It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 So Why? WHY? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

sorry for this and i know not all of you agree with this but REALLY!? I look at the new evolutions for sinnoh of pokemon like Nosepass into Probopass and Aipom into Ambipom and Magneton into Magnizone and ect ect ect and i am thinking 'what the heck is with these designs?? they are way overthought!! i know its my personal opinion but can some people help me with this and give me some ideas on why you think they might of overthought this?

^This is for Pokemon Y

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, they maybe wanted a radical change from prevoluiton-evolution. They have over-complicated those third evolutions. Thats why im partly dreading fifth gen...

{darkrai}

Sat May 01, 2010 6:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{probopass} <--This =/= the product of long, hard thought. It's a bigger Nosepass with pubic hair; that's all there is to it. {ambipom} is also just a bigger Aipom with an extra tail. Not much to that either. I will give you {magnezone} though; he does seem like he's a bit complicated, but they came up with an awesome Pokemon who you must admit looks kinda BA.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat May 01, 2010 7:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Nope, I think Ambipom and Probopass are logical progressions from Aipom and Nosepass, whereas Magnezone is a fugly POS that's an insult to Magneton.

And, no, the only designs that the creators probably overthink are the Legendaries. I don't care what people say about them: MOST of the new evolutions in Generation IV, like Ambipom, Mismagius, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Dusknoir, Probopass, Froslass, Glaceon, Leafeon, Gliscor and others all look like they fit with their pre-evolutions without being lazy.

Sat May 01, 2010 7:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah...it's more like {probopass} was a bad decision choice for it's final design rather then the designer just being lazy...& I agree, {magnezone} is an huge insult to the pokemon known as {magneton} ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun May 02, 2010 1:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I quite like Ambipom's look and Magnazone is well thought but Probopass looks to complicated

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How in the world is PROBOPASS too complicated? He gets a mustache, and ears! That's all!

Anyway, I thought that some of the other new evos, like {yanmega} and {gliscor}; were pretty cool in regards of design. However, {tangrowth} could use some work.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I personally love Ambipom, and most of the new evos. I have always hated Nosepass, and so too, do I hate Probopass. And I think Tangrowth was just meant to be an ugly pos...

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like most of the new evolutions, though I'm not fond of Probopass.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I would say I like all of the new evolutions of older Pokemon except Ambipom and Probopass (they're in the "not fond of" tier), and Gallade is in the "ew this Pokemon is stupid gtfo" tier. Other than that though, I like all of the new Pokemon, especially Lickilicky and Tangrowth.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alright, that's it. WHAT'S WITH ALL THE GALLADE HATE?!!?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well it's just my opinion, you don't have to take it seriously. Who cares what I think anyway?

I dislike Gallade because it's very unnecessary, unwanted, and ugly. Back when Hoenn was still fresh and new (kinda) Gardevoir was the victim of being worshiped by little boys. I'm sure every little boy who liked Gardevoir probably thought "gee, this Pokemon is sooooooo cool but it's feminine! I don't want a feminine Pokemon, I'm a manly 10 year old grrrgghh!! The Gardevoir fandom was pretty obvious even on THIS forum, especially with the creation of the cancer known as "Team Psyche." I try not to hate Pokemon based on its fans, but Gardevoir fans (along with Salamence and Charizard fans) just make me want to throw up.

Now, enough about Gardevoir. So why do I dislike Gallade? Because it's the answer to the prepubescent cries for a Psychic Pokemon who's just as hawt!!1 as Gardevoir but is masculine. Gardevoir's dumbass fans could then have something else to worship (which is OK I guess because Gardevoir is cool) and won't have to be ashamed because their manly pride got in the way. Not to mention it has to be one of the ugliest Pokemon in existence, it's almost as ugly as...oh wait, it IS the ugliest Pokemon. I remember when DP first came out and we had a Gallade icon to represent the Sinnoh forum, which I promptly changed to Cresselia because Gallade fails! ^_^ (I was actually going to use Bronzong because there were no other Sinnoh psychics besides the legendary trio, but Bronzong already had a forum...) Proof that this subforum used to be represented by that awful Pokemon.

I don't expect anyone to care about my opinion (because I certainly don't care about their opinion) and before you post something like "dude u hav no life" just keep in mind that not everyone likes/dislikes the same Pokemon as you.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I realize that, but it's starting to get to me that everyone else on this forum apart from me thinks that Gallade is essentially, a piece of ****.

Am I really the only person on this entire forum who at least LIKES him?

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I guess I think they just like having as many evolutions as possible. It seems that now having 3 in the evolution family is becoming the norm as opposed to kinda the exception. I think they should focus on coming up with new pokemon as opposed to coming up with new evolutions for existing pokemon.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think most of the new evolutions are great. The only ones I have a problem with are Electavire (spelling?) and Magmortar, for being largely unnecessary and ugly,( I mean, fire is a pretty poor type due to its weaknesses, so I can understand the latter to a certain extent; however, Game Freak really could have just given Electabuzz a new ability, instead of a whole new evolution!) and Tangrowth to a lesser extent because... well, just because. Still, I'd rather get rid of Purugly and Kricketune than the new evolutions, most of whom, in my opinion, are not too over-thought, but fit in well with the original family.

Also, I must say, I too like Gallade, although unfortunately, I can't fully justify putting him in a team purely because of the lacking speed stat.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't dislike any of the new Pokémon, I just feel that Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Gallade, Dusknoir, and Porygon-Z are somewhat unnecessary compared to other options. (Stantler and Delibird, anyone?)

Soraku wrote:
I personally love Ambipom, and most of the new evos. I have always hated Nosepass, and so too, do I hate Probopass. And I think Tangrowth was just meant to be an ugly pos...

You have always hated NOSEPASS?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Nosepass wrote:
I don't dislike any of the new Pokémon, I just feel that Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Gallade, Dusknoir, and Porygon-Z are somewhat unnecessary compared to other options. (Stantler and Delibird, anyone?)

That's why most of them are in UU. Dusknoir is used because he can take quite a lot of hits and pain split them away, not to mention WoW. People use Evire because he is an excellent mixed attacker and if you can switch him in on an electric attack, he goes crazy.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{aipom} and {nosepass} really needed to evolve and {probopass} and {ambipom} were good choices

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nosepass didn't need to evolve, nor did it need to exist. They should've thrown it in the "whoops, we failed"
pile over with Dunsparce and Pinsir. I'm so glad they didn't try to evolve Pinsir.

I happen to kind of like 'Lectyvire. It's cool looking now that it exists, and I'd almost say it's an icon for fifth gen.

I've actually wanted Glalie to evolve since Gen III but I wasn't expecting anything like Frosslass to be the
result. Oh well! I'm not a fan of Frosslass either, albeit for the type idea.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Nosepass didn't need to evolve, nor did it need to exist. They should've thrown it in the "whoops, we failed"
pile over with Dunsparce and Pinsir. I'm so glad they didn't try to evolve Pinsir.

I happen to kind of like 'Lectyvire. It's cool looking now that it exists, and I'd almost say it's an icon for fifth gen.

I've actually wanted Glalie to evolve since Gen III but I wasn't expecting anything like Frosslass to be the
result. Oh well! I'm not a fan of Frosslass either, albeit for the type idea.

yea now that i think about it ur right

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]