It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:50 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 B/W characters...What do you think? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They both look alright. Better than the other ones. (in my opinion) The girl kinda looks like the Hoenn Gym Leader Flannery in a way, though.

'Cause I want to be the minority
- Minority by Green Day

Wed May 19, 2010 12:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:

I was going to speak of the issues with the female character's bust size (especially compared to her head size).

um....

They aren't nearly that big, in fact, you need to zoom in to find them xD

@ AceTrainer- If ash ruined the game why do you play?

@ Ajit- Very true, since there is a totally hidden world of pokemon with numbers and calculations they should make it more mature.

Please tell that 10 year old girls who watch Lady Gaga and wear makeup to look older and pre-teen guys who played modern warfare 2 non stop and look at "bad stuff" at the internet are not gonna play Pokemon because they make it more serious and put in a more mature lead character?

It's like with wrestling during the attitude era- you market it to teens and you will clean up the money. Similarly, since the wrestling attitude era ended and they marketed to kids, their profits and popularity have fallen.

Teens = money

Every guy on my football teams play games. make a mature game and you could a good chunk of 50 million teenagers to buy it. What happens is people play pokemon and outgrow it because the game has frozen at the 10 year old mindset.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Bust size = age? Seriously? Come on people, there are 80 year old women with "A" cups. Not only that, remember, this is a Japanese developed game.. marketed to japanese people. Average size is considerably smaller than the "western" ideal of huge knockers.

My biggest beef is the purses. Seriously? What girl (and boy for that matter) that is touting a look like is going to go on a backpacking journey with a handbag?

Anyway, I like these character sprites a lot better than the previous ones. The last few have just been horrible. I'm just happy the cap is back to being tipped forward..

Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Teenagers are one of the LEAST profitable demographics out there. Little kids don't have money themselves but they can nag their parents endlessly, and that approach doesn't work so well when you're a jobless 14 year old. It's the kids (or their parents FOR the kids) who buy every game, every card, every movie, every pencil, every eraser, every set of bedsheets, etc., etc. Using slippery slope arguments about wrestling being more profitable when it was marketed to teenagers (side note: the Attitude era was in a FAD period for WWF that appealed to teenagers AND adults, and the fad died down to the point where they now get more money through appealing to the KIDS who buy action figures and mock title belts) has nothing to do with Pokemon.

The series gets the bulk of its money from the kids, so the kids will ALWAYS be the main demographic, no matter how many new complex mechanics are added to the games that the older fans can micromanage while the kids ignore. Knowing what in the world EVs, IVs, natures and abilities are has almost nothing to do with how much the little kids can enjoy the games anyway, and you can't really market the games toward teenagers and the anime toward the kids when the anime gets all of its source material FROM the games proper in the first place.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@ Frost- Kids like to act like grown ups.

Making a slightly edgier game will get more kids because they think it is cool.

We both know as kids we liked stuff like that. Currently a lot of kids stop playing at 11 or 12 because they think its becoming kind of stupid. I know because i have a brother that age.

Make it slightly older and capture both markets.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, just because the trainer age is supposedly a tiny bit older, doesn't mean we're getting "mature" themes. I can almost guarantee you that the gameplay will still be just as kiddy and camp-filled. Just look at the starter Pokemon. I mean the Red/Blue starters looked a million times more beastly, so that kinda says something.

If they were really "maturing" the game, the girl would have an appropriate chest, and the starters wouldn't be so lame looking. Really, I highly doubt that anything in game will feel like it's meant for older people. Older trainers is most likely, at best, a gimmick.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The male character looks alright. They could've made the hair a little less spreading out to the sides. And the face looks just like the female character but different colour eyes. But other than that, I say he looks cool. The female character's hair looks like it has 2 Kisses hanging down from the side of her head. The big hair in the back looks ugly! But otherwise, they look okay. On a scale of 1 to 10 on how they look, I would give 'em a 3 and 1/2.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
KingErick wrote:
um....

They aren't nearly that big, in fact, you need to zoom in to find them xD

What I meant was that her breast aren't really the right size or even visable for that matter, especially compared to her head which is kind of big in comparison & adding just a little more bust size to her would not even hurt a fly...

puck269 wrote:
Bust size = age? Seriously? Come on people, there are 80 year old women with "A" cups. Not only that, remember, this is a Japanese developed game.. marketed to japanese people. Average size is considerably smaller than the "western" ideal of huge knockers.

So what!, I wouldn't care about it if they were actually there but they aren't so when I look at her head in comparison it bring up the question of what happened here, just saying, no need to jump to conclusions or whatever, this is a game, not real life, just saying...

Arekasune wrote:
If they were really "maturing" the game, the girl would have an appropriate chest

This kind of explains why I am even bringing up the fact that the female's chest is not appropiate, since the trainers are older, I would like to see it more & I don't see it with the female trainer almost at all really except her slightly increased height & face...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed May 19, 2010 7:52 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

The chick is like 12 years old. Even if she had more visible boobs, it's not like she'd realistically have DDs or something with the way some of you are going on about how underdeveloped she is. And I don't see a visible bulge where the male character's dick should be (he's older than previous male heroes too ZOMG!1!!) but I don't see anybody up in arms about that. So, please, enough about the girl's lack of boobs.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
The chick is like 12 years old. Even if she had more visible boobs, it's not like she'd realistically have DDs or something with the way some of you are going on about how underdeveloped she is. And I don't see a visible bulge where the male character's dick should be (he's older than previous male heroes too ZOMG!1!!) but I don't see anybody up in arms about that. So, please, enough about the girl's lack of boobs.

Oh, well I'm done with that as it's too late to complain about something like that with the design done & all & I believe that she most likely will be older then 12 which is why I even brought it up at all...

Now I want to talk about the Male character's wardrobe, any thoughs here?...I myself see it not being a good idea for him to wear those colors & have both brown eyes & brown hair at the same time...it looks bad when putting this into consideration especially the color Red...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed May 19, 2010 8:20 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

puck269 wrote:

My biggest beef is the purses. Seriously? What girl (and boy for that matter) that is touting a look like is going to go on a backpacking journey with a handbag?

It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't really care a ton about the character art, as when I'm playing my game, my character is only a tiny handful of pixels on my DS screen. It's not much to really be able to scrutinize what they look like, as long as species and gender are apparent.

Going from the released art...The female looks like a redneck to me, but I've never been one to complain about short shorts. Her design is okay. The male character's eyes are the exact same shade of brown as his hair, which makes his whole face look really bland. I think that would really need to be changed before I could like it.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Now I want to talk about the Male character's wardrobe, any thoughs here?...I myself see it not being a good idea for him to wear those colors & have both brown eyes & brown hair at the same time...it looks bad when putting this into consideration especially the color Red...

At least He's not wearing an orange beret.

Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Steel_Eel wrote:
At least He's not wearing an orange beret.

Good, good point here I mean I don't mind the beret on the Platinum male character but it looked terrible on the DP male character (I know they were the same person but still)

Serpentsounds wrote:
The male character's eyes are the exact same shade of brown as his hair, which makes his whole face look really bland. I think that would really need to be changed before I could like it.

Yeah it does so this too, this too...

Thu May 20, 2010 11:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think they look fantastic, and they're keeping up with what's popular in entertainment everywhere right now.
They look more mature than previous characters.

Male - it's remarkably difficult to 'age' a cartoon boy. Outside of adding awkward facial stubble or giving him acne, all they could do was update his hair.
Young boys wear the same types of clothing as older boys, so they couldn't modify those too much, either.
I think they did fine with him.

Female - Basically all they did was take away any inkling of pants and make her hair bigger.
They're taking the 'Lady Gaga' approach to her look, for lack of a better term, which is what a lot of young girls want to look like.
Not Gaga in the sense that they wear giant black flowers or dead Kermits all over their bodies, but less pants and more hair/makeup.

They're trying to appeal to the younger generation by changing with the times.
Kids don't want to be 'young' anymore. Well, we/they never Did, but now there are so many Pokemon knockoffs, of course Gamefreak had to make a few changes to compete.
Lord knows Yu-Gi-Oh is more mature now, while Bakugan is sticking to little kids.
I think Pokemon's remaining in the middle, and doing a good job at it.

I'm rambling.
I think they did great.

Thu May 20, 2010 12:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I personally like the older protagonists. It's a nice change from the cookie-cutter rookie ten-year-old Pokemon master thing...

Thu May 20, 2010 2:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

some avatars are good, some are through the floor crappy (i'm talking about the male in dp; my most hated avatar). i just wish they would do something a little different; red, ethan, and (wth are they going to call him, black?? white?? yellow?? not racist, i'm asian) new guy all wear caps and look similar. like the hair on the female tho idk y. but the guy looks a little bland. but either way, that's probably not going to matter considering he'll be about a cm high (not good with measurements lol idk if that's rite) and you won't be able to see detail. i still think that if they do something along the lines of protecting or doing a task for someone (like my father gets sick scenario) the older age would make sense.

Thu May 20, 2010 3:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mektar wrote:
They should let you edit the trainer's outfit/appearance. The body style would be set at the start of the adventure during your chat with Professor (insert species of tree here). After that, you could buy new cloths at the Department store in Isshu. Or, both could be determined by a survey ala Mystery Dungeon.

Edit: OMG my Siggy dissapeared XO

THIS

Sat May 22, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Everlasting Sapphire wrote:
I personally like the older protagonists. It's a nice change from the cookie-cutter rookie ten-year-old Pokemon master thing...

This exactly for better or for worse, jk, jk...
This exactly...

Sat May 22, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hey, i was looking at the pics again, and did anyone else notice they're wearing poketches?? they've made a comeback!! which means that menu from hgss was short-lived (probably) :-( but the apps were more useful

Sun May 30, 2010 5:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
hey, i was looking at the pics again, and did anyone else notice they're wearing poketches?? they've made a comeback!! which means that menu from hgss was short-lived (probably) :-( but the apps were more useful

They probably are going to use features from both this time around only have them be features of the Poketch instead...I hope they do this cause I actually welcomed the HGSS menu with open arms to the point where I actually used the stylus(spelling) pretty much all the time & am glad I did so...

Sun May 30, 2010 5:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Either the PokEtch will replace the PokeWhateveritis as a menu button, or it will be like three buttons on the side. I say three, as in one to page up, one to page down, and one to return to the home menu.

Or, that could just be replaced by the X key, which also returns to the home menu.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hahhaha, I've been so lost, because for all this time (on the games) I've read "Poketch" as "Poketech".
So I was all "what are these guys talking about? I've never heard of a 'Poketch', so why is one 'making a comeback'?"
Oops.

I hope they make it easier to navigate. I HATE scrolling and scrolling and scrolling just to get where I want.
Like, even if all they do is replace the numbers (that pop up when you rapid-scroll) with the names of the apps, I'll be more than elated.

However, I know they'll do more.
Excited to see what.

Sun May 30, 2010 11:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

On the actual characters.

If they really wanted to age the kids, they should have made the girl way taller than the guy. Lord knows when I was 12 all the girls in my class were taller than me.

I never really took into account the age of the protagonists...I assumed they were older, like 16 older. That's what they looked like to me, despite my actually knowing how old they were. I dunno, they never looked 10 to me. Take Red for example, he looks like he's in his 20's and about to kill someone.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

On the female character...at least her ingame sprite looks promising...on the male character...he's clearly the better designed of the 2 imo, I can't wait to see the trainers' Artwork for when you look at the trainer card & during the battle sequence...

Mon May 31, 2010 12:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, but there's nothing really exciting or new about either of them... (not like it matters either way). but i agree with Lightshayde about the protagonists looking older (though i would place Red at about 18). there's no way they're all ten. Copycat is probably ten. tbh, these look younger than some of the previous characters.... (though not by much).

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next