It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Pokemon Sunday, Corocoro reveal Zoroark and Zorua 
THE POWER IS ON!

Let the complaints about how it's ugly and/or just a silhouette and/or too much like a Digimon and/or too similar to older Pokemon begin!

This Pokemon apparently will be revealed on Pokemon Sunday in two weeks, on February 21, 2010. However, its name (Zoroark), design and pre-evolution (Zorua) were revealed in Corocoro magazine about a week and early:

Image Image

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Looks like a cross between Lucario and a Werewolf. :)

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile ICQ
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Looks like it would a Fire type. Also looks like it could be possible evolution for Ninetales.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To me it looks like a possible evolution for Sandslash. Maybe getting an added sub type like Fire or Poison.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I definitely see a werewolf-ish aspect. My guess is an Absol evolution, Dark/Fighting type.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:56 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm putting money on a Mightyena evolution. It looks nothing like Lucario besides the human shape, nor does it look like Ninetales. Mightyena makes the most sense, as Frost pointed out in the chats - Mightyena is appearing in the next movie, along side this new Pokemon.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Floatzel + Lucario + Shaymin = this new Pokemon. But in all honesty I think that this Pokemon will come from a new evolution line. I expect this Pokemon to be the "Lucario" of Generation 5.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:
I'm putting money on a Mightyena evolution. It looks nothing like Lucario besides the human shape, nor does it look like Ninetales. Mightyena makes the most sense, as Frost pointed out in the chats - Mightyena is appearing in the next movie, along side this new Pokemon.

Perhaps a second evolution to Poochyena (like Froslass was)? Just a theory. What I see is a combination of Sandslash, Infernape (just a bit), Mightyena, Crash Banidcoot, and Sonic the Hedgehog. I may be mixing video games, but I just call it like I see it. I agree with Chef, too, there's definitely an Absol-like thing going on. I'm going to say it's Fire/Fighting (like we need another of those), Dark/Fire (could be neat; so far all I can think of is Houndoom), or possibly Dark/Fighting (would be epic).

I vote we start hypothesizing names in the next week here. Let's see, if it's of the Poochyena line, it needs to combine a word with Hyena. I say "Megayena" or something to that effect. If it comes from Sandsrew et al, it needs to start with sand-. I'm calling it "Sandstryke" or "Sandwulf." Absol seems trickier, though. I'd say "Absyrd" (play on "absurd") or "Adnox" (meaning "toward night/darkness"). Okay, everyone else's turn now. 8-)

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It does kind of look like a Mightyena evolution, but I'd think if they were revealing 1 pokemon from Gen V, It would be a brand new pokemon, not related to old ones.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Lucario was the first thing that popped up in my mind though I really don't see any resemblance besides the fact it is bipedal. This pokemon does however put an image of a werewolf in my head and I could see the pokemon team using the legend of the wolfman.

I agree that this pokemon does look like an evolution of the previous opinions such as Mightyena & Sandslash, Skullkid also says it looks like an evolutionary stage of Sandslash or Ninetalles. The Mightyena prediction I think is more then likely the jackpot answer along with its type combo of fighting and Dark.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

er... really? a generation V? Gen IV HG and SS haven't even come out in america yet and there's already talk of the next game. i'm not sure whether to be stoked or annoyed that a newer better version of the game i just reserved is coming out.

i'm not worried much about the evolution line here, i'm worried about the name. the pokemon franchise' choices of naming are cute and entertaining, but they've become strained these past few years. i just hope they don't come up with anything worse than garchomp. -.- ... it has the parody in its actual name...

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gliscor Winmore wrote:
er... really? a generation V? Gen IV HG and SS haven't even come out in america yet and there's already talk of the next game. i'm not sure whether to be stoked or annoyed that a newer better version of the game i just reserved is coming out.

i'm not worried much about the evolution line here, i'm worried about the name. the pokemon franchise' choices of naming are cute and entertaining, but they've become strained these past few years. i just hope they don't come up with anything worse than garchomp. -.- ... it has the parody in its actual name...

I'm sorry if I'm reviving an old thread but i feel this relevant still.

A thought that no one has mentioned is whether this is going to be ds. or not. I have all but 6 pokes on me platinum and i really don't want to lose my hard work. :S

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mightyena went Super Saiyan 3!

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:05 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Looks like Lucario got a bit too close to a Moon Stone... Regardless,as long as this isnt pink it shall replace Shiny Ninetales as my favorite Pokemon.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm sorry guys, but you're all wrong. :(

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

^ Epic win

Now thats a ShayMAN!

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It does look like Shaymin. It's most likely a new forme of it.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Galar, did you make that picture yourself? It looks pretty sweet actually. Props to you.
That being said, I can't see it being Shaymin for a few reasons. 1) The Sky Forme really hasn't been around that long, so I don't see why they'd want to give Shaymin ANOTHER different form so quickly. 2) This Pokemon is supposed to star in the newest movie or something and Shaymin already had it's own movie along with Giratina. 3) I just don't see how Shaymin could turn into THAT; I mean, Shaymin's cool and all, but this thing looks sorta tall and menacing which Shaymin just is not. 4) I'd think that Nintendo would like to just revamp some of the old things to keep some of th older fans around more. Honestly, if I had the choice between 100 new Pokemon that are poorly thought out and evolutions of the original 151 (not all of them, but you know what I mean), I'd definitely pick the latter because I grew up with that. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, but this is just my opinions.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, it does look like a Lucario evo, but I'm hoping it's a poke from a new evolution line. Most likely dark/fighting type.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It would be nice if it's a new type. For instance, Grass/Electric or something. It kinda looks like Lucario, but I doubt they would make another evoled form of it. {rayquaza}

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If you are telling me that it looks like a {shaymin} evo, it is the most loony thing I have heard. I'd bet 1 dollar if it's a new pokemon evo; an {eevee}olution, perhaps, or another Poochyena evo-line as Emin Jofit wrote; who knows?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, the Pokemon has been officially revealed from what I've heard. It's a Dark-type named Zoroark with a pre-evolution Zorua. It's some evil fox Pokemon, so we were close on that one. Also we had Dark-type right. CoroCoro gave it up last night I believe. And the movie is called Phantom Champion Zoroark or something like that. There is still a possibility that it's fake, but right now it looks like we've got a good indicator.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:34 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Reminds me of a Mightyena evolution I drew once. I definitely think Dark/Fighting type.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Emin Jofit wrote:
Okay, the Pokemon has been officially revealed from what I've heard. It's a Dark-type named Zoroark with a pre-evolution Zorua. It's some evil fox Pokemon, so we were close on that one. Also we had Dark-type right. CoroCoro gave it up last night I believe. And the movie is called Phantom Champion Zoroark or something like that. There is still a possibility that it's fake, but right now it looks like we've got a good indicator.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

:shock: :shock: OOOOHH... :shock: :shock: I WANT IT.... And I would get it if I had a DS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now why am I doing 2 of every smily? :? :? There I go again. :evil: :evil: AAH!! :frustrated: :frustrated: ...Ow... :| :| !!! :censored: :censored: *comp blows up* :shock: YAY! ... What was the point of that? Oh, yeah:
I WANT IT

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next