It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Wifi "utilities" I'd like to see in Generation V or beyond 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. Pokemon adoption center.
Acting as a "stopgap" when you're releasing pokemon, the last 3 pokemon you have released are sent here. You can then pick them up at any time. Then, when you log onto the GTS (or when you long onto the adoption center there?), your 3 pokemon are sent to the Global Adoption Center (Well, the pokemon's OT name, their type, moves, and level. IVs and EVs will be randomly generated later on for data-streamlining and quality reasons) and 3 pokemon will be taken from the GAC and put "up for adoption" at the PAC. You can pick one and only one of the 3 pokemon per day (maybe after you choose, the other 2 are deleted... maybe they're kept for the next day just in case you wanted 2?).
Special: Nintendo should release several "Nintendo Event Pokemon" through this that are thus randomly distributed.

2. Pokemon Egg-swap. In PES, you deposit one (or more?) eggs in a certain area (maybe in a special area in a "egg hatchery"?), and when you log onto the wifi network, or go to the union room, the egg swaps with another player (at random?).
Note: Traded Eggs will need to hatch sooner through some in-game mechanism.

3. Wifi-unlocked pokemon/pokemon abilities. A certain code number will be downloaded automatically every time you enter the GTS that affects what pokemon appear where in a special area of the game (Think Trophy Garden). Sometimes this will make certain rare pokemon appear, sometimes this will make pokemon learn special moves in the wild, sometimes it will affect the items they're holding?

4. Wifi Daycare. As a special ability, you should be able to go to the special "wifi daycare" - during this time unused members of your party will have a chance to breed with anyone in the room while you're doing a 3 on 3 battle (or something) with another player on the network. Let's say after the battle if one of player A's last 3 slotted pokemon can breed with one of player B's last 3 slotted pokemon, the daycare person will come out and give both players an egg saying that their pokemon held two eggs...

5. Global Item Center - Global Trade Center for Items, more or less. Maybe make it 1-for-1 or 1-for-2?

6. Wifi Tutors/Dojo - Perhaps have a seperate building where you can go on the wifi and go to a back room where there is a chance of finding certain tutors who teach certain pokemon certain abilities. These should be entirely generated by data Dled from the wifi network, an either (a) should remain in the dojo for a limited time (say a day), or (b) only remain in the dojo while you're on the wifi network, and they will teach only the pokemon in your party - and only if they meet certain criteria - certain moves.

I guess the main idea for this kind of tutor would be that it would teach a set move to 1 or 2 different pokemon. I guess these tutors might work like wifi-mystery-gifts, except that they disappear after some time. I'd prefer these tutors to teach moves your pokemon can't learn normally within the game, but I suppose it'd be enough if they teach pokemon some of the moves that they could learn in previous generations, or if they could teach them moves that the BF Tutors teach for obscene BP but for free. So, for example, one of the moves that can be taught in the BF by tutors is Outrage. Maybe when you log on, you'd be sent a tutor who teaches all of those same pokemon outrage, but for free. Meanwhile Nintendo would have the option of releasing "unique" tutors who could teach pokemon moves they don't nromally learn. Or just tutors who taught TM moves w/o the Tm.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here's another wifi feature I'd like to see:

"Initial set-up- wifi-generated events" - When you start the game, you should have the option of connecting to nintendo wifi (similar to mystery gift) to download unique character-setting features in the game. These can include, but not be limited to (a) unlocking certain opponents/events that can be unlocked by wifi mystery gift later, (b) giving you a unique egg w/ all moves that are learnable in game, but not moves that are naturally learned w/o tutoring or breeding - a unique egg that changes every day (and is never something super-rare), and ???

I especially like this "get a special egg" idea because you can get something that is available in the game, but you can get it EARLY and it will FEEL like you've got an exclusive/event pokemon even though, strictly speaking it isn't. Roughly Nintendo could be randomly mystery gifting random eggs to everyone every day for no apparent reason, but if it's a "when you start your game, you get this random egg that changes every day", it will be less likely that people restart their games "just" to get a super-rare egg (Oh, today's egg is murkrow with thief, aerial ace, tackle, and hyper beam... wait, that's not even GOOD! WHY should I restart my game for this?). However, at the same time, it will increase the variety of a player's team (well, outside of everyone who buys it on day one and discover that their egg is a caterpie... :P).

Sat May 08, 2010 7:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That last idea about the eggs was really good and i think that it would be really good if something similar were to be introduced.

{darkrai}

Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here's an idea:
I think that for the GTS there should have a feature if you have a pokemon you are willing to offer, it'll look up people that want that paticular pokemon and you decide who should have it instead of having a wild goose chase or wait forever to find someone.

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

auesome idea about the adoption center! i would like that.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i want see that wifi daycare

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

labarith wrote:
during this time unused members of your party will have a chance to breed with anyone in the room

I lol'd. :P

The adoption idea seemed interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]