It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mystery gift? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi, I need technical help with the HGSS versions of Mystery Gift. (Sorry if this doesn't go here - I went through the forums and couldn't find anything else that matched this.) Specifically, I need to know how to use it.

Since in HGSS it's automatically activated, it's not a problem of passwords or anything.

I can trade with my friend (who has SS) via the union room and have several times, but cannot execute mystery gift.

My WiFi connection is not AOSS compatible.

I do have a Pal Pak, but do not have a PP#, because apparently I need to use an AOSS connection to get it.

We've tried several times and tried Googling it, but there's no technical help - only information about items and Wonder Cards and other things that I haven't even gotten to the point that I can care about yet.

Does HGSS need an AOSS connection?

Do I need my friend's Pal Pak ID? If yes, how do I get that? (I'll at least need a guide walking me through the steps.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System) is how the Nintendo DS securely connects to Nintendo Wi-Fi. To my knowledge a problem with this should be in your router or whatever you are using for your Wi-Fi connection. I am pretty sure that standard internet providers don't block these types of signals, so what you should do is look into your routers setup. You can either try simply resetting it (unplug power for one minute) or you can actually go into the router admin panel. This is pretty simple, find out what brand the router is and then google this: "brand name here" IP address. it should give you something like 192.168.0.1 but all brands are different. Once you get there it will probably ask for a password, this will NOT be a WEP but and admin password. If you have never set that up, simply type admin into the user and leave the password blank and hit ok. This should bring you to whatever control panel the router has. You can look around for some sort of AOSS setting that for some reason might not be enabled.

Nintendo provides this to help you set up an AOSS connection on a router, also if you find the brand of your router google to see if it is AOSS compatible.

Hope this helps

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shouldn't this be going into the Questions Thread?
Anyway, I'm not sure myself, so I learned something today.
Thanks. Zero Cool!
Oh, and it's Pal Pad, not Pal Pak.
For the number, I'm afraid that you'll have to get it through Wi-Fi connection. There's nothing else to do. I'm sorry. And for your friends, just register your friend's name by exchanging Trainer Cards in the Union Room place (with just the Wireless Communications stuff)

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks! Got the connection up and running tonight. Wow but the global trade system is a cesspool, isn't it? Anyway, very helpful.

I'll look for the questions thread; I must have missed it.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]