Snorlax is. However, a Psychic type would help immensely against Agatha. This is what I would do in your situation.

Consider all of the major Trainers left (Koga, Sabrina (?), Blaine, Giovanni [x2], E4, Rival [x2]) and figure out the "counters" to each one type or individual Pokemon.

I would like to mention that you have three Flyers, so be very wary of Electric-types. Perhaps to balance it out more, I would suggest an Exeggutor in place of Snorlax (Psychic, added Grass), and a Lapras as opposed to Gyarados (get one at Silph Co.). Both have great moves and will give you another option against Agatha. Also, realize that Psychic is extremely good against Poison, so play to that type if you can.

If you're truly going to use a Normal/Flying, I would recommend Dodrio. It's got the best stats, still has Drill Peck, and has the highest Speed (but it's not very useful at all to have a Normal/Flying, unless you need Fly, but dump it in the PC before taking on E4). If you have a thing for Fearow, and can't get rid of it, consider teaching it some non-Normal moves through TM.

Knowing that you still have four Gym Leaders, plus Victory Road and Silph Co to beat, I'm not too worried about levels, but this should be a "sample" team for your E4 run.

Exeggutor
Lapras
Dodrio
Raichu
Nidoking
Charizard

That's just one possibility. Of course, with Snorlax's high HP, it might be a good tank to have for the E4 (in place of the Normal/Flying, thereby removing the duplicate typing...)

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you very much.

I think I'm just going to stick with my Kadabra. I would switch to Exeggutor, but I already used my Psychic TM and Exeggutor doesn't learn any other good Psychic attacks. I think I'll be fine. Thank you for your advice though.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

chessmaniac109 wrote:
Thank you very much.

I think I'm just going to stick with my Kadabra. I would switch to Exeggutor, but I already used my Psychic TM and Exeggutor doesn't learn any other good Psychic attacks. I think I'll be fine. Thank you for your advice though.

ya g.

in this generation you have to be very careful with tms.

i tend to save them for right b4 the elite for in G1-G3 when they were irreplaceable.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]