It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 B/W characters...What do you think? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually think it could be him...
Quote:
The mysterious trainer, known only as N, will appear throughout your journey, challenging you to battles. He has a view that Pokémon are friends and should not be used in the manner they are. He wishes to seperate Pokémon and Humans and is looking for the power in order to make his idea occur.

This could hint towards the fact that he could be a major villain maybe (Leading to a very powerful rival?).
Just a thought.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

maybe he's the son or brother/twin of the villain?? like in RBY/FRLG, how Blue acted like a craphead, interrupting you in the Silph tower or w/e before you got to the chairman?? but in actuality, he's giovanni's son.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
maybe he's the son or brother/twin of the villain?? like in RBY/FRLG, how Blue acted like a craphead, interrupting you in the Silph tower or w/e before you got to the chairman?? but in actuality, he's giovanni's son.

Umm...Blue = Gary Oak = Prof. Oak's Grandson.
I think you mean 'Silver' when you refer to a rival being Giovanni's son.
But i know it was blue at Silph building in R/B/Y not Silver.

But...Yeah, i think it'll either end up to be your rival being the 'evil mastermind' in B/W or him being a relative to the villain.

Looking at one of the videos on the main site, i noticed the dude who probably will be the villain. took two screenshots of what the first looks like the rival (see the fringe?) and second is the 'villain' (lets just say). The third is the image of your rival 'N'. Just thought i'd post them to compare...
I think he has the same chin.

EDIT: Maybe the first one isnt the rival, eye colour are different, woops.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

whoops, for some reason i always had it in my head that giovanni was blue's father (i knew he was oak's grandson, but i thought there had to be a middle in there somewhere..... so giovanni kinda fit the bill, but w/e).

here's a question:
If N believes that pokemon and humans should be separated, how can he justify fighting the main character with Pokemon?? he breaks his own set of values just by even owning a pokeball/pokemon. an oxymoron of a charater, it would seem....

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
whoops, for some reason i always had it in my head that giovanni was blue's father (i knew he was oak's grandson, but i thought there had to be a middle in there somewhere..... so giovanni kinda fit the bill, but w/e).

here's a question:
If N believes that pokemon and humans should be separated, how can he justify fighting the main character with Pokemon?? he breaks his own set of values just by even owning a pokeball/pokemon. an oxymoron of a charater, it would seem....

That's actually a good question...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

plus, i think we all know that the "power" he's looking for will be a legendary..... so more wtf moments.....

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
plus, i think we all know that the "power" he's looking for will be a legendary..... so more wtf moments.....

Y'know the fact that there's Black city and white forrest and also that the asthetics of other areas will look different per version (looks like we're forced to buy both games)...
Well, maybe 'N' is trying to split up reality and have Pokemon in the 'Natural area' And Humans in the 'Technical? area'...? Just a thought. Using Zekrom or Reshiram (per version)

It really sucks because the area in black take my fancy but i like Zekrom more than Reshiram...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:
It really sucks because the area in black take my fancy but i like Zekrom more than Reshiram...

yeah i like zekrom better to but i figured out that reshiram has better type advantages than zekrom so now im completely fine with choosing black version over white

i think N is just another guy and not the main villain or rival. i think that he might be kinda like cynthia except he probably wont be the champion, or a pokemon battler at all for that matter

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

red kyogre wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

yeah i like zekrom better to but i figured out that reshiram has better type advantages than zekrom so now im completely fine with choosing black version over white

i think N is just another guy and not the main villain or rival. i think that he might be kinda like cynthia except he probably wont be the champion, or a pokemon battler at all for that matter

It is known for definate he's a rival (Kinda). When you get your starter, some girl and some guy take the other 2. But 'N' doesn't have a starter which is unusual for a rival...BUt this below explains it...
One site wrote:
N is one of the antagonists. N will keep coming to challenge you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokémon "Friends", but one of the screen shots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokémon and divide them so it's black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokémon free from people. He's looking for the power to bring his idea to fruition

Main site wrote:
When you chose your starter, Bell and Cheren will select the other two, while N will challenge you throughout the game like a typical Rival. He has radical ideas for how humans and Pokemon should interact.

By the sounds of it, he will be the villain of the game but also start off at your strength and you both go your different ways getting stronger. Whilst you get stronger, go against E4 he is getting together this 'power' we hear of. And throughout, he challenges you like a rival.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

this is going to be an interesting generation... no starters on the rival?!?! well, then again, wally didn't have any either, considering his "starter" was a ralts.... but i extremely doubt that N will be like that kid.

So he's like greenpeace!!! or whoever created that batmobile that ran into the whaler. using violence to stop violence?!?! brilliant!!!

anybody who thought i was serious in that last sentence shall be shot.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
this is going to be an interesting generation... no starters on the rival?!?! well, then again, wally didn't have any either, considering his "starter" was a ralts.... but i extremely doubt that N will be like that kid.

So he's like greenpeace!!! or whoever created that batmobile that ran into the whaler. using violence to stop violence?!?! brilliant!!!

anybody who thought i was serious in that last sentence shall be shot.

I lol'd.
And yeah, i never considered Wally as a rival. he never battled me enough and he was never that strong. I always considered May as my rival.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
here's a question:

That's the point.
He will immediately be discredited (? can't think of the right word) because he's so hypocritical.

He's being ridiculous in all sorts of ways, and I think that's what the game will try to teach us.
"Coexist instead of separate", because everyone who tries to divide anything into blacks & whites is dumb.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
rex09 wrote:
here's a question:

That's the point.
He will immediately be discredited (? can't think of the right word) because he's so hypocritical.

He's being ridiculous in all sorts of ways, and I think that's what the game will try to teach us.
"Coexist instead of separate", because everyone who tries to divide anything into blacks & whites is dumb.

One question...WHY?
Why is it always the cool ones who turn out dumb?
Gary - didnt love his pokemon and couldnt get powerful enough
Silver - was just hate (i dont know much on Silver)
N - he is actually, REALLY cool and if he turns out to be a weak little **** then forgive me for what i'll do...

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
One question...WHY?
Why is it always the cool ones who turn out dumb?
Gary - didnt love his pokemon and couldnt get powerful enough
Silver - was just hate (i dont know much on Silver)
N - he is actually, REALLY cool and if he turns out to be a weak little **** then forgive me for what i'll do...

my turn to lol

@spoinkable: that is a really good point. separating into blacks and whites.... as in, you have to understand that everyone has that shade of gray inside of them.... i really do like this idea.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Darkrai-follower wrote:
I actually think it could be him...
Quote:
The mysterious trainer, known only as N, will appear throughout your journey, challenging you to battles. He has a view that Pokémon are friends and should not be used in the manner they are. He wishes to seperate Pokémon and Humans and is looking for the power in order to make his idea occur.

This could hint towards the fact that he could be a major villain maybe (Leading to a very powerful rival?).
Just a thought.

Exactly...someone sees it exactly like I do...

rex09 wrote:
maybe he's the son or brother/twin of the villain??

This is basically what I meant by "N looks like he's related to him somewhat"...yeah, exactly...

rex09 wrote:
here's a question:

Yeah that is weird...

red kyogre wrote:

Or like Wally from RSE...to some or most people he wasn't the Rival but appeared to chalenge you occasionally throughout the adventure as if he was the Rival so...

Spoinkable wrote:

Maybe that will be the moral of Gen V's story...this has got me more excited about the Gen V games even though it's a maybe...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:58 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i just think that game freak should know that there are people who played pokemon since the very beginning and that most kids grew up now. so they really should start to make the characters look a lot more mature.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dark_charizard15 wrote:
i just think that game freak should know that there are people who played pokemon since the very beginning and that most kids grew up now. so they really should start to make the characters look a lot more mature.

Yeah i think they have noticed this but then again, their target audience is still probably the same. (Younger kids) But looking at the main characters, they are older (Or meant to be) than the previous main characters so...

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the only reason that there is to believe there might be more mature themes is the whole older protagonists thing. other than that, i rather doubt that'll happen.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

true. and honestly, pokemon isn't made for older kids. sure we who have been playing pokemon for a long time want it to grow up with us, but it's just not gonna happen. pokemon was started as a game for kids and always will be. older people may be able to utilize the whole hidden world of numbers that controls pokemon, and that makes it fun in it's own way. kids think it's fun cause they get to run around and have pokemon. we think it's fun cause we can use our brain to kick peoples asses. (:

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ha yea thats for sure. well i dont really care a lot about the looks as long as the game is fun and playable ha

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
true. and honestly, pokemon isn't made for older kids. sure we who have been playing pokemon for a long time want it to grow up with us, but it's just not gonna happen. pokemon was started as a game for kids and always will be. older people may be able to utilize the whole hidden world of numbers that controls pokemon, and that makes it fun in it's own way. kids think it's fun cause they get to run around and have pokemon. we think it's fun cause we can use our brain to kick peoples asses. (:

Yeah but they DO add subtle changes for the 'older ones'. Like the whole EV training thing, surely we couldnt have worked that out in Gen I when we started and at our age? As well as the slightly more mature looking characters. but they ARE thinking about us i think considering we do still play (and im sure they know it) but their target audience is still young kids.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, if they tried to put the whole EV thing on a gameboy the thing would probably just explode with data everytime you turn it on and start malfunctioning and then blow up causing game freak to go under after all the hospital bills they'll have to pay for small childrens poor injured hands.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:59 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Um... okay. RBY and GSC only had a stat calculation system in place that was almost exactly like the EV system, except that there was no overall cap and it was more convoluted when it came to calculating the Pokemon's stats, but I guess that I just had super special copies of the games that didn't explode anytime I won a wild battle and also kept my mind from melting because I wasn't "mature" enough to understand at the time.

In other words, EVs weren't some addition to Generation III to appeal to older fans nor to make the games appear more advanced. IVs and EVs are almost exactly like the existing values known as DVs and Stat Exp. in the older games except that they're cleaned up a little. And the chances of seeing "mature themes" in a Pokemon game are between zero and nothing.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
yeah, if they tried to put the whole EV thing on a gameboy the thing would probably just explode with data everytime you turn it on and start malfunctioning and then blow up causing game freak to go under after all the hospital bills they'll have to pay for small childrens poor injured hands.

No what i mean is, at the ages we were when Gen I was out (assuming most were my age [young]) we wouldnt have a clue about it. But still, they added it (not for kids to understand-thats too complicated) most probably for the older players of the game. so we know they are considering us. even a bit. so making the characters a little older means we dont have to play as sh**** 10 year old kids.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

... well... i guess you're special. maybe it's just me, but when i was 6 years old I didn't even know what those stats meant. other than lots of HP meant you live longer and lots of attack and defense made you stronger. i was pretty young and hadn't figured all that out and never really cared to learn about EV training til last year. so, my bad.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next